Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada (16706 Views)

Truck Driver Drives A Burning Fuel Truck Out Of A Residential Area To Save Lives / It Is Impossible To Save $25 (₦10,000) Daily Abroad / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by seunpinky(m): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
Boys no dey talk outside again.. na just few guys dey come NL come give testimony. 70% of my guys wey we dey play football don buy atleast 1 house and these are guys btw the age bracket of 27 to 40 years.

I don't know where they find all these statistics that (Nigerians) are not doing well in Canada.

ednut1:
grin hahahahhaha, Funny enough boys dey even hide all these things self. when i go renew my passport in ottawa in branched a friend's house, he just bought another house self heheheheh. To enter Canada now is even hard so this kind person self no fit enter easily, maybe na why he dey cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by seunpinky(m): 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
My friend you are now laughing because I caught you. But we can have booze together. No bad feelings. I am not ignorant and you know. Saving 30CAD daily is 11,000CAD annually. That's a lot of money my new friend
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
grin first time down payment in Canada is 5%. Why will anyone want to engage you. this is the second post i am writing that you are saying is a lie. Mr man your ignorance level is out of this world, keep hating while some are already on their second homes using the equity of the first home as down Payment. Abeg rest https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/toronto/article-survey-shows-new-immigrants-in-a-rush-to-buy-first-home/
ednut, your own link is putting holes in your story o. It states clearly the profile of these buyers and that is that these are people that have serious money, even prior to immigrating. and even stated a country of the immigrant as an example (The USA). How is this the reality of even 0.01% that are 9ja immigrants. The immigrants used in that publication doesn't mean Nigerians o. Also, there is also the talk of the highest being those who have being there for 20+ years(50%) . You are strengthening OPs argument albeit inadvertently. This data does not support your argument. Sorry

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
seunpinky:
Baba u get time ooo....
Me no dey argue with people ontop Canada migration, when I see such threads,I just waka pass.

This same Canada wey young boys/babes under 30 wey get sense don buy 2 houses within 2 years of landing in Canada, person go come NL dey talk about saving $30 per day.

This same Canada wey I don see 3 single male students hustle to pay their second year school fees ($15k to $18k) within 1 year of landing.

To every aboki him kettle.

@ednut1 u still dey owe me hang out ooo cheesy grin
This your lie can raise the dead. Two years after they come? Maybe you made a mistake and wanted to type 12yrs after. Please don't derail this trend with laughable lies. Bring evidence that most people can save 11,000 CAD annually

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
What is this obsession with trying to compare Nigeria and abroad or consoling yourself as you have no means to japa. So as an uber driver if you get into an accident is there any ambulance or adequate equipment ( oxygen, mri scanners to even treat you). You are driving on roads that are not even safe, with potholes and traffic ( reducing you life span and risking exhaustion). The amount quoted is not what the average driver earns in Nigeria too. You are also using official rate to convert in Canada if I want to send money home i will sell at bllack narket rate not cbn rate same for those in Europe and USA. So 30 dols in Canada is 15k while in the USA its 21k. In Canada i have access to loans like car loans and mortgage at less than 5% per annum. do you qualify for that in Nigeria. you are living in a conducive environment, with 24hours light, with lots of recreational activities, cheap food, no bandits and kidnappers you dey compare with Nigeria what a shame. the average person in my cycle is saving 2k to 3k monthly dollars, can take vacations and trips, enjoy good health care, children with access to quality education etc. something you cant do in Nigeria. All your politicians and elite all have their kids abroad with dual citizenship. you think they are fools Even first lady run go Dubai . In the Lagos the average man is earning 40k a month, how about show them how to make more money instead of comparing. Abeg make una rest.
Your FIRST Sentence got me laughing.
Please don't mind the OP.
Him want make some of us vex

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
This your lie can raise the dead. Two years after they come? Maybe you made a mistake and wanted to type 12yrs after. Please don't derail this trend with laughable lies. Bring evidence that most people can save 11,000 CAD annually
as in. Even natives dey shout ontop home ownership in Canada and how it is becoming more and more out of reach. But hey,he said it's 5% down payment. Eventually dem go pay am finish in a couple decades.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by seunpinky(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
Enter Canada legally then I will show u, shallom

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by seunpinky(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
Treadway:
as in. Even natives dey shout ontop home ownership in Canada and how it is becoming more and more out of reach. But hey,he said it's 5% down payment. Eventually dem go pay am finish in a couple decades.

