Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time (34642 Views)

How I Make Beans Soup (Gbegiri) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Successfulben: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
Yorubas that are very dirty and smelly. I hate that tribe with passion.
massmediang:
I traveled to Osogbo in Osun state and tasted gbegiri soup with small ewedu and Amala for the first time. It was wonderful and I kept eating it throughout my stay in Osogbo.
Gbegiri soup is made with beans and it's a popular delicacy among Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria. Well, I tasted it for the first time and discovered that the taste is universally friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNPUR788mw
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Jemex003: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
buygala:
Ewww embarassed

Every aboki with im kettle sha..

But I won't be caught dead licking that thing that looks like cat vomit sad

That’s why you look like dead cat, Your Ogbono look more uglier than our precious Gbegiri and Ewedu with black Amala make you add soft cow head meat join am trust me there’s no way you will not make heaven

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Kwara1stson: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
englishmart:
Give a Yorubba woman 5k to make soup and see her ingredients below.
Fresh Pepper 800
Cameroon pepper 400
Atarodo 300
Palm oil 1,000
Egusi 200
Vegetable 100
Kpomo 2000
Transportation 200.
anecdotal statement
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by achillesfoot(m): 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2022
Come on People, Yoruba has one of the best delicases, are we still debating on that? I had friends from Ijebu.. Oh my goodness!! I don't want to remember lest I cry.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by nams77: 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Wait till they come..

They distaste anything Yoruba!
You are truly stewpid.

I know a lot of guys from the east that eat this. Don't let hatred kill you

When I visited lagos two months ago, I also ate it

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by babajeje123(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ogbesinnaya:
Come to Oyo town, somewhere close to Atiba local government Secretariat, e get one hood wey we dey enjoy the combo. It's always served very hot...
Amala iya Oluwatobi

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Olojuobinrin(m): 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
Op abeg where you go for Osogbo wey you see this kind thing I wan go there like this abeg !!
Where for Osogbo you go abeg .

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by lagonovo: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Successfulben:
Yes, the lowly tend to be like that everywhere with few exceptions, even among whites if not worse as those ones are truly disgusting.

It's up to you to up your game and roll at a higher level. You can't live in Ijora under bridge and be complaining that Niger-Delta people are very dirty and smelly, they don't all live there.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by ufotunang: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
Are you sure it's delicious... Yoruba foods and soup contains a lot of pepper... and I hate pepper...I do not like too much of pepper in my food
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by adedayoa2(f): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
lagonovo:

Yes, the lowly tend to be like that everywhere with few exceptions, even among whites if not worse as those ones are truly disgusting.

It's up to you to up your game and roll at a higher level. You can't live in Ijora under bridge and be complaining that Niger-Delta people are very dirty and smelly, they don't all live there.

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by nextstep(m): 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
Welcome to the gbegiri lovers club. Delicious and very nutritious! Wish I can join you.

To the one abusing its look, you just feel the way because you're not used to it.

If you eat egusi, or okro, agbono, or ewedu, I can't see how you'll complain about the look of Gbegiri

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by babtoundey(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

I thought ewedu was a must that goes with either gbegiri or omi obe.

Yes. Ewedu always go with omo obe
Gbegiri too always go with omi obe

When one mixes ewedu and gbegiri with omi obe, that mixture is called "abula"

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Juanmike(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ndi ofe mmanu
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Exceed15: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
I hate that combo with passion.
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Tonytonex(m): 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hmmm! Now hunger can cause one to eat anything now.
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Oduduwa707: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
donforeign:
i hate this food... irritating embarassed

Oloriburuku Okoro Omo-Irankiran angry

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by grandstar(m): 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
The first time I chumped on it was when I was 25 and I thought I was in heaven grin grin grin grin. I searched everywhere for it.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by nextstep(m): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
Successfulben:

Wow. Just wow. Not just a subset, or a particular neighborhood, but all of Yoruba? I wish you didn't harbor this kind of sentiment. Have you travelled or just repeating some tribophobic statements you've heard?

I've been to many places in Nigeria, and nobody holds a monipoly on cleanliness or dirty environment.

As for my folks close to the Niger river, our favorite hobby is to bring out the trash on rainy days, so it all washes downstream and clogs up drainage, stinking up the place. And really, are we going to ignore the reeking delights of parts of Aba or Owerri?

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
babtoundey:

Ooooh!
I've always wondered.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
Oduduwa707:

angry

E f'ara ba'le.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by amakanancy(f): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
Dialpad:
I dislike that Gbegiri, not sure of how I will be comfortable eating such
It sounded weird to me initially. I eventually tasted it in Ibadan. Goodness! one of the best soups invented by man... I wished i discovered gbegiri and ewedu earlier in my life.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Another non-hateful Igbo discover the delicious beauty of Yoruba cuisine. The hateful ones are still crying on the thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't mind them. Funny, their hatred does not stop them from migrating en masse to Yoruba land. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I no follow. I don't hate the descendants of Oduduwa. I find them fascinating.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by amakanancy(f): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Successfulben:
where do you come from?

6 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by chatinent: 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
My own love for amala ati ewedu is sth I can't explain whenever I get the chance to eat it.

Gbegiri is bae

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by promisedeco(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
I ate my first just last week Saturday

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by OdefaGirl(f): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
If someone doesn't like your delicacy, should it call for hate?
Na waa ooo.
Well, I didn't like Amala till I tasted it with okra soup and was craving for more....
But that ewedu, eeww Chi m, I don't think I can because of the appearance.... including one Adamawa native soup they cook with moringa.... Kai
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Successfulben: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ask my yansh
amakanancy:

where do you come from?
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
Channah1:
My favorite combo, gbegiri and ewedu.

With Ogunfe. Yummy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by GodsOwnMan: 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
babtoundey:

grin Chia! see PhD level gbegiri knowledge grin
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Channah1(f): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

Is it filling? Looks very light to me.

Not really. Amala is very light.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
Phaantom22:

Truth is bitter bro, eat more of fresh vegetable meals n shun these oil-ladden stews called soup.
ok sir, but g egiri and ewedu, nobody can separate me
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by babtoundey(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

grin Chia! see PhD level gbegiri knowledge grin

My brother, that tongue wey never taste gbegiri never start to jolly for life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Europe-Based Nigerian Vlogger Laments Over Hike In Price Of Goat Meat This Xmas / Big Python Killed In Rivers State / How I made Spicy Concoction Vegetable Noodles. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.