Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes (29249 Views)

British Government Apologizes To Peter Obi Over Illegal Detention / Lagos Residents To Pay CAR-PARKING Fees For Setbacks / Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Elliotwaveforec: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2022
This is one of the costs of owning a vehicle, if you can't cope, use the public transport.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by detectivejones: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2022
Nigerians have wahala, we complain too much. She'll travel out now and obey same law without saying phim.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Ogaga87(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Where is the apology? undecided

See her number 000000000000000000 call her make she send you copy... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Parachoko: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2022
seunmsg:
The Tinubu campaign should sue the lady for the defamatory post. Social media should not be used in this manner without consequences.
Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by phadriz(m): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2022
Difrent:

You are very stoopid.
I'm talking to those who can afford to drive a car in London not underground hawkers like you.

Does low standard of living exempt anyone from paying taxes? Does anyone go on a rant about paying parking fees in England and insinuate the London authorities are doing so to raise campaign funds for Boris Johnson?....your foolishness is enough reason for you to be deported.....English men detest fools like you.

Don't say what you don't know, you can buy a car from your one month pay in the UK, it's in Nigeria that is meant for rich people, a teenager on minimum wage drive a good car in the UK.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2022
wunmi590:

Honestly, I was speechless when a dispatch rider sent a similar letter to me....

I'm the facility of a company, got the stupid letter that we re to pay up to 2million naira within 7days of receiving letter...

Can you imagine, that rubbish, so parking inside your compound is now a crime in Lagos?

They are mad....

Before some people will say go back to your state, I'm a lagosian and my family are part of the people that lay the foundation of Lagos...

So I won't even pay any stupid fee..

You can post the letter received here.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by seunmsg(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2022
ezechi242:

When a fool speaks it stinks all over like a horrible mouth odour.....l@gos state receives over 45billion naira monthly from igr alone for over 20 years now ....do you think if those monies were used accountably lagos would still be at the stage it is today?.... You dont just come out and type like a Kid playing with her daddies phone....what have they been using those monies for?

Why do you guys lie so much like this? Them take lie swear for una ni?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by emerged01(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2022
princeryle1:
The only land belonging to you is the one inside your fence.
People should know that. Nigerians with emotion
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by nedu666: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2022
phadriz:

May be when you visit UK and you see how vehicles are parked you will come and delete this post. I don't know why people will just make example of what they know nothing about. Most vehicles are parked in the road in UK.

No need arguing with him. It's obvious he has neva been to uk

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by cocolacec(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2022
KingGBsky:
So you have to pay for parking outside your house in Lagos?
Toll gate money and taxes no reach shaky jagaban again. Lagos must pay for his election.
It’s sure Lagos State belongs to this man, the governor is just his puppet.

Mumu this is what they do in America and Britain una wan Japa to to develop their country.Nigerians must get sense by force and stop living like Animals.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by gonkin(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2022
rajiedreez:

Have you ever been taxed for parking to receive calls in Lagos.

Try parking at Allen avenue to receive a call, some punks will come knock on your car window calling themselves TASK FORCE.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by amaridigital(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2022
biafranrealson:
They are always quick to tell you of the international standard practice when they want to exploit the masses .
Why don't we have international practices in our electricity, education ,security, general price of goods, student loan , and infrastructure?

Will you be willing to pay the same amount those guys in the developed countries are paying for electricity, education, transportation etc? Find out the cost of taxi ride in New York and you will pee in your pants. Tuition fee per year in an average American university is about $7000 for the locals which is above #4.7m per year while our students at some federal Universities here are paying #10,000 per year. You want the best facilities but you are expecting God to help you pay for them.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by phadriz(m): 9:54am On Aug 28, 2022
inoki247:

isn't about quoting the country I know nothing about you're the one wey no understand what im saying or is beyond ur thinking capacity here...

always trying to play Politics with everything here normally every land must have a step back...

The Step Back na Govt property dey can choose to put sign board dere nd if dey feel like leasing it out for parking na Govt property...

Just because UK no get fence dere are perimeter you've access to park if u pass dat perimeter u will be fined talkless of a place where dem don du fence already still trying to make use of where don pass dere allocated land....

Am not here to argue or make any political score just need to correct you on generalizing things that parking on road or setback are taxed in the UK.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by phadriz(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2022
amaridigital:

Will you be willing to pay the same amount those guys in the developed countries are paying for electricity, education, transportation etc? Find out the cost of taxi ride in New York and you will pee in your pants. Tuition fee per year in an average American university is about $7000 for the locals which is above #4.7m per year while our students at some federal Universities here are paying #10,000 per year. You want the best facilities but you are expecting God to help you pay for them.