Peace be unto u
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

If a person commutes to and from work, he can earn $30 or more a day just by offering a ride share to the city from the suburbs and back without even going out of his way. He can also do Amazon flex, Ubereats, or DoorDash for 2 hours a day while only working one job. I tip my food delivery guys well so one customer can easily tip them $10 or more.
Good. You are educating us but I want a breakdown (Annual salry, taxes, bills and savings). Maybe I should have said 11,000CAD savings annually. But that's same thing as 30 CAD daily. I believe people are offended when I converted to just 9,000 naira daily

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
grin first time down payment in Canada is 5%. Why will anyone want to engage you. this is the second post i am writing that you are saying is a lie. Mr man your ignorance level is out of this world, keep hating while some are already on their second homes using the equity of the first home as down Payment. Abeg rest https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/toronto/article-survey-shows-new-immigrants-in-a-rush-to-buy-first-home/
My good friend Tunde Ednut please read this as well. lol

https://habitathm.ca/is-homeownership-out-of-reach-for-most-canadians/

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by ednut1(m): 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
Treadway:
ednut, your own link is putting holes in your story o. It states clearly the profile of these buyers and that is that these are people that have serious money, even prior to immigrating. and even stated a country of the immigrant as an example (The USA). How is this the reality of even 0.01% that are 9ja immigrants. The immigrants used in that publication doesn't mean Nigerians o. Also, there is also the talk of the highest being those who have being there for 20+ years(50%) . You are strengthening OPs argument albeit inadvertently. This data does not support your argument. Sorry
try charge your phone, immigrants are buying houses is the koko here. i live here and i know whatsup . You are required to come to the country also with a certain amount of money before they give you permanent residency too, Go read it up

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Treadway:
God bless you for this. He couldn't convince anyone about saving 30 CAD daily he is now talking about the wealth of Canada like we don't know Canada is richer than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by ednut1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
ihatebuhari:
please don't reply the coward again. He's pained he can't travel outa the shores of Africa.

I live here in LA, I'm proud and I regret spending some years of life in that hell called Nigeria
you dey mind am lol
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by ihatebuhari(f): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
Why are you taking it personal and insulting me? All I want is a breakdown on how you can save $30 daily. Is that too much to ask for? Well so far for us down here in Nigeria nobody has disputed the fact that 15,000 daily is what most normal hustlers make. The ball is in your court to convince me and not to insult me
I'm sorry for the insult.

Please stop defending Nigeria, the country is in deep mess.

I beg you in God's name do all you can and leave Nigeria, at least not for yourself but for your children. Give them a good citizenship/passport

Once again from my heart I'm sorry. It pains me to see some youth on this forum still supporting old and wicked Nigeria politicians

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
you dey mind am lol
Don't derail the post oh. I agree that you are rich but I asked you about the majority of Nigerians there. You brought a laughable monthly bill of someone who just came to Canada in a week. That your bill is equivalent to someone living in a face me I slap you (Canadian version). You even left out so many things. Haba na, my friend
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
ednut1:
try charge your phone, immigrants are buying houses is the koko here. i live here and i know whatsup . You are required to come to the country also with a certain amount of money before they give you permanent residency too, Go read it up
sorry. I have no plans to have an emotional tirade with you or anyone else. I have said what I wanted to say, that publication you shared didn't strengthen your argument in the context of what is being said here ie Nigerian immigrant typically, unless you are still insisting that Nigerians wey land there in even less than a year are snatching up houses like it's Christmas candy, in which case well eni ti debt/risk ba ro lorun who am I to complain...but say onto that link? Nah. Shikena

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
ihatebuhari:
I might not have all the money in the world but I'm comfortable having the best a country can offer.

