Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once (29288 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by wethebest(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
E no easy over here. Who no go no knw. U wanna enjoy abroad, jst have solid skills with certificates nd experience especially in I.T and health sector. Even if the govt remove their tax, u go still hv something to flex bt those doing menial jobs won't bother coming home considering flight cost nd high expectation frm their relatives bk home. If u re an I.T personel, u will even earn more working remotely without tax i.e working frm Nigeria. The only tin in abroad is the basic amenities the govt provide whc Nigeria govt failed to provide aside dat, all man for himself. For those making it real big, most re into shady deals. Uk economy is not friendly at d moment bt i won't discourage any1 from coming. Experience is d best teacher.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Mindlog: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Even within Nigeria, there are people who have not visited their villages for decades.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by wwwihy: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Looking for Breakthrough in terms of

1.Decent Job

2. Marriage

3. Children

5. Papers

6. Wanting to be comparable to People/family in Nigeria who are doing well or even better

7. Transportation Money to come home

Home is always better...

Have your paradigm

Align your dreams with the paradigm

Set goals to meet your dreams

Identify your focus

Start small with the resources you have

Be good at what you do

Stay on the Focus

Be determined

Be Consistent

Forget about distractions

Don't deviate

YOU WILL SURELY BE SUCCESSFUL

GOD BLESS INCOMING PRESIDENT BOLA TINUBU
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by oluwaseyi0: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Bills and transport fare
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by wandebanks: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
U sabi as e dey go
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Rilwayne001: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
It is not easy anywhere. No let anybody deceive you oh.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Geenosko: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
SergeantTitus:
Why do nigerians living abroad fail to come back to Nigeria even for Important things like their parents death, burial, brother's wedding etc? I also find it weird some remain there for 15, 20, 30 years without ever visiting home even if na just once.

Dem nor get paper.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Bulldozer90: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
CaptainZubi:
Also Forget about all those if you earn $3k dollars convert am to naira na 13,000,000 monthly you go do this do that, buy land for enugu, build house for lagos bla bla bla

It doesn't work that way. Bills go collect up to 75% of that money.
It depends on how you spend.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
Those ones are struggling over there and there’s this shame tagged to them if they come empty handed, so it’s better they remain there and save face

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by RepoMan007: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Same reason they apply to go for years.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Phckface: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Obviously because of village people and bu- her - ry grin

Meanwhile an INSTAGRAM account with active Nigerian followers is up for sale with ACTIVE NIGERIAN FOLLOWERS (5k+followers)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Sablexxxtoons: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Its a sane society

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
SergeantTitus:
Why do nigerians living abroad fail to come back to Nigeria even for Important things like their parents death, burial, brother's wedding etc? I also find it weird some remain there for 15, 20, 30 years without ever visiting home even if na just once.

Na lack of paper

When u no get necessary papers, u won't come back na,if u come back,to go back there will be a problem and ur work(that's if u get genuine one o)is at risk..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by tuzle(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
I agree with what most have posted. If u are a single man with legal papers, it will still be easy for u to come home once in a while but when u marry with children and responsibilities pile up,. Coming home would just be like a waste of money that u are managing to u. After flight, u buy things to give them back home, u will also give people(friends and family that will come visit u) money, it would just look like a waste of money to u when u can easily send 1/4 of the money back home and everybody will be happy. Thank God for WhatsApp video call

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Edusouls(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
Because when u get to overseas the reality sets in, bills bills bills bills all the way, so overzealous and busybody youths take note

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by EngrKemp: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
SEXONLY:
ABROAD hard pass the way you are seeing it for TV especially if you don't have the required papers to stay there legally. You can stay 6 months without not been able to have 100 ponds as savings, UK for example. Bill will humble you and you will regret yourself. To enjoy abroad you must have a good skills with the right certifications and years of experience anything aside that na stress especially if you are above 40 years old.

