Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship (52473 Views)

APPLY TO 2019 NDDC MSC AND PHD SCHOLARSHIP / 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / Photos:Abu Best Graduating Student, Al-amin Bags NNPC Post Graduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2022
yyeskez:

I completely understand you... but I think there isn't any need to speculate or be theoretical, they have a number and email... just try reaching out, you'll get the exact same feedback I got which was "This isn't for Fall 2023 programs oh." Whether they'll end up being flexible that one is speculation... but they'll surely give priority to January applicants and such.

Besides, Sept 2023 isn't even available for countries other than the UK.
I may have been inclined to believe your submission if you had spoken with the Administrator General and not a receptionist... Pls read up my previous reply.
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by yyeskez: 11:16am On Oct 28, 2022
Japhet04:
I may have been inclined to believe your submission if you had spoken with the Administrator General and not a receptionist... Pls read up my previous reply.

Well, whoever the representative is... the person is being paid and is more knowledgeable than the both of us on the topic at hand. I think it would be unfair to just think that they were spreading misinformation. If NDDC can get back to us a month before our programs resume then I'm very sure January is realistic, especially for UK applicants. Meeting up with January is highly possible and with time to spare if they can roll out decisions maybe first/second week of December.

There's no scholarship that requires your offer letter for Sept 2023 (2023/2024 session) on God's green earth that ends application on October 30th, 2022. A scholarship program that says NDDC 2022/2023, isn't for 2023/2024 which Sept 2023 falls under. When I called the person specified January and May offers. It makes sense because May session is still part of the 2022/2023 session.

In any case, you should call them too: +234(0)9137806550... no fear they might be flexible in the end, I'm just trying to make you understand where I'm coming from.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2022
yyeskez:

Well, whoever the representative is... the person is being paid and is more knowledgeable than the both of us on the topic at hand. I think it would be unfair to just think that they were spreading misinformation. If NDDC can get back to us a month before our programs resume then I'm very sure January is realistic, especially for UK applicants. Meeting up with January is highly possible and with time to spare if they can roll out decisions maybe first/second week of December.

There's no scholarship that requires your offer letter for Sept 2023 (2023/2024 session) on God's green earth that ends application on October 30th, 2022. A scholarship program that says NDDC 2022/2023, isn't for 2023/2024 which Sept 2023 falls under. When I called the person specified January and May offers. It makes sense because May session is still part of the 2022/2023 session.

In any case, you should call them too: +234(0)9137806550... no fear they might be flexible in the end, I'm just trying to make you understand where I'm coming from.
time will tell smiley... Enough said.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Jadue(f): 11:56am On Oct 28, 2022
yyeskez:

I completely understand you... but I think there isn't any need to speculate or be theoretical, they have a number and email... just try reaching out, you'll get the exact same feedback I got which was "This isn't for Fall 2023 programs oh." Whether they'll end up being flexible that one is speculation... but they'll surely give priority to January applicants and such.

Besides, Sept 2023 isn't even available for countries other than the UK.

Thank you for this January info, I actually suspected january and tried calling them but the number wasn't going through. I dont understand how one can be arguing when the person clearly said he called the NDDC number and they told him it was for january 2023. They are the ones in charge and if they say january then it is possible but I clearly understand the other guys point of view because even me I just submitted january application but was 90% in doubt that it cant happen in january, well maybe we are about to be shocked that Nddc could do things quickly. Let see how it plays out ,hoping for the best for every one.(A silent nairalander).

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Crownofwealth(m): 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
Whosoever made reference to University of Wales Trinity Saint David, i sincerely appreciate your efforts. i tried and within 2 days it worked out.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by daupamonepeace5: 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
Crownofwealth:
Whosoever made reference to University of Wales Trinity Saint David, i sincerely appreciate your efforts. i tried and within 2 days it worked out.
You are welcome
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by So10: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
The funny things is I actually called them too, immediately the scholarship opened and they told me the same thing.
I told the lady on the phone that securing admissions for September 2023 wasn't open at the time which was true because I had been trying different UK schools for September admissions.
That's why I applied with January admissions instead but our Nairaland siblings started making me feel weird for using January. At the end of the day, everyone should do what they want
yyeskez:

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Ebuwonders: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Must the admission be a one year masters? The one I have is a two year masters o...can I apply with that one?
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Jadue(f): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ebuwonders:
Must the admission be a one year masters? The one I have is a two year masters o...can I apply with that one?
Just apply, but I think it is for one year but now I think it is too late to get another one.
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by daupamonepeace5: 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ebuwonders:
A two year masters is more likely to be classified as part- time which is ineligible for the scholarship.
Also if you consider the cost of living expense for 2 years of study and fees .
I think it’s wise to use a one year program.
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Ebuwonders: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
daupamonepeace5:

A two year masters is more likely to be classified as part- time which is ineligible for the scholarship.
Also if you consider the cost of living expense for 2 years of study and fees .
I think it’s wise to use a one year program.

