Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes (29248 Views)

British Government Apologizes To Peter Obi Over Illegal Detention / Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks / Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Goodson15: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2022
After our government have misused Oil money they are now taxing from citizens pocket by all means,both direct and indirect Tax

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by tripoli007(m): 6:54am On Aug 28, 2022
If this is not madness then I don’t know what it is , telling people to pay for parking outside an organization, company or eatery makes no sense . This is pure double taxation , you pay several tax to local government and also LIRS . Will the government also provide security outside that fence . This is pure madness and must be campaigned against

Lagos belongs to us all and not just this folks

4 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Mbbscentric(m): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:
Its still same thing....why would you pay for parking cars in your own state, after paying rediculous amounts on taxes nd other useless levies.

They want to form civil society when we can not see any meaningful thing they use our taxes for ...spits

Child of hate, let me take you to school.

Parking taxes are in most countries, before you open your mouth to ask again what she benefits, mention a state in Nigeria that is like Lagos.

Hate child.

21 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by OMOJOHN001: 6:56am On Aug 28, 2022
Let see what the taxes will be used for?
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Mbbscentric(m): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2022
tripoli007:
If this is not madness then I don’t know what it is , telling people to pay for parking outside an organization, company or eatery makes no sense . This is pure double taxation , you pay several tax to local government and also LIRS . Will the government also provide security outside that fence . This is pure madness and must be campaigned against

Lagos belongs to us all and not just this folks

Leave Lagos if you can't pay.

8 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by abuhusna1: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2022
symbianDON:
This law or rule or whatever it is, is too stringent and draconian!
This is obtainable everywhere in the world. That nigeria is charging it now is not a crime. Someone must implement something as long as it's within the purview of the law

15 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by CocoaOla: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2022
On top small minimum wages ooo, lowest HDI in africa, and worst standard of living on earth

Japa to a sane country

5 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Elddergod: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2022
KingGBsky:
So you have to pay for parking outside your house in Lagos?
Toll gate money and taxes no reach shaky jagaban again. Lagos must pay for his election.
It’s sure Lagos State belongs to this man, the governor is just his puppet.

Outside your house is not your house..
It's a normal thing in developed society. You want Nigeria to look like Dubai yet you can't adhere to simple instructions..this is what they do to organize their cities and you don't see them complain.

IT IS DIFFICULT TO GOVERN THE BLACK MAN ��

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by oyichi: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2022
are they going to tax people for parking their cars in their compound?

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Difrent: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2022
Jestin:
That is how Tinubu is going to tax Nigerians if we don’t vote wisely

The same parking tax PO willingly paid while in London....Germany....and now Rome....but he will come back and LIE to you he will cancel all taxes so gullibles like you will come and write this type of nonsense.
You want good life but your poor self is advocating for the rich man not to pay taxes that will be used to improve your life. SMH
POOR Nigerians like you Better wake up and smell the coffee....these rich billionaires like Obi will deceive you and blind you from seeing reality.....they won't want you to tax their wealth like its done in other advanced countries thats why they hide it in tax heavens only to come back and tax your poor asses to stupor while you wail till eternity

20 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by abuhusna1: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2022
CocoaOla:
On top small minimum wages ooo, lowest HDI in africa, and worst standard of living on earth

Japa to a sane country
People earning minimum wages don't use cars.

12 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by EgunMogaji2: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2022
I don’t know the situation of the easement o this particular property but it seems odd that the government can levy parking fees on the space between the fence and the gutter if it belongs to the business.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:00am On Aug 28, 2022
it shouldn't be like that why not on asphalt that's after the gutter

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by abuhusna1: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2022
Difrent:

The same parking tax PO willingly paid while in London....Germany....and now Rome....but he will come back and LIE to you he will cancel all taxes so gullibles like you will come and write this type of nonsense.
You want good life but your poor self is advocating for the rich man not to pay taxes that will be used to improve your life. SMH
POOR Nigerians like you Better wake up and smell the coffee....these rich billionaires like Obi will deceive you and blind you from seeing reality.....they won't want you to tax their wealth like its done in other advanced countries thats why they hide it in tax heavens only to come back and tax your poor asses to stupor while you wail till eternity
Even obi is gonna generatw revenues from taxes. No tax no governance

9 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by symbianDON(m): 7:01am On Aug 28, 2022
abuhusna1:

This is obtainable everywhere in the world. That nigeria is charging it now is not a crime. Someone must implement something as long as it's within the purview of the law
in public places, yes, outside your own house, no!

