Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) (47537 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Japan Court Rules Against Same-sex Marriage, Lawyer Disappointed / Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by crafteck(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:
Nice.

To those shouting "end of the world", are y'all saying you don't want the word to come to pass? If it's the end of the world as prophesied, you can't stop it. The right to be with any consenting adults of your choice is a fundamental human right. You don't have to like it.

Those saying its the end of the world should give me their property as they aint needed in heaven,
The law is bull shit, forget religion, theres a reason why evolution produced male and female but just like everything else homo sapiens touch, we de scatter that one self.
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
MonsieurX:

When u give birth to kids, you're free to encourage them to be gays and lesbians, it's a free world. I am not a pacifist, I detest homosexuality and I think it is an abomination, so whatever works for you, do as you please.

Free world!!!!

First, you don't deserve to have kids if you're not ready to accept whatever nature a child has. You don't encourage kids to be gay, a gay child is already a gay child. You see some of them very effeminate even in primary school. It's your type that would kill your own child cause of sexuality.

Second, it's a free world indeed. That bit, we agree on. And that is homosexuality should not be criminalized. Let people do whatever works for them.

3 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
crafteck:

Those saying its the end of the world should give me their property as they aint needed in heaven,
The law is bull shit, forget religion, theres a reason why evolution produced male and female but just like everything else homo sapiens touch, we de scatter that one self.

If you believe in evolution, then you should know there's a reason evolution made some people gay. You should also know that there's no single aspect of nature that is consistent. You should know that exceptions are integral to nature. Expecting the billions of people on earth to all be straight is unnatural because that's not how nature works.

2 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by ike007(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2022
Righteousness2:
Days of Noah and Lot practically playing our before our eyes.

Cuba has refused to see and learn from the Wrath of God that is Presently " Testing the mic" through the nations.
Europe, Asia, America and many other places are presently being destroyed by Undescribeable storms, tornadoes and hurricanes.

JESUS Christ said HE would return when our days Parallel the days of Noah and Lot.
That is the days the world is launching into now.

If you Value your Soul in Eternity, Get Ready! There is no more time! JESUS Christ is Coming.
If you Don't, feel free to do as you like.

Why do i Always picture you shouting whenever i read you dooms day rhetoric?

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by ike007(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
meobizy:
Nice one.

Nairlanders remember the end of the world only when news is about sex. Kindappings, murders and the like are seen as normal. Your crazed deity feels offense only when people have sex.

A bottle of cold chilled bordeaux for this lady...she just simply put it exactly as it is

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Originalsly: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hmmm.... they got the children to vote. I'm almost sure the US has a hand in this.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
sanpipita:

Wise people indeed, people who are going to abandon their kids in streets and orphanage you call wise, look at around you isn't the amount of kids roaming around disturbing? isn't it better they are placed under care of responsible citizens regardless of their sexuality, mentality is everything sometimes that's why lots of these countries move forward and places like Nigeria can't even afford clean water in 2022
If the white man decides tomorrow that same sex is bad and animalistic, e sure me sey people like you go still type long paragraphs in support of it, and still call out those who say others wise. No remove your nose from the white man ass o.
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:

If you believe in evolution, then you should know there's a reason evolution made some people gay. You should also know that there's no single aspect of nature that is consistent. You should know that exceptions are integral to nature. Expecting the billions of people on earth to all be straight is unnatural because that's not how nature works.
The exceptions need mental homes and rehabs. Not to be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Fcwilly: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
kingthreat:
The western world is gradually legalizing the act of a man screwing his fellow man

Very soon it will become worst in Africa then after some year they will now legalize man to beast marriage.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Latestreport1: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
Lagos State Railway Electric Blue Line Coaches arrives from United State

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_LVVmOut8
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
2elliot:
The exceptions need mental homes and rehabs. Not to be encouraged.

You probably believe that albinos, dwarfs, etc should be hidden where no one can see them cause they're different. There'll always be people thar think like you. The problem is when such people make life difficult for others who aren't like them.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:

You probably believe that albinos, dwarfs, etc should be hidden where no one can see them cause they're different. There'll always be people thar think like you. The problem is when such people make life difficult for others who aren't like them.
If there is any way to address that, then it would be welcome. No body is celebrating and pushing for that to be the new normal. Nobody is opposing sickle cell campaigns, either.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Lionnation: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
The repercussions of this nonsense will be in the nearest future not now, that time they would began to cry
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2022
2elliot:
If there is any way to address that, then it would be welcome. No body is celebrating and pushing for that to be the new normal. Nobody is opposing sickle cell campaigns, either.

