Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

I Reported My Landlord Today - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Reported My Landlord Today (40821 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by REDshouse(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
Send us ur landlord contacts let's here him out also so we can have a balanced judgement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Mozenge1: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Land mater Na Brain dem take de follow them. My landlord no tell me say na him be the landlord wen I find house for there he say na tenant. Because me no like de house way landlord de stay. Few weeks na I take know say this nigga na landlord e pain me en. But Wetin I fit do na just to move. I paid for the Rent oct 20 something last year Abeg wen my rent suppose expired this year.

3 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by GistFullGround: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Let him face the consequences of his greed

Never back down!

3 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Jokerman(m): 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Good.

Some landlords are very greedy and crazy

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by CaptainAyub: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
smi2021:
Landlords can me reckless. Back in uni my landlord put me through hell. Well.. till I got myself a navy bf..
Olosho moves grin

4 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by budaatum: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Well done, op. Some people need to be taught lessons.

3 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Bigchristo: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Nigeria landlords are greedy and very petty, my apartment in Nigeria I still pay till date be like I go do this man such thing

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Encyclopedia1: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
His greed will only kill him and that's it. The major reason for his action was that he noticed you have renovated which will fetch him more if you leave.

9 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by abbey621(m): 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
Your story is full of holes! What exactly caused the damage? When did you notify the landlord of the issue? You're here bragging about potential demolition but unless you can state the specifics of what caused the actual damage, nothing will happen to the house, only thing you'll accomplish is making an enemy of your landlord, best advice is for you to start looking for a new place.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Jefferyhi86(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
This Scam above is here again

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by AkioluGraceObi(f): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
ok

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by sweetman2022: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
Some Landlords are crazy. My cousin told me his Landlord refused to give any of the Tenants key to the main gate. He locks it by 8.00pm and will shout at you when you come home after that time. They are just 3 tenants. He said he nearly broke down the gate a day he came by 9pm and was hitting the gate for almost 30 mins without him coming out to open it . It sounds insane to me when he was narrating it. You have to teach this one a big lesson so that he won't take other tenants for granted in the future.

9 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by smi2021(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
cheesy
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by byteem: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ur story doesnt add up.. there were damages u fixed and insisted you will debit from.rent so u fixed it as u claim. U were not around for two months and ur properties got damaged by who .. now u seek compensation from landlord for damages .. who gave u quit notice after asking u to renew ur rent before it expired now u reported him to public defender and you feel lik jagaban.. ur story doesnt add up and there are always two sides .. urs seems off

. but just a lil bit of advice .. public defender is no court and only serves the purpose of mediating dispute . They cant impose any liability or obligation on a landlord . and cant stop a landlord from ejecting you from his property ..their role is more coercive..they have no force of law

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by xtivin2: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Very good OP, the man wants to exploit your kindness
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Alawode01(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2022
He has to learn his lesson in a rough way.He deserve to teach him a lesson.

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Ganjafama(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Move out of that house fast. The man may go fetish on you. Just a piece of advice.

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by bonnyhope: 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

What caused the initial fight that resulted to destroying your properties

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by parkervero(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

What's the cause of the damage?

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Thislifee: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Seems like I know the place, which part of Lagos is the house?
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by DeOTR: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2022
Who else didn't understand what this OP is trying to say? undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by akinmusi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by money121(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ok
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ipobarethieves: 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
sad softly softly biko.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Dagger111(m): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
smi2021:
Landlords can me reckless. Back in uni my landlord put me through hell. Well.. till I got myself a navy bf..

And the naval guy scattered your kpekus!! I believed the kpekus is now in dilapidated state.

5 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by neonly: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

My sure d said landlord might be a woman
Or is an inherited house
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
You did well. You didn't only pay him back in his own coin, you also did what is right. You did your best for him but he refused to do his best for himself.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by romenna: 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
Lagos landlords are evil.
Especially the YouTube muslims
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Whobedatte(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
Lagos landlords per day , very greedy Buffons
Under the law , no landlord must increase rent till after 3 years , mine increased after 2 years with 100k , We beg the werey all to no avail .
Say na inflation cause am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

670sqm Land for sale at Osapa London....7mins WALK to Shoprite / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / Notorious Ota Land-Grabber Elijah Adeogun aka Killer Arrested In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.