Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48373 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tonypen247(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
Interesting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
This is ignorance at its peak . You went to probably two Pentecostal churches then suddenly came to the conclusion that all Pentecostal churches in the world are like that ...? Na wah for ignorance grin

334 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Owopariola001: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wrong section.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Officialgarri: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:
This is ignorance at its peak . You went to probably two Pentecostal churches then suddenly came to the conclusion that all Pentecostal churches in the world are like that ...? Na wah for ignorance grin
I don't think he said "all pentecostal".

By the way, his observation is correct and majority of what should be pentecostal churches have watered their standard to accommodate more "customers"

296 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Cypress042(m): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
Op i can bet my balls, you don't know what the preacher preached in church today grin

As a Nigerian we don't ever mind our business.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
Officialgarri:

I don't think he said "all pentecostal".

By the way, his observation is correct and majority of what should be pentecostal churches have watered their standard to accommodate more "customers"
Oga, I do not have time to dwell on idle banter that only stems from tunnel vision. Just go and read his post again and see the conclusion he came to .

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by yomi961: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
Mind your business.
Must we talk and about other people denomination.
Which kind of demonic pull me down "Christian" be this op.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
You don't have to judge like that!

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Samuelnze(m): 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
Faith and belief differs..
don't say they are imitating catholic church, leave them to what they are doing. Peace. God knows who serves him in truth and in faith.

5 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by SHINJA: 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
This op is not a Christian...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by 2special(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
SHINJA:
This op is not a Christian...
I thought as much, he just wants to cause confusion and some are falling to his trap.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following :
(1)They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm
(2)They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus
(4)They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin
It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J

The Communion isn't a catholic heritage but a Christian one based on the Last Supper.

Every other thing you wrote about these American Masonic Evangelical churches remain heathen like your pagan Catholic religion.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Pwettylinda(f): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
I call them business centers
Any church owned by one person as the General oversea is a business organization

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
Pwettylinda:
I call them business centers
Any church owned by one person as the General oversea is a business organization

The Catholic church is one of the richest institutions in the world .

They didn't become so rich from heavenly manner falling from the sky but from centuries of exerting a Church tax on the peasantry.

The Roman Catholic church also acquired immense riches from pillaging expeditions such as that of Spanish and Portogese explorers of the new world.

The catholic church is equally as corrupt as modern day pentecostal false church.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by vanunu: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

The Communion isn't a catholic heritage but a Christian one based on the Last Supper.

Every other thing you wrote about these American Masonic Evangelical churches remain heathen like your pagan Catholic religion.

The oldest churches were all Catholic churches, perhaps you should go and find the meaning of Catholic.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
vanunu:

The oldest churches were all Catholic churches, perhaps you should go and find the meaning of Catholic.

The oldest profession is prostitution

That doesn't make it a good thing. Or does it?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by flamingREED(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
Mary doesn't care about your devotions.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following :
(1)They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm
(2)They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus
(4)They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin
Surah 18:60 And ˹remember˺ when Moses said to his young assistant, “I will never give up until I reach the junction of the two seas, even if I travel for ages.”

Where are these seas located?

surah 2:67 “Allah commands you to sacrifice a cow Surah 2:69 It should be a bright yellow cow

allah's choice of sacrificial cow is top-notch. A bright yellow cow. So, all those killing cows in Nigeria are wasting their time cos they are not bright yellow cows.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by paramakina202: 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

If them no copy Catholic Church the mother of all churches wetin dem come gain?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Foodie1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
I see most of these pentecostal churches as business centres, how can some body be saying in "the name of "(the God of their General overseer) when they are supposed to say the most high God, anybody can easily wake up one morning and decide to open church and make himself the general overseer grin They are now copying the Catholic Church, most of them even dress like reverend fathers and even do Consecration of bread and wine too.
But they will never accept that they are actually copying.

incase of any fool that will come to my mention and talk rubbish, I'm ready for you. cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Rexymania(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Didn't you know that all protestance are now under catholic?

5 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

I didn't come here to throw banter and will never insult the pentecostal because of a nonentity like you. Get lost, you're senseless

10 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by omowolewa: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
All Pentecostal churches are almost same as Catholics
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Are they praying to Mary?

Holy Communion? It only shows you were oblivious of what's happening in Pentecostal churches. It's like saying Pentecostal churches have started praying in tongues. Holy communion has always been there in Pentecostal churches.

Several services: Your observation is myopic. Pentecostal churches have been known to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd services.

Holy oil: If you are just finding out Pentecostal churches use oil, then you just came into this world this year.

Dude, go and make real observations.

vanunu:

The first Christian churches predate the Catholic faith by about 300 years.

The description of church activities in the bible is completely different from present Roman Catholic church.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

I didn't come here to throw banter and will never insult the pentecostal because of a nonentity like you. Get lost, you're senseless

Idolater baal worshipper disguised as a christian.

The symbolism of the Denial of Christ by Peter comes to mind.

Peter being ordained by Christ Himself was warned by Christ that the devil will use him against the brethren.

The symbolism of the denial is testimony of the 3 false churches that will arise before Christ returns.

