Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48400 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about.

The word bishop means overseer and it is not a Catholic thing. It is biblical. Unfortunately, Catholics decided to make bishops outside biblical criteria.

1 Timothy 3
King James Version
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
Keep wailing, Ignorant and unintelligent demented fellow
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Probz(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
SHINJA:
This op is not a Christian...

Must-he be an active Bible-basher?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Basher8583: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Just see penticostal churches like crypto which is not regulated. Anything goes
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
Agugbadin:
Ignorance may be your problem, pentecostal churches had all you have mentioned here over 40yrs ago .When did you grow up, did you hear of Arc Bishop Benson Idahosa of Blessed memory, he has all that you have mentioned in place when the man of God was here, go check your history and facts before you post anything.
Writes an unintelligent demented fellow grin cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=MasterJayJay post=116571042]

You have not said anything but the usual copy and paste answer. Quote a verse where Jesus told you to pray to Mary as an intercessor.

] revelation 8: 3 and 4 and another Angel came and stood on the altar with a golden censer and he was giving much incene to mingle with all the prayers of the saints upon the golden altar before the throne and the smoke of the insane rose together from the hands of the angel with the prayers of the saints to God, who are the saints praying for? they are saved already we believe in this part of the scriptures that God hears the prayer of a saint
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Ekugbeh(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
An enemy of the church who came online to castigate fellow members of the body of Christ.

You are bent on causing division just for cheap likes and clout

Later y'all scream Muslims by the way you not, so you are a Judas

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Keep wailing, Ignorant and unintelligent demented fellow

You seem to be the one wailing. Who is my daddy GO? Can you tell me? While thinking about that, answer the questions I asked you.

That really got you. You were really pained. Tell me, what am I unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous about?

As someone who isn't unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous, can you negate the following?

Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about.

The word bishop means overseer and it is not a Catholic thing. It is biblical. Unfortunately, Catholics decided to make bishops outside biblical criteria.

1 Timothy 3
King James Version
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=edungene7 post=116571993][/quote]

Which part of the scripture that you quoted said anything about Mary?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Leonbonapart(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.
you no get sense at all. You no get single sense. And your phooolish

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Which part of the scripture that you quoted said anything about Mary?
in as much as the catholic church is concerned Mary is a saint of God in heaven u can connote the rest
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by btoks: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

1 Timothy 3
King James Version

Your 1st statement is just so off the mark,you do realise that the majority of folks could not even read for the 1st 1000 years of Christianity so your statement holds no water. In fact, the catholic church lives the scriptures, you should attend a catholic mass if you haven't to see the scriptures lived out in practice. Nonetheless catholics read scriptures with church guidance.

With regard to the bishops, exactly how has the catholic church ordained bishops outside biblical criteria?
You appear to conclude that the bible exists in a vacuum.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by ObedOkoro: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
Mind what you say because you're not a fool.
flamingREED:
Mary doesn't care about your devotions.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
Leonbonapart:
you no get sense at all. You no get single sense. And your phooolish
Don't confuse me for your father or saggy boobs mother who lacks sense grin grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You seem to be the one wailing. Who is my daddy GO? Can you tell me? While thinking about that, answer the questions I asked you.

That really got you. You were really pained. Tell me, what am I unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous about?

As someone who isn't unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous, can you negate the following?

1 Timothy 3
King James Version

As usual I don't read your trash. You can copy and paste again
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
in as much as the catholic church is concerned Mary is a saint of God in heaven u can connote the rest

You didn't answer the question. Which part of the scripture that you quoted said anything about Mary?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
fof1:

Pls Study what U say U have Observed and Compare Properly with Catholicism...Do not rush into Conclusions Pls. Beware of Fake Worship Centres without Sound Biblical Doctrines or Foundation of Faith Grounded in Christ ALONE. REMEMBER, CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS DO NOT ADORE OR WORSHIP MARY...MOTHER OF JESUS... Free urself from Idolatry, Pls
Let me shock u. It was Dunamis. Can you now shot up. Is better to worship Mary than worship the daddy GOs all you little minded individuals are doing
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

As usual I don't read your trash. You can copy and paste again

You did sweetheart. You read my "trash" that's why you are deeply hurt.

Who is my daddy GO? Can you tell me? While thinking about that, answer the questions I asked you.

1 Timothy 3
King James Version

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by btoks: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:

That will be difficult to trace because they didn't carry denomination for head.
Not at all, early christian history is well documented. Surely the church must exist.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You didn't answer the question. Which part of the scripture that you quoted said anything about Mary?
the scripture mentioned saints and I just told u Mary is a certified saint
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by 0dav2(m): 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
grin humans thou have solve problems to create more of it...
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
btoks:

Your 1st statement is just so off the mark,you do realise that the majority of folks could not even read for the 1st 1000 years of Christianity so your statement holds no water. In fact, the catholic church lives the scriptures, you should attend a catholic mass if you haven't to see the scriptures lived out in practice. Nonetheless catholics read scriptures with church guidance.

