Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) (67879 Views)

Why Do Married Men Lie That They Are Single Just To Be Sleeping With Ladies / Dating: Why Do Teens Lie About Their Age So As Not To Be Seen As A Minor? / Why Poor Men Lie To Get Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Cutehector(m): 6:40am On Sep 26, 2022
Anonymoususher:
See ehh, I have the most wonderful and understanding partner in the world who doesn't ask for anything but I still do not tell her my exact earning and reason being that as a man you got to prepare for unforeseen events.

If I earn 500k, she only knows of 300k there are some projects or circumstances that will come up and that excess will be needed to solve it.

Recently I had issues with accommodation. I just finished a project she is aware of and accommodation problem came up, I needed to pack out as soon as possible.

I had no money, she was aware of the lack of money but we miraculously moved out. She was surprised, where did you get money from. I told her I was doing Ajo, she was like and I didn't know about it at least carry me along. I said I carry you along but sometimes as the man of the house, bulk of the responsibilities are on me so I need to be some steps ahead of you financially, mentally and spiritually.

My woman is also working and till today I don't know how much she earns, what she uses her salary for even when they pay her. My concern is that work condition is favorable for her.

That's how it works
u had no money and she was aware and couldnt help you out?

I wonder what you all marry these days.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by iamyungkhalifa(m): 6:41am On Sep 26, 2022
I hav bin followin this topic for the past one week and now i will contribute my own. the issue to be address here is d real parentin of d female child . Most nigeria parents especially the women train up their child to see marriage or relationship as a mean of comfort and enjoyment. U wil c em tellin their female child that u must marry some1 wealthy. Wit d normal statement: i cant suffer as a mother and u my daugta suffer. Whereas the girl wil grows up wit d mentality dat everytin in relationship should be on the man . Imagine Islandlady twarting rubbish on dis topic for d past one week. Nigeria women believes that no money in yur pocket as a man(usband or boyfriend) yu ar of no value. Whereas dey dont knw they knw ar makin emselve valueless. if you pay d schlfee wen ya usband is broke and later colect it frm him . Wil it make him loves u more or start hating u.just dont raise your child d way u are raised. Becoz the next genrations of guys comin are brutal.to address dis issue 1 as 2 go bak 2 d parenting

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by tunize(m): 6:42am On Sep 26, 2022
I can't tell a woman about my salary nor run a joint with any wife, fiancee or girlfriend which ever category I work for my money if I decide not to tell no big deal

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by shantti(m): 6:45am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Whatever, as a woman I am entitled to have my personal money for upkeep and also to take care of my parents n siblings!

They will definitely be my kids but I need my personal money to take care of myself too! So that is why I will lend their father the money and collect it back! Simple

What if the man uses his own money to take care of his self, parents, siblings and kids while u take care of your self, I hope it's okay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Yalwayzme: 6:45am On Sep 26, 2022
He told you 200k so you can make all plan around that money, maybe the other 50k might be for transportation and lunch for month

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Born2Breed(f): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Actually most people are guilty of lying to their Lovers and partners about the actual amount they earn from their salary.

I believe most partners especially the Men have a reason for doing it, I think this can cause disunity and lack of trust if the other partner finds out about the actual amount you earn! What are the reasons behind this lie?

I came across the screenshot below from my IG story while scrolling about this lady asking for advice on this issue!
Experienced Nairalanders should share reason for this secret abeg!

You are lucky, some will tell you it's half.
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by shantti(m): 6:49am On Sep 26, 2022
The only lady who I will tell how much I earn hasn't been born, that girl is my last daughter and I will only tell her when she has grown.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Moikiitos: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2022
It's never a good idea telling your woman or any, how much you earn. A paycheck is supposed to be personal and private. If the man decides to disclose it that is his decision. What's important is to know the day to day running expenses of the home. After all being together is a contractual agreement...Both parties are supposed to contribute and support the home finances together depending on the agreement.

Islandlady:
Actually most people are guilty of lying to their Lovers and partners about the actual amount they earn from their salary.

I believe most partners especially the Men have a reason for doing it, I think this can cause disunity and lack of trust if the other partner finds out about the actual amount you earn! What are the reasons behind this lie?

I came across the screenshot below from my IG story while scrolling about this lady asking for advice on this issue!
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by DHaran: 6:53am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Oh no that is actually unfair, Nah I can't have the money and watch my kid stay at home because of school fees, I will pay and collect the money from the father later on.
Why collecting the money later is your son not your responsibilty too
dont be selfish, pls pay bills too.
what do u ladies really offer in marriage sef

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by ACCURETE(m): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:

if not that you don't trust your partner what makes you to now when to search the amount he is earn when he told you that is 200k he is earn every month.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by shantti(m): 6:55am On Sep 26, 2022
qtguru:
My experience with women has taught me never to let women know your full money, your mom, sis or babe will always feel entitled to their male's money, Son, brother or husband.

undecided

My mom feeling entitled to my money is okay, every other person should go to hell

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by blingxx(m): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2022
shantti:
The only lady who I will tell how much I earn hasn't been born, that girl is my last daughter and I will only tell her when she has grown.

