Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed (42933 Views)

Issue With NYSC Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by CaptainFM1: 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
Don't listen to money doublers! They usually come in different formats (Real Estate, Fx trading, product selling, thrifts et.al)
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by acemiliano(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
mecussey:

use 100k trade forex and be cashing out 6$ daily . Then go buy remote two plots of land with the 400k

Oga, I need some guide lines on how to venture into Forex, like you said.
Can I have your contact?
Or you could send your contact,to my email
(cchukwuemeka2015@gmail.com)
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Onucs(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
The last place u shud sought this type of advice is on nairaland. LOL

Listen brah, there r people in Lagos rn that don't even half of that amount and they are still living. If you are sure what u r going there to pursue will pay out, then I don't see any reason why you shud not follow your heart.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by walexpal(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Well, I love the corporate world and I have my eyes set on some companies that are only located in Lagos.

Big 4 audit firms, management consulting firms, investment banking firms and oil and gas firms are concentrated in Lagos. You see why I want to go there now....

What is your class of degree? If you made 2.1. Send your CV to walexpal@yahoo.com. Mention in your email that you are from Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
Onucs:
The last place u shud sought this type of advice is on nairaland. LOL

Listen brah, there people in Lagos rn that don't even half of that amount and they are still living. If you are sure what go there to pursue will pay out, then I dont see any reason why you shud not follow your heart.

Like I’m even regretting why I brought the topic to Nairaland self. Anyway, I’ll figure it out. Thanks
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
walexpal:

What is your class of degree? If you made 2.1. Send your CV to walexpal@yahoo.com. Mentioned on your email that from Nairaland.

First class degreee in a management related course
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Johnboom: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:
OK, as the topic says i have 500k in my account and i intend to come to lagos after service. Any advice from matured people here? I'm praying for divine direction but let me hear your advices.

Note: no relative in lagos so i'm starting from scratch with accomodation and all
I think the question is how did you save 500k from your nysc ?
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by OkCornel(m): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:
OK, as the topic says i have 500k in my account and i intend to come to lagos after service. Any advice from matured people here? I'm praying for divine direction but let me hear your advices.

Note: no relative in lagos so i'm starting from scratch with accomodation and all

Register for a good course in data science/analytics.

Use your certificate to apply for remote working jobs. You won’t regret this.

Look out for training institutions that offer job placement opportunities after they’ve trained you. Data Analytics/Science is an area in high demand globally right now.

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by walexpal(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

First class degreee in a management related course

Congratulations! Do not let anyone discourage you. You have just made the very first step to getting yourself into a big four. I will share my number with you once I receive your email. Cheers!

Modified. I think Some or us need to encourage young guys here. I made similar savings in 2009 after my NYSC. I came to Lagos with the same mindset and today I am a Senior Manager in one of the big fours. Define your goals and be very resolute about it.

3 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Snapchat: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Favourchris:

Use twitter bro... all u need is there

Thanks for your response. Please can you direct me to a tweet and I’ll take it up from there, thanks.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Slynation(m): 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
cletz991:
POs business. I have been a doubting thomas before but when i got a POS two weeks ago Baba the minimum profit you can mke in a day na 2,500 naira walai
Exactly...I used to look down on P.O.S business until a friend of mine explained it to me when I asked her why is there surge in P.O.S business...Her minimum profit per month is 80K, that P.O.S business is just her side hustle...!!
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by somito121(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

If you're truly serious with your write up, the first thing you should do is look for your friends staying at Lagos, ask them to assist you with accommodation for one week. Go round mainland for house hunting within that week. Pay your rent and get the basic things(bed, pillow,bucket, broom, gas,pots, etc) you will be needing in that apartment. Then you can start applying for jobs which when you are invited for test or interview, you can easily move from your place.
Note: Start from a much cheaper apartment that is ok and after you must have gotten a good job as well as savings, you can decide to upgrade.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by SimpleGuy001: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
walexpal:

Congratulations! Do not let anyone discourage you. You have just made the very first step to getting yourself into a big four. I will share my number with you once I receive your email. Cheers!
Done sir
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by sirqeeboi(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
nurez305:
How ? Total alawi for a year is 420k, that is if you don't touch it at all abi you add kidnapping business to your own service ?