As I never get admission for one year own nko?
Make I no apply at all? With my two year full time admission?
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by daupamonepeace5: 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ebuwonders:

As I never get admission for one year own nko?
Make I no apply at all? With my two year full time admission?
If that’s the case apply then . I thought you had options
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Bukachu: 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
For those that have submitted, which document did you upload for masters category.

I think that should be for phd applicants submitting masters degree certificate but I didn't see any options for phd
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Hoppeye: 4:03am On Oct 29, 2022
Please is the application still on? I have been trying to submit but it isn't going through. sad
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Zagee: 6:42am On Oct 29, 2022
If we can get extra 2weeks due to the scattered landscape it won't be bad oh.. undecided
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by mandavidto(m): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2022
yyeskez:

You can't submit any application without this guarantor letter... does anyone know how to get one?

Can i apply with sept 2022 offer letter? I have not been given a new offer letter after i deferred my admission.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by MrDeee: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2022
So10:
The funny things is I actually called them too, immediately the scholarship opened and they told me the same thing.
I told the lady on the phone that securing admissions for September 2023 wasn't open at the time which was true because I had been trying different UK schools for September admissions.
That's why I applied with January admissions instead but our Nairaland siblings started making me feel weird for using January. At the end of the day, everyone should do what they want

The admission is for September 2023 intake. I submitted my applications last night.....

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2022
MrDeee:

The admission is for September 2023 intake. I submitted my applications last night.....
leave them to keep drowning in self-denial... It beats me how a reasonable citizen knowing the Nigerian system of doing things will just decide to conscientiously make ineffective decisions and lose big chances in life.
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by MrDeee: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2022
Japhet04:
leave them to keep drowning in self-denial... It beats me how a reasonable citizen knowing the Nigerian system of doing things will just decide to conscientiously make ineffective decisions and lose big chances in life.

Hahaha....you're right. The logistics and the heavy financial deployment procedures involved in running this scholarship scheme is not a child's paly. From the clandestine verification of applicants, to examinations and in-person interviews, to release of funds and to reaching out to various oversea institutions for deliberation ..... no naaa, January would not be feasible, lets just be realistic.

To those still waiting for offer letters, I think you should have written a separate letter to the admissions committee, that was exactly what I did before I got my offer from Strathclyde just after 8 days of my applications. This will make them treat your case with urgency.

I am wishing everyone success.....make God hear our prayers.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Jadue(f): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2022
Japhet04:
I feel like those people who submitted january offers are not stupid neither are those who submitted September offers, it seems like you did not understand what so10 and yyeskez are saying. They literally called the body that organises the scholarship and the person clearly said january _may offers, what else do you expect that kind of person to do. He was even kind enough to give you their number so you can confirm for yourself but you want to keep on making them feel delusional, they didnt make the rules they just communicated what the spokesperson for the body told them.
Let's all just humble ourselves and hope for the best irrespective of whatever offers you submitted.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by yyeskez: 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
MrDeee:

Who told you this... did you speak to the NDDC people? Or are you saying this because, like everyone else, you feel they can't meet up with January? Please specify so others can understand.
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by yyeskez: 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
Japhet04:

If you knew the meaning of the word self-denial, you wouldn't be using it in this context. You're applying for an NDDC scholarship, they offer contact details for clarity (which you seek) ... I reached out to a representative while you didn't. But I'm the one in self-denial? Laughable tbh

Plus, it's not like I even said that Sept 2023 won't work. I don't go around making baseless assumptions or spreading misinformation. I haven't even said that January 2023 will be sure to work lmao.

I have only said two things -
1.) It would make sense to prioritize January - May applicants... because there is a time limit for January. So, they would most likely process those applications earlier. Besides, regardless of what you want to believe if you call them today, they'll tell you it's not for September 2023... this is even more of a reason to prioritize January people.

