Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada (16714 Views)

Truck Driver Drives A Burning Fuel Truck Out Of A Residential Area To Save Lives / It Is Impossible To Save $25 (₦10,000) Daily Abroad / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:51am On Oct 01, 2022
Promises40:
okay u win, I loose, over 100 million Nigerians are lazy, it is very easy to earn millions in Nigeria and nobody abroad can save up to $20 per day...... Thank you
lol. Funny you
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Majesticniyi(m): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
naijaboy99:
Hopefully our brothers living in Canada or even America can join the topic. I am not discouraging anyone from traveling out. I just think "majority" of Nigerians don't actually believe in Nigeria even if they are financially capable. We always think low of ourselves. That is one of the major problem hindering us from development

To be honest, the only reason I'm replying this is to let some people who are planning to travel know they shouldn't drop their plans just because of your negativity and naivety. Typically, I just ignore such ignorance. Many others doing well abroad have tried to educate you here but you are hell-bent on not listening, so this reply isn't for you!

Your incessant noise that not a lot of Nigerians can save $30 daily is just childish and lacks basis. My wife is a known fashion designer and so we have loads of traffic in our house, plus she gets to visit homes. You'd be surprised how many people are living large! You think people have time to come here and be arguing how much they make with you? Those you'd see online are those complaining because they have refused to do what is required to settle them in well in these climes.

Before you say what about we ourselves, believe me...I'm doing well, extremely well enough that I do save that $30 multiplied by 10 daily (ofcourse done bi-weekly). And that's not bringing my wife's business earning into play.
Is it just me? No! I have people who landed recently under my care and they earn well enough to make your mouth water. Friends, colleagues etc too. Na who never reach another person farm go say na hin papa farm big pass.

Naysayers like you are the reason people travel with the mind of doing survival jobs all their lives. Is it easy here? No..but it's not anywhere else too. However, anything and everything is possible and doable if you do the needful. Plan your japa settlement plan well, research which fields are lucrative and how to maximize your earnings. People are doing well in the western world!

And before you think of asking me to do any breakdown for you or show you any evidence, I should just tell you now that I won't go down that lane with you. If you do come back to say all these is a lie, THEN LET'S AGREE IT'S A LIE!! You believing me or not believing no go change one single thing! I just hope those reading with the mind of expanding their capacity just know it is possible and doable...and many others are already living that reality!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2022
Majesticniyi:

To be honest, the only reason I'm replying this is to let some people who are planning to travel know they shouldn't drop their plans just because of your negativity and naivety. Typically, I just ignore such ignorance. Many others doing well abroad have tried to educate you here but you are hell-bent on not listening, so this reply isn't for you!

Your incessant noise that not a lot of Nigerians can save $30 daily is just childish and lacks basis. My wife is a known fashion designer and so we have loads of traffic in our house, plus she gets to visit homes. You'd be surprised how many people are living large! You think people have time to come here and be arguing how much they make with you? Those you'd see online are those complaining because they have refused to do what is required to settle them in well in these climes.

Before you say what about we ourselves, believe me...I'm doing well, extremely well enough that I do save that $30 multiplied by 10 daily (ofcourse done bi-weekly). And that's not bringing my wife's business earning into play.
Is it just me? No! I have people who landed recently under my care and they earn well enough to make your mouth water. Friends, colleagues etc too. Na who never reach another person farm go say na hin papa farm big pass.

Naysayers like you are the reason people travel with the mind of doing survival jobs all their lives. Is it easy here? No..but it's not anywhere else too. However, anything and everything is possible and doable if you do the needful. Plan your japa settlement plan well, research which fields are lucrative and how to maximize your earnings. People are doing well in the western world!

