Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes (29251 Views)

British Government Apologizes To Peter Obi Over Illegal Detention / Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks / Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:

You took me to school but you miseducated me even worse than my olodo social studies teacher in pri 1.

There are taxes like that in other countries can you measure the rate of development in those countries with that of Lagos? ....Amoeba like you.

Aside lekki, Ikeja,vi, and some parts of ajah tell me any where that is developed in Lagos.....or is mushin, makoko, agege, ilaje, iwaya,ajegunle not in Lagos?....a place that is the 2 worse place to live in the entire universe?....people that doesn't travel always thinks their fathers one room is heaven.
you are the real olodo.

How do you think this developments came about? You think they fell from heaven?

Illiterate. grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ezechi242: 7:12am On Aug 28, 2022
maasoap:

If that will reduce the indiscriminate parkings that contribute majorly to traffic congestions, I'm of the opinion that all state governments in Nigeria should adopt the method. Imagine people parking at junctions and narrow roads. Even when they notice that their action has caused holdups, they still wouldn't budge.
j

All these thins are not rocket science ...how many peparking lots has the government built to ease traffic....you reason some kind things first before you type.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by gonkin(m): 7:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Park on road to receive call dem tax u, park beside your house, dem go tax u. Na to go park for petrol station, cuz thats the only safe place for now

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Honestfrend: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2022
KingGBsky:
So you have to pay for parking outside your house in Lagos?
Toll gate money and taxes no reach shaky jagaban again. Lagos must pay for his election.
It’s sure Lagos State belongs to this man, the governor is just his puppet.

Puppet is an understatement..

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by somehow: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2022
We can compare our country with other countries and be asking questions

But not ready to do what these other countries are doing to be better than us.

12 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by tolue42(m): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Honestly, I was speechless when a dispatch rider sent a similar letter to me....

I'm the facility of a company, got the stupid letter that we re to pay up to 2million naira within 7days of receiving letter...

Can you imagine, that rubbish, so parking inside your compound is now a crime in Lagos?

They are mad....

Before some people will say go back to your state, I'm a lagosian and my family are part of the people that lay the foundation of Lagos...

So I won't even pay any stupid fee..

Don't you understand English Read all over again, but this time "sloooowly".

Land after your fence is owned by Government...

8 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2022
Don't be surprised that some percentages of this tax is going into the bank account of tinubu's company.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Oluwalifted: 7:16am On Aug 28, 2022
Dem force you to live in Lagos?

ezechi242:
Its still same thing....why would you pay for parking cars in your own state, after paying rediculous amounts on taxes nd other useless levies.

They want to form civil society when we can not see any meaningful thing they use our taxes for ...spits

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by wunmi590(m): 7:17am On Aug 28, 2022
tolue42:

Don't you understand English Read all over again, but this time "sloooowly".

Land after your fence is owned by Government...

Lol, if not that I don't want to post the letter here...

A letter was sent to me that I should pay when all my my cars are packed inside my compound, not even unto of the gutter....

Find your way to lay your hands on the letter before you start talking...

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2022
KillSars:
Lagos state just dey wake up..
Thing wey dem suppose don do tey tey...

For fvck sake, Lagos state land mass is the smallest compare to all other state in Nigeria, and na dem still get the most population pas...
That space is already overcrowded, e go dey hard for the SG to drive some people comot coz dem don turn am to no man's land but they can come up with more strict policies to curb further influx, if not... that outside space wey dem still dey claim, people go put tent and mattress for there...
So the money generated will now go into the bank account of the owner of burdillon.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by rajiedreez: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2022
She didn't jump to conclusions, she dived to conclusions

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Oluwalifted: 7:19am On Aug 28, 2022
Sharrap! Did anyone force you to live-in Lagos?
ezechi242:
Its still same thing....why would you pay for parking cars in your own state, after paying rediculous amounts on taxes nd other useless levies.

They want to form civil society when we can not see any meaningful thing they use our taxes for ...spits

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Lol, if not that I don't want to post the letter here...

A letter was sent to me that I should pay when all my my cars are packed inside my compound, not even unto of the gutter....

Find your way to lay your hands on the letter before you start talking...

You can challenge that, but dont be surprised if they tow cars parked in front of your house

7 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ezechi242: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
you are the real olodo.

How do you think this developments came about? You think they fell from heaven?

Illiterate. grin

When a fool speaks it stinks all over like a horrible mouth odour.....l@gos state receives over 45billion naira monthly from igr alone for over 20 years now ....do you think if those monies were used accountably lagos would still be at the stage it is today?.... You dont just come out and type like a Kid playing with her daddies phone....what have they been using those monies for?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ezechi242: 7:21am On Aug 28, 2022
Oluwalifted:
Sharrap! Did anyone force you to live-in Lagos?

Mumu wey no get wheel barrow tire wan put mouth for discussion of car owners ode .hahah

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by mycar: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2022
those without fence and gutter will pay for parking in front of their house, that what Tinubu called expanding the tax system

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:

When a fool speaks it stinks all over like a horrible mouth odour.....l@gos state receives over 45billion naira monthly from igr alone for over 20 years now ....do you think if those monies were used accountably lagos would still be at the stage it is today?.... You dont just come out and type like a Kid playing with her daddies phone....what have they been using those monies for?
you are just making noise like a brain dead retard.

