Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48419 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by btoks: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Are you and the guy I responded to part of those who in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"? Are we in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"? Was my statement directed at "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

How did you arrive at the following conclusions? :

"And I stated that most people couldn't read anyway up until recently. So your assertion holds no water. What people have always had is church guidance as Jesus clearly set up."

When is "recently"? Kindly give a specific date.

The place you are "interpreting" or better still "misinterpreting ", can you pls quote the scripture for me?
You obviously don't get the point I'm making. You made an assertion without thinking of the implication. you stated thay catholics don't read the bible so don't understand what Christianity is all about. how do you think those who couldn't read for centuries understood what Christianity was all about?!
In any case catholics do read the bible.
You need to check the data for global illiteracy rates over the centuries, a majority still couldn't read 300 years ago.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Originalsly: 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:

First read his post before engaging me with your own version of stupidity . In case you missed his point, look at the screenshot I sent .

"It seems to me like the essence of Pentecostalism has been defeated."

Is this the same as saying all Pentecostal churches are like that ? ...( the one he attended?)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by stormborn28(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

I have always maintained that it is far easier to convert a radical violent Islamic terrorist to Christ than an instutionalized Catholic sheep.

You are stuck to catholic church same way a Cele member is to their Afro spiritual doctrine because your entire life has been one of ritual severance to the institution known as Catholicism.

Your religion is materialism just like Judaism and as such even the truth can not reach you.

So you and only you have the licence and access to heaven right? Self righteousness . bloated self serving god.. He sees himself and his fellow church members as the only people accessible to God..remain in your illusion

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
Originalsly:

"It seems to me like the essence of Pentecostalism has been defeated."

Is this the same as saying all Pentecostal churches are like that ? ...( the one he attended?)
You are just an illiterate with a phone . See the quote Pentecostalism , that is a f**king generalization . And if you cannot comprehend that, then stay the hell off my mentions with your stupidity

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by frankson1(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

The one thing Pentecostal churches are not doing is, bow and speak to IDOLS, pray to their hand-made moulded god as Catholics do.

CATHOLICS ARE IDOL WORSHPPERS!!!

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
frankson1:

The one thing Pentecostal churches are not doing is, bow and speak to IDOLS, pray to their hand-made moulded god as Catholics do.

CATHOLICS ARE IDOL WORSHPPERS!!!

I swear . There is absolutely no difference between a catholic and an Ifa priest

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by EmmaxKeys: 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Interesting thread. grin

Unfortunately, all the people in this thread refer to themselves as Christians, yet see the way they curse one another.

TunjiBalogun, I know you will call me demented, unintelligent and mischievous like you have been doing to the rest, but you are delusional!

These things you posted are Biblical practices, not Catholic practices. So Pentecostals are not copying Catholics.

Conversely, would it not even be great to see unity and synchronisation between two denominations? Where Pentecostals see something they like in Catholic and copy it, and vice versa, instead of this satanic competition.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by EmmaxKeys: 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
so when a living Christian dies what becomes of him

Good question.

A Christian, whether dead or alive, is called a Saint (child of God). But there's another name for a dead Saint: the cloud of witnesses. The cloud of witnesses are saints that cheer us up to push harder and not fall in our walk with God. Also, they assist in intercession. Although, their duty is not to intercede. Apostle Paul, David, Mary, Peter and another heroes of faith belong here, including Joseph Babalola, Benson Idahosa, Reinhard Bonnke etc.

The role Catholics have given to Mary is the role that belongs to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has the office of the intercessor. Too much honour that should have been channeled to God (through the Holy Spirit and Jesus) is what you have given to Mary and that is idol worship.

Of course, Mary should be respected, but she has no business with what God is doing now. She has fulfilled her duty while on earth. The Holy Spirit has descended, Jesus has ascended, so leave her out. Mary is just human like you and me. Like Paul, she can't do the job of the Holy Spirit.

Simple. Do not be deceived.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Joezik(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Rest ...u guys will just be observing nonsense. No be Jesus Christ u find go, shey na daddy G.O??
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Originalsly: 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:

You are just an illiterate with a phone . See the quote Pentecostalism , that is a f**king generalization . And if you cannot comprehend that, then stay the hell off my mentions with your stupidity

You just confirmed that you lack basic comprehension skills.... typical ignoramus that resort to shouting and expletives when cornered with their own ignorance. Simple question and you explode.... verbal terrorist.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
Originalsly:

You just confirmed that you lack basic comprehension skills.... typical ignoramus that resort to shouting and expletives when cornered with their own ignorance. Simple question and you explode.... verbal terrorist.
I just called out your ignorance and you are here talking like a drunk fool . Abeg swerve from my mentions
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by bigcasava1(m): 1:07am On Sep 12, 2022
Thank God you said their G/o pix and they were not worshipping it just like some churches worship fake Jesus and Mary portraits. If you ur foundation had allowed u to know bible you will understand that anointing oil has been effective in both old and contemporary pentecostal church.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JesusDWay(m): 2:06am On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Being ordained a Bishop is a bible thing, not what a pentecostal church does or does not do. Taking Holy Communion is an injunction given by Jesus, not an orthodox thing that pentecostals now practice too.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 2:14am On Sep 12, 2022
btoks:

You obviously don't get the point I'm making. You made an assertion without thinking of the implication. you stated thay catholics don't read the bible so don't understand what Christianity is all about. how do you think those who couldn't read for centuries understood what Christianity was all about?!
In any case catholics do read the bible.
You need to check the data for global illiteracy rates over the centuries, a majority still couldn't read 300 years ago.

You haven't answered my questions.