There's no way to address that because it is nature. You don't have to push or not push for it, you only need to make sure these guys aren't treated differently from others. Nobody is saying everyone should be gay. They're only saying gay people should be able to enjoy what other human beings enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by crafteck(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:

You really assume evolution made people gay? Some like kids, some like slim, some fat, short ive even had a friend whose dream was to make out with a disabled person,lets not blame sick fantasies on evolution, thats a choice, primary goal of evolution is to preserve a specie over generations, expecting a human who evolution sexually put into a class of his specie in order to peer or pair him or her with an opposite sexual class of his or her specie, when it comes to same sex or non sexually distinct creatures evolution has them in single cell and multicellular levels, no male or female even an individual can impregnate itself and reproduce, maybe thats where some humans should be if a single and simple distinguishing feature of male or female cant be respected, we humans have led many creatures to extinction, theres no suprise in us heading there on our own, evolution tried its best..

2 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
crafteck:

You really assume evolution made people gay? Some like kids, some like slim, some fat, short ive even had a friend whose dream was to make out with a disabled person,lets not blame sick fantasies on evolution, thats a choice, primary goal of evolution is to preserve a specie over generations, expecting ahuman who evolution sexually put into a class of hies specie in order to peer or pair him or her with an opposite sexual class of his or her specie, when it comes to same sex or non sexually distinct creatures evolution has the in single cell and multicellular levels, no male or female even an individual can impregnate itself and reproduce, maybe thats where some humans should be if a single and simple distinguishing feature of male or female cant be respected, we humans have led many creatures to extinction, theres no suprise in us heading there on our own, evolution tried its best..

So at what point did you choose to heterosexual?

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by God2man2again(m): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
Love is not the law - a lie from the pit of hell.
If there is no law, there will not be sin but there is law so there will be sin.

True love is to abide by the law of God, which is writtenly against same sex marriage in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:

There's no way to address that because it is nature. You don't have to push or not push for it, you only need to make sure these guys aren't treated differently from others. Nobody is saying everyone should be gay. They're only saying gay people should be able to enjoy what other human beings enjoy.
Nobody normal person treats a sickle cell person badly, but we don't support them to procreate with those fellows with same risks of SS and AS. You don't call that discrimination. It is just commonsense.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Carlyboi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:

Inasmuch as you wanna argue for lgbt rights I personally find same sex marriage abhorrent and I’m not necessarily a homophobe and some of these homos are not as harmless as a lot of you portray them...there’s being loads of reported cases of sodomy especially the ones involving minors perpetrated by the sick gays in this country despite how hard the Nigerian society is opposed to Homosexuality and the anti-lgbt laws...if we’d been open and even had laws supporting homosexuality lord knows how low we’d have sunk and how bad things would’ve deteriorated!

Lastly,I especially mentioned you cos of your approval of homos adopting kids!I don’t see any merit in this,and it would actually do more harm than good at the end of the day,homosexuality is a perverse act and should only be practiced within confines of the participants private space,it’s not the norm and it’s quite unnatural,so while recognizing and respecting the rights of gays by allowing them associate freely signing same-sex marriage laws is already taking it too far,allowing them access to kids is totally extreme...that’s a whole lot of potential damage for the innocent kids who are coming from orphanages,it’s a whole lot of work for straight people and couples to adopt kids but you wanna be handling them to aggressive gay couples,some who are in an already abusive and loveless relationships?so they can batter the psyche and stunt the mental development of such children?that must be a joke bruh!

3 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
2elliot:
Nobody normal person treats a sickle cell person badly, but we don't support them to procreate with those fellows with same risks of SS and AS. You don't call that discrimination. It is just commonsense.

First, your comparison is not accurate. Someone with sickle cell anemia is terminally ill and is likely to die. A gay person is a perfectly healthy person with a different sexuality. When I said exceptions, I wasn't referring to sickness. Anyone who doesn't know the difference is bound to discriminate others.

Second, your analogy is not accurate. Sickle cells can be transfered from parents to offspring, sexuality is not. Many of the gap people you know have straight parents. I know kids with gay parents are they're all straight. So I don't see how legalizing gay marriage fits into this analogy, frankly speaking.

2 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
etrange:

First, your comparison is not accurate. Someone with sickle cell anemia is terminally ill and is likely to die. A gay person is a perfectly healthy person with a different sexuality. When I said exceptions, I wasn't referring to sickness. Anyone who doesn't know the difference is bound to discriminate others.