With regard to the bishops, exactly how has the catholic church ordained bishops outside biblical criteria?
You appear to conclude that the bible exists in a vacuum.

What has people not being able to read according to you in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

Seems you didn't read the scriptures I quoted which confirms my 1st statement or are you part of the people who couldn't read in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

Pls read verse 2 of the scripture I quoted which you didn't read before commenting
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

You remain an Idol worshipping heathen who is ignorant of scripture .

Go and say three hail Mary's and bow to her idol

Pagan
So says an antisemite. grin

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
revelation 8: 3 and 4 and another Angel came and stood on the altar with a golden censer and he was giving much incene to mingle with all the prayers of the saints upon the golden altar before the throne and the smoke of the insane rose together from the hands of the angel with the prayers of the saints to God, who are the saints praying for? they are saved already we believe in this part of the scriptures that God hears the prayer of a saint

I guess you only believe dead people are saints?

Stop quoting the Bible out of context.

Living Christians are saints.

Romans 1:7 "to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 8:27 "and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

I am a saint and God answers my prayer. Stop praying to dead people.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
the scripture mentioned saints and I just told u Mary is a certified saint

Who certified her a saint? How is she a certified saint?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by spiralwedge(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Catholicism remains the best. They have no thiefing pulpit bandits like the protestants lol

It’s not about which is best. It’s about belief system, do what suits you. There are loads of belief systems in the world, but heyy… you are limited by your naivety. Comparison does not make sense and shows acute level of ignorance by you.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by stormborn28(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Idolater baal worshipper disguised as a christian.

The symbolism of the Denial of Christ by Peter comes to mind.

Peter being ordained by Christ Himself was warned by Christ that the devil will use him against the brethren.

The symbolism of the denial is testimony of the 3 false churches that will arise before Christ returns.

The cockcrow is symbolic as in the spiritual realm , the chicken is sacrificed before the devil is summoned. This is because the chicken announces the arrival and departure of Satan.

You would be familiar with the now common joke of why the chicken crossed the road to which the answer is : to get to the other side.

That other side is the spiritual realm and that now familiar joke was once a codex used by occult initiates to identify themselves in public and a pass code when entering their lodges.

So when Peter denied Christ , the rooster crowed announcing the presence of the devil.

At the last and final third denial, Peter and Christ eyes locked.

This is symbolic that there will be three false churches and when the final arises , Christ shall return.

The Catholic idolatry religion masquerading as the Church of Christ is the first false church Christ warned Peter and Christians about. The Catholic church was universal.

The second is the national orthodox churches like the Anglican, Presbyterian church, Lutheran, Methodist and the Afro Spiritual churches.

The last and final false church is the Judeo-Masonic American Evangelical false church to which majority of all modern Protestant churches have become corrupted by.

Your catholic church is like the original sinner in the bible. It corrupted the gospel and made man and idolatry worship a focus of the christian faith. The man worship being the satanic papal creed falsely claiming to be descended from Apostle Peter. The pagan worship in the form of the ancient and wide spread fertility goddess as represented by the Madonna is a central theme in your pagan religion.

Can you explain why you bow and pray before an image of the Madonna , worship at the feet of the Pope and ignore Christ totally only to celebrate His death?

The catholic church is pagan and also a death cult that mocks the murder of Christ since the crucifix hangs in your pagan shrine as a mockery to a risen and resurrected Christ.

Heathen Pagan idol worshipper claiming Christian.

You just spew rubbish.. Gabbish..

You are very ignorant of what the Catholic is.
You lack history . nothing I mean nothing in the head
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by ukaface(f): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Una wey be Christians get biiiiig problem, Very massive a problem. If you can't depict my statement that's your business, but you join follow get the problem.smh.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

The Communion isn't a catholic heritage but a Christian one based on the Last Supper.

Every other thing you wrote about these American Masonic Evangelical churches remain heathen like your pagan Catholic religion.
The way people condemn fellow christian churches eh, at times i wonder what una pastor dey teach una o. Google the founder of catholic church and the founder of ur own protestant and know who is a pegan ok. Judge of the jungle.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by luluman: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

How many Pentecostal churches in The world did you visit before your conclusion?

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

The Catholic church is one of the richest institutions in the world .

They didn't become so rich from heavenly manner falling from the sky but from centuries of exerting a Church tax on the peasantry.

The Roman Catholic church also acquired immense riches from pillaging expeditions such as that of Spanish and Portogese explorers of the new world.

The catholic church is equally as corrupt as modern day pentecostal false church.
If a group of 100 people donate 1000 each and a group of only 10 people donate de same each, why wont the group that has only 10 people see the group that has 100 people as a rich group
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by xeju: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

The Communion isn't a catholic heritage but a Christian one based on the Last Supper.

Every other thing you wrote about these American Masonic Evangelical churches remain heathen like your pagan Catholic religion.
Meaning pentecostalism has pagan roots cos all you're from catholic church
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by lookingfly: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

so the picture of a white man now is Jesus? From your write up, it's clear you're suffering from serious ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others. / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.