Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes (29247 Views)

British Government Apologizes To Peter Obi Over Illegal Detention / Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks / Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
LGSG is looking for election money, very soon they will tax people for parking in their houses, infact they will introduce car tax, and garage tax like they do in UK.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Cognitivereason: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Honestly, I was speechless when a dispatch rider sent a similar letter to me....

I'm the facility of a company, got the stupid letter that we re to pay up to 2million naira within 7days of receiving letter...

Can you imagine, that rubbish, so parking inside your compound is now a crime in Lagos?

They are mad....

Before some people will say go back to your state, I'm a lagosian and my family are part of the people that lay the foundation of Lagos...

So I won't even pay any stupid fee..

Pack within your land.. anything exceeding your fence and gutter belongs to the government.the road in front of your company is not your property is not your property....

if it were to be abroad you will not complain before paying
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Jestin: 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
Difrent:

You are very stoopid.
I'm talking to those who can afford to drive a car in London not underground hawkers like you.

Does low standard of living exempt anyone from paying taxes? Does anyone go on a rant about paying parking fees in England and insinuate the London authorities are doing so to raise campaign funds for Boris Johnson?....your foolishness is enough reason for you to be deported.....English men detest fools like you.
ignorance and assumptions will kill you. For proper clarification, I am not an undergraduate and i am red passport holder. Taxes paid here is judiciously used and not looted. I was in Nigeria December and one thing I noticed is retrogression instead of progression in the country . Keep supporting an ancestor that is physically and mentally incapable to lead Nigeria. Ozuo
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by hush15: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02inNmSHSTenEokRoQbJ98bfCHkPSiGfghZpJbVtCUpHqrMqsnpGfHeziUpGEK1CBAl&id=735776012

Obviously, this woman is trying to avoid state government from being vindictive. When you say customers shouldn't park between the fence and the gutter which is suppose to be her extended parking space, how do you expect her to gain patronage. This law is anti-business na. If her mobile customers cannot park, how will they patronize her?
All these extortion IGR just to carry name say they generate trillions monthly is anti people. After paying so much for Land use and you telling me my customers have to pay to park else they cant park is just simply wickedness.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by orchard17: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Parking cars in residential areas in UK for example is not taxed. Prepayment meter for parking are put in some commercial areas, high street. Residents in some areas pay an annual fee to use to administer control parking zones to deter outsiders parking in the area. There are lots of areas where people do not pay to park outside their home.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Jostoman: 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
TroubleMaker47:
Money must complete grin
yes o campaign money most complete
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Jostoman: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
TroubleMaker47:
Money must complete grin
campaign money must complete
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Jostoman: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
Jennifer663:
Learn from your mistakes.
campaign money must complete
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by fredoooooo: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mrs Agbogu , pack your load and gi back to your state of Origin , Lagos will do what's good for Lagos

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Jostoman: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Where is the apology? undecided
them don threatened the woman, anyway campaign money must complete by fire by force
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by starz100: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2022
So someone cannot park by the road to price tomatoes again. Lagos nawah o.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ezechi242: 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
you are just making noise like a brain dead retard.

Again, how did developed countries develop their countries without tax?

Lagos is receiving 45 billion from igr, what do you think IGR means and where do you think IGR is coming from?

Also, which state is more developed than Lagos in the entire country or has more population of migrants to cater for?

Stupid mor0n.

YOUR BRAIN IS AS DEAD AS A 0% BATTERY OF NOKIA TOUCH.......IN WHAT WAY IS THE WORSE PLACE TO LEAVE IN OVER DEVELOPED....A KNOWN FOOL LIKE YOU ARE THE PEOPLE CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY ....IN WHAT WAY IS LAGOS STATE DEVELOPED....THEY ARE BUILDING TRAIN AND BUILDING BRIDGES HAHAHAHA......HOW MANY WORLD CLASS HOSPITALS DOES LAGOS HAS, WHERE IS LASU RANKED IN TOP UNIVERSITIES OF THE WORLD, HOW MANY WORLD CLASS INSTITUTIONS DOES LAGOS STATE HAS.

ALL THESE ARE WHAT THEY COUNT TO RATE A DEVELOPING NATION ...BUT NIGERIA DOESNT HAVE ONE AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING ABOUT LAGOS ...ABEG FLY MUMU...YOUR TYPE ARE THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY...ODE.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by wolebest: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=Freethinker87 post=116131975]

Even in the most advanced civilizations in the world, there are legal street parkings. How's the Op-ed photo attached obstructing traffic in any way?

Make una try travel comot for Nigeria sef make una eye open small. Village men. grin[/quote

This is not a busy street, there are nobody on the street. This is within an estate. I am very sure if it was a business district, no sane government or administration would let parking be done like this.

Oga, I have travelled out and they don't park their cars on the streets and go and watch movies like we do here. (Can you fantom going to ShopRite in Ikeja or VI and parking your car on the street adjacent on a work day?).

