Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62096 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by leef2022: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided

Sitting at home you actually doing him the favour to win,because his supporters would be out there voting.
Your vote counts don't sit at home and let it wasted.

Elections/no Elections, you shouldn't drive and cause danger to other road users.
That's why you have motorway rules.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by okwusdaddy: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wicked government
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
reddingtonblack:

i disagree on the the grounds that the only traffic offense in lagos without a option of fine is one way offense. any other offense you have options of fine unless you fail to pay within the specified period

you can visit lagos traffic offense portal on your mobile or you can post your own fact

I thought as much but was unsure cos I was thinking there's no fine option for using the BRT lane. That said, are you saying users of luxurious and more modern cars don't use one-way?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by arantess: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Be like I Dey go next auction if I fit see this buy for 50k
Illegal criminal

Na wahala you dey find so when them trace and finish you off

If you want motor, go car shop
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided
. AND WHEN YOU SIT DOWN AT YOUR HOME WITHOUT GOING OUT TO VOTE, OTHER UNREASONABLE PEOPLE WITH SHALLOW BRAIN WILL VOTE HIM IN, AND HIS FOOT ARMIES WILL END UP IMPOUNDING YOUR KEKE AND PUT IT OUT FOR AUCTION, YOUR VOTE COUNTS AND YOUR VOTE IS CAPABLE OF ELECTING IN A MORE HEALTHY AND A CREDIBLE LEADER.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by hollywater: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Una never see anything yet. Make Agbado Man enter,na den una go know wetin una use hand put una self.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Sonyboom765: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
Why does Lagos Task Force only seize old model looking vehicles?

Those you see are old model na 405 or 505
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by frog12: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
you are allowed to challenge the fines. these people maybe no pay or no challenge am. shame dey have to lose car they buy for millions in a country like nigeria. na why dem they cry

hope4nigeria:
even in US. Traffic offender will be charged to court and issue tickets to pay if found guilty, why is Lagos government this wicked, this kind of thing can cause crisis among people. So if this useless Tinubu become president, he will start selling peoples cars using agbero task force, that is war declaration.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Mexyz(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Those bidding and buying the cars are putting themselves and their love ones in great danger.
Can't imagine an angry and frustrated car owner whose car you bought come looking for you at home or double crossing you on the way.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Yemi7up: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin
E don set

Campaign is closer, they need money to buy votes.

Woe unto anyone voting APC in 2023
Woe to you.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by angelfallz(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Why not fine offenders and if they can not pay the fine, jail them?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by xperiencelove(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
I gladly support impounding and aution of Vehicles and motorcycles that drives against traffic. They have killed and given permanent disabilities and scars to other road users especially the pedestrians.
I will suggest they should also go through psychatric examination and if they good mentally, they should serve some months in jail.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by femicyrus(m): 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Blame the state house of assembly who came up with such draconian laws

U can't blame the judge for doing his job

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ComeToJesus: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
The forfeiture smacks of high handedness; a case of killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

How about giving them fines as a worst case scenario?

The spirit of wickedness finds expression in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=reddingtonblack post=116703383][/quote]
Your own obedient is not the one he was referring to.
Your own obedient is a questionable one with substantive lie lie
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by risingprophet(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lagos state government once impounded my car. I promised to track whoever buys it and kill the person. Luckily for them , they released my vehicle. If not head for roll.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by xandy84: 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
I don't like APC or PDP but it's norm anywhere in the world. If government seize your property, you either go pay your fine and pick it up or the government will auction it. The question is.. Do Lagos state give them time to pay fine and clam their property?

Sonnobax15:
grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Ayojb: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
risingprophet:
Lagos state government once impounded my car. I promised to track whoever buys it and kill the person. Luckily for them , they released my vehicle. If not head for roll.
you are a potential murderer. You better cool your head or soon you will be cooling your feet in jail as a condemned prisoner. What d Bleep will you derive from the person that buys your god-forsaken car? Oh you will start riding it again? You couldn’t buy another car? Your car is worth your life? Think

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by colon(m): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Honestly, Nigerians are difficult to govern.
In the first place, why should you break a traffic law!! Or you think the people who obey the laws of the country are stupid!!!
Abroad, when you break traffic law, in addition to paying a fine or having your car seize & auctioned, you also risk the chance of having your driving license suspended.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
nonny1212:
This is not good na.. on how you go buy car 3m, because of offence and government power, you are watching the same car being sold at 400k. Na wa o. Too painful abeg

Na d person wen dey buy am.... and d curse... hmmm
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

I thought as much but was unsure cos I was thinking there's no fine option for using the BRT lane. That said, are you saying users of luxurious and more modern cars don't use one-way?

Even if they do, they have standby resources to sort there way out off records.

for someone driving a range rover or exotics, would you rather lost your vehicle when at most you can't spend up to 500k to bribe your way out.

You can only find exotic cars at customs aunctions, buh that one requires strong leg plus scam full that way, even govt after tenure aunction exotic vehicles for very cheap laughable prices ... but naa dem dem things, real outsiders will never benefit

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Illegal1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin

u no see as u jst dey confuse urslf....

ordinary to obey traffic law dey hard u and u want a better nigeria....
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ChukwuObe: 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin
E don set

Campaign is closer, they need money to buy votes.

Woe unto anyone voting APC in 2023

Woe to your family and many generations to come if you vote for LP
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by SaRoofingscoy: 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
They do. When you fight officer on that patrol ur car may be gone..... I was coming from VI and GPS led passed via Mobil House to sandfil; Thou the road was dua line b4, but was converted into single land and GPS will still take tru there. My car was arrested and drove to Ikeja from lekki.

I explained to the officer and I followed them to Ikeja on another they siezed. Las Las I paid 80k the second day to free my car...

Millimann:
Why not impose fines rather.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by fcbelle72(f): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Indispensable85(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hahahahahahahaha................osondi owendi
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ernieboy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Offpoint1:
Very simple, trail whoever buys my car home and F him up with some caps.

You need a car? Buy from a dealer.
wrong mentality, ut problem is not with the nuyer nit the dtate govt that impounded ur car.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Cmanforall: 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
lagosrd:
Very very parochial and barbaric style In a modern day Ina very chaotic and rowdy environment.

They end up selling the cars at ridiculously cheap prices, and will not allow any higher bidder to come in.

Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction.

Give them the right of first refusal before you turn them into rags.

Sadly those photos show the reality in Nigeria and the government- Some are crying cry while others are smiling

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by rahij: 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa

If the ruling party know they have a formidable opponent and can be voted out, they won't be coming up with senseless and draconian scams like this one.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Fearyourcreator: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
chuose:
They should be fined like that TV not their cars sold for peanuts
Nigerians ehn... Una go say no law ... Wetin una want sef... My wife pass one way... Dem collect from her she wan dey cry... I tell no come here dey shout ... Sebi you dey always claim sharp ... Abeg no make noise for my hear ooo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.