Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Reported My Landlord Today - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Reported My Landlord Today (40822 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by abokikhalifa: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
Albert0011:
Nice one bro.
So many Nigerian landlord's thinks that they are demigod's...that was how our landlord increased our house rents 2x without even informing anybody.

Some people in this country are just naturally wicked and they have no conscience at all.

Hope you are also following the rules and regulation of the house before he decided to increase rent ?
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by sylve11: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Let him face the consequences of his greed

you did the right thing. cool
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Danisaint112(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
I don't like to judge from one part of a story. Most times Tenants wahala pass landlord own. sad

4 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by abokikhalifa: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
AgentNnamdi:
You did very well. There is no need for remorse or pity. He should face the music. Very stupid man cheesy

Funny, it's still people like you that will be begging landlord to consider you when you are in need of an apartment. But immediately you get in, you start misbehaving. Work hard make you self become landlord

3 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Kobicove(m): 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
abbey621:
Your story is full of holes! What exactly caused the damage? When did you notify the landlord of the issue? You're here bragging about potential demolition but unless you can state the specifics of what caused the actual damage, nothing will happen to the house, only thing you'll accomplish is making an enemy of your landlord, best advice is for you to start looking for a new place.

No mind am, make him just dey run mouth like tap wey spoil undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Smooyis(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
You just saved another tenant the agony impending brutality.

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Hushbingo: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hmmm

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Asour: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
Naturalobserver:
You see us Nigerians,our problem is we don't care or at least consider circumstance or condition of our neighbours.
It's only me me me...only me go chop everything,only me go carry all the money,only my family,only my welfare,only my interest....Totally blind to every other
person

No sense of communal interest.

I don't know if it's only Nigeria or a blackman thing

Thank God for gen Z generation..This generation might be the worst in terms of morality but they are the ones giving us hope of "the golden rule"

You see the baby boomers and gen X generation,those set of people,up to 65% of them are wicked and selfish in their hearts..All they know is morality,decency and discipline but they don't have intergrity.

Props should be given to the millennial generation because they paved the way and changed the narrative for the gen Z generation.

OP sue that greedy man,let him pay for his greedy actions..although honestly I will tell u,u don't need validation on nairaland...You just need a good and trusted legal practitioner to tell u what u are doing is the way to go. Remember don't let emotions hinder u from doing what's right.....Let me also add that u didn't tell us how his actions or negligence caused damage to ur belongings.
All the best

Are you a Demographer or social scientist?

Your arguments are more conjectures/anecdotes than researched studies.

2 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
smi2021:
Landlords can me reckless. Back in uni my landlord put me through hell. Well.. till I got myself a navy bf..
you went and get your self a navy boy because of landlord, na so one mumu girl go call her boyfriend for me just a private soldier oh, he never even get a coporal rank, na so I call my brother who is a colonel. The poor boy do frog jump enter guardroom. What if your Landlord is a retired master's warranty officer. Na so you go put that ottondo for trouble.

5 Likes

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I am a yearly tenant and do not owe my landlord. The man decided to be greed and I had no option but to report him to office of public offender.

It happened that his negligence almost cost me my life and destroyed my properties, AC, TV, Shelve, speaker etc.

When it happened people told me to claim damages but I refused citing that I didn't want to take advantage of the situation, being alive is enough for me. The landlord was even begging me not to report the matter than he will compensate me. I told him I have no intention of reporting it, that he should just fixed his house back.

This man didn't fix the house, I called and called but he refused. I had to fix it myself and moved in because searching for a house is too expensive. I needed more time to search and get a better place. For two months I was out of my house because of the job going on. But when I moved in, I was surprised that this same landlord that begged me to be calm came and started disturbing me to pay his rent.

I was surprised, my rent hasn't expired, for two months I didn't stay in the house because of your negligence, my properties got damaged and I am not asking for compensation, I just moved in, yet to settle and you are pressuring me for a rent that hasn't expired.

I told him I will pay when my rent expires but will remove the money I spent doing work he wasn't supposed to do. This man refused and started shouting. I didn't expect him to behave the way he did after every thing that happened so I told him, I will be packing out of the house instead when my rent expires.