And before you think of asking me to do any breakdown for you or show you any evidence, I should just tell you now that I won't go down that lane with you. If you do come back to say all these is a lie, THEN LET'S AGREE IT'S A LIE!! You believing me or not believing no go change one single thing! I just hope those reading with the mind of expanding their capacity just know it is possible and doable...and many others are already living that reality!
There is no scarcity of money anywhere in the world. People make money everywhere and it might even be more easier in Nigeria. Thanks for your contribution

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by HaneefahRN(f): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2022
UK that does not pay as well as these countries sef, someone with good saving habits will save way more after expenses once you cut your coat according to your size. And what I love about these countries is you get value for your money, not Nigeria where we pay electricity bills for darkness and the still tax us for building a well and borehole when they can't provide us water.
Nigeria can be a good country to make money and live soft life but the predecessors and leaders have destroyed all that should make it a good country to live in with peace of mind.

Peace of mind wise, I have forgotten my bag full of groceries, my purse with all my bank cards and money in a busy mall and did not realize for almost an hour got back and met my bag just where I have left if intact, people were just passing beside it. Naija my country, one person that thinks he is smart would have carried it. Maybe it is bank alert that will notify me something is wrong.
I can't count the number of times I have forgotten to lock my front door. We have like 4 different doors we lock in my house back home including gate yet still got attacked by robbers, police were no where to be found.
The abroad however has tons of bad sides though.

Sometimes it is not all about just money that is why all the so called rich useless thieves we have as leaders don't have their children in the same rich 'country' they rule and they go out in their private jets to treat headache

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Backpedal: 12:50am On Oct 02, 2022
naijaboy99:
Good afternoon folks! The purpose of writing this trend is not to discourage Nigerians from traveling but to reveal some interesting facts that might shock Nigerians in regards to staying back in Nigeria. The Nigerian dream is not dead like most of us would think or argue. Opportunities abound here like in every society. Financial success is what most folks dream of both in Nigeria and western societies.

I am using Canada and America as a case study because that is where most Nigerians love to migrate to. It will surprise most folks reading this trend that 85% of Nigerian immigrants living in those countries are unable to save $30 daily. What is more surprising is that $30 in the US. when converted to the naira is between ₦ 12,900 (official bank rate) or ₦20,850 (Black market rate) then for Canada ₦9,540 (Bank rate) or ₦14,2200 (Black market rate)

I have noticed majority of Nairalanders are either job seekers or those with jobs earning between ₦50,000 to ₦200,000 monthly. To them the amount I quoted is very high and enough reason to Japa (the current trend) but for those who have hand work or into businesses, it will come as a shock to many of them.. A bolt driver, if we have any one here can help us confirm, is capable to making ₦15,000 daily after all expenses when you drive with your own car. Most 10 passenger yellow buses drivers make over ₦20,000 daily. The average daily profit for an average booming business in Nigeria currently is over ₦35,000 daily. Please note the word average. I know we can all agree that people who sell plumbing materials, cement, electrical gadgets, furniture, rods, chemist stores, truck drivers, woods, pipes, flour, bag of rice etc can easily make over ₦20,000 in profit daily.

I will say again that the purpose of this post is not to discourage anyone or look down on people living abroad, but to open our eyes to the fact that Nigeria is not bad as we might think. The problem is that most Nigerians don't believe in this country. No matter how much they make they always feel there is somewhere else better till they get there and find out the real truth.

Nigerians in diaspora can join the conversation and let us know if it is possible to make the amount stated ($30daily). Then Nigerians down here who are engaged in the kind of work I listed can also come and tell us their experience. God bless Nigeria and her citizens!

Three things

1) There is no such thing as the "Nigerian Dream"

2) Most Nigerians IN Nigeria are doomed to a life of penury and suffering; based on the structure of that country. That small room for the "well off" is very competitive to get into

3) The opportunities in Nigeria are not meant for most Nigerians by design.
Case In point : The highest paid CEOs in Nigeria are foreigners

Foreigners get the goodies that MOST Nigerians can only dream of

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by CountVersailles(f): 4:45am On Oct 02, 2022
Majesticniyi:

