Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada (16707 Views)

Truck Driver Drives A Burning Fuel Truck Out Of A Residential Area To Save Lives / It Is Impossible To Save $25 (₦10,000) Daily Abroad / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
Treadway:
lol. I know someone that... I have a friend that...
my guy what haven't you saved 15000cad in 3 MTHS, why is it always your friends or someone you know. Lol. Omo!
God bless you again
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
please don't insult me. I beg of you. Just prove to me that is it possible to save 30CAD in Canada and I will applaud you. Bring in facts and figures and not insult
Ignoramus is not an insult Sir. Go and educate yourself. Too many Nigerians are doing multiple jobs especially in a place like Canada where unemployment rate is very low

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
emmaodet:
Also, the west and 3rd world countries terrain differs.
Most Nigerians are employees or job seekers in nature. So most of the time, they are always seeking for jobs which is a wrong move in third world countries compared to advance countries.
If you want to earn well here, you have to be self-employed or have your own business which most lack the skills else running to countries they will work and earn.
If you have your own bike and drive here or keke napep or car or bus and you put in 18 HOURS a day while you live like a miser, you will make bastard money per month.
A man that can’t drive car or keke napep or work in mortuary in nigeria all of a sudden doesn’t see anything wrong in old peoples home cleaning their bumbum. Can’t be a taxi driver over there, can be a barber etc.
You finish teaching around 3/4pm and can’t open your suya spot by 5pm to 10pm again but you can combine job in abroad.
You can’t pick up a bike by that time and hustle to 10pm. You can’t decide to be a mortuary attendant doing afternoon shif till 10pm in nigeria - Ohhhh, I am crazy right?
Aside salary of 30k per month, do you know how much mortuary attendant make per day? Washing and cleaning dead bodies? Collecting ambulance contract per dead body, the clothes to wear the corpse? Then the corpse owners still tip him for taking care of their corpse?
May God forever bless you for this comment. Wow!! So many Nigerians are actually thinking and knows the real deal but just choose to be quiet. You are a wise man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ebubu:
OP keep consoling yourself for living in Nigeria.

Don’t find means to japa to America or UK and work 3 jobs.

Note I said 3 jobs not 1 job.

I’ve always wondered why my friends who go to US you will see their last seen midnight.They don’t stay up to a minute online, just come online, all messages are delivered, they respond to urgent messages, log out. You better reach them on calls.

Nigga comes back late by 4am, by 8am goes to work, finishes by 2pm, goes to another work from 4-8pm. by 9pm resumes Night Uber work.

Omo in a month guyy man don convert em earnings to black market rate and send to Nigeria without going through CBN rate.

Those people in abroad hardly have time because plenty work dey to do, and you no send anybody papa even if na to be security guard at midnight because absolutely nobody knows you so nothing like “you go cast”.

omo who no wan jakpa make e remain. fact be say multiple workers in abroad are saving decent amount of money.

now you see what I am talking about? Why don't we all shut down our Whatsapp and get to work three or more jobs. You don't want to be security in Nigeria but choose to be security or barber in Canada? What about after closing from you 6k carpentry daily work in Nigeria you go to your 2k daily work security in a bank(not adding tips in both jobs) That's 8k daily. Total for a month will come at almost 250k. Millions of Nigerians don't know it is possible to make over 400k monthly here doing regular hustle. All they know is Nigeria is dead and I must japa. Thanks for your contribution though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
i just laugh at these people. Some people go abroad go find capital they will use for business in Nigeria, Some go seek knowledge they will come use in Nigeria- NDDC oga na from abroad, Tinubu, Saraki, Omo Agege, Adenuga and many others na from abroad they come back, Na 10k daily this one dey talk about hahahaha. Shallow troll. Many of the rich men and averagely rich guys wey dey 9ja most don send their wife and kids abroad lol. The op better or smart pass them
I dey do two jobs currently for Nigeria but the two jobs no dey pay me up to 260k as net salary monthly. I wan apply PhD study leave for the government one, make I enter Canada hustle for 3-5 years, get the passport and get enough money to buy a grade A agency job in Nigeria. Na my plans you talk so oooo........
I also want my kids to have the option of a dual citizenship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
2022Frustrated:
Ignoramus is not an insult Sir. Go and educate yourself. Too many Nigerians are doing multiple jobs especially in a place like Canada where unemployment rate is very low
so obviously you don't have a breakdown of how much they make daily doing multiple jobs. Please help me on this one so we can calculate it ourselves. What is the per hour pay doing a menial job in Canada? I want to open your eyes since you can't bring in facts

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
2022Frustrated:
I dey do two jobs currently for Nigeria but the two jobs no dey pay me up to 260k as net salary monthly. I wan apply PhD study leave for the government one, make I enter Canada hustle for 3-5 years, get the passport and get enough money to buy a grade A agency job in Nigeria. Na my plans you talk so oooo........
I also want my kids to have the option of a dual citizenship.
please read my post again. I am not talking about office job. Majority of Nigerians in Canada do menial jobs. Even office job self most make less than 60kCAD before tax. I wish you the best in your journey. I am not discouraging anyone

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
so obviously you don't have a breakdown of how much they make daily doing multiple jobs. Please help me on this one so we can calculate it ourselves. What is the per hour pay doing a menial job in Canada? I want to open your eyes since you can't bring in facts
I repeat, educate yourself.
https://www.nairaland.com/6453577/motivation-demotivation-immigrating-canada-story/3

People are doing well...

