Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48410 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2022
frankson1:

The one thing Pentecostal churches are not doing is, bow and speak to IDOLS, pray to their hand-made moulded god as Catholics do.

CATHOLICS ARE IDOL WORSHPPERS!!!

Catholics bow to jesus. The pentecostal I went to bowed to their pastor and standing up when he passes their front. Lol

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2022
EmmaxKeys:
Interesting thread. grin

Unfortunately, all the people in this thread refer to themselves as Christians, yet see the way they curse one another.

TunjiBalogun, I know you will call me demented, unintelligent and mischievous like you have been doing to the rest, but you are delusional!

These things you posted are Biblical practices, not Catholic practices. So Pentecostals are not copying Catholics.

Conversely, would it not even be great to see unity and synchronisation between two denominations? Where Pentecostals see something they like in Catholic and copy it, and vice versa, instead of this satanic competition.

You're the satan abi? This guy sef shocked
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2022
bigcasava1:
Thank God you said their G/o pix and they were not worshipping it just like some churches worship fake Jesus and Mary portraits. If you ur foundation had allowed u to know bible you will understand that anointing oil has been effective in both old and contemporary pentecostal church.
They were literally worshiping it, whenever the man passed in their front they stood up Nd bowed like their were bowing to some tiny gods. We were connected to their headquarters in Abuja and I saw it life

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 11:29am On Sep 12, 2022
Obiorahpcfg:
God bless you my dear! We die as Catholics. It's only a fool that will be deceived. They celebrate their dead mother's post numinous birthdays and yet they tell me not to talk about mother Mary shuuum. My dear, just check out zion prayer outreach and follow the page on Facebook or YouTube so dt u see wonders happening in the Catholic church. Pastors and people that left the church are coming back sef.
Thanks man, one love cool

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 11:30am On Sep 12, 2022
HRMK:
ITS NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES THE PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES ARE EMULATING BUT THE OLDER AFRICAN CHURCHES LIKE ANGLICAN,BAPTIST AND THE REST!
That complicates it for you because those other churches you mentioned broke away from the Catholic church lol grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2022
Blaqputin:

I don't have nothing against Catholics, but Your history is a very terrible one filled with blood and alot of borderline witchcraftcy , sprinkled with idolatry and homosexuality,repent or ye shall all likewise perish.....if u mention me with nonsense comment, u go collect
You write like a demented fellow, no offence. How did you came to be as an individual? Was it not through your great grandfathers who obviously were pegans. Did your church fall from heaven? Was it not from the older church?

If you still don't understand then you're daft bro grin cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Shugargal(f): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
MasterJayJay:

You mean the Bible hates Mary? Or Jesus hates Mary?

One verse in the Bible where Jesus taught us about prayers and he said we should pray to Mary? Just one verse.
You that's typing is an example of hate to the mother of Christ. Catholics honor Mary because she's the mother of Jesus. Respect her at least and stop the idol worship you talking. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Nobi me write am. Go find where e dey for Bible. Mind you, am not religious, I just do the right thing. Good afternoon.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Panda7(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
anyone that has the approval of God is still a good one long as it draws people closer to God
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
Shugargal:

You that's typing is an example of hate to the mother of Christ. Catholics honor Mary because she's the mother of Jesus. Respect her at least and stop the idol worship you talking. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Nobi me write am. Go find where e dey for Bible. Mind you, am not religious, I just do the right thing. Good afternoon.
So you are not blessed? Another typical of quoting Bible verses carelessly out of context.

Learn from below statements!!

As Jesus then started to preach to the crowd, a woman.called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you!” (Luke 11:27 ).

Jesus replied to her, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it” (Luke 11:28 ).

Do you notice the statement that came out from the mouth of Jesus Christ and the one that came out from a woman like you?

If you can't spot the difference, then forget it.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by frankson1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Catholics bow to jesus. The pentecostal I went to bowed to their pastor and standing up when he passes their front. Lol

I understand the type of "jesus" you bow to.

And then, you kneel and pray to a dead mortal, sculpture Mary to mediate on your behalf when there's ONLY ONE MEDIATOR between the Father and the Son. undecided
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Achilles881: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

1. The reason why the Catholic Church has several service sections is because of her large population. Hence as the population of a Pentecostal church increases, they also have no choice than to hold several sections to accommodate their members.
2. There was no camera during the days of Jesus. Also Jesus was not a King or VIP during his time. Hence no one preserved his statue.
There is no evidence that the images in Catholic churches are really those of Jesus and Mary. Some of the images does not even look alike.
Moreover, Jesus Christ said that those who worship God should do so in spirit and truth. Hence we do not need images of Jesus, Mary or a Pastor in a church. We only need the presence of the Holy Spirit.
3. I agree with you that many Pentecostal churches have different view of the usage of oil and the taking of Holy Communion .
I think they can learn one or two things from the Catholic Church in this regard.

I'm Catholic, and I think you are right, most Catholic don't even know that they are not supposed to pray to those images/ pictures
Whether the pictures were real or not, decorative or not
Same with Pentecostal churches, hanging the pictures of general overseer and their spouses in the church or house, just like in Catholics, it started as decorative adornment, then members will altimately start idolizing such images/ pictures.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Emperordynasty: 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

See this unintelligent, low IQ demented fellow. Who told you I didn't listen. I benefitted from the word of God that was preached
YOu benefited from the word of God as you said and you are happily hauling abuses at a fellow Christian

Continue enjoying your Religious practices and Rituals ..religion is never the same as Spirituality
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Blaqputin(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

You write like a demented fellow, no offence. How did you came to be as an individual? Was it not through your great grandfathers who obviously were pegans. Did your church fall from heaven? Was it not from the older church?