You think people have time to come here and be arguing how much they make with you? Those you'd see online are those complaining because they have refused to do what is required to settle them in well in these climes.
Thank you for your post. I've tried to tell the man, but he won't listen. Nobody has his time to be coming here and giving people breakdown of what they are earning. Most people don't even have the time. I know several people who are doing well, very well. Some are even on nairaland and are reading this thread, but they won't be bothered to reply or provide a breakdown. What exactly is the purpose? For someone like me, the amount of money I've saved in just 4 months, I couldn't have saved back in Nigeria for a year. And that's just savings. And back in Nigeria I was earning a very good 6 figures a month. But who has time to be explaining.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:41am On Oct 02, 2022
Backpedal:

Three things

1) There is no such thing as the "Nigerian Dream"

2) Most Nigerians IN Nigeria are doomed to a life of penury and suffering; based on the structure of that country. That small room for the "well off" is very competitive to get into

3) The opportunities in Nigeria are not meant for most Nigerians by design.
Case In point : The highest paid CEOs in Nigeria are foreigners

Foreigners get the goodies that MOST Nigerians can only dream of
Same everywhere. Even in western societies they are doomed as well to a life of penury. In every country it is 99% poor and 1% rich.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2022
HaneefahRN:
UK that does not pay as well as these countries sef, someone with good saving habits will save way more after expenses once you cut your coat according to your size. And what I love about these countries is you get value for your money, not Nigeria where we pay electricity bills for darkness and the still tax us for building a well and borehole when they can't provide us water.
Nigeria can be a good country to make money and live soft life but the predecessors and leaders have destroyed all that should make it a good country to live in with peace of mind.

Peace of mind wise, I have forgotten my bag full of groceries, my purse with all my bank cards and money in a busy mall and did not realize for almost an hour got back and met my bag just where I have left if intact, people were just passing beside it. Naija my country, one person that thinks he is smart would have carried it. Maybe it is bank alert that will notify me something is wrong.
I can't count the number of times I have forgotten to lock my front door. We have like 4 different doors we lock in my house back home including gate yet still got attacked by robbers, police were no where to be found.

Sometimes it is not all about just money that is why all the so called rich useless thieves we have as leaders don't have their children in the same rich 'country' they rule and they go out in their private jets to treat headache
Why are you guys now turning it into comparison of both countries? Are there not thieves, kidnappers, crime in Canada? We hate our own so much in Nigeria. Are Nigerian leaders the only rich people living in Nigeria? Are Nigerians not sponsoring their children to school in Canada where most Canadians can't afford unless they access credit?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Ebubu: 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
HaneefahRN:

can you tell us some at the boldened?
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by HaneefahRN(f): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
naijaboy99:
Why are you guys now turning it into comparison of both countries? Are there not thieves, kidnappers, crime in Canada? We hate our own so much in Nigeria. Are Nigerian leaders the only rich people living in Nigeria? Are Nigerians not sponsoring their children to school in Canada where most Canadians can't afford unless they access credit?

I don't have mind for arguement. Anyone that wants to japa and has the means to should do so. Anyone that is happy and flexing back home should gladly stay back. Abroad is not for everybody. It is for hustle.
Some people are making cool money without wahala in Naija, such should only travel out for vacations. However, many people outside are also living comfortable lives, saving and giving back to the society back home without breaking their backs with overwork once they can live within their means.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Ray07(m): 8:26am On Oct 04, 2022
alphabbey1:

Am telling u bro. UK Government ain't daft for granting visa anyhow...... The schools need international student money more than Nigerians think they need the school..... Picture below should let you know how bad things are over there at the moment....

Some of the Universities self have started doing promo specifically for Nigerian student.... Example is university of sterling, giving 4k£ waiver, and if you apply, within 4 days, they've given u admission.
There admission offer is still siting in my email that am never gonna accept. Ain't gonna spend my hardwork 17,000 Pound on an inflation infested country with many companies now paying below minimum wage due to the never ending aggravated inflow of people into the country, thereby driving up housing rent and lowering salary pay scale....

Its US or nothing for me. Make I pass this Ielts first
no wonder 2 of guys got admission there sharp sharp. And the fee was high.
I checked their hourly pay it was discouraging man. Na bad government the course all this Japa.