I'd rather do security job in Canada and get paid good wage than do security job in Nigeria and be paid N40,000 with insults and an average person looking down on me not because of my pay but because they already have the mindset that security guards are nonentities.

Like ednut1 said, for many of us, it isn't only just about the money, it's the dignity in doing menial jobs without being look down upon, without your employer feeling your nature of job does not deserve a good pay, etc.

I laugh at your analysis of an Uber driver making N15,000 per day. Maybe in Lagos, but Abuja where I for drive Uber? LMAO. It only happens on exceptional days.

10 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hopefully our brothers living in Canada or even America can join the topic. I am not discouraging anyone from traveling out. I just think "majority" of Nigerians don't actually believe in Nigeria even if they are financially capable. We always think low of ourselves. That is one of the major problem hindering us from development

8 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
2022Frustrated:
I repeat educate yourself.
https://www.nairaland.com/6453577/motivation-demotivation-immigrating-canada-story/3

People are doing well...

I'd rather do security job in Canada and get paid good wage than do security job in Nigeria and be paid N40,000 with insults and an average person looking down on me not because if my pay but because they already have the mindset that security guards are nonentities.

Like ednut1 said, for many of us, it isn't only just about the money, it's the dignity in doing menial jobs without being look down upon, without your employer feeling your nature of job does not deserve a good pay, etc.

I laugh at your analysis of an Uber driver making N15,000 per day. Maybe in Lagos, but Abuja where I for drive Uber? LMAO. It only happens on exceptional days.
This is outside the topic as well. White people also look down on us and those jobs over there. I will wait for Nigerians in Canada to comment so I engage them. Thanks for your insight

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
In all, being a business owner/employer of labour will always be better in any clime ......Naija, Cana or Yankee.

Being in the tech industry........Omo, make I no talk ....
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Ebubu: 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
i just laugh at these people. Some people go abroad go find capital they will use for business in Nigeria, Some go seek knowledge they will come use in Nigeria- NDDC oga na from abroad, Tinubu, Saraki, Omo Agege, Adenuga and many others na from abroad they come back, Na 10k daily this one dey talk about hahahaha. Shallow troll. Many of the rich men and averagely rich guys wey dey 9ja most don send their wife and kids abroad lol. The op better or smart pass them

i actually want to go to abroad.

two things are on my mind

within 7 years, make enough money and buy an NPA job in Nigeria, or buy FIRS job with at least 7 million naira.

or i live and work in abroad for very long time, set up an exporting company in Nigeria. Retire back to Nigeria in late 50s, and keep exporting my cocoa or tea from Eleme port while earning in $ and receiving forex assistance from CBN.

the second one is more proper because it is a generational business, i don’t want my kids to wake up and be looking forward to a 8am-4pm regular work, let them be born business owners.

i can only choose first option if i miss nigeria so much or the country seems to be getting better, or is on the right track.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Pierocash(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
Not possible. Let me break it down for you. If I work as a driver in Nigeria from morning till night I should be able to make 21k daily for 8hrs. Take out fuel money of 4k daily that brings the amount down to 17k. Then I am expected to eat outside thrice in a day. Let's use 700naira per meal (which you know is very low) that's another 2k off. Then I drink two bottles of beer and end my day with 14k. Then in America let's work with your $120 daily after tax. Average meal is $10 so that's 30usd off. Unlike Nigeria where 2days hustle can pay my monthly rent in Canada you pay like $1,200 for a room that's like $40 daily. That's remaining $50. If we follow your calculation of $160 daily before tax that means such person is expected to bring in 48,000CAD before tax. That's like making 63,000CAD annually before tax. 90% of Nigerians in Canada don't make that money. Might even be 95%
you may be right to some extent
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
Treadway:
lol. I know someone that... I have a friend that...
my guy what haven't you saved 15000cad in 3 MTHS, why is it always your friends or someone you know. Lol. Omo!
I'm saving mine already, you go hear gunshots when I first you enter Canada by then you'll start taking your life serious
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Ebubu: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
2022Frustrated:
I repeat, educate yourself.

People are doing well...

