Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Adoption Is Not Worth It At All - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All (44083 Views)

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country / Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by kodix(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
Does it means that majority of theives,rapist,Yahoo boy,kidnappers ,prostitutes e.t.c are adopted children, unfortunately they are children from families only in few cases I have even heard of adopted children doing so.I think finally is parental skill and God.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by maziude: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I remember early 2000, my dad was planning to adopt a kid Into our family.
Later I found out that my father's friend adopted 2 boys.
My uncle warned my dad not yo try it.
I even remember going to orphanage with him to see how it goes.
For some reason he didn't adopt again.

Fast foward to 20 years later
That my father's friend is living in hell,
He says those 2 boys he adopted turned out to be into yahoo, drugs, cultisim.
They even beat him up and steal his money.

Till today im forever grateful to my uncle for preventing my dad from adoption.
Because all the families I know that adopted kids back in the 2000. None of them have peace, they always fighting, quarreling
It's a huge mess.
This is why i think Adoption is not worth it at all

Typical Nigerian mindset blame everyone but themselves.

This mentality in 2022 and you still wonder why Nigeria is still at a standstill.

I guess bring down the horse for going into the mud rather than the rider for steering the horse into the mud.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Chris2863(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2022
Every Tom and dick go just wake up begin create topic on nairaland grin grin cheesy. I blame the mods shaaa. They only have one job but have failed to carry it out diligently angry

Blame your father’s friend for not doing his job as a parent and stop displaying your ignorance online mr op grin
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Chris2863(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
kodix:
Does it means that majority of theives,rapist,Yahoo boy,kidnappers ,prostitutes e.t.c are adopted children, unfortunately they are children from families only in few cases I have even heard of adopted children doing so.I think finally is parental skill and God.
the op is an ignorant adult
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dearlord(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
Nazgul:
For your information, kids who were raised in strict Christian homes still end up as Yahoo boys, drug abusers, cultists, prostitutes...etc. It's all about your parenting skills.

One of the major reason why most adopted kids turn out bad is due to segregation.

They're always constantly being reminded that they're adopted, extended family uncles and aunts wouldn't fully accept them, cousins of their age bracket would be cold towards them (no thanks to their parents who told them that they are adopted and they have no root cos they can't trace them to any family), so in a bid to prove a point most of them seek solace in the wrong company...hence they end up becoming a nuisance themselves, their surrogate family, their environment and the country.

The rule of the thumb is if you must adopt, you and your wife must keep it as a secret...anyone outside both of you mustn't be aware, cos if that child grows up knowing he's adopted, it might affect his mental health because he won't feel secure around you and would constantly be longing for his biological parents.

You said it all bruh.
If you can't keep it permanent secret don't adopt

1 Like

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by TheGift: 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
So because of stuff like your uncles experience, the people who adopted Joke Sylva, Steve Jobs, Nelson Mandela, Colin Kaepernick, Viola Davis, Hugh Jackman, Simone Biles etc shouldn't have adopted them?

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by maziude: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2022
kodix:

Leave the hypocrite.

The Op is not adopted yet can’t be critical in his reasoning.
Or perhaps he is adopted but has no idea he is which might explain his flimsy reasoning.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Advancedman(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

Because all the families I know that adopted kids back in the 2000. None of them have peace, they always fighting, quarreling
It's a huge mess.

Ru Ru Ru Rubbish.
If you were orphaned will say the same infact you are a giagantuos ignoramus.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2022
Bad parenting
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by JackDaAlienz(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
Parrot69:

I actually didn't want to quote you bit after realizing how stupid & myopic you're wired, I had no choice than to find a benefitting phrase for you; FOOL.
You have no atom of sense even though you feel woke.
Adopted kid spotted
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by crixlight2(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

The man that I know and saw for 20 years caring and loving his 2 adopted boys unconditionally.
Bought and spent a lot on them
Yet they decided to torment him and leave him with partial stroke.

Now go and tell that man that the reason why the 2 boys are rascals is because he didn't show them love.
You see how stupid you will look saying that?

If you like pet a snake from now till tomorrow
It will still bite you.

So you saying the boys are behaving badly without good manners ? , are they adopted from the same parents if not then your father’s friend need to check himself . You generalized it like it was only mad people or stone killer kids that are living in orphanage homes. Have you never seen a biological kids that end up beating their parents , going into thuggery, kidnapping and all type of crimes. So my brother is not because of adoptions. The same way We have good and bad biological children so is the same way you see good and bad kids in orphanage homes

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Samcent: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2022
Epositive:

It's quite unfortunate. By the way, you still use age as a metric for intelligence in relation with good thought processes and perspectives? You will sure get disappointed.

You have a point.

