Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands (34387 Views)

My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) / My Wife Still Sends Pictures To Her Ex Boyfriend, I Feel Cheated & Heartbroken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Kollabo419: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ekejoestar:
E be like say ur papa no get money, I mean who still buys recharge cards in this era of online stuff?

When he could have just recharged for the old woman from his bank!

Nna mehnnn

U be mumu man

They are currently at the village so network problems bro
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by emerged01(m): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wetin shock you for that one? As a big man that your dad is,your grandma shouldnt be lacking airtime on her phone. Na weekly airtime loading e suppose be. Wetin even stop your dad from loading direct for her?

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by CMTony: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
Your dad know reason why he quietly go the message because if he do anyhow Im go collect immediately, that is Mothers of those days they don't pretend so straight forward
Nobe all this indomi mothers we have nowadays
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Bfly: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
What a coincidence.
Just last week, my friend was pointing at one elderly man who was called and sent on a common errand by a very old woman while passing by.

See how life changes.
Now someone is suprised why a son should run errand for his parent because the son is a grown up.

From this, you could differentiate someone raised by social media from someone raised by parent.

2 Likes

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Royruky(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Normally, nothing overturns established authority. If someone gains authority over another by virtue of some established factor, that authority stands.

A 27 year old boss commands the obedience (to some degree) of his 50 year old employee regardless of the age difference. A king commands the obedience of his subjects no matter how old, rich or powerful they may be in their own right.

Your grandma, by virtue of being a mother to your father, commands his obedience regardless of how "big" your father may be.

That's life.

To cap it all, even the dad will not dare delegate the buying of the recharge card to another person in the presence of the grandma

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by UMUNNA001(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nothing is new in that regard.
I still fetch water and d many other house work for my mom.

My mom is seventy five years now.

That's why the law of nature said we should obey our parents

2 Likes

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by tishbite41(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
general111:
Your dad may have failed in his responsibility to bring you up the same way his mum brought him up..
You should be very proud of your dad..
You answer am well
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Bigchristo: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
Omo we busted village yesterday, we are in my grandmas place.
After lunch, i was shocked when my grandma told my dad to go outside and buy recharge card for her.
See man wey dey form hard man for house
Dem dey send to go buy recharge card

I couldn't help but hold my laughter when my dad went out to buy recharge card

E really shock me, my dad is a Big man ohh
As well respected thats why im wondering why his mother (my grandma) still send him on errands
Don’t worry when you have your own kids you will understand the stress and effort made to see them grow and becoming a successful person, if my children rich like Dangote I go still send them message it’s nothing bad, I respect that
Man for also honoring his mothers word despite the fact that he is a big man, it means he has value for his family most especially his mother

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by zeestone99(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:
These kid needs urgent brain surgery tongue

So your father shouldn't attend to his own mother's needs

Gen z grin
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by PointZerom: 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lvgirl:

When I proposed kids section on nairaland, a lot of people bashed me. You see now.
Tinubu has ran away. We can't find him
See what this one is posting here

Behold the sleeping bat grin grin

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Avast(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Serious one.
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Streetmovement(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Even as I wan go back house this December for December family reunion my momma go still dey send me on errands, so no reason am no matter who we become or how successful we become in life we can never be bigger than the ones who brought us here. Forget age and forget status.

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by mizz2posh: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:
Honestly, she should have sent you.
If na me, I'll feel slighted except I was the only one around.

Does OP sound like someone that has been around his grandma talkless of knowing his way around village. The way the story looks, it seems he's seeing her for the first time sef lol

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by NomzyJust(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
I wish my granny can send me on errands like that, but she's too weak to be coherent.
God Bless you Mama Caro.

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by alamin0506(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
You father is a big man and well respected in the society until the day he run across his primary/secondary school mate, Somebody will just call your father “Otondo No1” as nickname laughing while giving him good handshake as it been long they saw right in front of you or his grown up children.

Then and there you will realize the same chairman was once running in the street pantless.

1 Like

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Starz825(m): 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
I have always thought about it that.. no matter your age..you are still a boy or girl to your parent....

Cause the age wey Dem take senior you wen you be 1 year on earth ...na him Dem still take senior you till this very day....even if you don clock 40..na still the same age difference...
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by armyofone(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
After lunch, i was shocked when my grandma told my dad to go outside and buy recharge card for her.

As well respected thats why im wondering why his mother (my grandma) still send him on errands

You should have said Grandma, I will be putting data in your phone every month from now on. How much data do you use each month or each week ma'am, then you go ahead and be taking care of that for your grandmother.
You are not a good grandchild!

People like you will soon label the old woman flying bird.
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Pacesetter123(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lvgirl:

When I proposed kids section on nairaland, a lot of people bashed me. You see now.
Tinubu has ran away. We can't find him
See what this one is posting here

grin grin grin
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by vikstandon(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wilson500:
According to African culture:
That's disrespectful since her son is married with grown up kids
Her son is now her husband and the head of the family
That's tradition

If her Son is now her husband and head of the family as you rightly said...So African culture forbade him to go on errands for the wife.

This una thought line dey make me vex.
Whatever you expect someone to do for you...do same for the person, it doesn't make you lesser.
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by WHITELIGHTER: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
SMH....I fear for the coming generation
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Nackzy: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
so please whats wrong with that
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Starz825(m): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ekejoestar:
E be like say ur papa no get money, I mean who still buys recharge cards in this era of online stuff?

When he could have just recharged for the old woman from his bank!
Dem no reason am
He dey happen...

Except if you are used to it
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by cedricksly: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

till thy kingdom come your dad will still remain his little boy... So remove ur mind. Lol
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by SUNNINO(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
Says who? Your culture is funny.
Wilson500:
According to African culture:
That's disrespectful since her son is married with grown up kids
Her son is now her husband and the head of the family
That's tradition
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by happney65: 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:

I tire o. As in I will be too old for my Dad to send me on errand?

Lmao. grin
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by joshmee4real(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Na wa.
Mama send im pikin Msg, you dey vex.
If them send you, no be say you go agree to go
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Gandokii(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wonderful! But seriously, errands should go by herierachy, capacity and availability of the messenger.
U should hv done that instead of allowing ur father to do it. Btw it's either u re lying, exergerating,or there is something u re not telling us.
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by godofuck231: 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
That's what happens when a woman becomes he head , she becomes unbalanced in reasons as to what is proper ,very few woman still hold forte and do whats right because they were well brought up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Natbrowny: 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Grandmas will be pampering grandkids but their own direct son and daughter - Omo na street.

Grandma no send oo. Its a bond between them. She misses sending him on errands and seeing him around.
So she needs dat bond, besides grandma dey gather memory..
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by spiralwedge(m): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
You are spoilt brat.
You should have accost your dad by the door to help him buy it without being told, instead you were laughing. You even came on here to post it thinking you will people like you who are not well home-trained.

Smh
Re: My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands by Segzy19: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Who is tolerating all these kiddies post on this platform sef .... If you grow old and your old mama send you message, make you no go... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match / The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.