I'd rather do security job in Canada and get paid good wage than do security job in Nigeria and be paid N40,000 with insults and an average person looking down on me not because of my pay but because they already have the mindset that security guards are nonentities.

if i get security work like this in canada i don leave nigeria oo. then once i lap, i combine am with 3 other jobs and collect 3 salaries monthly.

funny thing their security work will be soo neat and employer and passers-by will be so respectful, then compare it with how security people are treated here in Nigeria grin

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Ebubu: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ebubu:

within 7 years, make enough money and buy an NPA job in Nigeria, or buy FIRS job with at least 7 million naira.

or i live and work in abroad for very long time, set up an exporting company in Nigeria. Retire back to Nigeria in late 50s, and keep exporting my cocoa or tea from Eleme port while earning in $ and receiving forex assistance from CBN.

the second one is more proper because it is a generational business, i don’t want my kids to wake up and be looking forward to a 8am-4pm regular work, let them be born business owners.

i can only choose first option if i miss nigeria so much or the country seems to be getting better, or is on the right track.
2022frustrated what do you think?
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ebubu:

Wish I can like this twice. I currently work with a grade B federal parastatal. I no go resign my job. I go enter Canada, hustle just like you reiterated in your post. If I like I come back to my primary job, if I like I stay there, if I like, I shuttle both.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pierocash:
you may be right to some extent
Thanks. I am 100% right. But I will wait people in Canada to prove me wrong. We are all learning

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ebubu:

All the best. You will achieve more than you dream. Thanks

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Joey4321: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
I am actually talking about a single person. Please if you have insight can you breakdown how it is possible to save $30 daily living in Canada? We can start with their pay scale after tax

Haha.. I don't know about Canada. But for US it's possible working 2 jobs to save such an amount.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
I know you will ignore this link I posted.

That's a Nigerian in Canada earning between 110k - 120k annually. Leaving one job and picking up another at will. Even doing up to 3 or more jobs......

My brother, emancipate your mind.....

My older bro (not brother by familiarity ooooo but by blood) is with the Canadian Army and he earns above 70,000 annually.

You dey shout "let Nigerians in Canada....." but ednut1 just educated you, you still don't wanna learn. All the best bro. I'm done here

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
Joey4321:

Haha.. I don't know about Canada. But for US it's possible working 2 jobs to save such an amount.

It's even easier in Canada presently. There are over 1 million vacancies in Canada begging for people to pick them up.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Ebubu: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
All the best. You will achieve more than you dream. Thanks
this reply touched me sha embarassed Thanks. You too.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Blaxhex: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
Rozross:
You are so on point. Very correct
why am I just seeing the pic on your profile now cheesy

You're a bad gyal grin
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
leody:

I'm saving mine already, you go hear gunshots when I first you enter Canada by then you'll start taking your life serious
bon voyage!
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
Blaxhex:
why am I just seeing the pic on your profile now cheesy

You're a bad gyal grin
undecided
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Joey4321:

Then let me have your breakdown so I prove you wrong. Lol
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by BeanmanX(m): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
and where did they make the millions to go or send their people abroad? They are just trying to join the bandwagon. Isn't that what I was talking about when I said Nigerians don't believe in their country? Even if you become a billionaire in Nigeria you will still look down on your country and travel abroad thinking you are joining the winning league not knowing you are enriching them further. Then of course you have answered my question yet, I said it is impossible to save less than 10,000naira daily in Canada. I don't care if you earn 50,000CAD which 85% of Nigerians living there don't earn. Prove me wrong if you can. Thanks and happy day
Bro u are just extremely ignorant,,,,stop disgracing yourself blantantly. undecided
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
2022Frustrated:
I know you will ignore this link I posted.

That's a Nigerian in Canada earning between 110k - 120k annually. Leaving one job and picking up another at will. Even doing up to 3 or more jobs......

My brother, emancipate your mind.....

My older bro (not brother by familiarity ooooo but by blood) is with the Canadian Army and he earns above 70,000 annually.

You dey shout "let Nigerians in Canada....." but ednut1 just educated you, you still don't wanna learn. All the best bro. I'm done here
Sorry he didn't educate me. Now let's work with your brother earning 70k annually. Take out 25% for tax. Take out 1200 monthly for rent. Hope you know saving 30CAD daily is like 11,000CAD annually? I will add other bills once you are ready to.engage so you know it is impossible. Ednut didn't say anything but his personal wealth. I asked him about the majority of Nigerians in Canada and he didn't come back again

3 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
BeanmanX:
Bro u are just extremely ignorant,,,,stop disgracing yourself blantantly. undecided
Ok. So insulting me is your evidence that they can save less than 10k naira daily? You haven't proven anything yet so I am correct

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by BeanmanX(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Rozross:
You are so on point. Very correct
So u are selling ur body on this forum?...

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
BeanmanX:
So u are selling ur body on this forum?...
later you’ll say you’ve not crossed my lane, what are you doing now? You can’t take a joke but you throw words carelessly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FG Announces Free Ride On Port Harcourt-Aba Railway From May 1-4 / AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters / Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.