Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% (28961 Views)

ASUU Rejects Curriculum Designed By NUC / FG Committee Recommends ₦ 2 Millions Monthly Pay For Professors / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by gr8child(m): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
Lol. Don't we all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Cromagnon: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Make ASUU still get sympathy na
23.5 percent for all cadre

While 35 percent for professors

He dey okay na

Atleast make them use this one start make students for nor go dey reason many many things....
Our baby girls now na so so tinder full thier phone
My aunty that day call me say make I teach her pikin way dey level 300 for geo physics work...I Stylishly refuse...I tell her say once that he pikin begin collect small money then na there school for end
who school epp

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by opera1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2022
If you like, give ASUU 150% salary increment, they will still go on strike.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Enkidu70: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by tishbite42: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2022
Jestin:
Nigeria with too much wahala.
Brotherly

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Creamz(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
I believe a 35% increment in Salary is good enough. The University lecturers shouldn't hold the government hostage because they are lecturers. I will strongly suggest government should pay them the backlog and give them that 35%

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Roger3D(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
xandy84:
I do understand ASUU position but nowhere you get %100 increase. Inflation will wipe out the economy. I believe ASUU can be reasonable and make their demands incremental over 3 years to allow the economy absorb the shocks of excess cash flow without correspondence increase in production cos government giving in to their demand will kill off 9ja economy that is already on life support.

There will be no inflationary impact on the economy owing to their relatively few members. It's not as if there's even up to 100,000 of them
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by alphaRego01(m): 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2022
Las las na 50% una go end na.we know
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by shortIGBOman: 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
shegun4sur:

What is the work of the legislators earning 35 million naira monthly pls??

Them stop you or any Lecturer from becoming a Legistlator?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by rusher14: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
Bobimaj:
When you read the comments from most graduate here, you will know they don't understand the post.
Assu should continue to fight for a bright education for our kids not the ones typing thrash on this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by rusher14: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Roger3D:
There will be no inflationary impact on the economy owing to their relatively few members. It's not as if there's even up to 100,000 of them

And doctors go dey look them abi?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by xandy84: 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
There will be inflationary impact and also trickle down effects. The rest sector ain't stupid. NLC, TUC ain't stupid. If ASUU get all their demands, then that is an incentive for the rest to go on strike and cripple the economy. I sympathize with ASUU demands but nowhere in the world you get %100 percent pay raise.

Roger3D:

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Jamesrock(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
Well deserved
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by blackboy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
No work no pay is the secret conflict. ASUU might have been more sensetive but upon the little salary they are earning FG stopped it caus of strike and approach them with smiles to negotiate and call off strike. FG is strangling them and also smiling with them. FG is playing them... lies. They wont get shi shi. No be Buhari government? None of their family members are lecturers reason for all this lies and approach.
Police salary increament have FG started paying?
Give them UTAS and see as ASUU will call off strike. FG is offering them the lies they gave Nigerians in 2015..
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by rusher14: 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
Creamz:
I believe a 35% increment in Salary is good enough. The University lecturers shouldn't hold the government hostage because they are lecturers. I will strongly suggest government should pay them the backlog and give them that 35%

I don't think they deserve the backlog.

That should be their sacrifice.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by shortIGBOman: 7:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
Bobimaj:
When you read the comments from most graduate here, you will know they don't understand the post.
Assu should continue to fight for a bright education for our kids not the ones typing thrash on this thread

This one na IPOB member and a Peter Obi's supporter.

Fvck ASUU.
We are solidly behind FG. Operation NO WORK NO PAY for ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by GeorgeNora: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Senselessness, no country or organisation will succumb to the 100% demands of institutions at once, it is not done anywhere, they should better agree to documented installments within a certain period of time and move on, students are the most affected in this strike.
foolish, dumb and confused woman.
why are you Always speaking with both sides of the mouth?
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by VALENTINE2690: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
Roger3D:
I support ASSU 100 %. Why should a professor with over 20 years teaching and research experience earn less than 12 million per annum? If the government refuses to pay then let the universities remain shut for the foreseeable future

A professor should resign if he's not comfortable with what he earns

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
GeorgeNora:
My mother is a foolish, dumb and confused woman.
She is Always speaking with both sides of the mouth?

Fixed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by GeorgeNora: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
ASUU should shift grounds please
This strike don too much na
Which kind government is this
fool spotted
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by GeorgeNora: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2022
Roger3D:
I support ASSU 100 %. Why should a professor with over 20 years teaching and research experience earn less than 12 million per annum? If the government refuses to pay then let the universities remain shut for the foreseeable future
foolish idiot spotted
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Roger3D(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2022
VALENTINE2690:

A professor should resign if he's not comfortable with what he earns
And a student should teach himself and issue himself a degree or stay at home

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by GeorgeNora: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Fixed.
when them clone your account again you go begin dey depressed dey call mods up and down.
no worry I'll get your time soon
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by GeorgeNora: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
Buddha3:
Classic definition of "we die here".

ASUU has the unwavering support of well meaning Nigerians. This educational rot has to be addressed once and for all. And this irresponsible government is very well known for lies and deceit. This particular bone don hang them for neck.
Born thruway bastard
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
ASUU should be scrap
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Roger3D(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
GeorgeNora:
foolish idiot spotted
You go tey for house
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by GeorgeNora: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ajay7411:

Shut up
you're the one that should rather keep shut
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2022
GeorgeNora:
Born thruway bastard

Your dad!
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by zionstaar75: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2022
Buddha3:
Classic definition of "we die here".

ASUU has the unwavering support of well meaning Nigerians. This educational rot has to be addressed once and for all. And this irresponsible government is very well known for lies and deceit. This particular bone don hang them for neck.
people fighting for salary ?educational rot ko?in the coming weeks more of their ranks will be broken. This might signal the end of the union,Mark my words?100% increasena bet?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by gracealonev: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Senselessness, no country or organisation will succumb to the 100% demands of institutions at once, it is not done anywhere, they should better agree to documented installments within a certain period of time and move on, students are the most affected in this strike.

After Buhari made the Naira lose it value by more than 250%. Political office holders don't have to protest or go on strike, they know how to settle themselves.
Re: ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% by Don27tiky(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2022
Roger3D:
why are the university lecturers producing halve baked graduates after the students pay for them to teach but only attend to students only one week to exam?
ASUU don’t even deserve the salary they get not to talk of increase
ASUU is the reason Nigeria is this backwards economically. If graduates are not productive it means those grooming them have failed woefully. I will reason with them when they(ASUU) start producing graduates that can solve our problems

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robbers Invade TASUED Hostels, Rape 4 Students / I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. / SS3 Student Stabs Colleague To Death In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.