However, knowing his age is not for me to determine his level of intelligence. Is for me to know how to approach this brazen display of malicious ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Sixfiguresmart(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

My dear, people called Jesus worse names and they even mocked him as "King if jews"
Because Jesus said the Truth

We all know that people don't like to hear the bitter truth, they begin to call you names,insult you and ridicule you for saying the Truth.

You can call me gay
You can call me a bastard
It won't change the hard bitter truth.

Nobody in history of mankind has spoken the Truth and people applaud him.

Moses in the bible was adopted by Egyptians
They raise him like Prince.
Feed him daily, cloth him, care for him

Only for Moses to grow up and join the isrealites and destroy the same Egypt that raised him.
Blood is thicker than water
But Moses was raised by his mother. Not by an Egyptian

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Samuels90: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
Damn, OP u talking Bullsh!t!

2 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Bestcreamreview: 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
Your points are not valid at all because many children who grew up with their real parents end up doing yahoo, cultism and other vices. Adoption is not the reason they ended up like that, I can't believe someone would come up with something like this, it makes zero sense, I don't know how some of you think

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Maliqcious: 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2022
Divay22:
Adoption is not the cause but how they were raised..
A baby you adopted or a toddler you adopted doesn't know anything.. Blame it on your father's friend..
Tell them… kids learn by imitation

1 Like

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by sharone21(f): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2022
There is nothing wrong in adopting children....'Children don't have sin'.

For those advocating that the adoption should be kept secret, we all know eg Flavour adopted a boy from Liberia who is growing fine and to being a handsome man

My little concern is in the area of inheritance, will the adopted children get equal share like the biological one or they should just be give something to at least get by in life?

Just asking and I need intelligent response.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by laiperi: 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2022
Please do not blame Op for speaking from personal experience. The way a kid turns out depends not only on genetic but also environmental factors.

It is nature v. nurture.

The majority of those that brought Nigeria down today, in drugs and rituals have legitimate fathers and mothers.

Many fathers and mothers will tell you that out of all their children, those taking care of them today are adopted children from outside or from relatives.

Bestcreamreview:
Your points are not valid at all because many children who grew up with their real parents end up doing yahoo, cultism and other vices. Adoption is not the reason they ended up like that, I can't believe someone would come up with something like this, it makes zero sense, I don't know how some of you think

3 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by cooooooks(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2022
My uncle/aunt adopted 3 children including a niece.

The niece has left the house to her first foster family, the others are good children and part of the family.

Your experience is not the norm.

JackDaAlienz:

It's a huge mess.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by laiperi: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
sharone21:
There is nothing wrong in adopting children....'Children don't have sin'.

For those advocating that the adoption should be kept secret, we all know eg Flavour adopted a boy from Liberia who is growing fine and to being a handsome man

My little concern is in the area of inheritance, will the adopted children get equal share like the biological one or they should just be give something to at least get by in life?

Just asking and I need intelligent response.

The best time to show appreciation to children and adopted children is through inheritance. How much are you willing to give a child that called kidnapper on you because he thinks you are "stingy "?
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by fkj950ax(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
I

It's a huge mess.

I hope you know a majority of every child in the world ends up as raised by the adults in their life from childhood?
Maybe your dads friend did a horrible job raising them. Can that be the problem and not the boys?
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by PoliteActivist: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

My dear, people called Jesus worse names and they even mocked him as "King if jews"
Because Jesus said the Truth

We all know that people don't like to hear the bitter truth, they begin to call you names,insult you and ridicule you for saying the Truth.

You can call me gay
You can call me a bastard
It won't change the hard bitter truth.

Nobody in history of mankind has spoken the Truth and people applaud him.

Moses in the bible was adopted by Egyptians
They raise him like Prince.
Feed him daily, cloth him, care for him

Only for Moses to grow up and join the isrealites and destroy the same Egypt that raised him.
Blood is thicker than water

Here's a shocker - Lord Jesus was himself adopted. Adopted by Joseph who raised him as his own!

2 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dybala11(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

My father's friend loved those 2 boys with all his heart.
Because his wife couldn't birth a boy for him.
He cherished them and pampered them
Bit look at how they treat him 20 years later.

Man had partial stroke after one of them beat him up for asking him where he is coming back from late at night.

Its not by raising them with perfect love
They will exhibit their ORIGINAL parents behavior
What if their father was a Hardcore killer who raped and pregnanted a Mad woman
Mad woman give birth and they put the baby in orphanage.