It is very possible
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Jones90: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

I have a well furnished single room in an estate at Ijaiye ojokoro for sub-let. It's well furnished with everything you will ever need to live comfortably.
Dstv
Tv
Wardrobe
Light is 20hrs minimum. Federal light
Table top gas cooker and cylinder, mattress, fan, fridge, plate, pots spoon etc. Cabinet etc. Just move in with your clothes only... That's all. Very secured estate

My baby mama will be relocating to PH this month end as she prefer PH to lagos after staying 3yrs in Lagos. So the house will be locked due to those properties as i don't to sell them. Video is available on request and verification of identity is a must for both parties.

Chat me up if interested..

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Truthdeypain: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
ekanx27:
i have 2 sure odds for you. play with 450k to win 900k. keep 50k in case the game cut, you will use the remaining 50k to learn digital marketing.

I just died grin grin
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Jocitychy88(m): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
The fact that you are able to save 500k is a PLUS to you.... I will advice you not to travel to Lagos for now ..locate a state where you know accommodation is free for you...and invest you money into some business.... I will give you two business you can start currently...

1.) START A POS BUSINESS �:-- with 300k you can successfully start a POS business in a strategic location while you go online to search for jobs... With this kind of business u can fetch home 50k to 100k in a monthly period....

2). BIKE BUSINESS (TRANSPORTATION)� :--. Transport is necessity in our daily lives... With 450k u can successfully get 3 fairly use bike which can be use for transportation. Abuja here fairly use bike is in range from 120k above... If you go for 3 bikes..u will need 3 drivers... At the end of every week each bikes will produce 7k (7x3 = 21k weekly)... Without paying the drivers ..

3If you need more ideas � private chat me .... I have other workable ideas..

But for you to achieve all this....YOU MUST HAVE A FREE ACCOMMODATION FIRST.���
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Sirchiboy: 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
Jocitychy88:
The fact that you are able to save 500k is a PLUS to you.... I will advice you not to travel to Lagos for now ..locate a state where you know accommodation is free for you...and invest you money into some business.... I will give you two business you can start currently...

1.) START A POS BUSINESS �:-- with 300k you can successfully start a POS business in a strategic location while you go online to search for jobs... With this kind of business u can fetch home 50k to 100k in a monthly period....

2). BIKE BUSINESS (TRANSPORTATION)� :--. Transport is necessity in our daily lives... With 450k u can successfully get 3 fairly use bike which can be use for transportation. Abuja here fairly use bike is in range from 120k above... If you go for 3 bikes..u will need 3 drivers... At the end of every week each bikes will produce 7k (7x3 = 21k weekly)... Without paying the drivers ..

3If you need more ideas � private chat me .... I have other workable ideas..

But for you to achieve all this....YOU MUST HAVE A FREE ACCOMMODATION FIRST.���
How much is new bike?
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by kenechukwuori(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
Get connected with Economy Designer 3.0.

And design your own economy for life!

Contact me on Whatsapp: 08064320779
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Teenaira: 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
Kemadealadire:
You said you are an online type of person?

So what are you coming to Lagos to do

My friend, don't waste that 500k. You are online meaning you can operate from anywhere. I don't know your background or what direction your hustle is facing but believe me there are lots of opportunities in this country but you must be prudent to harness them.
Most of these opportunities are left to uneducated people so they are doing their best in the present circumstance. So, let's take foodstuffs for instance. There is high demand in all cities and low supplies. There is high supply in the cashment area and low demand. If you can work through the necessary logistics to solve this challenge, you are already a millionaire. Let me say it again, you are a millionaire and you can become a billionaire in no time. I will stop here.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:
You are an online person, you get 500k, you wan come where you no get person.

The jokes write themselves. grin gringrin

I woke up a full community laughing at this buhahahahaha.

