Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed (42915 Views)

Issue With NYSC Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by MARS1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Get your rent sorted.. you can get online to search for cheap apartments, say self con around mainland could see for 100-150k.
Then start up ur job hunt around sururlere, Ikeja, lagos Island. Btw you can get something fast or you can engage in petty business for survival. I'm saying this because lagos is tough.
500k won't get u one sack of provision if u want to start a provision store...

He's a Nigerian and have right of state migration and to broaden his experience..

where in Lagos is house 100k to 150k for self-contain?

3 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by adebwalex(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:
OK, as the topic says i have 500k in my account and i intend to come to lagos after service. Any advice from matured people here? I'm praying for divine direction but let me hear your advices.

Note: no relative in lagos so i'm starting from scratch with accomodation and all

You better relocate to Ibadan for better life start with that amount of money...
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by edungene7: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
OP enter Lag with yr full chest I advice u come learn an IT program/ course to give u more advantage in the labor market

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Keniwit(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hunger go don almost finish this one..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by zionstaar75: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

500k is to small to start life with in Lagos.
Develop your self more first.
how many people came to lagos with 500k?some didn't even have 50k so all these 500k is small is trash. How many of these commenting get 500k for account sef?since you're determined make the move but first write applications to some firms before coming in.the sky is your limit

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Luckydonalds(m): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2022
Apply for international scholarships. Go and do an advanced degree abroad. You can easily join the workforce in the new country upon graduation. This country has no plan for its youths. This is a brotherly advice from one young Nigerian to another.

P.S - Many foreign universities application cycle is open now. Godspeed

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by harmargedon: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
mecussey:

use 100k trade forex and be cashing out 6$ daily . Then go buy remote two plots of land with the 400k
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by bitbillionaire: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
Op, if your heart is in Lagos don't listen to negative people trying to discourage you saying 500k is too small. Follow your heart.

Lagos is to Nigeria what USA is to the world. You can come to Lagos without shishi and still become a millionaire overnight if you are smart.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by emmy512: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
please explain what you mean by "i am an online person."

Cos online people dont need to be in lagos

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by jamesbridget13(f): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
You have done well.
Not easy bro. If you can handle financial pressure job.

I suggest you start up POS business. If you don't know d business. Just beg someone around d area u live. Learn d skill for one month. Be humble n loyal to your boss. Resume on time. Don't go n be forming graduate o.

After d one month, get a low cost shop n start.
Before then use Google to get d address of moniepoint office closest to you, go there n apply for pos. It doesn't take two weeks before your pos is ready for collection.

You can be saving too from there to either expand ur pos business to other locations or you get another business n join.

I wish u d best bro

3 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Major7: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:
OK, as the topic says i have 500k in my account and i intend to come to lagos after service. Any advice from matured people here? I'm praying for divine direction but let me hear your advices.

Note: no relative in lagos so i'm starting from scratch with accomodation and all

I would advise you to choose somewhere else with less accommodation and feeding, then if you can invest in animal farming, it will fetch you more money as agriculture is the real deal. Chat me up if you're interested and I can show you around, walk you through the process without regrets
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by JoshTim: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
You will get 150k a room self contain house around meiran, Ijaye, Alimosho, and may be ìyànà Ipaja. With agency fee and maintenance, the total package should be 230k. So, you are left with 270k.
Buy Gas and foodstuff, let's say 40k.
From the 230k, chair and table,...fan, foam, fairly used 32 inches tv(you will find at Ikeja computer village, gotv). 70k should cover all these. What's remaining is 160k.

Don't ever eat outside,....

Make sure you are on LinkedIn and connect with HRs of firms and contact them

Don't carry girls....or don't be in a relationship that will drain you.

Save the 160k. You can enrol on Coursera for skills upgrade.

Everyday, have a Todo list of applications and follow up.

Read and practice job tests and interviews....

Practice speaking with confidence...

And you are good to go.

You can do it.

Come to Lagos but be wise.

11 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by NIGERIAJAGA419: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
Giver orphanage and you get back ✖️3 of it.

