Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed (43025 Views)

Next Step with NYSC 2023: NYSC Supergroup / Issue With NYSC Dashboard / Corper Rocks Super Eagles Jersey With NYSC Khaki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Blesseddan810(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hmm
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by geunik(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:
OK, as the topic says i have 500k in my account and i intend to come to lagos after service. Any advice from matured people here? I'm praying for divine direction but let me hear your advices.

Note: no relative in lagos so i'm starting from scratch with accomodation and all
Come to askirt of Lagos mainland and get yourself a single apartment which can go for 50k yearly and 50k for agent fees.
Get yourself a small shop in a busy location. That can cost you up to 100k yearly and 100k fir agent fees. Start doing business.
use the balance with you (about 200k). You can sell clothes, do pos business together. Or you can choose other business.
But you can only achieve the above if you already have house properties like gas cooker and plate's. If not, the money will only get you accomodation and money to buy basics of house properties and feeding for like two months before you get a decent job
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Eleyigidgan: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
nurez305:
How ? Total alawi for a year is 420k, that is if you don't touch it at all abi you add kidnapping business to your own service ?
and it's not possible to save the whole allawee abi how he take come eat and survive?
lol
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Favourchris:

U should have used your nysc year to secure a scholarship and japa.. trust me best decision u would have made...

Too much uncertainty here

Scholarship is in view but ASUU is making it impossible for now. It’s on plan, and God will make uit succeed in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by oluwafynest(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
C

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Thanks, I will. As for survival, I'm an online type of guy so I don't really need to stress going out to look for something to do. I can sort myself out in that area. Thanks for the advice
if you are an online type then remain where you are.if you are into yahoo dont come.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
Lvgirl:

Male or female

If male continue Ur yahoo

Ife female continue hoeing

I’m male and I don’t do yahoo. Let’s not make this complicated already

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by door2(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
Where is ur location?
Sex?
Wht ar u good @?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Electrochemistry(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
Move to areas where cost of living is lower. Cities like Ibadan, Ilorin,... where you can start a small business. In these areas accommodation can be as low as 50k per year and transportation cost is almost nothing.

You sound like an accounting graduate so I believe with your knowledge and discipline, you can scale up your business quickly. While doing that continue to hunt for job.

The cost of living in Lagos is too high and considering inflation, that money will be depleted in no time and am sure you won't like your hard earned money to vanish. So I will advise you to move to low brow areas.

Rent a shop in a good location from the money. The rest may not be much. So you can arrange for consignments from established businesses to stock your shop.

If you know your onion you may even lose interest in your job hunt.

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by lavylilly: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:
OK, as the topic says i have 500k in my account and i intend to come to lagos after service. Any advice from matured people here? I'm praying for divine direction but let me hear your advices.

Note: no relative in lagos so i'm starting from scratch with accomodation and all
With this amount you can double it before the end of the year

Shop rent 30k
Generator 120
Capital to buy food stuffs 300,000
People will always eat, in war, in recession or lockdowns. Think about it
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by dangoteinlaw: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
With 500k don't near lagos
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Zealoy(m): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
Oga house rent in the mainland is #200k for 1room self contained, agent and agreement #100k, causion fees #10k, camp gas cooker #10k, plates and set of pots #10k, curtain for the room #20k, small mattress #60k, standing fan #15k, this are the basic things u need, so u see #500k ain't enough for u to start life over here in lagos state bro! Wen u don't have anyone who can accommodate u for sometime, and also cost of living over here in Lagos is damn too expensive couple with the high cost of transportation,
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by lavylilly: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
oluwafynest:
Currently looking for a roomie. I stay in a room n parlour self con for bariga(350k)..if you are interested. Chat me up 08105240581
don't get a room mate you are an adult, stay alone save up for your rent monthly.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by ThekingandI: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Whatever you do ignore that money for at least 6 months. If you have accomodation in Lagos, hit any of the market clusters that does something your interested in, eg. Computer village for IT, ASPAMDA/trade fair for perfumes, mushin for printing, ladipo for auto parts etc. Resume there everyday for 6 months after 1 year, you'll buy venza.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
jamesbridget13:
You have done well.
Not easy bro. If you can handle financial pressure job.

I suggest you start up POS business. If you don't know d business. Just beg someone around d area u live. Learn d skill for one month. Be humble n loyal to your boss. Resume on time. Don't go n be forming graduate o.

After d one month, get a low cost shop n start.
Before then use Google to get d address of moniepoint office closest to you, go there n apply for pos. It doesn't take two weeks before your pos is ready for collection.

You can be saving too from there to either expand ur pos business to other locations or you get another business n join.

I wish u d best bro

POS is out of it. I’m a first class graduate e and I want to put that in use in good firms. Now I’m not saying this out of pride but even if I want to do something I have something to fall back on already, which is my online hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Eleyigidgan: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
harmargedon:
to enter Lagos easy, nah to go back nah there wahala dey. You see all dem happy faces you see in Lagos, ain't no Body happy son. Lagos will suck you dry of all you've saved and send you beggn' for money to go back. Let me analyse it for you.

