Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48414 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
flamingREED:
Mary doesn't care about your devotions.
Says a protestant
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JayB11(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
flamingREED:
Mary doesn't care about your devotions.

How i wish you knew...
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

I didn't come here to throw banter and will never insult the pentecostal because of a nonentity like you. Get lost, you're senseless
only pentecostals behave as u just did, at times i wonder what pastors teach u there.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by naijapikin2(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
The catholic church now copies pentecostal.
1. They now take tithe
2. They do night vigils now.
3. The charismatic now do outreach and crusade
4. They now speak in tongues (this beats me)
5. They have greatly reduced all those solemn music and now sing regular street gospel

Whose copying now
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
omowolewa:
All Pentecostal churches are almost same as Catholics
Na lie. Their teachings are only how to prosper in life, an assemblies of god guy told me that he cant love his enemies, the hausas and fulanis are his enemies, he also supports roadside sacrifices, and many more. They go to church to prosper and thats all.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by btoks: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What has people not being able to read according to you in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

Seems you didn't read the scriptures I quoted which confirms my 1st statement or are you part of the people who couldn't read in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

Pls read verse 2 of the scripture I quoted which you didn't read before commenting
You made this statement -
Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about
And I stated that most people couldn't read anyway up until recently. So your assertion holds no water. What people have always had is church guidance as Jesus clearly set up.

Regarding Bishops, the church in fact used to have married bishops but changed the discipline over time to require celibacy (as they saw fit for the running of the church). The verse quoted does not mandate bishops to be married but must not have been married more than once. This is the ancient position.
This is why guidance is required in interpreting scriptures
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
xeju:

Meaning pentecostalism has pagan roots cos all you're from catholic church

You are really dense.

The Catholic church did not originate the sacred communion.

This is scripture and not Catholic canon

Dense pagan idol worshiper
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
btoks:

You made this statement -
Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about
And I stated that most people couldn't read anyway up until recently. So your assertion holds no water. What people have always had is church guidance as Jesus clearly set up.

Regarding Bishops, the church in fact used to have married bishops but changed the discipline over time to require celibacy (as they saw fit for the running of the church). The verse quoted does not mandate bishops to be married but must not have been married more than once. This is the ancient position.
This is why guidance is required in interpreting scriptures

Are you and the guy I responded to part of those who in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"? Are we in the "1st 1000 years of Christianity"? Was my statement directed at "1st 1000 years of Christianity"?

How did you arrive at the following conclusions? :

"And I stated that most people couldn't read anyway up until recently. So your assertion holds no water. What people have always had is church guidance as Jesus clearly set up."

When is "recently"? Kindly give a specific date.

The place you are "interpreting" or better still "misinterpreting ", can you pls quote the scripture for me?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Stanleyq:
The way people condemn fellow christian churches eh, at times i wonder what una pastor dey teach una o. Google the founder of catholic church and the founder of ur own protestant and know who is a pegan ok. Judge of the jungle.

Why do you venerate a graven image in the form of the Madonna?

Why is Mary central to your catholic creed and not Christ Himself?

You worship the great harlot Lilith as presented in ancient fertility goddess religion.

Pagan.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
stormborn28:

You just spew rubbish.. Gabbish..

You are very ignorant of what the Catholic is.
You lack history . nothing I mean nothing in the head

Then educate me about your death cult that is filled to the brim with homosexual pedophille priests
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by lezz(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:
Oga, I do not have time to dwell on idle banter that only stems from tunnel vision. Just go and read his post again and see the conclusion he came to .
there's nothing in the OP, either its heading or body that remotely suggest or group all pentecostal churches do that practice.

You're an angry, temperamental and internally disturbed snowflake!
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Why do you venerate a graven image in the form of the Madonna?

Why is Mary central to your catholic creed and not Christ Himself?

You worship the great harlot Lilith as presented in ancient fertility goddess religion.

Pagan.
Whatever
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

So says an antisemite. grin

Unlike you Judea masonic false Christians my Christian faith isn't tied and dyed in Jew worship.

The fake church of Satan you attend is only meant to have you see those Christ killers as your god despite Christ condemning them as belonging to the Synagogue of Satan.