Nigeria is at a point of no redemption.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Brainboxman(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2022
Naijaboy, please make sure you read this.....

I want to admit you are doing well in Nigeria and in all honesty, I'm not even doing good, so I am not better - I'm currently searching for a job (I'm putting this out here because I need help)

So, I'm using this medium to persuade you to simply educate me on how to be better in Nigeria with a National Diploma in Computer Science and also get a job that doesn't require my certificate or post NYSC job experience of 7years that will pay me more than N30,000 (I don't want to be lazy)

Yes, I'll admit I am not wearing my thinking cap to know what to do to be better in Nigeria. cry

Please, show me the way to make more money in Nigeria and get me more understanding that I can be better in Nigeria, support me with enough opportunities to get better.

Please, don't just tell me what to do, hold me by the hand till I get better, prove me wrong that Nigeria is better than anywhere else.

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks in anticipation ✌�

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
Brainboxman:
Naijaboy, please make sure you read this.....

I want to admit you are doing well in Nigeria and in all honesty, I'm not even doing good, so I am not better - I'm currently searching for a job (I'm putting this out here because I need help)

So, I'm using this medium to persuade you to simply educate me on how to be better in Nigeria with a National Diploma in Computer Science and also get a job that doesn't require my certificate or post NYSC job experience of 7years that will pay me more than N30,000 (I don't want to be lazy)

Yes, I'll admit I am not wearing my thinking cap to know what to do to be better in Nigeria. cry

Please, show me the way to make more money in Nigeria and get me more understanding that I can be better in Nigeria, support me with enough opportunities to get better.

Please, don't just tell me what to do, hold me by the hand till I get better, prove me wrong that Nigeria is better than anywhere else.

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks in anticipation ✌�
The people who will never drive a cab, learn a trade (plumbing, tailoring, shoemaking) in Nigeria will jump at such jobs once they migrant to Canada, work round the clock doing many shift they will never do back in their country. That is a big answer to your question. N30,000 monthly is N1,000 daily. Common man, nobody can live on that in present day Nigeria. Even if you want to drink garri and groundnut thrice a day you will spend almost N1,000. The average money most people spend daily is N5,000 and that is even considered poor. Let's be realistic and stop painting our country bad.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Brainboxman(m): 1:53am On Oct 07, 2022
But your response didn't fit my request.....

naijaboy99:
The people who will never drive a cab, learn a trade (plumbing, tailoring, shoemaking) in Nigeria will jump at such jobs once they migrant to Canada, work round the clock doing many shift they will never do back in their country. That is a big answer to your question. N30,000 monthly is N1,000 daily. Common man, nobody can live on that in present day Nigeria. Even if you want to drink garri and groundnut thrice a day you will spend almost N1,000. The average money most people spend daily is N5,000 and that is even considered poor. Let's be realistic and stop painting our country bad.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Brainboxman:
But your response didn't fit my request.....

It did. Check again
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Brainboxman(m): 1:59am On Oct 09, 2022
If it did, I'll learn a trade from you or be your employee? grin

naijaboy99:
It did. Check again
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Brainboxman(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2022
…..
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Brainboxman(m): 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
naijaboy99:
It did. Check again

Now, it didn't and it hasn't
You've only tried to give theories.

I remembered someone who said something like this a long time ago here on Nairaland that he has no reason to leave Nigeria but came back 7years later to agree.

Unfortunately, you won't come here to agree anymore due to fear of defeat.

I rest my case.

Run your race and wish others well.

Best wishes......