That baby has the genetics of his ruthless killer father. No matter how much love you show him that baby will still exhibit his original parents behaviour because he has his genes
My apologies, but you haven't said a meaningful thing in your comments. Are you saying that no child has done this and more to their biological parents?
We've heard of several children that killed their parents for money rituals.
Also, are you saying that all the children that are constituting a nuisance to the society and into vices like Yahoo Yahoo, kidnapping etc, were all brought up by adopted parents?
Your write up is full of fallacies, fallacy of hasty generalization. Use your logic hommie, you said you there that your father's friend pampered those kids to a fault and you're still looking for some of the reasons they became what they are today?
We've seen lots of orphans that lived on the street or was adopted by people becoming great people and having a positive influence on others, you just saw just a single case and you're here making wrong conclusions, you even likened yourself to Jesus sef. grin

2 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dybala11(m): 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2022
FeliciaOja:

I feel no amount of nuture can change your true nature.
If your father is tall his kids inherit tall genes
If you father had hot temper issues and you inherit it. No amount of love can change it.
That is why genetics is stronger
So temper is genetic? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by PoliteActivist: 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

This person just wan talk

Here's what I wrote b4:

How many countless times have children of the same parents turned out polar opposites. In almost all the cases it is because the parents spoilt one child for whatever reason (maybe only son out of many girls, or last born) and they grow up wayward, while their siblings turned out hard-working, upright pillars of society!
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dybala11(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
FeliciaOja:

I feel no amount of nuture can change your true nature.
If your father is tall his kids inherit tall genes
If you father had hot temper issues and you inherit it. No amount of love can change it.
That is why genetics is stronger
This your comment shows that you don't understand a thing about genetics. How will you liken temperament to inheritable traits like height, this is ment. grin

2 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Epositive(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
Samcent:

You have a point.

However, knowing his age is not for me to determine his level of intelligence. Is for me to know how to approach this brazen display of malicious ignorance.

Right about that. May the forces help you in your quest.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dybala11(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

The man that I know and saw for 20 years caring and loving his 2 adopted boys unconditionally.
Bought and spent a lot on them
Yet they decided to torment him and leave him with partial stroke.

Now go and tell that man that the reason why the 2 boys are rascals is because he didn't show them love.
You see how stupid you will look saying that?

If you like pet a snake from now till tomorrow
It will still bite you.
How do we now recon this your statement with children that became bad individuals even though they were brought up by their biological children?
Or are you insinuating that all children that grew up to become bad individuals were brought up by adopted parents?
Make it make sense guy. This Nairaland sef. grin
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dybala11(m): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

Majority of the names you listed where kids raised without their fathers but by their mothers or aunt. Or extended family
which means they were raised by their blood relatives
Compared to those who are raised by totally different familes
For 1 successful adopted kid
There are 1000 more that are not successful
Please where did you see this statistics?
Maybe you collated it in the confines of your room. Stop peddling lies alaye. grin
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Aguiyimba(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2022
Nazgul:
For your information, kids who were raised in strict Christian homes still end up as Yahoo boys, drug abusers, cultists, prostitutes...etc. It's all about your parenting skills.

One of the major reason why most adopted kids turn out bad is due to segregation.

They're always constantly being reminded that they're adopted, extended family uncles and aunts wouldn't fully accept them, cousins of their age bracket would be cold towards them (no thanks to their parents who told them that they are adopted and they have no root cos they can't trace them to any family), so in a bid to prove a point most of them seek solace in the wrong company...hence they end up becoming a nuisance themselves, their surrogate family, their environment and the country.

The rule of the thumb is if you must adopt, you and your wife must keep it as a secret...anyone outside both of you mustn't be aware, cos if that child grows up knowing he's adopted, it might affect his mental health because he won't feel secure around you and would constantly be longing for his biological parents.

Comrade may you live long on this earth

1 Like

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Dybala11(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

You are still a kid, until you have your own kids you will understand that it takes.
If you take an orphan, feed them, cloth them and care for them for life.
Which type of love is bigger than that
They are not your biological kids but you sacrifice and hurstle everyday to provide for them.
I ask again, which kind love is bigger than that??
This is what that man did for his 2 adopted boys yet they still torment him.

Do you know if the original parents of those those boys are rascal?
A lion doesn't gove birth to an elephant
A lion gives birth to A LION

So if you like treat the lion like a human
If you like dont spoil the lion
If you like discipline the lion
give it cloth. Give it shoes give it car
That lion will always be a wild animal

I know a nurse who her adopted son is in Malaysia doing yahoo. He fights and beats her before he travelled.
He didn't even tell his mother he was travelling
I'm still laughing reading through your comments guy. grin
So you don't know that animals have something called "INSTINCTS".
You're trying to say that instincts and genetics are the same. They told you to read in high school and you refused, here's the proof of why they told you to do so. Obviously, you won't be here peddling ignorance if you just took your time to read back then. grin

3 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Aguiyimba(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

It's a huge mess.

There are many adopted children that are successful in this country so shut up if you don't have meaningful thing to talk about

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. / 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.