I put it to you the day you ever set your eyes on the beautiful city of Los Angeles you'll regret ever being born a Nigerian.

I don't blame you, I blame poverty in your life, be there calculating nonsense.

We have cars as family, good job, great vacations, wonderful family, what else in life? In about 4yrs my family will complete our home (mansion) payment, here in the city of LA, something your generation can't do

lol. I have seen your posts. Bile, bile, and more bile all for someone supposedly doing well in life. You don't reflect it at all. Find happiness real quick, even in that your fake life. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Hilariousthiago(m): 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
naijaboy99:
now you see what I am talking about? Why don't we all shut down our Whatsapp and get to work three or more jobs. You don't care to be security in Nigeria but choose to be security or barber in Nigeria? What about after closing from you 6k carpentry daily work in Nigeria you go to your 2k daily work security in a bank(not adding tips in both jobs) That's 8k daily. Total for a month will come at almost 250k. Millions of Nigerians don't know it is possible to make over 400k monthly here doing regular hustle. All they know is Nigeria is dead and I must japa. Thanks for your contribution though
how many jobs are you doing in Nigeria currently and how much are you making?

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Kenn55: 2:39am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
Hopefully our brothers living in Canada or even America can join the topic. I am not discouraging anyone from traveling out. I just think "majority" of Nigerians don't actually believe in Nigeria even if they are financially capable. We always think low of ourselves. That is one of the major problem hindering us from development

Instead of all these envy for Nigerians abroad I see in this forum, I'll rather you appreciate them. You guys try all the time to convince yourself that you are better off in Nigeria then that's fantastic.

By the way, Nigerians in diaspora sent $5.16b to Nigeria in the first 3 months of 2022 from their less than $30 savings from menial jobs as you said. Without Nigerian abroad remittances, naira would have hit 1k per dollar now. Read the news below and appreciate your brothers abroad

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/nigerias-diaspora-remittances-rise-20-3-to-5-16bn-in-q122/

8 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by BeanmanX(m): 5:25am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
You haven't said anything yet just insults. I said it is impossible for most Nigerians in Canada to save 10,000naira daily. That is the topic or rather question not how ignorant I am. When you bring the evidence them I will agree that I am ignorant. For now overmany hours later nobody has been able to prove me wrong
Ednut have replied u already... believe me I can't waste my time going back and forth with u,, it's not worth it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 6:26am On Sep 23, 2022
Kenn55:

Instead of all these envy for Nigerians abroad I see in this forum, I'll rather you appreciate them. You guys try all the time to convince yourself that you are better off in Nigeria then that's fantastic.

By the way, Nigerians in diaspora sent $5.16b to Nigeria in the first 3 months of 2022 from their less than $30 savings from menial jobs as you said. Without Nigerian abroad remittances, naira would have hit 1k per dollar now. Read the news below and appreciate your brothers abroad

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/nigerias-diaspora-remittances-rise-20-3-to-5-16bn-in-q122/
Nobody is envy of anyone. I am just stating the obvious fact. We also spend billions migrating there and putting more billions in their economy working there. We also spend billions here buying their imported goods. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
Nobody is envy of anyone. I am just stating the obvious fact. We also spend billions migrating there and putting more billions in their economy working there. We also spend billions here buying their imported goods. Thanks
you are a smart dude. I really love intelligent argument..and you have stayed the course, arguing with intellect and not emotions kudos. While japa is everyone's right, most don't understand that the japa craze is another major thing fuelling the decline of the naira. The demand for dollars which is what emigrants use throughout the process is overwhelming high when you consider the mammoth crowd scrambling for the dollar on a per minute basis. That is a fact! Another one which you rightly pointed out is immigrants, Nigeria inclusive are sharply strengthen their economy big time eg the UK and their UK study schooling scam. I just shudder at how much the schools and the UK gov are raking in on a daily basis. How many of their own citizens can shell out 15-23k pounds to go to those schools, even despite that they get subsidy for the courses, dem no too dey go. Immigrants naija inclusive dey shell out that 20k pounds like it is nothing, and we all wanna pretend that overwhelming demand isn't part of why naira is dancing skentele skontolo. But no, people will rather get emotional than simply have intellectual discourse, I wonder how these ones go write MSc or PhD dissertation with this one-way kind of thinking.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by emmaodet: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
edoman2016:

Somehow you are on point. I was amazed when i discovered an akara seller at T-Junnction close to my office makes 50,000 naira averagely everyday. This akara lady is a graduate of accounting. I then understood why she refused white collar jobs. There is money in Nigeria ohh. How many immigrant in canada make 50k daily? Canada is overrated and overhyped.

This is sarcasm.
I don’t know if any akara seller that makes 50k per day.

Canada is not overrated nor overhyped my friend.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by obaaderemi: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
Sorry you didn't answer the question. You said the average person around you is saving 2k-3k monthly (lies). Please let's stay on the topic, I am not talking about infrastructural development or standard of living but money. Even at 15k daily that's nothing to tens of millions of people living back in Nigeria. Tipper drivers some local restuarant in Nigeria average 35k daily but think they are suffering
Those are not in the average bracket. The average ones are the millions with no jobs or working for 30,000 naira. I know a restaurant owner in Ibadan who makes by my reckoning, close to #50,000 profit per day. I am close to her and I can see the kinds of things she does with money and her sons' school fees but in a country like Nigeria she ain't average. How many people are earning that much?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by obaaderemi: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2022
Treadway:
lol. I have seen your posts. Bile, bile, and more bile all for someone supposedly doing well in life. You don't reflect it at all. Find happiness real quick, even in that your fake life. Cheers!
grin Bad mouth.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by sokeril: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
You should have worded the question better bro- is it possible to save 11000 CAD annually in Canada?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Classickj(m): 11:17am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
good I like the way you break it down. Now I believe there is a 25% tax rate on that $160 daily so after taking that out what is your daily expenses and how much do you get to save? Thanks
So you are saying I have to pay 25% tax on that $160 everyday or just once in a month
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Itzlinda(f): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2022
ednut1:
i cannot have a conversation with some like you. Those who know me in real life from here know the truth. So mr man keep fooling yourself. i wont post my payslip for you to see as its childish, so bye and enjoy you Nigeria in peace. For those earning lesser they are still happy than they were in Nigeria. Money is not everything in life ,

Man thinks 2k-3k is in naira grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Itzlinda(f): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2022
naijaboy99:
Sorry he didn't educate me. Now let's work with your brother earning 70k annually. Take out 25% for tax. Take out 1200 monthly for rent. Hope you know saving 30CAD daily is like 11,000CAD annually? I will add other bills once you are ready to.engage so you know it is impossible. Ednut didn't say anything but his personal wealth. I asked him about the majority of Nigerians in Canada and he didn't come back again

If you are family man and your wife doesn’t contribute, it is impossible to save

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by AlphaTaikun: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

If a person commutes to and from work, he can earn $30 or more a day just by offering a ride share to the city from the suburbs and back without even going out of his way.

He can also do Amazon flex, Ubereats, or DoorDash for 2 hours a day while only working one job. I tip my food delivery guys well so one customer can easily tip them $10 or more.

How's it going hon?

Dayum... Your "internal radar" is a quirky "money detector." Lol.

That's one of the reasons why I
want to make you my very
"loooooong-term" Special Adviser on "personal lifestyle, legal, and money management"... Pro bono.

So yeah, just as you've said in your second to the last post on this
thread, saving is not an obsession or is a challenge for some folks in the U.S. (and even globally). But then it's NOT just about having regular daily savings alone, folks should be investing what they've saved because hyper-inflation erodes the value of what you've saved in the banks.

Investing in financial assets whose
ROIs far exceed the rate of inflation in any country is key here.

1stGenAmerican... Expect some
confidential email convos from me soon.

Ciao. wink

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by AlphaTaikun: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It’s very easy to save $30 a day in America. But no one here is obsessed with saving.
A-ha... *nodding my head*

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters / Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa / FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.