How you came to reconcile Jew worship with its very antithesis of Christianity when these Jews have been the earliest and most commuted prolific enemies and persecutors of the church only you can answer on the day of reckoning .
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by stormborn28(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Then educate me about your death cult that is filled to the brim with homosexual pedophille priests

Tell me which religion is not filled with homosexuals? It is the ability of an institutions to put in place measures to cub the practice that matters...Universities don't tolerate sexual exploitation. Does it mean we still don't have bad eggs among the lecturers? Use your head ...
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
Stanleyq:
Whatever

I never expected much from a ritual fake Christian who only adheres to ritual practices with no single knowledge of scripture and devoid of any spiritualism.

Pagan heathen idolator.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Godwin25king: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
This is pure BS talk

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
lezz:
there's nothing in the OP, either its heading or body that remotely suggest or group all pentecostal churches do that practice.

You're an angry, temperamental and internally disturbed snowflake!
Get off my mentions with your self-imposed stupidity.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by osazsky(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.
sjccg or christ chosen
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

I never expected much from a ritual fake Christian who only adheres to ritual practices with no single knowledge of scripture and devoid of any spiritualism.

Pagan heathen idolator.
Whatever, but we know who we serve. Not u will know for us. Why i hate protestants, its like nigeria having been freed from britain, will come and say that their system of Govt is bad and that nigeria system is the best, if a pikin carries up her father, some vital organs will just close his eyes. Since i have been dealing with pentecostal, i have seen their fruits, fruits of criticisms to the mother church, they have never got selves ok when they hear about catholic, just like satan and Holy Ghost fire
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Agugbadin: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Writes an unintelligent demented fellow grin cheesy

Pet Dogs sit on chairs but can you imagine when a sheep sit on the chair, sorry for your self.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
JayB11:

How i wish you knew...
i am sorry that he does nt

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
stormborn28:

Tell me which religion is not filled with homosexuals? It is the ability of an institutions to put in place measures to cub the practice that matters...Universities don't tolerate sexual exploitation. Does it mean we still don't have bad eggs among the lecturers? Use your head ...

By their fruits you shall know them.

The catholic church is a homosexual death cult .

We are not talking about a few bad eggs here but a gay bath house load of faggins that have covered each other .
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
Stanleyq:
Whatever, but we know who we serve. Not u will know for us. Why i hate protestants, its like nigeria having been freed from britain, will come and say that their system of Govt is bad and that nigeria system is the best, if a pikin carries up her father, some vital organs will just close his eyes. Since i have been dealing with pentecostal, i have seen their fruits, fruits of criticisms to the mother church, they have never got selves ok when they hear about catholic, just like satan and Holy Ghost fire

You worship a fertility deity dating back to ancient times.

This is why Christ isn't central in your doctrine or even in your prayers

You remain a false church

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by TheGift: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Pentecostal churches have been doing these for quite a while now.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by stormborn28(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

By their fruits you shall know them.

The catholic church is a homosexual death cult .

We are not talking about a few bad eggs here but a gay bath house load of faggins that have covered each other .

You are fooling yourself.. Remain in that dream land. You are bitter .. And it is eating deep into your soul
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Stanleyq: 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

You worship a fertility deity dating back to ancient times.
This is why Christ isn't central in your doctrine or even in your prayers
You remain a false church
Ok Naa
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
Stanleyq:
If a group of 100 people donate 1000 each and a group of only 10 people donate de same each, why wont the group that has only 10 people see the group that has 100 people as a rich group

It was never a donation but an imposed Church tax.

Parishes were franchised for tax extortion on those unfortunate to live under the realm of Catholicism.

Was there not a time a Pope came up with a canon where sins were forgiven through monetary penance?

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:

I guess you only believe dead people are saints?

Stop quoting the Bible out of context.

Living Christians are saints.

Romans 1:7 "to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 8:27 "and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

I am a saint and God answers my prayer. Stop praying to dead people.
so when a living Christian dies what becomes of him
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
stormborn28:

You are fooling yourself.. Remain in that dream land. You are bitter .. And it is eating deep into your soul

I have always maintained that it is far easier to convert a radical violent Islamic terrorist to Christ than an instutionalized Catholic sheep.

You are stuck to catholic church same way a Cele member is to their Afro spiritual doctrine because your entire life has been one of ritual severance to the institution known as Catholicism.

Your religion is materialism just like Judaism and as such even the truth can not reach you.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Who certified her a saint? How is she a certified saint?
The church of Christ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others. / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.