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Wilson500: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Food for Thought[/b]
Most Nigerians abroad are struggling to keep their head above water especially those not in health,tech etc
Only few are not struggling
So don't believe the lies people tell on this faceless forum about living comfortably...they just want to save face
If you have the resources to leave Nigeria, better do because you will be able to get value for your money in terms of basic amenities and security unlike in Nigeria....but before leaving learn or have a skill
If you don't have the resources to leave Nigeria, don't feel depressed about it...just double your hustle and at the end of the day you might make it in a place everybody calls shithole

[b]Each
man for himself cool

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by cooooooks(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2022
Please is there anything like Ghana must go wheels or Ghana must go bags with wheels?
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by slydog(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2022

You see most times when I look at it I don't really see the need to relocate. Why cause if we look at it with the huge crazy bills and taxes they pay its not worth it .
You can make 40m in Nigeria today without paying one penny in tax of which reverse is the case there . if not for good standard of living, good roads,24hrs electricity,good medical facilities, raising your kids in a serene environment I don't see the need of going there....
It is the tax you are refusing to pay, coupled with foolish politicians in all strata of govt in Nigeria that makes it not worth it paying tax.
I'm in Canada, I pay my fair share of tax, I'm a family of three, wife not working yet but I save good money to buy a house in 10 months. I'm just in my 5th month in Canada.
Good roads, light has not gone off in the past 5 months here. My electricity bill is $71 per month, my provincial govt declared budget surplus and felt like help people, what did they do? Subsidize electricity bill for one year by $50 a month, thus I've been paying $21 a month since I arrived. Internet bill is $63 per month, unlimited internet we are not used to in Nigeria, netflix $10 per month, mobile phone $35 per month, these are the so called bills I pay monthly, since I arrived, car insurance $160 per month, all less than $300, aside rent. So I'm good and ok here. I have a child, child benefit monthly is $550, this pays off my so called bills with balance, lol. If you have the means to japa, legitimately pls do, no need engaging in threads that literally don't make sense like. Nigerians are rapidly joining the political system here, this Saturday I will join a door to Dorr campaign for Kaycee Madu, there is another Yoruba guy too who is standing for election in the same province. I want to start volunteering to understand their process and if possible one day contest for something. Like I said, if you have the means, pls do not hesitate to come. Good thing about it too is, your old parents can come and be permanent residents too and the govt will be paying them old age income of up to $1000 monthly, I mean what else do you need?

LoL, its My first winter here, I decided to buy live goat, 90kg goat for $450, slaughter am for everyday pepper soup.....

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by zubby4567(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2022
Coquinoqui:

Are you married with kids?
Me am married with kids
A medical laboratory scientist
Is there any availabile job
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:21am On Nov 28, 2022
Brainboxman:

Now, it didn't and it hasn't
You've only tried to give theories.

I remembered someone who said something like this a long time ago here on Nairaland that he has no reason to leave Nigeria but came back 7years later to agree.

Unfortunately, you won't come here to agree anymore due to fear of defeat.

I rest my case.

Run your race and wish others well.

Best wishes......
Fear of defeat for what? Victory is in Nigeria. It can't be found anywhere else
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:24am On Nov 28, 2022
slydog:

It is the tax you are refusing to pay, coupled with foolish politicians in all strata of govt in Nigeria that makes it not worth it paying tax.
I'm in Canada, I pay my fair share of tax, I'm a family of three, wife not working yet but I save good money to buy a house in 10 months. I'm just in my 5th month in Canada.
Good roads, light has not gone off in the past 5 months here. My electricity bill is $71 per month, my provincial govt declared budget surplus and felt like help people, what did they do? Subsidize electricity bill for one year by $50 a month, thus I've been paying $21 a month since I arrived. Internet bill is $63 per month, unlimited internet we are not used to in Nigeria, netflix $10 per month, mobile phone $35 per month, these are the so called bills I pay monthly, since I arrived, car insurance $160 per month, all less than $300, aside rent. So I'm good and ok here. I have a child, child benefit monthly is $550, this pays off my so called bills with balance, lol. If you have the means to japa, legitimately pls do, no need engaging in threads that literally don't make sense like. Nigerians are rapidly joining the political system here, this Saturday I will join a door to Dorr campaign for Kaycee Madu, there is another Yoruba guy too who is standing for election in the same province. I want to start volunteering to understand their process and if possible one day contest for something. Like I said, if you have the means, pls do not hesitate to come. Good thing about it too is, your old parents can come and be permanent residents too and the govt will be paying them old age income of up to $1000 monthly, I mean what else do you need?