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Alaefulu(m): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

had it been you have connect, I would have advised you come to porthacourt and invest in kpofire, within some month you na alaye you go be
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by NaijaCover(m): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Start Blogging Business And Thank Much Later
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by zeekcom83: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2022
Oga if u will like to stay for ajangbadi very close to alaba. A room is less than 100k but na face me nd face you apartment. U can use 400k to start something in alaba international market. U don't nid flashy apartment for now.

3 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by oneMalik: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
The reason for coming to lagos has to be sated otherwise don't try lagos..... Lagos is not for hustlers but majority don't understand .

pls think !

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by kaymart: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
talk2hb1:

GOD bless you

What are you coming to do in Lagos?
If I could be posted outside Lagos (especially Ilorin) I did be glad. I will be able to save easily on transport, housing, and food. Couple with the Lagos stress, health wise. Make your money up country and come Lagos on weekends to catch fun.
U r smart....

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by NasMaleeq(m): 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2022
My own advise for is to firstly get an apartment in sub urban area on mainland
At least a room sef con. Around that side won't cost you less than 200k and if you can go for face me I slap you around 150k will do that total package
And after that, get a tricycle fairly used second hand tricycle (Keke maruwa) that will be around 300k to start first cos since ban has been placed on motorcycle that's another money ritual in Lagos for now and boom you are going higher
But make sure you know traffic rules ooo
Cos Lagos is not joking for now oo
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by juman(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
If I be you I would stay in my state.
I would return home, look for job opportunities in a month. Teaching job is very lucrative if one is hard working.
I would also be looking to towards doing marwa driving as alternative. You can buy marwa in instalment, you have initial down payment.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Angrygoat: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
Wrf. 500k s like 150k to me,real life
500k. U must be starving, look lean and wear fake designer imposter clothes
Wrf man. Fuc k.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SavageBoy: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
I don't know if the 500K was saved during your service year, but it shows that you are hardworking and committed. Do not rush to invest into any business whatsoever, starting and running a business in this current economic state is much more difficult than we think.

I would advice that you stay put wherever you are, don't come to Lagos yet. If you have a laptop, fine... If you don't have, get one and start learning a high paying skill, I'll suggest web development whilst still hustling by the side. After like 9 months to 1 year of serious learning, you should be job ready. You may then decide to come to Lagos, if you choose to, or stay wherever you are.

3 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
Na transport,utillity bills and rent dey finish man salary for lagos.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Eleyigidgan: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
RepoMan007:
In Jigawa or Osogbo maybe, but Lagos with N500k, the Lord is your strength indeed.

As for business idea. If you could manage to do maybe roadside food business because I can't imagine any business you will do with what's left of that amount after buying mattress, stove, basics and paying rent.
@bolded, you just said it all.
the basics alone supposed don consume reach 350k leaving him with 150k to start akara or any miniature small scale business

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by dreu2fine(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

go and look for a room and fry akara you will make more money
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
nurez305:
How ? Total alawi for a year is 420k, that is if you don't touch it at all abi you add kidnapping business to your own service ?

Like I said, I have an online hustle
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Nawttiboi007(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
If you’re the online person like you said, there are Lots of opportunities online that you can invest in but you juz have to be smart and you can earn enormously. And it’ll be advisable if you can stay outside Lagos where standard of living is fair and still open to opportunities, places like Warri Delt state. You can navigate well in that area if you know what you’re doing.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by anochuko01(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Cook up your resume and apply to Tek Experts.
You'll earn up to 120k monthly plus subsidized transport. You can do that and save up for 6 months, you'd have learnt and understand the city a little bit more. Then you can try those your dream jobs.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by ekanx27(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
i have 2 sure odds for you. play with 450k to win 900k. keep 50k in case the game cut, you will use the remaining 50k to learn digital marketing.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by zeekcom83: 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
Contact me if you nid help. Am a civil servant living in the same location. I stay in a room nd parlor self contain planning my life. U don't nid big apartment for now how to multiply to money shl be ur priority for now. Am so popular in my area I can help get a good apartment without any stress. I don't nid any commission from you. I just want to see u happy nd flourishing. The ball is in ur court.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by StrikeBack(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
Chelsea vs Acmilan 1.5
Inter Vs Barca away win

Thank me later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photo Of Zamfara Corper, Esi Uwakwe Who Was Beaten & Slapped By Police / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / 2017 NYSC Batch B Stream 1 Call Up Letters Are Out. Indicate Your State Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.