Business outfit such as Silverbird made judgemental error by not providing for parking space in the design of the VI galleria.

You may not remember, but years ago people in Lagos would put chairs and canopy on Lagos streets with reckless and block streets but the government had to ban such.

The number of people and vehicles on streets of Lagos keeps increasing everyday and it not going to stop. There is traffic bottlenecks everywhere. So let people park their cars within their compound so that we can get to our destinations on time devoid of traffic gridlocks.

Time na money!!! We don't need to be wasting man- hours and scarce resources in the traffic everyday of our lives.

Let the us be proactive futuristic in our thinking.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by NinjaXmetahuman: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:

[s]YOUR BRAIN IS AS DEAD AS A 0% BATTERY OF NOKIA TOUCH.......IN WHAT WAY IS THE WORSE PLACE TO LEAVE IN OVER DEVELOPED....A KNOWN FOOL LIKE YOU ARE THE PEOPLE CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY ....IN WHAT WAY IS LAGOS STATE DEVELOPED....THEY ARE BUILDING TRAIN AND BUILDING BRIDGES HAHAHAHA......HOW MANY WORLD CLASS HOSPITALS DOES LAGOS HAS, WHERE IS LASU RANKED IN TOP UNIVERSITIES OF THE WORLD, HOW MANY WORLD CLASS INSTITUTIONS DOES LAGOS STATE HAS.

ALL THESE ARE WHAT THEY COUNT TO RATE A DEVELOPING NATION ...BUT NIGERIA DOESNT HAVE ONE AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING ABOUT LAGOS ...ABEG FLY MUMU...YOUR TYPE ARE THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY...ODE[/s].
ramblings of a village idiot.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ufotunang: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nawaoooo..Pay to park car...Government Just know how to be collecting tax. .but to provide good roads, constant electricity, a condusive environment for bussinesses to strive and good goverance they cannot provide..but just to be taxing poor Nigerians anyhow
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by 2Radii: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Honestly, I was speechless when a dispatch rider sent a similar letter to me....

I'm the facility of a company, got the stupid letter that we re to pay up to 2million naira within 7days of receiving letter...

Can you imagine, that rubbish, so parking inside your compound is now a crime in Lagos?

They are mad....

Before some people will say go back to your state, I'm a lagosian and my family are part of the people that lay the foundation of Lagos...

So I won't even pay any stupid fee..
alaye lagosian... Parking outside ur perimeter fence, not inside ur compound..

Una no dey read??
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by wunmi590(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
2Radii:
alaye lagosian... Parking outside ur perimeter fence, not inside ur compound..

Una no dey read??

Nah you be olodo....

If I park outside my perimeter I wouldn't be here complaining, they just sent letters to people without going through the normal protocol of looking at the building plan....

My perimeter already has a gutter, which is after my perimeter.....

So I've no fucking business being served a letter...

What they should have done is to consult Lagos state building control to confirm if we pass our boundary or not..
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by 2Radii: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Nah you be olodo....

If I park outside my perimeter I wouldn't be here complaining, they just sent letters to people without going through the normal protocol of looking at the building plan....

My perimeter already has a gutter, which is after my perimeter.....

So I've no fucking business being served a letter...

What they should have done is to consult Lagos state building control to confirm if we pass our boundary or not..

Am sorry if this is the case then.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by KingGBsky(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
cocolacec:

Mumu this is what they do in America and Britain una wan Japa to to develop their country.Nigerians must get sense by force and stop living like Animals.

If I hear you call America when trying to talk about Lagos na cord go wipe ur neck. slowpoke.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by KingGBsky(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
Elddergod:

Outside your house is not your house..
It's a normal thing in developed society. You want Nigeria to look like Dubai yet you can't adhere to simple instructions..this is what they do to organize their cities and you don't see them complain.

IT IS DIFFICULT TO GOVERN THE BLACK MAN ��

And Lagos is a developed society.
You Nigerians have explanation for everything the government hit on you sha. No wonder they can wake up one morning, increase cooking gas, airline ticket, diesel and cost of living because they believe morons that they govern will not make noise but adjust to it.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by KingGBsky(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
bhella10:
They don't pay in Anambra. You can move there

And Lagos is a developed society.
You Nigerians have explanation for everything the government hit on you sha. No wonder they can wake up one morning, increase cooking gas, airline ticket, diesel and cost of living because they believe morons that they govern will not make noise but adjust to it.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Freethinker87: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
wolebest:

This is not a busy street, there are nobody on the street. This is within an estate. I am very sure if it was a business district, no sane government or administration would let parking be done like this.

Oga, I have travelled out and they don't park their cars on the streets and go and watch movies like we do here. (Can you fantom going to ShopRite in Ikeja or VI and parking your car on the street adjacent on a work day?).

Business outfit such as Silverbird made judgemental error by not providing for parking space in the design of the VI galleria.