To my surprise the man brought a quit notice and asked me to leave his house the following month. Now that action got me angry and I decided to ask for compensation for my damaged properties.

Today, I filed a formal petition costing everything that got damaged and everything amounts to one million. The person handling the case after narrating the story to him and showed him video and picture evidence he became so angry and further extended the case to Lagos State Building agency which means the house will be surveyed for structural integrity and if it fails the test, demolish will follow.

I didn't want to toe this part but the landlord allowed greed to blind him. You caused someone damages worth millions, he didn't request for pay back, his rent is still running yet you are pressuring him to pay days after he moved in.

Though,I didn't really know what your landlord did that made your lose things worth a million. But I dislike greed. So let's say I m in your shoes, I ll gladly sniff good life out of that landlord.
You do me good I do you good. You do me bad and I do your worst.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Shadysen: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
ikwere landlords are worst!
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Ikanielijah4120: 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
For your architectural, drawings and building construction needs,send me a message on whatsapp 07038136181
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by twilliamx(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

You did the right thing
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Huzormah(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
Sorry to digress, but where can I get a reliable and authentic person to help with CAC, a relative wants to register her business.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Albert0011(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Hope you are also following the rules and regulation of the house before he decided to increase rent ?

Of course nah.

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by eneye1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
I just got back to my apartment today after spending a week away. My septic tank had a serious issue, I fix it the first time. Another bigger issue came up with the septic tank again and I called the plumber to check, when he checked he said the problem now is bigger than that I should call landlord. I called my landlord she has refused to attend to it. I have to fix it myself
These landlords are wicked.

1 Like

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by phemmyfour: 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

you did well...he allowed greed to consume him
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Cutehector(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
West landlords...
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by BABANGBALI: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
smi2021:
Landlords can me reckless. Back in uni my landlord put me through hell. Well.. till I got myself a navy bf..
you no get shame for body. Wetin concern us with your navy boyfriend? Mtcheeeeeeew!
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by BigYash: 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hopeba:
Iam ur landlord..we would see Courth
He say them wan demolish your house. Go stay gate ,make them no fit pass..
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Abujaexpress: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
smi2021:
...and the navy bf had finished and dumped you. Repent
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by BreakingNews21: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
OP, I'm not totally understanding the sequence of all this drama but am glad you are ok. Many others can't say the same these days with all the buildings collapsing.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Sambaby7640: 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
jospepper:
Haba bro., e neva reach this level na, pls go and withdraw the case lets talk man to man and settle amicably.
No the landlord is too greedy and didn't consider the OP. So why should the OP consider him?. Give people back say energy they give you. Next time they'll think twice before trying to dish out bad vibes.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by deebrownneymar: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Please what agency did you report the landlord to?
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Ten06(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
At least this should teach some greedy landlords and slum lords a lesson.
That was how mine wanted to misbehave I immediately give it to him with full force and he mellow down
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by SILVERLINES: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

you did well bro
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Powersurge: 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Great job. because of too many let-goes, injustice has resigned supreme.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by mrsage(m): 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
The landlord is greedy
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by wakiri: 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Huzormah:
Sorry to digress, but where can I get a reliable and authentic person to help with CAC, a relative wants to register her business.
Thanks.

Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by SKIBiNSKI(m): 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
nairalee:
Thank God say I no good like this. Cos e be like this world people only like bad/hard people.

All these stories dey do me like film. Because na for film actor go dey do good and bose go still dey do apparent evil to the actor. If not how will u pay a million for someone and the person will pay u back with eviction?
calm down man! If it was you, you cannot do shit! If you think you are bad someone else is worst than you, are you invincible? We have not even heared the lanlord's side of the story.
Re: I Reported My Landlord Today by Juliearth(f): 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Serves him right. Had a similar experience in 2019, landlord thought he could shortchange me because I am a woman... I changed the narrative.

Do not relent in giving him an ample dose of his poison.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

670sqm Land for sale at Osapa London....7mins WALK to Shoprite / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / Notorious Ota Land-Grabber Elijah Adeogun aka Killer Arrested In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.