Second, your analogy is not accurate. Sickle cells can be transfered from parents to offspring, sexuality is not. Many of the gap people you know have straight parents. I know kids with gay parents are they're all straight. So I don't see how legalizing gay marriage fits into this analogy, frankly speaking.
OK. Sha, will you change your views on gay if the science and trend changes to one of disdain?
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
Carlyboi:

Inasmuch as you wanna argue for lgbt rights I personally find same sex marriage abhorrent and I’m not necessarily a homophobe and some of these homos are not as harmless as a lot of you portray them...there’s being loads of reported cases of sodomy especially the ones involving minors perpetrated by this sick gays in this country despite how hard the Nigerian society as opposed Homosexuality and despite the anti-lgbt laws...if we’d being open and even have laws supporting homosexuality lord knows how low we’d have sunk and bad things would’ve deteriorated!

Lastly,I mentioned you especially cos of your approval of homos adopting kids!I don’t see any merit in this,and it would actually do more harm than good at the end of the day,homosexuality is a perverse act and should only be practiced within confines of the participants private space,it’s not the norm and it’s quite unnatural,so while recognizing and respecting the rights of gay by allowing them associate freely signing same-sex marriage laws is already taking it too far,allowing them access to kids is totally extreme...that’s a whole lot of potential damage for the innocent kids who are coming from orphanages,it’s a whole lot of work for straight people and couples to adopt kids but you wanna be handling them to aggressive gay couples,some who are in an already abusive and loveless relationships?so they can batter the psyche and stunt the mental development of such children?that must be a joke bruh!

You are homophobic. At least, be bold enough to accept that. Otherwise, your write-up is like a woman saying she's a virgin but has had sex. As for you not liking gay people, that's not a problem. It would be unrealistic of me to force anyone to like what they don't like. However, liking them or not is not the issue. You should be intelligent enough to know that people shouldn't suffer or be denied rights because you don't like them.

On the case of adoption, these kids are in orphanages. They don't even have homes. They're taken care of by people who see then as tasks and not family. You're saying they are better off there instead of being in homes where they'd be loved and cared for? All because you don't like gay people? And what do you mean aggressive gay people? How are gay couples more aggressive than straight couples? How many gay couples do you even know at a personal level? 99% of all the bad people you know were raised by straight parents, so what's your point? 99% of the rape cases we read on FP everyday are have straight men as the culprits. Most of the prostitutes in Nigeria and thier customers are straight. Does that mean straight people are perverted and shouldn't be allowed to adopt? Please, don't make it look as if it's the kids you're worried about. You just hate gay people, and that's OK. Just let them be.

There are bad people and there are good people. It has nothing to do with sexuality. The orphanages do extensive BG checks before giving out these kids and they follow up with them for years. They do these for both straight and gay families.

5 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
2elliot:
OK. Sha, will you change your views on gay if the science and trend changes to one of disdain?

Not sure I understand the question. The trend in Nigeria has always been that of disdain. Science is more factual than opinionated. So I really don't understand your question. Or are you implying I stand with gay people cause I'm inclined to follow western trends? Don't forget that it was the West that introduced anti gay laws to Africa. Homophobic came from the West.

I don't have to like or even agree with gay people to know that I should let them be. If I advocate for them to go to jail or denied rights on the basis of my dislike for them or my religion, then I'm not different from racists and religious fanatics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Officialcrazy: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2022
You no see how em be, abi you no hear em name Cuba e sound like cigarette
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 12:17am On Sep 28, 2022
etrange:

Not sure I understand the question. The trend in Nigeria has always been that of disdain. Science is more factual than opinionated. So I really don't understand your question. Or are you implying I stand with gay people cause I'm inclined to follow western trends? Don't forget that it was the West that introduced anti gay laws to Africa. Homophobic came from the West.

I don't have to like or even agree with gay people to know that I should let them be. If I advocate for them to go to jail or denied rights on the basis of my dislike for them or my religion, then I'm not different from racists and religious fanatics.
On what are you basing your support for gay? Science or personal convinction? If so, I asked, if it changes tomorrow. Will you also change yours? I need to know if you have a mind of your own on this matter, or you are just following the sciences and every other persons against it is likely following their religious beliefs. I am personally against it because for one, it is gross. That would not change whether the science or religious views changes.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 12:31am On Sep 28, 2022
2elliot:
On what are you basing your support for gay? Science or personal convinction? If so, I asked, if it changes tomorrow. Will you also change yours? I need to know if you have a mind of your own on this matter, or you are just following the sciences and every other persons against it is likely following their religious beliefs. I am personally against it because for one, it is gross. That would not change whether the science or religious views changes.

