Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? (25739 Views)

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Tohsynetita1: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Starz825:

How far bro
I would like to know how viable the watermelon business was...this is march already...your projection was between November and January...so sup? How did it go....was feasible and profitable?
very profitable, am planning another planting currently
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2023
olisaEze:

My friend focus on reality, do you reside in the same country Bill Gates resides??
lol so obi cubanna is in the same country as bill gate?

It just showed that you didn't go to school to acquire knowledge but to get certificate that is why things look harrd for you, but it is this same country that wizkid used the knowledge of misic to become rich

Mind you wizkid is a high school dropuot

Meanwhile with your certificate you will begging for wizkid to employ you as his gateman
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Tohsynetita1: 8:14am On Mar 12, 2023
GorillaApp:
Can I reach you privately on this? Help a broda man
No problem 0803154250 nine
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Olachase(m): 8:17am On Mar 12, 2023
OkoAnike:

Your location?
I Base here in lagos
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by chickenfoot: 8:17am On Mar 12, 2023
Not really, why?
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 8:17am On Mar 12, 2023
Calibrator:
I hear you.

Stick to your small circle then.... Some people have something called "bigger dreams and aspirations"
I don't need people to succed because I have Lord Jesus Christ the Supreme, the Father of All KNOWLEDGE

My Lord Jesus has given me the valuable skill that will open door for me

The skill will bring the right people with the right mindset towards me

Like I said, any clique that look down at someone because of educational qualification is a small mind group

Wizkid is a high school dropout, but he is far more influential than your cliq that no one knows
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 8:19am On Mar 12, 2023
Yoighaman:

Go to school, get the certificate and also get the knowledge. Anything wrong with that?

I read that you are a Lawyer, if you had gone to some home school to get the knowledge without the certificate, will you be here listing your achievements? Would you have attended Law school?... without a certificate?

Also, if you went to the Uni to get the certificate without the knowledge, will you be proud to state all you have achieved?

Again, go to school, get the certificate with good grades and also get the knowledge.

Very simple.

I don't like argument, I am not a Lawyer.

Stop typing gibberish

Wizkid is a high school dropout but he is far more influential than your Vc
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by oneolajire(m): 8:23am On Mar 12, 2023
Lightway:

YO're actually stewpid. Do you know that ?

It is a mistake for you to be educated. Illiterates a a billion times better than you.

Those who sent you to school to learn how to read and write must be regretting now
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by oneolajire(m): 8:23am On Mar 12, 2023
Lightway:

YO're actually stewpid. Do you know that ?

It is a mistake for you to be educated. Illiterates a a billion times better than you.

Those who sent you to school to learn how to read and write must be regretting now.

Rubbish dot com
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by JohnSamuel35: 8:24am On Mar 12, 2023
[quote author=Sirchiboy post=121670807][/quote]

Move then. Or remain in place of lack

I am setting up a poultry and a maize farm. I have two Nairalanders working with me, there's accommodation, decent two-meals a day feeding, you will be earning up to 60,000 Naira a month after your first 6-7 months.

I encourage you to come join my team.

There will be lots of life-impacting experiences like learning to drive, traveling across different communities, how to operate machines etc. Ogun and Oyo state

Would you be interested?

Details :

Farm Attendants/Workers Needed

Starting Salary : 25,000 Naira

Incentives 2 Meals a day and Accomodation

Option to increase the salary to 40,000 Naira monthly after the first three months

Salary to be increased to 60,000 Naira monthly after the first six months

Salary Growth Structure :

Month 1 - 3 : 25,000 Naira + Two Meals

Month 4 - 7 : 50,000 Naira + 1 Meal

Month 8 - 10 : 80,000 Naira

Month 11 - 14 : 100,000 Naira ( Supervisory/Managerial Level )

Month 15 - 18 - 120,000 Naira ( Supervisory/Managerial Level )

Month 19 - Above : 150,000 Naira

Your roles and responsibilities includes :

Planting Crops

Managing Poultry Farm

Applying Herbicides

Applying Fertilizers

Watering Crops

Coordinating Water Fetchers and making arrangements all farm activities are followed through according to plan

Purchasing Farm Implements and Raw Materials for the project
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Yoighaman(m): 8:26am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:

Stop typing gibberish

Wizkid is a high school dropout but he is far more influential than your Vc

Don't resort to insults, I am very good at responding to such. I will also include your Father and Mother.

Make your points in a reasonable way, otherwise, just ignore this conversation and move on.

Thank you.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 8:30am On Mar 12, 2023
Yoighaman:

Don't resort to insults, I am very good at responding to such. I will also include your Father and Mother.

