Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

I Reported My Landlord Today - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Reported My Landlord Today (40820 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by yemi1504: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Let him face the consequences of his greed

Perfect! People should learn there are consequences for their actions!
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by AgentNnamdi: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Funny, it's still people like you that will be begging landlord to consider you when you are in need of an apartment. But immediately you get in, you start misbehaving. Work hard make you self become landlord

You will switch on data and switch off reasoning. It's funny too that people like you are among the problems of Nigeria. shocked

If everyone becomes a landlord who will be the tenants? Do you think buying land and building a decent house is small money?

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by abokikhalifa: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
AgentNnamdi:

You will switch on data and switch off reasoning. It's funny too that people like you are among the problems of Nigeria. shocked

If everyone becomes a landlord who will be the tenants? Do you think buying land and building a decent house is small money?

I'm glad you know it's not easy. So whenever you are in someone house as a tenant, ensure you behave yourself.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by OvertheTop(m): 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
smi2021:
Landlords can me reckless. Back in uni my landlord put me through hell. Well.. now am a real estate agent.. jokes on you I guess

So You dont love the navy guy....
You are just using him for personal reasons.... shocked
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Wwwq: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
You will build one day
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by BluntCrazeMan: 2:12am On Oct 10, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Please remember to give the updates on this abbeegg
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by pek(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2022
REDshouse:
Send us ur landlord contacts let's here hear him out also so we can have a balanced judgement
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ccollins(m): 10:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Love48:
Wow...

Dats wat fit some greedy landlords. Like my landlady once ur rent expires and u don't renew it on time na quick notice get u..
hello, are u the on in ur dp. Let’s contact; send me a msg on Collins4reall@gmail . Com
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by SolutionzNaija: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
FOR SALE: 6 BEDROOM STAND ALONE DUPLEX WITH 2 PARLOURS, BQ, GENERATOR HOUSE, SECURITY HOUSE, 7 CAR GARAGE ON ADENIYI JONES, IKEJA, LAGOS. OWNERS PASSED AWAY RECENTLY AND CHILDREN WHO LIVE OUTSIDE WANT TO SELL. SEND A DM

Anonymoususher:

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Love48(f): 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
ccollins:
hello, are u the on in ur dp. Let’s contact; send me a msg on Collins4reall@gmail . Com
Yes but can't login cos I forgot d password and lost d Sim u use in opening it
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Anonymoususher: 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
bigdammyj:
Weldon.
But what led to these, What was his negligence that almost cost you your life and destroyed your properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc?
You didn't tell us what really happened.

The negligence is that because of money he gave a hospital staying above me quit notice and rented it to a man that was using it as warehouse for packing motor engines all because the man offered to pay thrice what the hospital was paying.

I called him and said it was risky. I lived down stairs and I have never seen a place where upstair is used as warehouse for motor engines.

He didn't listen. One night I came back from work and immediately I went to the bathroom to bathe Lo and behold the decking fell down and destroyed everything in my house. If it wasnt God that pushed me out to the bathroom I would have died.

Well I have moved out of the house and case is still on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

670sqm Land for sale at Osapa London....7mins WALK to Shoprite / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / Notorious Ota Land-Grabber Elijah Adeogun aka Killer Arrested In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.