Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada (16739 Views)

Truck Driver Drives A Burning Fuel Truck Out Of A Residential Area To Save Lives / It Is Impossible To Save $25 (₦10,000) Daily Abroad / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by lanresz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
My bad, I didn't check the link. the link actually shows wages for transit operators in Ontario. Giving the cost of living in Ontario, I'm sure they will be very short of operators at that rate.

1stGenAmerican:

I’m sure you’re right. $15-$35 is the starting range but I imagine that with any experience or good work history, starting salary is closer to the $30 range you noted. I added a link to the job bank that’ll probably provide accurate info.
Aside from the safety practices, the conductors seem to have an easy job and can go home at the end of the day as clean as they arrived. Am I right?
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by lanresz(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2022
Given the current black market rate, #100K is less than CAN$200. However, the quality of life of someone making $200 a month after tax in Canada can not be compared to someone making #100K in Nigeria. It is only someone who is extremely lazy that will be making $200 a month after tax in Canada.

internationalman:

And is it 100k a conductor equivalent job will give you in Canada?

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Promises40(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2022
naijaboy99:
in Nigeria if you don't have a job it is your fault. We look much into office job. People are gainfully employed doing handwork. Learn something and be productive. Thanks
oh really... I sha no blame u, you are probably still living under your parents roof or enjoying ur parents wealth
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Promises40(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2022
naijaboy99:
any Nigeria earning 30,000 is lazy and choose to remain in that state. Conductors following yellow buses make 6,000 daily. Please note conductors not even the drivers
Anybody earning ₦30,000 is lazy? I give up on you bro it is obvious u don't know what u are saying, So to you over 100 million Nigerians are lazy ba? SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Creamcrest(m): 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2022
Mumu op.

As tho if Canadian govt. dash him free visa he won't go.

You sufferhead mo'fuckers should stop creating mumu threads.

Enjoy your Nigeria with potorpotor roads,nepa power outages, kidnappings and herdsmen crises,poor air quality, human rights abuses.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2022
Creamcrest:
Mumu op.

Enjoy your Nigeria with potorpotor roads,nepa power outages, kidnappings and herdsmen crises,poor air quality, human rights abuses.

The occupational hazards and safety risks alone are worth more than a 100,000 Naira salary. Those who have never been exposed to job safety and security can’t imagine how bad off they are without it.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by internationalman(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
lanresz:
Given the current black market rate, #100K is less than CAN$200. However, the quality of life of someone making $200 a month after tax in Canada can not be compared to someone making #100K in Nigeria. It is only someone who is extremely lazy that will be making $200 a month after tax in Canada.

Exactly.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by lanresz(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
Occupation hazards, safety risks, and unemployment insurance is the last thing in the mind of an average Nigerian in Nigeria.

1stGenAmerican:

The occupational hazards and safety risks alone are worth more than a 100,000 Naira salary. Those who have never been exposed to job safety and security can’t imagine how bad off they are without it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2022
Promises40:
Anybody earning ₦30,000 is lazy? I give up on you bro it is obvious u don't know what u are saying, So to you over 100 million Nigerians are lazy ba? SMH
Yes very lazy. ₦30,000 is just 1k daily not even enough to feed Hausa and Fulani boys grazing cow or laborerers for a single day. Nobody should take ₦30,000 monthly when there are thousands of other means to make 100k easily monthly. Daily pay in Nigeria is 5k, hope you know? Plentiful of job will pay you that or even more daily but we look down on them but happily do same work in Canada. Most people don't even know what is happening around them. They just join the lamentation and wailing crusade.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 11:34am On Sep 29, 2022
Creamcrest:
Mumu op.

Please don't insult. Visa is just the first stage, after visa what comes next? What comes next is what I am telling you but because you know it is the truth you decided to insult me. Prove to me that 30CAD and be saved in a day. That's 11,000 CAD annually? Near impossible
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by bayobabe(f): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
naijaboy99:
They can't save it. I am even been polite. They can't save $1,000 after decades. Why do you hate your country so much? Nigerians can save millions easily right here in Nigeria but you don't want to discuss that. You prefer talking bad about your country. Change your ways. Thanks and God bless
Looooollll......they can't save $1000 after decades Don't you see you are sounding frustrated already? Hope no be depression sha

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by ramon212: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
naijaboy99:
good I like the way you break it down. Now I believe there is a 25% tax rate on that $160 daily so after taking that out what is your daily expenses and how much do you get to save? Thanks