Only my mom knows how much I really earn Sha , she's the only woman in my life I trust 100%

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by sunnyp20(m): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2022
Till date my babe thinks I earn 120k. My basic is actually 510k. I no dey tell woman my correct salary o. Never

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by blingxx(m): 6:57am On Sep 26, 2022
shantti:

My mom feeling entitled to my money is okay, every other person should go to hell

Answer , aside from momcy who that gender epp ?
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by akins33: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2022
Never tell a woman how much u earn she will use it against u somehow,and it can never be in the positive.its better she cheats on u.

There was a story here,the wife was secretly building a house for her family,bought her brother a car for Uber, was earning close to 6 figures…Yet would demand money for sanitary from her hubby.

Nigerian women were not born to love.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by ukaface(f): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2022
The man try sef
If Na me I go tell am 150k

I don't tell my exact income to peeps
And dear future husband I don't think I would tell you, if you no come trust me afterwards, Na your problem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by fairwilliams: 7:00am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:

Did ur m0m knw abt ur dad actual salaries and annual payr0ll? If negative, then ask him his m0nthly stipend
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by ekwerendi(m): 7:02am On Sep 26, 2022
Ignatiusprince:
Never a good idea to let Ur woman know how much u earn.....

You're very right brother.....
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Ewroghene1(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2022
But watin really concerns the woman
Na the amount them da pay am go make her be good wife to the man
Men too need some privacy and secrets
Because most women who want to know everything has alot of secrets no one knows.
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by MSesan: 7:04am On Sep 26, 2022
Be thanking God he didn't say 100k, it's in women nature because immediately they know the actual income so their expenses increases.

Women and spending are like 5&6!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by everythinggirly(f): 7:05am On Sep 26, 2022
He even told you it's 200k instead of 250k he tried abeg.
A close friend of mine told his girlfriend that he's earning 45k only to find out that he's earning 120k.
If you trust your woman enough you can go ahead and tell her the amount you're earning, I don't see any harm in that, what if something happens, maybe accident or death? Some don't even disclose how many bank accounts they have to their wives. After all, you're the man of the house, if she demands for something that is irrelevant tell her no.

Contact me for your academic research writing services.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Goldamaka: 7:06am On Sep 26, 2022
It's the man's privacy and you don't need to invade into it........
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Pablozyx(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2022
Most guys do that cus the f gender are kinda manipulative and inconsiderate..
When they knw ur full salary, in their mind, they calculate and divide it already without you know. A friend of mine recently got a well paying i.t job about 2 months ago, till date he has not told his girlfriend the good news ever since cus he knows how the girl behaves, mind u he has no job for almost 3yrs after graduating but he hustles legitimately, and hardworking...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by SPAMBOX7: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:

Useless b!itch why u no tell us say na your status updates for Facebook. You here disguising.
Na una type dey worship men offline but online be forming one useless kind of woke. Werey cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Ewroghene1(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2022
Yalwayzme:
He told you 200k so you can make all plan around that money, maybe the other 50k might be for transportation and lunch for month
True, you be real hustler
U burst my bubbles

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:11am On Sep 26, 2022
Mumu girl, she should quit, ladies and money.
Islandlady:

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by ApostlePaul14: 7:15am On Sep 26, 2022
No blame us o, my own na both of us dey lie about our salary; we dey push am dey go like that.
If my wife open up I will, since she decided to lie from the beginning about her salary I decided to lie too. I asked her 1st because I wanted to tell her how much I get every month but she lied about hers. I know her salary as a sharp warri man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Prinnce1: 7:15am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Whatever, as a woman I am entitled to have my personal money for upkeep and also to take care of my parents n siblings!

They will definitely be my kids but I need my personal money to take care of myself too! So that is why I will lend their father the money and collect it back! Simple
oh my sweet mother God will always bless you for me, if you were to be like this lady am very sure I wouldn't have reached the level I am today. We need to scrutinize the "thing" we want to marry into our homes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Rechargeam247(f): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2022
Ignatiusprince:
Never a good idea to let Ur woman know how much u earn.....
It is, atleast when you are spending on side chicks and inanities, she will know.
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2022
It depends on the personality of the lady and circumstances.
It's good to open to each other and plan together.
Islandlady:

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Teymanhenry(f): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2022
I believe it is unwise to tell you woman your actual salary. Know this and find peace. A woman is always a woman. Do not allow love to stop your brain from being functional

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Ewroghene1(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2022
shantti:

I do not agree
Don't let my mum hear that.....she go bill you scarra
Not like she's a bad mum to me
But my mum's weakness is money,no let her feel entitled
She go humble you with massive billing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Registrar Refuses To Wed Groom With Dreadlocks At Ikoyi Registry / Man Who Makes A Fortune Selling Crayfish In Abuja Recently Got Married(Photos) / Lady Beats Up Her Husband And His Side Chick After Catching Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.