2.) It's not even a scholarship that requires that requires essay. Which means they'll look at mainly your undergrad school's ranking and your GPA. If they can roll out decisions (for just January batch) before 2nd week of December, we can definitely meet up for January. All we need is a letter affirming that they'll be sponsoring our education to move forward with visa applications.

That's all I've said. Once again, I'm hoping it works out for everyone. Instead of coming on here and making people that submitted January feel like they did the wrong thing, you should just hope it works out for everyone too

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by jorion(m): 6:13am On Oct 30, 2022
This room is getting verbose over irrelevant issues. If you have an admission for September or January and you applied with that, good luck to you...

Let's talk about something else. I did call the nddc scholarship representative and she said that the scholarship was meant for January start.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Megavel(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2022
jorion:
NEVER MIND. FINALLY GOT AN ADMISSION FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN.
I applied for Aberdeen on the 8th but haven't received any letter till now and portal is probably closing today. Can I apply for the nddc scholarship without an offer ?
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2022
Megavel:

I applied on Fri Aberdeen on the 8th but haven't received any letter till now and portal is probably closing today. Can I apply for the nddc scholarship without an offer ?

I’m sorry you haven’t gotten an offer, but you can try and applaud without an offer and see how it goes. Since you don’t have an option now

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Megavel(m): 11:05am On Oct 30, 2022
Yemi2017:

I’m sorry you haven’t gotten an offer, but you can try and applaud without an offer and see how it goes. Since you don’t have an option now
Ok then
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by jorion(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2022
Megavel:

I applied for Aberdeen on the 8th but haven't received any letter till now and portal is probably closing today. Can I apply for the nddc scholarship without an offer ?

I'm sorry about that... The waiting time is usually 4 weeks but i was lucky enough to get it in about 3 weeks. Maybe it's because I am a former alumni or they already had my details in their database.

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED OVER A MINOR SETBACK, YOU CAN APPLY FOR NOW.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Megavel(m): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2022
jorion:

I'm sorry about that... The waiting time is usually 4 weeks but i was lucky enough to get it in about 3 weeks. Maybe it's because I am a former alumni or they already had my details in their database.

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED OVER A MINOR SETBACK, YOU CAN APPLY FOR NOW.
Well I tried submitting without the admission letter but it pulls up a red flag on the letter section and doesn't upload. So Ig one can't apply without having it then.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by jorion(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Megavel:

Well I tried submitting without the admission letter but it pulls up a red flag on the letter section and doesn't upload. So Ig one can't apply without having it then.

This is just a thought, download a summary of your university of Aberdeen application and use that instead.... Can't hurt
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Venekconsultt: 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lol, sir I don't understand how "COMPETITION" comes in with japhet04 point. He's only trying to let you know that all the write up you earlier listed are "PERSONAL STATEMENT" or "SOP(as u said earlier). We learn everyday so you shouldn't take his point that far.
I agree with you that admission requirements differ according to sch. Personally if I'm not mistaken one of the admission I processed for som1 early this month, the school didn't ask for personal statement abi ba statement of purpose but most UK schools ask for the write up

jorion:

Bro, chillax. This is not a competition about who made the most applications. Each school have their own criteria. For this specific school, they requested separate essays for the above stated topics as well as the STUDENT SOP.

CHILLAX. TRY TO UNDERSTAND BEFORE DIVING INTO A DISCUSSION.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by jorion(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Venekconsultt:
Lol, sir I don't understand how "COMPETITION" comes in with japhet04 point. He's only trying to let you know that all the write up you earlier listed are "PERSONAL STATEMENT" or "SOP(as u said earlier). We learn everyday so you shouldn't take his point that far.
I agree with you that admission requirements differ according to sch. Personally if I'm not mistaken one of the admission I processed for som1 early this month, the school didn't ask for personal statement abi ba statement of purpose but most UK schools ask for the write up

If you followed the comments carefully, you would realise that he was trying to tell me that because he had applied to 20 different schools and didn't experience that situation, then I was wrong.. And that's why I said that this is not a competition of who applied to the most number of schools.

I was clearly being sarcastic about it..

Secondly, you don't usually need a personal statement to get a CONDITIONAL OFFER. If it becomes a necessary requirement, the school rep would usually inform you to upload one.
Re: NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship by Jadue(f): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2022
Please do anyone here have nddc past questions and also if you know reliable source where one can get , please drop link

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / Government Day Secondary School Daura Photos By Abiodun @felewire / Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.