25% of $160 = $120
so after tax the person goes home with $120 per day.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by ramon212: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
naijaboy99:
Not possible. Let me break it down for you. If I work as a driver in Nigeria from morning till night I should be able to make 21k daily for 8hrs. Take out fuel money of 4k daily that brings the amount down to 17k. Then I am expected to eat outside thrice in a day. Let's use 700naira per meal (which you know is very low) that's another 2k off. Then I drink two bottles of beer and end my day with 14k. Then in America let's work with your $120 daily after tax. Average meal is $10 so that's 30usd off. Unlike Nigeria where 2days hustle can pay my monthly rent in Canada you pay like $1,200 for a room that's like $40 daily. That's remaining $50. If we follow your calculation of $160 daily before tax that means such person is expected to bring in 48,000CAD before tax. That's like making 63,000CAD annually before tax. 90% of Nigerians in Canada don't make that money. Might even be 95%

leave Canada alone and focus on usa. you said average meal is $10 out the $120 after tax. what happens to the remaining $110. Give more break down how it's spent. because you smartly refused giving a conclusive report how the $120 is spent.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
ramon212:

leave Canada alone and focus on usa. you said average meal is $10 out the $120 after tax. what happens to the remaining $110. Give more break down how it's spent. because you smartly refused giving a conclusive report how the $120 is spent.
I did. Rent etc. You might have skipped it.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
bayobabe:
Looooollll......they can't save $1000 after decades Don't you see you are sounding frustrated already? Hope no be depression sha
do you want more verified links? Yes I said decades. I am not depressed. Thanks and always be happy.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
leody:

Some people wey dey there dey see pass that amount per day. I know of a guy here in Canada during that pandemic he saved 15000cad in 3 months. And na just students o so In short the op is talking bullshit.
Why didn't he save that before or after pandemic ? What kind of point did you bring to the OP's discussion...

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
leody:

Some people wey dey there dey see pass that amount per day. I know of a guy here in Canada during that pandemic he saved 15000cad in 3 months. And na just students o so In short the op is talking bullshit.
Why didn't he save that before or after pandemic ? What kind of point did you bring to debase the OP's discussion... I know people in Nigeria that started and completed there house during the pandemic...

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

Why didn't he save that before or after pandemic ? What kind of point did you bring to the OP's discussion... I know people in Nigeria that started and completed there house during the pandemic...
My point is its pretty much easier to save $30 simple..
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
leody:

My point is its pretty much easier to save $30 simple..
Na, baseless point if he can't make that before or after pandemic.....

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

Na, baseless point if he can't make that before or after pandemic.....
What are you saying bro ? angry People are doing 2 to 3 jobs and you expect them not to save $30 when there are jobs of $15/hrs, my monthly salary back in 2021 was my cousins 2hrs pay in UK.
is like you and the op something is wrong with both of you swears no quote me again o lol grin
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
leody:

What are you saying bro ? angry People are doing 2 to 3 jobs and you expect them not to save $30 when there are jobs of $15/hrs, my monthly salary back in 2021 was my cousins 2hrs pay in UK.
is like you and the op something is wrong with both of you swears no quote me again o lol grin
Get back to your message again. You didn't say $30 can be saved daily, you ignorantly gave a parochial view of an anonymous case of an individual that earned pretty good amount during pandemic.... And trust me, Am pretty sure your cousin is still below middle class in UK with the salary you think its big not being aware that UK cost of living is far different from Nigeria... Nigerians yearly rent is UK monthly rent. Not to talk of UK tax, it is crazy, very crazy.....

my Uncle's wife is currently earing 40 Euro per hour in Ireland, and even being an house owner, yet, she's still a middle class and cant even afford to take Uber to work often, talkless of daily coz the bill is crazily high to her... That's for you to know how crazy it is to be considered a rich person over there... wheras, if you can earn that salary in Nigeria which is also impossible, you will build a mansion here in no time... you won't be considered rich, you will be considered wealthy....

My point: I will still travel abroad, Definitely US. White countries will make u Nigeria millionaire regardless if you are considered average citizen over there......
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
The earlier some people realise every country's economic system is designed to keep there citizens from affording a rich life, the better you plan yourself well before spending fortune to school in abroad...

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

Get back to your message again. You didn't say $30 can be saved daily, you ignorantly gave a parochial view of an anonymous case of an individual that earned pretty good amount during pandemic.... And trust me, Am pretty sure your cousin is still below middle class in UK with the salary you think its big not being aware that UK cost of living is far different from Nigeria... Nigerians yearly rent is UK monthly rent. Not to talk of UK tax, it is crazy, very crazy.....

my Uncle's wife is currently earing 40 Euro per hour in Ireland, and even being an house owner, yet, she's still a middle class and cant even afford to take Uber to work often, talkless of daily coz the bill is crazily high to her... That's for you to know how crazy it is to be considered a rich person over there... wheras, if you can earn that salary in Nigeria which is also impossible, you will build a mansion here in no time... you won't be considered rich, you will be considered wealthy....

