Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48393 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by BluntCrazeMan: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ok Naa
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by fogechi: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
You are correct brother....

they even have morning services like morning mass.

Wear images of pastors on their hands.(bangles)

Have holy water

They do novena prayers

They repeat prayers like rosary

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Chuksaluta(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Very valid, also to add, catholic wear rosary Pentecostals now wear bangle. Catholic says Rev Father and Sister, Pentecostal is Daddy and Mummy

4 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by stevups(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.
Change is constant for living
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Arielle: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:
This is ignorance at its peak . You went to probably two Pentecostal churches then suddenly came to the conclusion that all Pentecostal churches in the world are like that ...? Na wah for ignorance grin
His observation is spot on. I've witnessed it to, numerous times.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by adetayo234: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:
Oga, I do not have time to dwell on idle banter that only stems from tunnel vision. Just go and read his post again and see the conclusion he came to .

You are the one reeling in ignorance and wallowing in idle banters. He only mentioned what he saw in a Pentecostal church and didn't say all Pentecostal churches.

Stop insisting on dumbness

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by poseidon12: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Were you supposed to receive holy communion there?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by SILVERLINES: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Bad boy grin grin

Me I de chop but e get one popular church for my area wey I chop na so I come dey shake like fowl

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Authoreety: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Foodie1:
I see most of these pentecostal churches as business centres, how can some body be saying in "the name of "(the God of their General overseer) when they are supposed to say the most high God, anybody can easily wake up one morning and decide to open church and make himself the general overseer grin They are now copying the Catholic Church, most of them even dress like reverend fathers and even do Consecration of bread and wine too.
But they will never accept that they are actually copying.

Incase of any fool that will come to my mention and talk rubbish, I'm ready for you
. cheesy

Those guys doing all those copy copy,especially those one that wear those priestly regalia, watch them well.. Most of them are fake!

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
Surah 18:60 And ˹remember˺ when Moses said to his young assistant, “I will never give up until I reach the junction of the two seas, even if I travel for ages.”

Where are these seas located?

surah 2:67 “Allah commands you to sacrifice a cow Surah 2:69 It should be a bright yellow cow

allah's choice of sacrificial cow is top-notch. A bright yellow cow. So, all those killing cows in Nigeria are wasting their time cos they are not bright yellow cows.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by juman(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
Pentecostal churches are business centres.
The mode of operation by the church depends on the discretion and opinion of the pastor how best to get customers.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
surah 56:66 We have been penalized.

By who?

It is unthinkinable to imagine that humans can punish allah.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
surah 56:66 We have been penalized.

By who?

Did you notice that allah is a polytheistic god "we"?

Surah 56 vs 57 It is We Who created you. Will you not then believe ˹in resurrection˺?
Surah 56 vs 57 We have created you, then why would you not confirm it? (why do Muslims find it hard to confirm it for them?)

Surah 56:64 Is it you or We Who make them grow?

surah 56:61 Had We so wished, nothing could have hindered Us from replacing you by others like yourselves, or transforming you into beings you know nothing about.

surah 56:64 Is it you or We Who make them grow?

surah 56:60 It is We Who ordained death upon you and We are not to be frustrated.

surah 56:72 Did you make its tree grow or was it We Who made it grow?

Since the creator of man is WE, and he described himself as CreatorS in the noble quran, is it now safe to refer to Allah as THEY? Recall that he asked Muslims to CONFIRM IT. Do you confirm it?

surah 56:59 Do you create a child out of it, or are We its creator[b]s[/b]?

So, "they", Allah, the creatorS, create children out of emitted sperm.

Is this true?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by jrusky(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
So you are telling me now that Redeem has Adeboye pictures in their churches?

You mean you are telling me Oyedepo pictures are now all over Winners churches?

You mean Chris Oyakhilome picture now in all Christ Embassy?

Sorry you mean Babalola picture now in all CAC church hanging on the wall?

So you mean prophet Fufeyin picture now hanging on Mercy land Warri baa?

Sorry I guess you went to indaboski kind of church and thinking its a Pentecostal church.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
surah 56:61 Had We so wished, nothing could have hindered Us from replacing you by others like yourselves, or transforming you into beings you know nothing about.

Did you notice that allah is from the polytheistic gods of Arabia by his insistence on being WE rather than I?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Arielle:

His observation is spot on. I've witnessed it to, numerous times.
Are you listening to yourself ? So every protestant church out there is doing what the OP is saying ... is that what you want us to believe?undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
surah 2:73 So We instructed, “Strike the dead body with a piece of the cow.” This is how ˹easily˺ Allah brings the dead to life, showing you His signs so that you may understand.

This is how allah performs resurrection.

John 11:41 So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, thank you for hearing me. John 11:43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”

As a human, in which of these two ways would you love to be resurrected, by STRIKING your dead body with red bloodied cow meat or by respectfully calling YOUR NAME and have you majestically walk back to life?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Themandator: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

The most ignoramus ever created..... Oyedepo has been bearing the title Bishop for ages

Idahosa, died as an archbishop and there are so many bishop like TD Jake but you only knew that today... What does that say about your person

Coming to communion, many churches started with it because it is not catholic tradition but a commandment of Jesus Christ, himself

The portrait you hang in your church is not that of Jesus but an artistic work by a renowned artist.... Then there is the actor whose pictures sells in your church but is not even a member but just played the role of Jesus

In the nutshell, you have only proved your ignorance of the scripture on a global forum

5 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
adetayo234:

You are the one reeling in ignorance and wallowing in idle banters. He only mentioned what he saw in a Pentecostal church and didn't say all Pentecostal churches.

Stop insisting on dumbness
You are a foolish illiterate. Go and read his post and stop disturbing my mentions with your diluted form of stupidity

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
surah 2:87 Indeed, We gave Moses the Book and sent after him successive messengers. And We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the holy spirit. Why is it that every time a messenger comes to you ˹Israelites˺ with something you do not like, you become arrogant, rejecting some and killing others?

Often, you hear Nigerian Muslims insulting the Holy spirit. Unbeknownst to them, it is part of their doctrine. The Quran attests to the miraculous birth of Christ While some Muslims go on denying the Christ. They do not read their quran. They know nothing in it. they are always shocked when I show them. Rather than submitting to the quran, they tweak it. Which means they are more powerful that their quran and they have utter disrespect for it. This is why Arab do not consider them real muslims. They do not understand the words in Arabic. they do not read and meditate, they only recite it as a poem.

surah 21:91 And ˹remember˺ the one who guarded her vagina, so We blew into her our spirit, making her and her son a sign for the worlds.

From the two surahs above, you can see that allah uses "I" and "we" interchangeably to prove to you that he is polytheist. Notwithstanding, You can clearly see that allah could stoop as low as blowing his spirit into a woman's vagina rather than by providential outworking as the Bible states.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by stevups(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
He has a good observation.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Prettylima(f): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
It is well check my signature we produce all kinds of packaging cartons for your goods
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by DRPAIT123(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Martartins(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
I went to one last week. I was shocked that they have communion service unlike you, I didn't join them in taking the wine and holy communion.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sleekfingers: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Business Centers

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by deavicky(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

u have been going with the impression all the while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife / Small signs to show The End Is Coming / EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.