My support is based on the philosophy of live and let live. Whether I find it gross or not is my problem and should not have a bearing on how gay people are treated. Many white people find the black skin gross, does that make racism good? There's a say that your right stops where mine starts. It means the only limit to your freedom is the point where it hurts others (not based on whether others like or dislike it). If Nigerians stop seeing the need to combat those who are different (in terms of tribe, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.), trust me, things will get better. These discriminations only make us lose out on talents and relationships that would have taken us forward.

We have gay people around us as our fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, colleagues, friends, etc. pretending they don't exist will not take them away or make them less gay. They'd end marrying our women into loveless marriages just to satisfy society and thereby leading to kids raised in broken homes. If someone has been great to you, finding they're gay shouldn't automatically make them bad people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by BENEAMATA: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2022
You have to respect the choice of the majority voting to turn the land of Fidel Castro , mr ironballs himself into a country of pansies , but allowing homosexuals to adopt kids , a product borne entirely out of a male and female reproductive cells coming together should not be a right or priviledge they should enjoy . Their ways of life especially their sexual inclinations will more often than not impart on young children they adopt and no one should expect the apple to fall far from the tree . What next ? Pro bestiality right laws sweeping across so-called developed nations in a not so distant future ? Rubbish !
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 12:39am On Sep 28, 2022
etrange:

My support is based on the philosophy of live and let live. Whether I find it gross or not is my problem and should not have a bearing on how gay people are treated. Many white people find the black skin gross, does that make racism good? There's a say that your right stops where mine starts. It means the only limit to your freedom is the point where it hurts others (not based on whether others like or dislike it). If Nigerians stop seeing the need to combat those who are different (in terms of tribe, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.), trust me, things will get better. These discriminations only make us lose out on talents and relationships that would have taken us forward.

We have gay people around us as our fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, colleagues, friends, etc. pretending they don't exist will not take them away or make them less gay. They'd end marrying our women into loveless marriages just to satisfy society and thereby leading to kids raised in broken homes. If someone has been great to you, finding they're gay shouldn't automatically make them bad people.

Can we separate the people from the act? My point is,the act is gross.
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by 2elliot: 12:43am On Sep 28, 2022
BENEAMATA:
You have to respect the choice of the majority voting to turn the land of Fidel Castro , mr ironballs himself into a country of pansies , but allowing homosexuals to adopt kids , a product borne entirely out of a male and female reproductive cells coming together should not be a right or priviledge they should enjoy . Their ways of life especially their sexual inclinations will more often than not impart on young children they adopt and no one should expect the apple to fall far from the tree . What next ? Pro bestiality right laws sweeping across so-called developed nations in a not so distant future ? Rubbish !
It has begun. The wording for pedophiles are changing already to one of less offensive names. Na from clap e dey enter dance.
Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by etrange: 12:46am On Sep 28, 2022
2elliot:
Can we separate the people from the act? My point is,the act is gross.

No, we cannot. It goes beyond the act of sex. It's about emotions. Sexuality is like skin color. Separating them from the fact the fact that they love people of the same gender is like bleaching to satisfy the white man. Even the people themselves have tried to separate themselves from thier sexuality by pretending to be who they are not. They need our friendship so much that they live fake lives just so we wouldn't discard them. It's already sad enough. There's practically nothing they can do anymore. It's on us to stop thinking of whom they buncking and see them for the values they bring to the table as individuals.

3 Likes

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by Bigchristo: 12:52am On Sep 28, 2022
sanpipita:

Wise people indeed, people who are going to abandon their kids in streets and orphanage you call wise, look at around you isn't the amount of kids roaming around disturbing? isn't it better they are placed under care of responsible citizens regardless of their sexuality, mentality is everything sometimes that's why lots of these countries move forward and places like Nigeria can't even afford clean water in 2022
please be guided, if children are roaming around the street the best you could do for them is to take them to orphanage, not allowing some mentally demented fools calling themselves gay or lesbians adopting kids, keep kids out of your weird lifestyle if you choose to live one

1 Like

Re: Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) by yom2(m): 12:55am On Sep 28, 2022
kingthreat:
The western world is gradually legalizing the act of a man screwing his fellow man
y wait till u hear d next one coming soon; they are about to legalise polyyumy; human marriage to animals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. / President Macron Hit With An Egg During Campaign At A Restaurant In Lyon (Video) / Fearless Female Soldier Uses High Kicks To Disperse Crowd Of Jewish Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.