Are you and the guy I responded to part of those who in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"? Are we in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"? Was my statement directed at "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

How did you arrive at the following conclusions? :

"And I stated that most people couldn't read anyway up until recently. So your assertion holds no water. What people have always had is church guidance as Jesus clearly set up."

When is "recently"? Kindly give a specific date.

The place you are "interpreting" or better still "misinterpreting ", can you pls quote the scripture for me?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 2:14am On Sep 12, 2022
edungene7:
The church of Christ

How does the church of Christ make anyone a saint?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 2:26am On Sep 12, 2022
surah 24:33 And let those who do not have the means to marry keep themselves chaste until Allah enriches them out of His bounty. And if any of those ˹slave girls˺ in your possession desires a deed of emancipation, make it possible for them, if you find goodness in them. And give them some of Allah’s wealth which He has granted you. Do not force your ˹slave˺ girls into prostitution for your own worldly gains while they wish to remain chaste. And if someone coerces them, then after such a coercion Allah is certainly All-Forgiving, Most Merciful ˹to them˺.

Here allah is allowing prostitution of captured girls. do not ask ask to prostitute but if someone wants to sleep with them, do not hold back. use them to make money for yourself.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Naijaprosper: 5:10am On Sep 12, 2022
There is no Catholic or Pentecostal faith. Only faith in Jesus, whether Pentecostal or Catholic, so it's one family sir.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Obiorahpcfg: 5:36am On Sep 12, 2022
God bless you my dear! We die as Catholics. It's only a fool that will be deceived. They celebrate their dead mother's post numinous birthdays and yet they tell me not to talk about mother Mary shuuum. My dear, just check out zion prayer outreach and follow the page on Facebook or YouTube so dt u see wonders happening in the Catholic church. Pastors and people that left the church are coming back sef.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Joezik(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Obiorahpcfg:
God bless you my dear! We die as Catholics. It's only a fool that will be deceived. They celebrate their dead mother's post numinous birthdays and yet they tell me not to talk about mother Mary shuuum. My dear, just check out zion prayer outreach and follow the page on Facebook or YouTube so dt u see wonders happening in the Catholic church. Pastors and people that left the church are coming back sef.

Rest .... Read John 14:6
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 6:56am On Sep 12, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

It was never a donation but an imposed Church tax.

Parishes were franchised for tax extortion on those unfortunate to live under the realm of Catholicism.

Was there not a time a Pope came up with a canon where sins were forgiven through monetary penance?

hmmm, i said it, catholic to pentecostals is like Holy Ghost fire to satan., person go be in im church come dey know wetin de happen to other peeps church without going there, na witch or wizard na im be naa. Can u send a link of this ur news to justify ur claim. Meanwhile, as if there is no church that doesnt impose levy on members, i even have see a protestant wey don tell members to come with 5 eggs each,
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Bfly: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2022
You cannot shy away from things that shape human society.

His observation is existent.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by HRMK: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2022
ITS NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES THE PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES ARE EMULATING BUT THE OLDER AFRICAN CHURCHES LIKE ANGLICAN,BAPTIST AND THE REST!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by KIDfurniture(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2022
Church business ! One man business managed by his family. Free monies & enjoyment for the family. brainwashed human beings as members . They cage the broke ones & give special treatment to the rich ones who are probably criminals , ritualist , 419, armed robbers. Daddy GO don’t care as long as the criminals are funding the church business.

Tunjibalogun:

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by cyprex: 8:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Jashub:
This is ignorance at its peak . You went to probably two Pentecostal churches then suddenly came to the conclusion that all Pentecostal churches in the world are like that ...? Na wah for ignorance grin

Rather attack his person, the least that is expected of you is to tell us the Pentecostal Churxh that is not into these practices

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by lezz(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Jashub:
Get off my mentions with your self-imposed stupidity.
little whinging idiot
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Blaqputin(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

It's a Dunamis church baba. We even connected to their central church in Abuja grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Ok boss, noted, learn to give complete information, tell it all.....wrong practice tho, papa picture inside God church = idol worship...
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Blaqputin(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2022
Obiorahpcfg:
I don't have nothing against Catholics, but Your history is a very terrible one filled with blood and alot of borderline witchcraftcy , sprinkled with idolatry and homosexuality,repent or ye shall all likewise perish.....if u mention me with nonsense comment, u go collect
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Chigold101(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Wait o
Was there a time when Pentecostal churches don't take Communion?

Is it this 2022 that you found out Pentecostal churches have different services on Sundays?

It's a pity how things that made no sense make front page in nairaland.

Nonsense and ingredients
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by toloohthegreat: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2022
Officialgarri:

I don't think he said "all pentecostal".

By the way, his observation is correct and majority of what should be pentecostal churches have watered their standard to accommodate more "customers"

You get sense!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by TENHEU22(m): 10:24am On Sep 12, 2022
It may interest you to know that some of the Pentecostal churches even recites the Apostles creed.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Theyoungmatron: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2022
Blaqputin:

I don't have nothing against Catholics, but Your history is a very terrible one filled with blood and alot of borderline witchcraftcy , sprinkled with idolatry and homosexuality,repent or ye shall all likewise perish.....if u mention me with nonsense comment, u go collect
That history is our collective history. You cannot shy away from it. So far you are a Christian, you are automatically a descendant of the early christians upto the last 500 years. So don't come and rewrite history here sir.
We all took part in the maiming, pillaging and crusades of the Church.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Lordedifice1: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Comrade your ignorance is very High and deluded
No need to educate your gullible ignorance
I don't want argument

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Man Gets Visa To 3 Countries After Placing "Miracle Sticker" On His Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.