Point of correction, citizens don't pay the fees you quoted, most of them are on student finance. My electricity bill alone in Lagos is 60k despite blackout and I still have to buy fuel to power my house, in Manchester my gas and electric cost me £75 monthly without interruption of supply. Do the calculation yourself. Is Lagos not expensive than Manchester?

You guys will just be posting beer parlor gist online.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2022
phadriz:

May be when you visit UK and you see how vehicles are parked you will come and delete this post. I don't know why people will just make example of what they know nothing about. Most vehicles are parked in the road in UK.
Bros we know what we are saying, below statement was from my cousin, who's residing in UK presently.
" How expensive is to have a car in London?
Running a car in London is dear. You have to pay insurance, road tax, fuel, maintenance and plus the penalties-touched a bus lane, congestion charge zone and parking places during restricted hours.

For a small car, road tax is a bit cheaper but for a family car is dearer. It depends what car you would like to have.

Mine, I paid £25 per month for my road tax and my insurance is around £20 a month and I have not added yet some penalties I had.

How many times I got fine just for parking my car on Sunday in Westminster. I thought it was at weekend but it was not. I forgot to read a small sign lurking in the dark. You see how expensive is London for motorists. I paid £60 within 14 days. If you lapsed paying within 14 days, you will pay more than a hundred quid.

However, if you are not used of having a car, better not to have one in London because public transport is very efficient.

But for those who are used of having a car, it is very difficult to let car go. I feel like my car is my faithful friend"
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Sablexxxtoons: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2022
Which dirty law be that one ..did Lasg buy cement for me to pave my exterior..

its exactly what she said campaign fundraising.. when did this one start?

They should bring the law that stipulates this

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Lerumo: 10:10am On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.

Tinubu must be giving you nightmares �
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by phadriz(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:

Bros we know what we are saying, below statement was from my cousin, who's residing in UK presently.
Running a car in London is dear. You have to pay insurance, road tax, fuel, maintenance and plus the penalties-touched a bus lane, congestion charge zone and parking places during restricted hours.

For a small car, road tax is a bit cheaper but for a family car is dearer. It depends what car you would like to have.

Mine, I paid £25 per month for my road tax and my insurance is around £20 a month and I have not added yet some penalties I had.

How many times I got fine just for parking my car on Sunday in Westminster. I thought it was at weekend but it was not. I forgot to read a small sign lurking in the dark. You see how expensive is London for motorists. I paid £60 within 14 days. If you lapsed paying within 14 days, you will pay more than a hundred quid.

However, if you are not used of having a car, better not to have one in London because public transport is very efficient.

But for those who are used of having a car, it is very difficult to let car go. I feel like my car is my faithful friend"

You said £20 road tax, £20 insurance is too expwnsive? Can you please post how much you get paid per hour? Then compare with earnings and Tax in Lagos to know which state is more expensive. You committed traffic offence and you are fined, what do you expect? All what you mentioned are totally different from what Lagos govt did

2 Likes

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by EgunMogaji2: 10:23am On Aug 28, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

They're basically telling businesses to fence ALL their compounds... What most businesses will do is just put a perimeter fencing there, even if it's just planting flowers, as long as it's their own (atleast to show ownership), others might just reconstruct their fences

Lobatan.

Thanks.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Freethinker87: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2022
Lerumo:

Tinubu must be giving you nightmares �

awoo47:
outside fence belongs to government

If they can enforce this rule, cars go scarce for lag because some useless landlord will build 6flat with no single parking space

maasoap:

If that will reduce the indiscriminate parkings that contribute majorly to traffic congestions, I'm of the opinion that all state governments in Nigeria should adopt the method. Imagine people parking at junctions and narrow roads. Even when they notice that their action has caused holdups, they still wouldn't budge.

wolebest:

So if you go to Silverbird Cinemas to enjoy yourself or shop, other road users should bear the brunt of your indiscriminate parking.

Why not tell Silverbird and others to provide adequate parking for you customers. Most of these business owners/ shopping malls will build up their parcel of land without considering provision for parking spaces.

Lagos is just waking up! Mind you the drains and the roads are government properties, thats why we don't do parties on the road again just like back in the days ( it gave birth to event centres).

So look on bright side where our roads will be free of gridlock caused by indiscriminate parking on the roads just like the tanker trailers do.

You can go into the business of parking cars of the road (I bet you this will create businesses and jobs like multi level parking facilities all around Lagos).

Even in the most advanced civilizations in the world, there are legal street parkings. How's the Op-ed photo attached obstructing traffic in any way?

