Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

I Reported My Landlord Today - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Reported My Landlord Today (40801 Views)

My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Reported My Landlord Today by Anonymoususher: 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2022
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Let him face the consequences of his greed

550 Likes 45 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by silvermist(f): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2022
Wow..that's one greedy landlord you have there o. I hope the matter is settled and you get compensated for your damaged properties.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by smi2021(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Landlords can be reckless.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ExtremeDot: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
That serves him right!

If at all the whole thing play out just the way you take paint am so.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Horig(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
grin grin grin

for your architectural,structural drawings and building construction needs,send me a message on whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Akinsete19(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ah
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Albert0011(m): 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Nice one bro.
So many Nigerian landlord's thinks that they are demigod's...that was how our landlord increased our house rents 2x without even informing anybody.

Some people in this country are just naturally wicked and they have no conscience at all.

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by okomile(f): 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
What can I say

We mooveee
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by bigdammyj: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Weldon.
But what led to these, What was his negligence that almost cost you your life and destroyed your properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc?
You didn't tell us what really happened.

153 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by fukbud007: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
U do well

4 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Chijeep(m): 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
How do we report Tinubu to Urchins that both him and shettima don't mean well for them

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ef6343e8b6: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
You reported your helper

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Lekan239(m): 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Iam ur landlord..we would see Courth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ademidedavid(f): 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
I can relate
I stayed in a flat at Uturn abulegba some years, I begged this land lord to come repair his leaking roofs but na lie until I called a carpenter to fix it and did other repairs tooo

I japa to Ogun state

I got there in the dry season, new 3bedroom flat with POP everywhere, I was like aahh thank God before I could say pem raining season started water dropping on POP and water wanting my sitting room through the front door without rubber underneath

Another problem, called the landlord and agent times without number to no avail rather they brought house increment notice

I just kukuma vex comot for Nigeria patapata

Now I dey UK I hope I won't face it here again grin.

Nigeria land lords are so terrible I swear

Abeg just vex leave Nigeria for those landlords

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by JohnsonEmma(m): 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
You did well, it's high time we all take responsibilities for our actions regardless of the situation.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by bigpicture001: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
all of thrm are greedy

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by AgentNnamdi: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
You did very well. There is no need for remorse or pity. He should face the music. Very stupid man cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Serial48(f): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Vote for Obi

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Olojuobinrin(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Have you looked for another house?

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ecolime(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
@ Anonymoususher

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

Please explain the negligence part. What happened exactly?

27 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by jospepper(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Let him face the consequences of his greed
Haba bro., e neva reach this level na, pls go and withdraw the case lets talk man to man and settle amicably.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Naturalobserver(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
You see us Nigerians,our problem is we don't care or at least consider circumstance or condition of our neighbours.
It's only me me me...only me go chop everything,only me go carry all the money,only my family,only my welfare,only my interest....Totally blind to every other
person

No sense of communal interest.

I don't know if it's only Nigeria or a blackman thing

Thank God for gen Z generation..This generation might be the worst in terms of morality but they are the ones giving us hope of "the golden rule"

You see the baby boomers and gen X generation,those set of people,up to 65% of them are wicked and selfish in their hearts..All they know is morality,decency and discipline but they don't have intergrity.

Props should be given to the millennial generation because they paved the way and changed the narrative for the gen Z generation.

OP sue that greedy man,let him pay for his greedy actions..although honestly I will tell u,u don't need validation on nairaland...You just need a good and trusted legal practitioner to tell u what u are doing is the way to go. Remember don't let emotions hinder u from doing what's right.....Let me also add that u didn't tell us how his actions or negligence caused damage to ur belongings.
All the best

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by tommy589(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Not bad
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Badguy77(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
Na man you be jare.. Na wetin fit all those tilimbu people dem and the room go small na so tilimbu Lagos be

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Godada(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Lobolintin(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
My own landlord just Increased rent by 100%>>

Citing Inflation..
Laugh want to tear my condom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by nairalee(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
Thank God say I no good like this. Cos e be like this world people only like bad/hard people.

All these stories dey do me like film. Because na for film actor go dey do good and bose go still dey do apparent evil to the actor. If not how will u pay a million for someone and the person will pay u back with eviction?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

670sqm Land for sale at Osapa London....7mins WALK to Shoprite / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / 4 Bedroom Bungalow Enquiries on Design, Construction and Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.