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by EgunMogaji2: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2022
oyichi:

In my opinion this is a precedence pointing towards that.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by abuhusna1: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2022
oyichi:
You pay tax to park on the road outside your compound not in your compound as obstainable everywhere in the world.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2022
it shouldn't be like that why not on asphalt that's after the gutter .na to start parking space business now

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by oyichi: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2022
will they tax tinubu for all those cars parked in his house?

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by oyichi: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2022
abuhusna1:

You pay tax to park on the road outside your compound not in your compound as obstinate everywhere in the world.
OK, its good then
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ezechi242: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2022
Mbbscentric:

Child of hate, let me take you to school.

Parking taxes are in most countries, before you open your mouth to ask again what benefit she's benefiting, mention a state in Nigeria that is like Lagos.

Hate child.

You took me to school but you miseducated me even worse than my olodo social studies teacher in pri 1.

There are taxes like that in other countries can you measure the rate of development in those countries with that of Lagos? ....Amoeba like you.

Aside lekki, Ikeja,vi, and some parts of ajah tell me any where that is developed in Lagos.....or is mushin, makoko, agege, ilaje, iwaya,ajegunle not in Lagos?....a place that is the 2 worse place to live in the entire universe?....people that doesn't travel always thinks their fathers one room is heaven.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by maasoap(m): 7:05am On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.

If that will reduce the indiscriminate parkings that contribute majorly to traffic congestions, I'm of the opinion that all state governments in Nigeria should adopt the method. Imagine people parking at junctions and narrow roads. Even when they notice that their action has caused holdups, they still wouldn't budge.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Landmack: 7:05am On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Honestly, I was speechless when a dispatch rider sent a similar letter to me....

I'm the facility of a company, got the stupid letter that we re to pay up to 2million naira within 7days of receiving letter...

Can you imagine, that rubbish, so parking inside your compound is now a crime in Lagos?

They are mad....

Before some people will say go back to your state, I'm a lagosian and my family are part of the people that lay the foundation of Lagos...

So I won't even pay any stupid fee..

Lmaoooooooooooooo
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by maasoap(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:

You took me to school but you miseducated me even worse than my olodo social studies teacher in pri 1.

There are taxes like that in other countries can you measure the rate of development in those countries with that of Lagos? ....Amoeba like you.

Aside lekki, Ikeja,vi, and some parts of ajah tell me any where that is developed in Lagos.....or is mushin, makoko not in Lagos?....a place that is the 2 worse place to live in the entire universe?....people that doesn't travel always thinks their fathers one room is heaven.

So in essence, they should allow the indiscriminate parkings to continue? Better tell your state government to adopt this punitive measure to bring back little sanity

10 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by abuhusna1: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2022
symbianDON:
in public places, yes, outside your own house, no!
Your house is that 60 by 120 anything in front of it is government property lol

5 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by deebrownneymar: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2022
It is for a fact that Tifnubu stills eats from what they realize

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by seunmsg(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2022
The Tinubu campaign should sue the lady for the defamatory post. Social media should not be used in this manner without consequences. No one should be allowed to lie against and malign the image of others for no reason other than petty ethnic consideration.

Just imagine if it was a Yoruba person living in Anambra state that made such a false and reckless post against Peter Obi.

Yoruba people really need to do a serious soul searching. The kind of nonsense we are taking is becoming embarrassing. Are we really just liberal or plain foolish?

19 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design / US Trip Exposed Ignorance Of Northern Governors – Sule Lamido / Governor Wike Honors Komonbo Kate, Inauguration Parade Commander (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.