Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once (29284 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by NwaliE01: 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
femijay8271:

What country is that?
Australia. The truth remains that it's demanding because the work pattern is absolutely different. You're paid for every hour, hence you're expected to work every second, minutes and hours. Smiles but it's rewarding.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by femijay8271(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
NwaliE01:

Australia. The truth remains that it's demanding because the work pattern is absolutely different. You're paid for every hour, hence you're expected to work every second, minutes and hours. Smiles but it's rewarding.

Thanks for the reply but which one did u prefer i chose btw uk or Australia
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by StanleyOnline: 6:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Eriokanmi:
That's for those doing shady business. They'd face their comeuppance one day, leave those ones. There are many legit business you couid do and you'd be fine. I was picked up by a taxi driver at Thamesmead in 2026, a day after Donald trump won the US election. I was returning home from the UK. The taxi guy, a yorubaman like me but I didn't notice until we got to the central area of London. He just turned on his car cd player and I started hearing Barri wonder's song. I smiled and said, egbon( meaning brother) so you're yoruba but speaking phonę and looking like jamo( Jamaican). He was surprised too cos i didn't speak a word when he arrived. He knew where I was going after booking the taxi online so i just entered his car and he zoomed off.

In short, we started talking. He asked me same question you're asking when I asked him to consider coming back home to invest. He said...what business can one invest in sef, cos he's not been home for decades and he has no relations in Nigeria anymore, not even parents. I told him the business my friend was into. He had auto garage in lagos and soon to open the abuja office. He was so happy to hear that. I also told him he could come , do a kind of feasibility studies employ, stay a while and go back. He doesn't have to stay put here. He heeded my advice. He has 3 auto garage outlets today. One in lagos, one in phc and another one in abuja. See those oil and gas guys throng his garage in phc. I don't want to mention a popular politician here, a senator who is also among his customers he's a lover of cars. He had porch cars, very expensive. He can only trust his computerised auto garage for his fleet of cars. The sharp man included a baking station in those garages where cars can be painted and baked. He also added car paint lines to it. The last time we spoke, he's considering relocating here, to face it squarely cos he's doing well. He told me he'd include tyre business to it also, cos there are some expensive cars that can't use anyhow tyre. He's also considering automatic self care car wash. Imagine.

What do u mean by auto garage?

Car sales stand?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by NwaliE01: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
femijay8271:

Thanks for the reply but which one did u prefer i chose btw uk or Australia

Personally, I prefer Australia but I don't have any recount concerning UK. UK is also a beautiful country.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Eriokanmi: 7:53am On Sep 16, 2022
StanleyOnline:

What do u mean by auto garage?

Car sales stand?
Computerised auto alignment and balancing centre
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by StanleyOnline: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Computerised auto alignment and balancing centre

Oh

Like he employed engineers?

Or he is an engineer himself?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
NwaliE01:

My weekly expenses is averagely $350-400 including feeding, rent and transport. Sometimes, it goes below $350 depending on my activities ie if I use my car all through the week, it gets to that but if not, it's around $270. My rent is #140 per week, food is the cheapest thing anyone can afford. With $60 - $80, you will be fine for the week. Transport to work on public TP is $5 per day bringing it to $25 per week. Then few dollars for miscellaneous. So I can save more around 3-4 days of my earning.
You get it?
$60-$80 a week?
That means you are not eating nice food
Just be low average .

Because no matter the city or county you are the inflation is affecting everybody.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by femijay8271(m): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
NwaliE01:

Personally, I prefer Australia but I don't have any recount concerning UK. UK is also a beautiful country.

Alright, thanks boss for ur reply
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by millionboi(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2022
Emmaxy9:

Sorry to to say but this is a poverty mindset. You're one of the folks who believe that success or extreme wealth is gotten only through fraud and not through hardwork.

The same abroad you're talking about, there are young people, even less than 25 years, making good money, and buying houses. I know a 25 year old man who stays at Dubai and makes millions of dollars through information marketing. Change your mindset tho
Scam

Invictus obi come to mind
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 17, 2022
sulaak:

My opinion is that Nigerians are jealous, always complaining about Nigerians that have been forced to leave Nigeria to better their lives, when the problem is Nigeria's cultures and societies that have failed to build a functional economy despite being blessed with numerous resources.

Nigerians in the diaspora are not responsible for Nigeria's problems, look to the leaders that you support. Millions of Nigerians supported Buhari and look what he has done in 8 years of corrupt and poor leadership.
https://www.nairaland.com/7335349/abike-dabiri-many-nigerians-stranded are ex convict.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by sulaak(m): 2:47am On Sep 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
https://www.nairaland.com/7335349/abike-dabiri-many-nigerians-stranded are ex convict.

Nigerian stranded are not the Diaspora, these are Nigerians that are not supposed to travel out in the first place. The Nigerians in diaspora are the legal Nigerians that are allowed to reside abroad.

Nigerians like Kemi Badenoch

Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch (/ˈbeɪdnɒk/ BAYD-nok;[1] née Adegoke, 2 January 1980)[2] is a British politician serving as the Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade since 2022.[3] She previously served as Minister of State for Local Government, Faith and Communities and Minister of State for Equalities from 2021 to 2022. A member of the Conservative Party, she has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Saffron Walden since 2017.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2022
sulaak:

Nigerian stranded are not the Diaspora, these are Nigerians that are not supposed to travel out in the first place. The Nigerians in diaspora are the legal Nigerians that are allowed to reside abroad.

Nigerians like Kemi Badenoch

Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch (/ˈbeɪdnɒk/ BAYD-nok;[1] née Adegoke, 2 January 1980)[2] is a British politician serving as the Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade since 2022.[3] She previously served as Minister of State for Local Government, Faith and Communities and Minister of State for Equalities from 2021 to 2022. A member of the Conservative Party, she has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Saffron Walden since 2017.
As long as someone is an immigrant he/she dont have the same right as the citizen's of the country he migrated to even though they have their papers.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by NwaliE01: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

$60-$80 a week?
That means you are not eating nice food
Just be low average .

Because no matter the city or county you are the inflation is affecting everybody.
Smile. I eats well beloved brother with couples of fruits to go bye. For example a pack of strawberry goes for $2, a crate of egg is $3.7, water melon $2 and lots more in Sydney here. Food is very cheap regardless of the inflation. I am not trying to convince you but to correct the wrong impression you put up. Hope this is enough.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Godsownfc(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2022
Over to you people living abroad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Possible1805: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2022
Emmaxy9:

Sorry to to say but this is a poverty mindset. You're one of the folks who believe that success or extreme wealth is gotten only through fraud and not through hardwork.

The same abroad you're talking about, there are young people, even less than 25 years, making good money, and buying houses. I know a 25 year old man who stays at Dubai and makes millions of dollars through information marketing. Change your mindset tho

Forget na GEE, na agba loader
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Godsownfc(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2022
I think it not really easy all over the world

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut 12am Thursday - Details / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? / How Much Did You Pay For Transportation today?