You wanna live comfortable yes, so you'll get a room self contained for minimum of 150k yearly, agreement and commission will cost another 100k so 250 in total.
You're gonna wanna furniture yes, so you get a mattress 80k, you gonna paint 10-15k, you wanna get your stuff for cooking, gas and the rest, we'll budget for a minimum of 35k. You'll fill your 6kg gas for 5400. You'll sure get hungry boy, so you'll need food stuffs about 25k.
How much is left on you 95k. Then the month ends and dem nosey neighbours call you out for dem bills, lawma, EKDC, and other dumbass bills. You sure will buy data, girls gonna give you attention, sweet boy in the hood.
You forgot transportation, traffic, bus dragging, pocket picking.
Son, you ain't gonna survive two months in the streets of Lagos. grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Focusmind: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

I get your point but I love the corporate world and I have my eyes set on some companies that are only located in Lagos.

Big 4 audit firms, management consulting firms, investment banking firms and oil and gas firms are concentrated in Lagos, when I get into them I will start processing my japa dream having gained experience in them. You see why I want to go there now....

Hope you have minimum of 2.1 and have strong aptitude for numbers because the first three organisations you mentioned up there don't take any thing below 2.1?? All the best.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by deji17: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Why Lagos? The place is already congested. Try Anambra state. I heard Peter Obi transformed the state. The place is good to settle and make a living there.

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by jerryforgood: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
What you need to do with your money is depending on your skills.

If you intend to come to Lagos to look for job, then your small 500k would be absorbed in less than 3 months. Be in a place you're guaranteed free accommodation. Like you can stay with your family.

If you can do photography it would be a great idea. Buy camera of 140k buy a laptop, it can be fairly used but at least 6gig ram. I think that can go for 70k to 90k. Buy photo printer which can be for 35k. Learn video and photos editing. They're not hard.

Use the rest to buy tailoring machine and sew clothes. Learn, learn, learn.

Don't forget: life is hard in Nigeria of today, so beware of the followings,
1. Flexing your money with street girls.
2. Bitcoin.
3. Bet naija.
4. Renting shop.
5. Renting house when you have free accommodation option to hustle.
6. Giving money anyhow to friends, no body go help you when you go broke.
7. Religious donations, dues or contributions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Philxx: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Brother, 500k is too little. You can't survive in Lagos with just 500k. I finished my NYSC in 2013 and saved between 200-250k. I came to Lagos with the hope that I would quickly get a job but I exhausted that money within few months on transportation.. I was even staying with my sister then. So plan very well. You mustn't be in lagos to get a job in Lagos. Go online and apply for jobs. Send your CV to your working class friends and family members let them help apply to their organisations. Don't come and waste your 500k in Lagos unless you have a backup up plan.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Zealoy(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
lavylilly:
With this amount you can double it before the end of the year

Shop rent 30k
Generator 120
Capital to buy food stuffs 300,000
People will always eat, in war, in recession or lockdowns. Think about it
where u go see shop for #30k in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SPAMBOX7: 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

If you are coming to Lagos to work then I'd advise you remain where you are or find another state like PH.
Cos minus accommodation 500k in Lagos is change it won't last you up to 3 months sef. Harsh fact
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Fadafada231(m): 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
tamcamp253:
If you saved up the 500k legitimately then continue doing what gave you that and focus more on the hustle, my advice try traveling abroad to further education and hustle too, your 500k for Lagos no go go far ooo If you no sabi Lagos
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Eleyigidgan: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2022
NIGERIAJAGA419:
Giver orphanage and you get back ✖️3 of it.
how Will he get it back?
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Chibyike(m): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

I can help with with look for suitable accommodate for mainland but I leave around badagry expressway if you like that side.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2022
Focusmind:

Hope you have minimum of 2.1 and have strong aptitude for numbers because the first three organisations you mentioned up there don't take any thing below 2.1?? All the best.

I’m a first class graduate

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Prazo1: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
mecussey:

use 100k trade forex and be cashing out 6$ daily . Then go buy remote two plots of land with the 400k

For where abeg them sell the plot of land 400k
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Ebelelivinston: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
My humble advice!Flee from women,don't just stay but Flee from them.Dont go to Lagos,look around u, theirs what u could start doing.Dont look for expensive accommodation nor carry yourself big.

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by dangoteinlaw: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2022
bitbillionaire:
Op, if your heart is in Lagos don't listen to negative people trying to discourage you saying 500k is too small. Follow your heart.

Lagos is to Nigeria what USA is to the world. You can come to Lagos without shishi and still become a millionaire overnight if you are smart.
what are u saying, should I show you my account debits alert the last 5days? If he tries it with 500k body go tell am. By the time light bill and feeding removes 100k let me know what's left

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Babastrong(m): 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2022
[quote author=Graceypete0 post=116955031]Nice you were able to save
Please patronise me
It's legit[ Your contact?]
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Lvgirl: 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

I’m male and I don’t do yahoo. Let’s not make this complicated already

I will advise you learn a digital skill
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by mecussey(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
Prazo1:

For where abeg them sell the plot of land 400k

Make I share one secret....use Google earth, locate the green areas close to the brown areas. Go to that village and buy people farms. You go even get 150k land. You dont know how desperate people need money. E no go pass ten years, the green area will turn to brown and a plot will become five million.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Corpers Punished For Waking Up Late / NYSC 2019 Batch C Official Mobilization Timetable Is Out / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.