If you still don't understand then you're daft bro grin cheesy
Idol worshipping is a sin, u can call me whatsoever u feel like
I no send u and ur papa, & learn to spell properly.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by damoobaba: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Werey, na winner you go.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by damoobaba: 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
Pwettylinda:
I call them business centers
Any church owned by one person as the General oversea is a business organization
Go start your own church make you see how E be. If dem no fire you arrow within one month, e mean say your jazz strong well. You think say na vocabulary Dem dey take start church? How many people you think say start Catholic Church?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Pwettylinda(f): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
damoobaba:

Go start your own church make you see how E be. If dem no fire you arrow within one month, e mean say your jazz strong well. You think say na vocabulary Dem dey take start church? How many people you think say start Catholic Church?

So you mean the self acclaimed pastors are jass men??
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
damoobaba:

Werey, na winner you go.
Do I look like your mom who's the werey hmm
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
Blaqputin:

Idol worshipping is a sin, u can call me whatsoever u feel like
I no send u and ur papa, & learn to spell properly.
Do I look like your prostitute pagan prostitute mother. This guy sef cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Henon: 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2022
Money post. So mumuish!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Blaqputin(m): 12:36am On Sep 13, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Do I look like your prostitute pagan prostitute mother. This guy sef cheesy
You will always hate the truth and turn to cussing when truth is thrown at you, read about the history of ur shrine church and change your ways, this here is a timely intervention to save ur damned soul and that of ur useless smelling mother and ur gay father.......
Exodus 20:4
“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Learn and be void of foolishness,
Him that have an ear let him hear what the spirit says to the churches....
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 6:46am On Sep 13, 2022
Blaqputin:

You will always hate the truth and turn to cussing when truth is thrown at you, read about the history of ur shrine church and change your ways, this here is a timely intervention to save ur damned soul and that of ur useless smelling mother and ur gay father.......
Exodus 20:4
“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Learn and be void of foolishness,
Him that have an ear let him hear what the spirit says to the churches....
I didn't read the gibberish from nonentity born from a public hole lol grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by HRMK: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

That complicates it for you because those other churches you mentioned broke away from the Catholic church lol grin grin
YOU ARE REWRITING HISTORY WITH DISTORTIONS!CATHOLIC CHURCH DIDNT COME FIRST TO NIGERIA!BRITAIN COLONISED NIGERIA!NOT ROME!!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:08am On Sep 13, 2022
HRMK:
YOU ARE REWRITING HISTORY WITH DISTORTIONS!CATHOLIC CHURCH DIDNT COME FIRST TO NIGERIA!BRITAIN COLONISED NIGERIA!NOT ROME!!
Catholic church's first pope was Peter himself, the very disciple of Jesus and the only church from which rebels broke lose from cheesy grin cool

That's why you're called protestants, you can only protest cheesy cheesy wink
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by HRMK: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Catholic church's first pope was Peter himself, the very disciple of Jesus and the only church from which rebels broke lose from cheesy grin cool

That's why you're called protestants, you can only protest cheesy cheesy wink
USUAL FALLACY PASSED FROM GENERATIONS TO GENERATIONS!PETER WAS KILLED!WAS HE KILLED BY SAME PEOPLE THAT MADE HIM THEIR POPE!IS THE POPE SUPERIOR TO CHURCH OF ENGLAND?DISTORTIONS PER EXCELLENCE!!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2022
HRMK:
USUAL FALLACY PASSED FROM GENERATIONS TO GENERATIONS!PETER WAS KILLED!WAS HE KILLED BY SAME PEOPLE THAT MADE HIM THEIR POPE!IS THE POPE SUPERIOR TO CHURCH OF ENGLAND?DISTORTIONS PER EXCELLENCE!!
Church of England is a minor rebel that fell off from the Catholic church and rightly now inconsequential because even Nigerian Anglican has pulled out from the gay loving church. Please don't mention that gay Church again lol cheesy grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by HRMK: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Church of England is a minor rebel that fell off from the Catholic church and rightly now inconsequential because even Nigerian Anglican has pulled out from the gay loving church. Please don't mention that gay Church again lol cheesy grin
AND ANGLICAN IS THE ONLY CHURCH IN NIGERIA!CATHOLICS WORSHIP DEITIES!NOT DFFT FROM IDOL WORSHIPERS!!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JayB11(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2022
Stanleyq:
i am sorry that he does nt

In all honesty it is just evident.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2022
HRMK:
AND ANGLICAN IS THE ONLY CHURCH IN NIGERIA!CATHOLICS WORSHIP DEITIES!NOT DFFT FROM IDOL WORSHIPERS!!
Catholics worship Jesus whereas pentecostals worship their pastors and anal hole of their fellow man. Very disgusting cheesy grin angry grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Okpetruth(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Catholic did not put in place anything other than the Bible teaches. The Bible taught us about ordination of church leaders such as bishop, pastor, evangelist and so forth. APOSTLE
PAUL ORDAINED BISHOPS Anointing oil is from the old testament read your Bible very well before coming to the public to air your Ignorance. Pentecostalism is mainly about not bowing to images, not having the image of Mary and son in church or preaching what the Bible didn't ask. READ YOUR BIBLE YOURSELF! because Catholics are not verse with the Bible. They believe in printed bulletin made by man and doctrines concocted by pope.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Okpetruth(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Catholics worship Jesus whereas pentecostals worship their pastors and anal hole of their fellow man. Very disgusting cheesy grin angry grin
Catholic worship Mary image and uses Muslim rosary. This is not biblical. It's a worship allowed and taught by Rome.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by damoobaba: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Do I look like your mom who's the werey hmm
Back to sender, why you no simply talk d church wey you go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others. / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.