My point: I will still travel abroad, Definitely US. White countries will make u Nigeria millionaire regardless if you are considered average citizen over there......
You see most times when I look at it I don't really see the need to relocate. Why cause if we look at it with the huge crazy bills and taxes they pay its not worth it .
You can make 40m in Nigeria today without paying one penny in tax of which reverse is the case there . if not for good standard of living, good roads,24hrs electricity,good medical facilities, raising your kids in a serene environment I don't see the need of going there....
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
leody:

You see most times when I look at it I don't really see the need to relocate. Why cause if we look at it with the huge crazy bills and taxes they pay its not worth it .
You can make 40m in Nigeria today without paying one penny in tax of which reverse is the case there . if not for good standard of living, good roads,24hrs electricity,good medical facilities, raising your kids in a serene environment I don't see the need of going there....
That's why UK will give every dick and Harry visa at slight application.... Europe is an ageing society, study shows Over thousands of there citizens are retiring everyday. They need young bloods to come over there to work off there ass to generate enough tax for the government to pay pensioners.... You will work from your 20s till yor 50s and have little or no time to spend with your children. How u gonna pay house rent if you don't work....
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

That's why UK will give every dick and Harry visa at slight application.... Europe is an ageing society, study shows Over thousands of there citizens are retiring everyday. They need young bloods to come over there to work off there ass to generate enough tax for the government to pay pensioners.... You will work from your 20s till yor 50s and have little or no time to spend with your children. How u gonna pay house rent if you don't work....
You are doing well. The new one is giving visa to all the family if one of the spouse get a student visa. If the man is studying the woman will work 50 hours weekly. So you don't send money home they allow them to bring their kids down too so they can spend all the money there in the UK. This is not a favor. Sorry to say, more like slavery

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by naijaboy99: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Just because a person doesn’t ‘fall sick’ doesn’t mean that they don’t have an illness. The life expectancy of Nigerians cancels out your assertions that Africans don’t get sick. If a Nigerian conductor falls ill, does his job provide the means and the time off for him to receive medical treatment? If he is injured on the job, is his medical treatment, salary, and compensation to cover his injury paid? If his spouse becomes pregnant, are his spouse and unborn child’s medical expenses covered?
I didn’t mention anything about spending money on vacation, I asked about paid vacation days. Do they receive paid days off for rest/relaxation and paid days off when they are sick.
Are conductors in Nigeria guaranteed to be paid for every hour they’ve worked at the end of each week or every two weeks without any delays or excuses?
Are conductors in Nigeria able to be sacked without just cause? Are conductors in Nigeria protected against nepotism by the government?
In Nigeria we provide ourselves with those services. Those things you mentioned are not free in the western world. People pay heavily to access them (tax)

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by alphabbey1(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2022
naijaboy99:
You are doing well. The new one is giving visa to all the family if one of the spouse get a student visa. If the man is studying the woman will work 50 hours weekly. So you don't send money home they allow them to bring their kids down too so they can spend all the money there in the UK. This is not a favor. Sorry to say, more like slavery

Am telling u bro. UK Government ain't daft for granting visa anyhow...... The schools need international student money more than Nigerians think they need the school..... Picture below should let you know how bad things are over there at the moment....

Some of the Universities self have started doing promo specifically for Nigerian student.... Example is university of sterling, giving 4k£ waiver, and if you apply, within 4 days, they've given u admission.
There admission offer is still siting in my email that am never gonna accept. Ain't gonna spend my hardwork 17,000 Pound on an inflation infested country with many companies now paying below minimum wage due to the never ending aggravated inflow of people into the country, thereby driving up housing rent and lowering salary pay scale....

Its US or nothing for me. Make I pass this Ielts first

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Promises40(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
naijaboy99:
Yes very lazy. ₦30,000 is just 1k daily not even enough to feed Hausa and Fulani boys grazing cow or laborerers for a single day. Nobody should take ₦30,000 monthly when there are thousands of other means to make 100k easily monthly. Daily pay in Nigeria is 5k, hope you know? Plentiful of job will pay you that or even more daily but we look down on them but happily do same work in Canada. Most people don't even know what is happening around them. They just join the lamentation and wailing crusade.
okay u win, I loose, over 100 million Nigerians are lazy, it is very easy to earn millions in Nigeria and nobody abroad can save up to $20 per day...... Thank you

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Promises40(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
Omo Nigerians and their way of reasoning tire me, if they don't give them visa they complain if they give them too they will complain what is the colour of our problem? Did they force anybody to apply for visa? Anybody that wants to travel should travel it's their choice, anyone that wants to stay in Nigeria too should stay... We should stop all this unnecessary comparison.
What works for mr A might not work for my B period.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by lanresz(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2022
In as much as what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B, people have different reasons for relocating from Nigeria. I have asked many people why they relocate from Nigeria to Canada given their established careers and investments in Nigeria. They all have various reasons. The best is to leave each person to their reasons.

Promises40:
Omo Nigerians and their way of reasoning tire me, if they don't give them visa they complain if they give them too they will complain what is the colour of our problem? Did they force anybody to apply for visa? Anybody that wants to travel should travel it's their choice, anyone that wants to stay in Nigeria too should stay... We should stop all this unnecessary comparison.
What works for mr A might not work for my B period.
Re: It Is Impossible To Save $30 (₦9,540) Daily In Canada by Promises40(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
lanresz:
In as much as what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B, people have different reasons for relocating from Nigeria. I have asked many people why they relocate from Nigeria to Canada given their established careers and investments in Nigeria. They all have various reasons. The best is to leave each person to their reasons.
Exactly my point

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / Is Living Abroad Worth It? / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.