Make una try travel comot for Nigeria sef make una eye open small. Village men. grin

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by baretalk: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2022
quote author=biafranrealson post=116128409]They are always quick to tell you of the international standard practice when they want to exploit the masses .
Why don't we have international practices in our electricity, education ,security, general price of goods, student loan , and infrastructure?[/quote]
Seems you Ipobians are really ignorant, set back belongs to government, government have been leasing setbacks for companies to use as parking for ages, you idiots are so filled with hate you can't think straight. Set backs belongs to government not your papa, government decides what they do with it. Soludo announced that anyone pasting politicians banners for elections campaigns will pay millions, you idiots didn't complain. Focus on your Ipobian canibal infested Eastern states, take Lagos out your mouth. Stupid cannibals.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Freethinker87: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:

LOL village boy living somewhere in the slums of Osogbo said he lived in the UK and paid £20 for road tax and car insurance. FOH cheesy grin
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by DadaHammed: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2022
Tinubu and his puppet wake up of every morning to think of how to extort the common man to death both in a 'civil' manner with Gov Sanwo Olu and with his NURTW thugs headed by MC Oluomo.

Tinubu must never be allowed to rule this country or we are all dead. grin
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Belleful: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2022
Na Lagos mata go kill some people before their time. Anything Lagos they cry like babies.
Come to Udu local government in delta state, if u park at the front of ur house, store or by the Rd side to drop somebody, ur number plate is already at the task force office.

1 Like

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by a4cube: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2022
Mbbscentric:

Child of hate, let me take you to school.

Parking taxes are in most countries, before you open your mouth to ask again what she benefits, mention a state in Nigeria that is like Lagos.

Hate child.
Honestly you said nothing.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by a4cube: 11:06am On Aug 28, 2022
abuhusna1:

You pay tax to park on the road outside your compound not in your compound as obstainable everywhere in the world.
You are being truthful by half. You only pay to park in front of your house if you leave close to a city centre. This is to avoid people coming to park for a very long hour. In this case the residents get parking permit yearly which is renewable and the price is minimal as far as you provide evidence that you leave there. I park my car infront of my house and I don't pay shishi.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by nurudeen181(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
So what's the difference?

LASG has started taxing vehicles parked outside perimeter fence. This means that, vehicles parked outside silverbird cinimas, small stores or houses without inner parking lots will be taxed.

Welcome to Tinubu's Lagos. Alpha Beta expanding the tax net the Tinubu way.

Edit: There are legal street parking even in the most advanced civilizations in the world. How's the Op-ed photo obstructing traffic in any way?

Alpha Beta ko ni pa wa oo
Do you know that they pay for bedspace tax in the Uk, Do you know that when buy or build a house you'll be paying tax for the house on the land ?
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Freethinker87: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2022
nurudeen181:

Do you know that they pay for bedspace tax in the Uk, Do you know that when buy or build a house you'll be paying tax for the house on the land ?

LMAO Where did they bring you clowns from? Bedspace tax ke? cheesy cheesy There's no land tax in the UK if you hold a freehold property. What you pay is council tax for refuse disposal, street maintenance etc.

Trying to defend Tinubu is an almost impossible task. You can't defend Tinubu without looking or sounding stupid.
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by awoo47: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2022
Freethinker87:

Even in the most advanced civilizations in the world, there are legal street parkings. How's the Op-ed photo attached obstructing traffic in any way?

Make una try travel comot for Nigeria sef make una eye open small. Village men. grin
you know people actually even pay for driveway? The entrance leading to ur house na for govt but since no one can park dere you pay govt for it

I'm actually not in support of paying levy but indiscriminate parking is by far the largest contibutor to traffic in lagos
Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by 3DPhilly(m): 11:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Hi Nigerians, checkout this unique platform for Africans.

https://chatafrique.com/

Feel free to register and connect with fellow Africans.

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Freethinker87: 11:53am On Aug 28, 2022
awoo47:
you know people actually even pay for driveway? The entrance leading to ur house na for govt but since no one can park dere you pay govt for it

I'm actually not in support of paying levy but indiscriminate parking is by far the largest contibutor to traffic in lagos

The photo of the parked car being taxed by LASG is attached below. Please tell me how that is indiscriminate parking anywhere in the world.

Be careful, the evil you support today will not spare you tomorrow.

Alpha Beta also taxes small tech startups in Lagos, no where in the world does that happen. Tinubu's plan is to milk Lagosians to death.

Alpha Beta ko ni pa wa oo.

Re: LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2022
The point is, LGSG wants to tax parking of cars, even in private premises.
More taxes on helpless civilians means more money for govt.

The money from the taxes can be used by the present govt for anything including elections.

The lady was right, she is only apologizing because she was threatened!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID / Anybody Close To Me Knows That I Don't Like Money- Rotimi Amaechi / Rochas Okorocha Sings With Keke Napep Riders In Imo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.