The cockcrow is symbolic as in the spiritual realm , the chicken is sacrificed before the devil is summoned. This is because the chicken announces the arrival and departure of Satan.

You would be familiar with the now common joke of why the chicken crossed the road to which the answer is : to get to the other side.

That other side is the spiritual realm and that now familiar joke was once a codex used by occult initiates to identify themselves in public and a pass code when entering their lodges.

So when Peter denied Christ , the rooster crowed announcing the presence of the devil.

At the last and final third denial, Peter and Christ eyes locked.

This is symbolic that there will be three false churches and when the final arises , Christ shall return.

The Catholic idolatry religion masquerading as the Church of Christ is the first false church Christ warned Peter and Christians about. The Catholic church was universal.

The second is the national orthodox churches like the Anglican, Presbyterian church, Lutheran, Methodist and the Afro Spiritual churches.

The last and final false church is the Judeo-Masonic American Evangelical false church to which majority of all modern Protestant churches have become corrupted by.

Your catholic church is like the original sinner in the bible. It corrupted the gospel and made man and idolatry worship a focus of the christian faith. The man worship being the satanic papal creed falsely claiming to be descended from Apostle Peter. The pagan worship in the form of the ancient and wide spread fertility goddess as represented by the Madonna is a central theme in your pagan religion.

Can you explain why you bow and pray before an image of the Madonna , worship at the feet of the Pope and ignore Christ totally only to celebrate His death?

The catholic church is pagan and also a death cult that mocks the murder of Christ since the crucifix hangs in your pagan shrine as a mockery to a risen and resurrected Christ.

Heathen Pagan idol worshipper claiming Christian.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MikeofAfrica: 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
flamingREED:
Mary doesn't care about your devotions.
There is only one mediator between God and Man which is Jesus Christ. Hence Mary has no business with our devotions.

10 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Idolater baal worshipper disguised as a christian.

The symbolism of the Denial of Christ by Peter comes to mind.

Peter being ordained by Christ Himself was warned by Christ that the devil will use him against the brethren.

The symbolism of the denial is testimony of the 3 false churches that will arise before Christ returns.

The cockcrow is symbolic as in the spiritual realm , the chicken is sacrificed before the devil is summoned. This is because the chicken announces the arrival and departure of Satan.

You would be familiar with the now common joke of why the chicken crossed the road to which the answer is : to get to the other side.

That other side is the spiritual realm and that now familiar joke was once a codex used by occult initiates to identify themselves in public and a pass code when entering their lodges.

So when Peter denied Christ , the rooster crowed announcing the presence of the devil.

At the last and final third denial, Peter and Christ eyes locked.

This is symbolic that there will be three false churches and when the final arises , Christ shall return.

The Catholic idolatry religion masquerading as the Church of Christ is the first false church Christ warned Peter and Christians about. The Catholic church was universal.

The second is the national orthodox churches like the Anglican, Presbyterian church, Lutheran, Methodist and the Afro Spiritual churches.

The last and final false church is the Judeo-Masonic American Evangelical false church to which majority of all modern Protestant churches have become corrupted by.

Your catholic church is like the original sinner in the bible. It corrupted the gospel and made man and idolatry worship a focus of the christian faith. The man worship being the satanic papal creed falsely claiming to be descended from Apostle Peter. The pagan worship in the form of the ancient and wide spread fertility goddess as represented by the Madonna is a central theme in your pagan religion.

Can you explain why you bow and pray before an image of the Madonna , worship at the feet of the Pope and ignore Christ totally only to celebrate His death?

The catholic church is pagan and also a death cult that mocks the murder of Christ since the crucifix hangs in your pagan shrine as a mockery to a risen and resurrected Christ.

Heathen Pagan idol worshipper claiming Christian.

I didn't read your unintelligent write up. It will be a waste of my time. Write another one senseless boy. Lol grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by JewsAreSatanic: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

I didn't read your unintelligent write up. It will be a waste of my time. Write another one senseless boy. Lol grin grin

You remain an Idol worshipping heathen who is ignorant of scripture .

Go and say three hail Mary's and bow to her idol

Pagan

8 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MikeofAfrica: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

1. The reason why the Catholic Church has several service sections is because of her large population. Hence as the population of a Pentecostal church increases, they also have no choice than to hold several sections to accommodate their members.
2. There was no camera during the days of Jesus. Also Jesus was not a King or VIP during his time. Hence no one preserved his statue.
There is no evidence that the images in Catholic churches are really those of Jesus and Mary. Some of the images does not even look alike.
Moreover, Jesus Christ said that those who worship God should do so in spirit and truth. Hence we do not need images of Jesus, Mary or a Pastor in a church. We only need the presence of the Holy Spirit.
3. I agree with you that many Pentecostal churches have different view of the usage of oil and the taking of Holy Communion .
I think they can learn one or two things from the Catholic Church in this regard.

10 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by ScamHunter: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Those that know God truly are those that have rid themselves of physical appurtenances in worship. They worship him in Spirit and in truth.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parish Priest Sells Church And Its Land Leaving His Members In Disbelief (video) / Small signs to show The End Is Coming / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & His 2nd Daughter Celebrate Birthday On Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.