Make you no use that 500k find something start for your village, your mind go dey. grin
The dog doesn’t hear the hunters whistle when it is time to go. grin
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Starz825(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Oga no come Lagos....
Ah...see mistake....
No come Lagos ooo...
Lagos go finish your money...
Aw much is 500k...
Go to Ibadan
You will enjoy your life

I still feel a bit of regret coming to Lagos after nysc in osun.. though I'm based in Lagos ..but I felt I should have started life in Ibadan instead of coming to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Why do say this? Kindly put more light. Criticism allowed, do you think it’s a wrong decision?
With 500k and no family to put up with for a bit in Lagos, wrongest choice. Those big companies in Lagos you really think people have not been trying here? You won’t even know where they are situated and even if you do, how do you intend to burst through their doors? Anyways, I’m not discouraging you o but you have to do better than coming here with 500k and no family. Transportation and food alone in a few months will swallow all that up.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by toxtimmy: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2022
First define what you want as your goal.... Coming to Lagos is just one step.... What do you want to achieve in life?... Family, steady monthly income, business, dreams etc.. make sure they align with your passion and inner self... Once you get this sorted out then the rest is all about strategy and execution, it could be in Lagos, Abuja or even China that you may end up in...what matters is you know what you want and it is aligned with you mind body and soul.

Just asking... How did you raise 500k?... Did you sell pure water on the road etc?... Reason I ask is if it's hustle like selling pure water on the road, why don't you hire people to sell same pure water and share the profit by paying them salary?

Note that pure water is just a simple example to make a business point.

Good luck

SimpleGuy001:

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Jocitychy88(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
Sirchiboy:
How much is new bike?
A new is at the range of 300 and above
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Owutuotuo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Buy a laptop if you don’t have one. Don’t come to Lagos if you have a good accommodation where you are. Register on Upwork, Indeed, Fiverr.

Learn to transcribe, or do data entry.

Open a Payoneer account and a Dom account.

Look for related jobs on those platforms based on your skill level and work experience. Submit proposals to clients and start earni mg as a freelancer. All the best.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by MAIKON: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
ekanx27:
i have 2 sure odds for you. play with 450k to win 900k. keep 50k in case the game cut, you will use the remaining 50k to learn digital marketing.

Werey grin
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Olaitan2019(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
firstly I want to congratulate you on your success on your NYSC is not easy is a struggle
with your 500k having intension to come to lagos
with determination and burning desire in Lagos within 6 months you will get a good life for your self once you do what I want you to do
before coming to Lagos look for a reliable estate agent to get an accomodation from please don't get accomodation in island get it in mainland precisely in ikorodu you can get a room self contain total package 200k with annual rent 150k so get a mattress and then start affiliate marketing or any online business
with determination, discipline and focus you will establish your self up
don't let anybody distract you expecially girls
when you do this you will thank me later

so if you are looking for a realiable and trusted real estate agent that you give you the best
call: 09025462416
Whatsapp: 08127588833

good luck
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by samcolee(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
mecussey:

use 100k trade forex and be cashing out 6$ daily . Then go buy remote two plots of land with the 400k

Is it that easy?
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by ovieigho(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Go to mushin or mafoluku oshodi ,
Get like one room apartment (100k or less ) in a year

Then go to computer village , get a shop to link with ( you don’t have to pay ) its easy ! Buy phones and sell … on and offline people will rush you …

My friend that can’t read n write went to computer village with 100k ! He is a multi millionaire now !

Don’t under estimate Nigerians and gadgets

2 Likes

Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by Udoboss(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2022
Humphery2020:
This book "Where The Money Is" by Toyin Omotoso is one of the Best Books I read this year

This book revealed so many wealth creation secrets

If you're interested about building a formidable wealth for yourself, then you need to read this book

I'm interested
I would be giving this book to only the first 50 people, It's not a book you can just get for FREE, cause its paid for.

But would be giving the ebook out for FREE, I mean FREE to only 10 persons.

You don't have to pay for it, It's just my own little way of contributing positively to those seeking to change their financial status in the society.

Just signify if interested through my signature.
Re: Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed by soptimist(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
How ? Total alawi for a year is 420k, that is if you don't touch it at all abi you add kidnapping business to your own service ?

It is not even upto 420
33k×12=396

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photo Of Zamfara Corper, Esi Uwakwe Who Was Beaten & Slapped By Police / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / NYSC 2019 Batch C Official Mobilization Timetable Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.