You may not remember, but years ago people in Lagos would put chairs and canopy on Lagos streets with reckless and block streets but the government had to ban such.

The number of people and vehicles on streets of Lagos keeps increasing everyday and it not going to stop. There is traffic bottlenecks everywhere. So let people park their cars within their compound so that we can get to our destinations on time devoid of traffic gridlocks.

Time na money!!! We don't need to be wasting man- hours and scarce resources in the traffic everyday of our lives.

Let the us be proactive futuristic in our thinking.

Forget long epistle, I didn't even bother to read it. Attached is the picture of the car being taxed. Tell me how this vehicle obstructs traffic.

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by wunmi590(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
2Radii:
Am sorry if this is the case then.

cool
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by fuke(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by sweetgala(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
KingGBsky:
So you have to pay for parking outside your house in Lagos?
Toll gate money and taxes no reach shaky jagaban again. Lagos must pay for his election.
It’s sure Lagos State belongs to this man, the governor is just his puppet.

Outside "your house" is outside of your private property, anything beyond the guttering is public space and you can not park there unless it has been earmarked for that use.

Parking in public space is regulated globally, I've had my car clamped for parking within my friend's estate (within a gated area with many parking spaces) and failing to notify the parking management company. Nigerians speak of saner climes but want to enjoy the thrills of insanity.

In my current locality parking is 50c per hour and you best pay it or you'll blget clamper and that's 80-120Euro to have it removed
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by sweetgala(m): 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without inner parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.

Edit: There are legal street parking even in the most advanced civilizations in the world. How's the Op-ed photo obstructing traffic in any way?

Alpha Beta ko ni pa wa oo

Every single one of those cars in the image you've attached has a parking permit which you register for from the local authorities, some councils charge hefty sums for these parking permits renewed yearly.

If you've ever lived for an extended period in UK and owned a vehicle you'll know the stress and disagreements over on-street parking. There are neighbors who don't speak anymore because of small issues over parking.

So abeg don't bring your ignorance out in the daylight
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Cars don't even park infront, it's a mall so we have a parking space inside...

You are not expected to pay, but they will tow cars parked in front of your business premises
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Tycyborg(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without inner parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.

Edit: There are legal street parking even in the most advanced civilizations in the world. How's the Op-ed photo obstructing traffic in any way?

Alpha Beta ko ni pa wa oo

Illiteracy is your problem... First of all those places you showed paidbtax for that parking and that's why you see that those country always have a parking garage no matter how small their house is... Infact if you buy a car they will tax you monthly for the car depends on how big your car is this is even excluding insurances... Search on google yourself and there is something they call a meter each place you park you will pay into the meter which will be mornitor by police called the meter maid or maiden...
You just spew your ignorance everywhere... It's not a must to travel out before knowing things... Research first. Damn!
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Tycyborg(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
inoki247:
People don turn social media to where dey come to get people emotion now nd dey will neva tell the full story...

Instead of doing the right thing follow the law of the land dey will be playing the victim card and try to also play Politics with it....

If dey try diz in UK, US, the West and dey giv dem ticket dey will goan pay in peace without coming online to cry buh once it happens in Nigeria is a sin cos dey want the country to keep running a lawless Lifestyle....

Modify....

I remember back in the days we use to du party on the main road until the Govt start coming to pack people with dere Jollof cooler den nd people will bail dem sef we all stop that habit in Lagos at first we feel like the Govt is treating us badly buh at the end of the day na we later benefits from it....

Cause most of the road you're blocking are alternative route people can easily use in other to beat some holdup...

How can you be doing party nd be using the road and putting canopy everywhere which sane clime go allow that kain rubbish....

Nigerians want good things but they don't wanna practice it... I am sure that same lady if she go to even ghana she will pay without complaining but once she gets to nigeria she will turn something else.. complaining about the same thing she is paying for in other country and she will be the first to say ghana is better than Nigeria...
We are the problem of this country because we don't want anything to work but fast to shout "in a sane climes" look at how they are complaining on this thread
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by tripoli007(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mbbscentric:

Leave Lagos if you can't pay.

Na your papa get Lagos abi
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by ezechi242: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
ramblings of a village idiot.

You couldn't even reply against my realistic statements which show how ignorant and uncivilized you are....AMOEBA...ODE...OLODO. grin grin grin
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by nurudeen181(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:

LMAO Where did they bring you clowns from? Bedspace tax ke? cheesy cheesy There's no land tax in the UK if you hold a freehold property. What you pay is council tax for refuse disposal, street maintenance etc.

Trying to defend Tinubu is an almost impossible task. You can't defend Tinubu without looking or sounding stupid.
Atleast read this..https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedroom_tax

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Disqualifies Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' From Seeking Governorship Election / Buhari And Osinbajo At The Senior Executive Course Of NIPSS, Kuru / Twitter Ban: Buhari, Atiku, 98 Others To Lose 160m Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.