LoL, its My first winter here, I decided to buy live goat, 90kg goat for $450, slaughter am for everyday pepper soup.....
You saved money to buy house in 10months or the money you brought in from Nigeria? Most Candian can't even save money to buy a house in 10 years. Your lies can raise the dead. It is 100% certain that you are suffering in Canada. Better suffer

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 7:27am On Nov 28, 2022
Wilson500:
Food for Thought[/b]
Most Nigerians abroad are struggling to keep their head above water especially those not in health,tech etc
Only few are not struggling
So don't believe the lies people tell on this faceless forum about living comfortably...they just want to save face
If you have the resources to leave Nigeria, better do because you will be able to get value for your money in terms of basic amenities and security unlike in Nigeria....but before leaving learn or have a skill
If you don't have the resources to leave Nigeria, don't feel depressed about it...just double your hustle and at the end of the day you might make it in a place everybody calls shithole

[b]Each
man for himself cool
They are all liars. internet millionaires

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by slydog(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2022
naijaboy99:
You saved money to buy house in 10months or the money you brought in from Nigeria? Most Candian can't even save money to buy a house in 10 years. You lies can raise the dead. It is 100% certain that you are suffering in kind. Better suffer
Noted.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by olalekan9320(m): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2022
naijaboy99:
You saved money to buy house in 10months or the money you brought in from Nigeria? Most Candian can't even save money to buy a house in 10 years. You lies can raise the dead. It is 100% certain that you are suffering in kind. Better suffer
Anything you like say, my friend landed around mid of this year and he is already saving more than the $30 per day you talked about , in fact it's 2000 cad per month
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Treadway: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2022
naijaboy99:
you know he is referring to a mortgage. Just leave it at that. It's not a lie, actually. House has been sold to him, albeit he has to pay for it over the next 20-40years, but house has sha been sold.

The interesting thing I want you to note about Naija ppl and 'follow follow syndrome' is that you'd be reading a lot of posts about landing abroad and buying a house in 6mths to a year. Na the latest trend be that. Never mind stabilizing/saving or building strong financial footing, na to post how dey don 'buy' house in the shortest possible time. It is happening already, on various threads here. Meanwhile in real sense u never buy house, na lender-borrower contract you enter grin, and the terms are dictated by the real owners cool.

Repo rates for cars and houses are almost 90%, jus saying. No be me talk am. cool
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2022
slydog:

Noted.
Good you noted it down. Bye and lie no more
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by slydog(m): 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
naijaboy99:
Good you noted it down. Bye and lie no more
Noted.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by ednut1(m): 6:26am On Nov 29, 2022
slydog:

Noted.
stop engaging these clowns lol. I used to but i realized most of them tried to japa and failed hence the bitterness lol. Almost all my married friends in Canada are on their second home. We are skilled migrants who usually take up high paying jobs the average person in western world is comfortable already and has different mindset from us. They see no reason to hustle or even save most times

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by slydog(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2022
ednut1:
stop engaging these clowns lol. I used to but i realized most of them tried to japa and failed hence the bitterness lol. Almost all my married friends in Canada are on their second home. We are skilled migrants who usually take up high paying jobs the average person in western world is comfortable already and has different mindset from us. They see no reason to hustle or even save most times

True, just gave him the one minute of validation he needs. My colleague who started working with me in August this year is currently building a house, not just buying, her hubby is into IT plus her pay where I work. Grateful to reach $120k household income in 5 months since arrival, we want to try to keep 3k aside for dp monthly and snatch up a ppty.
When I moved from Regina to Edmonton, stayed in an airbnb owned by a Nigerian couple who have been here for 7yrs, they said this was their 3rd ppy so far. Indeed Nigerians are making it here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa / FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier / Truck Falls On Car, Claims Three Lives In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.