Make your points in a reasonable way, otherwise, just ignore this conversation and move on.

Thank you.
in summary Your certificate is as useless as your opinion. QED
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Yoighaman(m): 8:38am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
Your certificate is as useless as your opinion. QED

You sound like an illiterate. When a Lawyer or Doctor writes, you don't need a soothsayer to confirm it.

Fake Lawyer. All your friends are SANs grin You can only deceive gullible people like you. Liar.

Fake Lawyer that is subtly supporting people to drop out of school. Any sane professional will encourage people to get an education and bag goods grades on their certificate.

You better face your low life and go back to school.

I owe you just one more response after this one. I will sent you to your parents and children.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Prechgold1180(m): 8:40am On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:
did you think poly will still be relevant in 5 years to come
forget online talk

There is no much difference between poly n university degree

They have same weight

Poly wey don Dey exist since 1950 or so
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by maasoap(m): 8:41am On Mar 12, 2023
Sometimes I feel I made a serious mistake going to the tertiary institution.
I had my OND degree about 8 years ago after several months of job searching I realised I couldn't get a job with it and the OND is just as useless as ssce I decided to get a better degree I wrote jamb I got admitted to the university 5 years ago to study engineering.
Now in a few months to my graduation (if ASUU call off the strike) I feel I made a great mistake going back to school.
I feel all the efforts, time and money is be wasted.
I feel going back to school was a mirage cus after school will I still go back to the street as usual.
Do you ever regret going to school?

I think I do. Wasted a lot of years trying to get admission and doing 5 years course which I ended up not using.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by olisaEze(m): 8:46am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
lol so obi cubanna is in the same country as bill gate?

It just showed that you didn't go to school to acquire knowledge but to get certificate that is why things look harrd for you, but it is this same country that wizkid used the knowledge of misic to become rich

Mind you wizkid is a high school dropuot

Meanwhile with your certificate you will begging for wizkid to employ you as his gateman

The Obi Cubana u mentioned first graduated from school before going into business rather than sitting in one place to wait for a white collar job. Meanwhile, you said things look hard for who? See dis Highway mugu with serious inferiority complex! Be busy imagining other people’s bank statements, instead of being useful to yourself! When u have kids don’t send them to school oo, share them as slaves to others, because your sole purpose on earth is to clap hand. See mentality🤣🤣
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Joeev: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

no problem.

I'm guessing it's over three months now. So how was the yeild?
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Calibrator: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2023
Wizkid has no place in a circle of intellectuals sharing ideas on how to advance the cause of humanity...

I don't know what you people learnt in school if this is up for debate m
TradingGod:
I don't need people to succed because I have Lord Jesus Christ the Supreme, the Father of All KNOWLEDGE

My Lord Jesus has given me the valuable skill that will open door for me

The skill will bring the right people with the right mindset towards me

Like I said, any clique that look down at someone because of educational qualification is a small mind group

Wizkid is a high school dropout, but he is far more influential than your cliq that no one knows
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Tohsynetita1: 8:58am On Mar 12, 2023
Joeev:

I'm guessing it's over three months now. So how was the yeild?
it was a great one.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by PoliteActivist: 8:59am On Mar 12, 2023
gentlegenius:

I stopped reading your long post at this point...

Watch the video below to see what the richest and most successful people are saying about a college degree... they are not saying this to discourage you from reaching their level. They actually know something you don't know: THE WORLD HAS CHANGED.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QY0NDWzk
Good one
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Olachase(m): 9:01am On Mar 12, 2023
Prechgold1180:
forget online talk

There is no much difference between poly n university degree

They have same weight

Poly wey don Dey exist since 1950 or so
thanks for your input bro, after ur HND did you still want to further more, my boss said after his HND he went for PGD believe me that man is currently earning 700k monthly

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by jojothaiv(m): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2023
LordIsaac:
If you give me 1 trillion naira today, the first thing I'd do is enrol for further studies. It's my hobby! grin
You're in spirit, man.

I want to pursue a degree in Classics but there no university in Nigeria that offer such.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by haybhi1(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2023
gentlegenius:

I stopped reading your long post at this point... because...
It is obvious that you don't research or read about some of the most successful people in the world today.
Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Ford, Oprah Winfrey, Richard Brandson and others who dropped out of or never attend University at all, yet became rich and successful? Have you thought about WHY people like Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of school to pursue their business and never went back to complete their education after they became rich?