Again, how did developed countries develop their countries without tax?

Lagos is receiving 45 billion from igr, what do you think IGR means and where do you think IGR is coming from?

Also, which state is more developed than Lagos in the entire country or has more population of migrants to cater for?

Stupid mor0n.

15 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by sexuential: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02inNmSHSTenEokRoQbJ98bfCHkPSiGfghZpJbVtCUpHqrMqsnpGfHeziUpGEK1CBAl&id=735776012

This govt can only copy what would be in there favour. What of copying ways of reducing cost of governance, is that not international standard practice too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by baretalk: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2022
The thing is, they stated set back in the note clearly. Enemies of Lagos, Ipobians are too dumb.

6 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by biafranrealson: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2022
They are always quick to tell you of the international standard practice when they want to exploit the masses .
Why don't we have international practices in our electricity, education ,security, general price of goods, student loan , and infrastructure?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by wolebest: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.

So if you go to Silverbird Cinemas to enjoy yourself or shop, other road users should bear the brunt of your indiscriminate parking.

Why not tell Silverbird and others to provide adequate parking for you customers. Most of these business owners/ shopping malls will build up their parcel of land without considering provision for parking spaces.

Lagos is just waking up! Mind you the drains and the roads are government properties, thats why we don't do parties on the road again just like back in the days ( it gave birth to event centres).

So look on bright side where our roads will be free of gridlock caused by indiscriminate parking on the roads just like the tanker trailers do.

You can go into the business of parking cars of the road (I bet you this will create businesses and jobs like multi level parking facilities all around Lagos).

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:
Even though this will affect many people but it will reduce vehicles on the road, traffic will also reduce. Some people can just park anyhow and pricing gala.

Eko o ni baje

Did you say traffic will reduce? These ones are not the main card causing traffic Na. Na danfo dey cause traffic, but since LASTMA and Police collect change from them, they allow them do anyhow. They'll allow commercial buses park anyhow, but let "My car" just do mistake slow down, them go rush am like a clan of hyena

Well, let them start by towing all those danfos that park illegally at Ikeja along, Cement, Iyana-dopemu and Iyana-Ipaja busstops. These alone will cut your movement from Oshodi to Iyana-Ipaja to 20minutes

In all, it's a good development sha, Na small small them dey chop elephant... We can start from somewhere

4 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by rusher14: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2022
Jestin:
That is how Tinubu is going to tax Nigerians if we don’t vote wisely

Amen.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by rajiedreez: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2022
gonkin:
Park on road to receive call dem tax u, park beside your house, dem go tax u. Na to go park for petrol station, cuz thats the only safe place for now

Have you ever been taxed for parking to receive calls in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I don’t know the situation of the easement o this particular property but it seems odd that the government can levy parking fees on the space between the fence and the gutter if it belongs to the business.

They're basically telling businesses to fence ALL their compounds... What most businesses will do is just put a perimeter fencing there, even if it's just planting flowers, as long as it's their own (atleast to show ownership), others might just reconstruct their fences

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:38am On Aug 28, 2022
On a bright side, this will open up new businesses. Like, people can start building parking lots and charge people to park there

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Barbiturate(m): 7:42am On Aug 28, 2022
It is still not sorted. How can you be paying just to park in front of your house?! It is never done anywhere in the world. The fence outside to the gutter is still your space and front house, not the government.

This is nonsense. You're right ab initio. They are looking for campaign money. You shouldn't have apologised in anyway. This should be debated by lagosians

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Jestin: 7:42am On Aug 28, 2022
Difrent:

The same parking tax PO willingly paid while in London....Germany....and now Rome....but he will come back and LIE to you he will cancel all taxes so gullibles like you will come and write this type of nonsense.
You want good life but your poor self is advocating for the rich man not to pay taxes that will be used to improve your life. SMH
POOR Nigerians like you Better wake up and smell the coffee....these rich billionaires like Obi will deceive you and blind you from seeing reality.....they won't want you to tax their wealth like its done in other advanced countries thats why they hide it in tax heavens only to come back and tax your poor asses to stupor while you wail till eternity
Oga shut up. I reside here in London so I wanna ask, can u compare the standard of living in abroad to Nigeria? Vote for Tinubu and ur suffering will only get worse.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by maasoap(m): 7:44am On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:
j

All these thins are not rocket science ...how many peparking lots has the government built to ease traffic....you reason some kind things first before you type.

Trust me, if this is implemented, car owners and drivers will try to get suitable places to park their motors. Nigerians have bad habits of parking very close to where they want to stop even if it is a junction. They hate the idea of parking and trekking some distance after parking their cars. So, don't pretend like you are not aware of this terrible habit

5 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by awoo47: 7:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.
outside fence belongs to government

If they can enforce this rule, cars go scarce for lag because some useless landlord will build 6flat with no single parking space

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2022
Revolution2022:
So the money generated will now go into the bank account of the owner of burdillon.
No, it goes into ur bank account

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Barbiturate(m): 7:52am On Aug 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Festus Keyanmo Caution Those Calling For Violence / ‘Don’t Allow Your Morale Dwindle,’ Army Chief Urges Troops After Niger Ambush / EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.