Why over 40 years ?
Is over 40 years a bad thing abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by MT: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Some do not have legal immigration papers to travel. Some that have immigration papers do not have money for the trip to Nigeria. Some that have families cannot afford to come at once due to money, so it is either the father comes this year with one of the children and the mother comes next year with another one of their children.

As it is tough in Nigeria, it could be very tough over there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by iamsolasoul(f): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
They are not dog eat dog nations they are your side of the fence nations.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by myrrtle(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
SergeantTitus:
you know how much be flight fare. You think say if person go abroad they'll have lots of money. In some cases na 6 months salary person dey use run the to and fro thing to naija

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
Sometimes it is because job dey keep person busy.

One of my relatives recently came home for a visit. Visit was preplanned nearly a year in advance, and even then , he was still working from home online even while on vacation supposedly.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
90% of them can’t afford to paid for their flight to and fro they will prefer to send the money which will not be enough for to and fro .

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by rinzaugustine: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
When you live overseas you value your life more.When you decide to visit Nigeria It’s like you are on your own because department of homeland security and US embassy in Nigeria will warn you in red sign not to visit Nigeria. The news you hear about Nigeria daily is not encouraging as to risk traveling to Nigeria so it’s better to send your family any money they need and do those events in your absence or you can sneak in and out or stop at Ghana until the situation gets better. We left Nigeria as a bad country but now it has gone from bad, worse, worst to...The level of poverty and insecurity is mind boggling in Nigeria today..so many hungry and and angry young people who are frustrated with life. If the government does not do anything to address this, sadly you will find less diasporans willing to come back home and contribute to the economy of the country

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Flier: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
90% of them can not afford flight ticket back home especially the married ones,western world is rigged in such a way that they can make you live like Dangote and make you believe you are wealthy but the time you pay all the bills,you will be left with few dollars,you won’t even have anything left to send people at home,I am talking about people earning legitimately
You buy a big while earning $4500 plus wife salary a month
You buy a big car for wife
Big care for yourself
Children going to school
Everything on mortgages
By the time you pay everything you are left with nothing

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by NwaliE01: 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2022
Come abroad firstly to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Charx122: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
AdamuKD:
If na you, u go come back?

I dey heaven you say make I dey come visit hellfire?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by templeRun20(m): 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
If you don travel out make you dey visit Nigeria every weekend
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by ovie8200: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by NwaliE01: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:
90% of them can’t afford to paid for flight to and fro they will prefer to send the money which will not be enough for to and fro .

Big lie. It's not true brother. It's you guys at home that can't afford the flight. Exchange rate is favorable to people abroad. Convert your earning to dollar to understand. Our weekly wages abroad runs into million(s) of naira but not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Billygee2u: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
CaptainZubi:
Most of them no get money. No let anybody deceive you, obodo oyinbo no easy. The system is designed to make you work your black ass like a slave for someone, get paid with one hand then the government use another hand to collect am. Some people have lived abroad for 20 years but can't even boast of $15000 as savings. People who go there and make it big with riches they start building mansions back in nigeria are into one shady deal or the other. No let them deceive you, the money no legit. Usually wire wire, BEC, drugs, robbery and all forms of fraud.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once by Nigeriaiscasted: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
wethebest:
E no easy over here. Who no go no knw. U wanna enjoy abroad, jst have solid skills with certificates nd experience especially in I.T sector. Even if the govt remove their tax, u go still hv something to flex bt those doing menial jobs won't bother coming home considering flight cost nd high expectation frm their relatives bk home. If u re an I.T personel, u will even earn more working remotely without tax i.e working frm Nigeria. The only tin in abroad is the basic amenities the govt provide whc Nigeria govt failed to provide aside dat, all man for himself. For those making it real big, most re into shady deals. Uk economy is not friendly at d moment bt i won't discourage from coming. Experience is d best teacher.

What of those that studies Diplomacy, Law And Global Change?? Do they fare any better. Any respond given will be appreciated. I am applying for this into conventry uni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut 12am Thursday - Details / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? / Nigerians At Rigasa Train Station Buy Train Tickets To Avoid Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.