Personally, I am a graduate, and I regret wasting my time and money in school when I see my peers who never went to school succeeding in their ventures and making more money than I do.
After lots of research, I discovered the sad reality about modern education:
Apart from a few professional courses like Law, Medicine etc, tertiary education is completely useless because...
The world had changed. We are no longer in the Industrial Age. This is Information Age. 95â„… of the courses we still study today in tertiary schools were designed for the Industrial Age(1920s - 2000). The knowledge acquired through these courses had since expired. People only acquire these expired knowledge for boastfulness, not usefulness. Most of the brilliant students I knew that graduated with 1st class are teaching in private schools today, and most of these private school owners are not even graduates. Education is good, don't get me wrong, but the education that is beneficial today is no longer what you learn from your school curriculum.
Just check around your environment and you'll discover that most of the people who are making good money and are rich, comfortable and successful are business owners who never went to school. Check the top richest people in the world and you'll find people who are investors, business owners, or Information technology gurus who either never attended University, or didn't achieve their feat through the knowledge they acquired in school.
University education was only useful in the past. I believe that the usefulness of a college degree and the knowledge acquired along stops in 2000 when the world changed. In the 90s, I still remember that most of the rich and successful people in my community were those who get good jobs through the degrees they get from Universities. I was in secondary school then, and my father used to point at those people as examples to motivate me to study hard, pass my exams, go to University, get a degree and succeed like them. That is no longer the case today. WHAT HAPPENED? The world changed! Hence, people must change to adapt to the new order or be left behind. Millions of graduates are idle today, and even the ones that manage to get jobs are actually underemployed. It's not only a Nigerian problem, its global.
Pls research about this things and you'll discover even more than what I told you here.
Watch the video below to see what the richest and most successful people are saying about a college degree... they are not saying this to discourage you from reaching their level. They actually know something you don't know: THE WORLD HAS CHANGED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QY0NDWqzk

Although, you raised good points. You really do. I spoke from experience anyway, I mean people I know who education opens the best doors for, in this present age o.
I like your points too sha. Looking out for and being specifically intentional with education and/or combining it with the street, I think that's it.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Prechgold1180(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:
thanks for your input bro, after ur HND did you still want to further more, my boss said after his HND he went for PGD believe me that man is currently earning 700k monthly

Bro like I said
Life is good

I am currently earning close to that monthly
Thou am self employed
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by maasoap(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2023
christejames:

It's obvious the school you graduated from or about to graduate from didn't pass through you as you did the school...

If it did you won't be reasoning this way.

Many graduates are roaming the streets of Nigeria. 10, 15 years after graduation, their certificates couldn't get them jobs. You're forced to look for the alternatives

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Olachase(m): 9:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Prechgold1180:

Bro like I said
Life is good

I am currently earning close to that monthly
Thou am self employed

alright bro thanks for your time enjoy ur weekend
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by maasoap(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2023
hardbody:

Did you also tear the knowledge and skills acquired? That bro, is the real education. The certificate is only proof that you acquired those skills. Dont get it twisted bro

And you don't think people will ask for the proof, right? What are you even saying? You're the one twisting what he experienced
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Ginomel(m): 9:56am On Mar 12, 2023
christejames:
Even though I'm not currently using the certificate I acquired to work (resigned* last year), I'm still grateful I had the certificate...

Going to tertiary institutions should not be solely for the aim of the certificate or the financial benefits the certificate can be used for but the knowledge gained which should be very vital for the society. Schools should refine you to become a better version of yourself smiley

Don't mind those regretting. Believe you me, passing through higher institution improves one's intellectual capacity.

Have you had any encounter with those that didn't go to school but in a position of authority probably due to experience gained over the years but no certificate. You will understand that going to school is very important.

They have complex issues, very low reasoning capability and difficult to work with.

If you have not experienced this in a professional setting, you won't understand the importance of education. It's not just about the certificate

3 Likes

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Rick9(m): 9:58am On Mar 12, 2023
School and Education is not the same thing
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by nony43(m): 10:01am On Mar 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
seed is the easiest stuff. Agronomical store sell enough of it.

Is there a particular specie it that is better than the rest? Do you need to fight any plant diseases?
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by RevolverOcelot(m): 10:06am On Mar 12, 2023
Ginomel:

Don't mind those regretting. Believe you me, passing through higher institution improves one's intellectual capacity.

Have you had any encounter with those that didn't go to school but in a position of authority probably due to experience gained over the years but no certificate. You will understand that going to school is very important.

They have complex issues, very low reasoning capability and difficult to work with.

If you have not experienced this in a professional setting, you won't understand the importance of education. It's not just about the certificate

Everyday I thank God I went to school

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools / University Of Ilorin 2015/2016 Admission Thread / Oxford University's African Studies Centre Blocks David Hundeyin On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.