Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? (25728 Views)

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Olachase(m): 6:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Brunicekid:
The sky is your starting point, bro.
thanks bro I never stop believing
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by nony43(m): 6:34am On Mar 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Best thing is to go and think of how to make money, if you make money schooling will be easy and not a time wasted one. To me, anything education in Nigeria is over, I can't study anymore in Nigeria, I prefer to gather the money and do a business within some months. After making money, I will then leave. Ave done research on watermelon farming, have got land, got haulage service, got buyers in Lagos, just to plant by November and sell by January, within 3 months, expenses of 150k will make me about 3millions. Watermelon, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes are plants not really planted in South West, Majority plants cassava,maize, yam. The plants above takes time unlike the former plants. All ripe within 3 months, in 3 months, you make your money, No amount you can take to places like Lagos that will be enough for them. Lagos population is about 22million, so, consumption is high there. An acre should give about 3000 fruits of it. If you continue getting degree without using the degree to work or make tangible income, You might be wasting your time unknowingly. Have planted watermelon before, only on a subsistence base.

Where will you get the seeds from?
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Joshkid(m): 6:35am On Mar 12, 2023
haybhi1:
On a deeper note, dear people, please listen.

Do! Not! Be! Ever! Deceived!
Education is not and can never be a scam!

Being helped with miracle centres, and helped with admission, and graduating with lower, 3rd class, pass etc is not education and is barely ever going to fix you anywhere in another person's business! I mean even you will not employ yourself with this kind of result!

Are you blind or deaf ni? I know you know the truth but you purposely blind yourself to it.
I can't count countless of my peers who are well educated and are extremely comfortable and even posed for more success ahead.

Soyinka, by virtue of being a NP, will never have his luggage checked at any port in the world. Too, Ngozi Iweala, ambassadors, and some others educated fellows are in this category. For education, these are possible.

Whereas, Dangote, Musk, Bezos will be checked of routine security regulation at most ports in the world.

That doesn't make education sound like a scam to me. I mean no random Emeka, Kemi, Rufai would easily enjoy these reverence because they were not educated. Nothing that brings comfort and fulfillment can ever be a scam. Show me the person in top 10 richest who didn't pass through education - some attended the best schools in their country just to get education and drop out when they did while others graduated - one thing is clear however, they attained education!

Don't fall for the popular ongoing "education na scam" narrative. It is famous for two reasons:
1. The educated ones don't want you educated. They prefer to enjoy whatever prestige it brings alone, alongside their kins. They're glad you continue to look up to them in some ways.
2. It's mongers failed in education and so have no place in it. Thus, they don't want you to do it, because then you may usurp them in (social) status.

If education is your passion, do stop at nought. even at 35. It will never be a scam!
WORD cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 6:35am On Mar 12, 2023
OmarBashir:
Everyone no matter how successful they are always feel bad not acquiring a degree especially if they had the opportunity previously. Deep down not acquiring a certificate still haunts your friend. Why do you think most of them do go back to school either for even certificate courses after they are rich.
most of them talk about how well they don't need the certificate once they are successful but deep down it is a subject of pain and regret that they just have to say so as to quench and suppress the regret.

anybody that go back to school after making it in life have low self esteem

Because education means obtaining knowledge but the reason why these men are going back to school is so that people will not see them as illiterate
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 6:41am On Mar 12, 2023
Inner19:

If the "Billionaire" is coming to life the second time, let him come as an African (Nigerian) from a poor home with no resources.

He would realise that our "our struggles are different".

Even the richest man in Africa Dangote has a University Degree.
the same University degree that have made millions of nigerian youth poor and hopeless?

Lol.....by now as a University Graduate you should know the difference between knowledge and certificate

Didn't they teach you that in school?
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Starz825(m): 6:41am On Mar 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Best thing is to go and think of how to make money, if you make money schooling will be easy and not a time wasted one. To me, anything education in Nigeria is over, I can't study anymore in Nigeria, I prefer to gather the money and do a business within some months. After making money, I will then leave. Ave done research on watermelon farming, have got land, got haulage service, got buyers in Lagos, just to plant by November and sell by January, within 3 months, expenses of 150k will make me about 3millions. Watermelon, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes are plants not really planted in South West, Majority plants cassava,maize, yam. The plants above takes time unlike the former plants. All ripe within 3 months, in 3 months, you make your money, No amount you can take to places like Lagos that will be enough for them. Lagos population is about 22million, so, consumption is high there. An acre should give about 3000 fruits of it. If you continue getting degree without using the degree to work or make tangible income, You might be wasting your time unknowingly. Have planted watermelon before, only on a subsistence base.
How far bro
I would like to know how viable the watermelon business was...this is march already...your projection was between November and January...so sup? How did it go....was feasible and profitable?
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by GorillaApp(m): 6:43am On Mar 12, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Can I reach you privately on this? Help a broda man
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by billgabb(m): 6:47am On Mar 12, 2023
Please, I like this business idea. I have a piece of undeveloped land in south east, Ebonyi State precisely.
How can I go about this your idea? Will those crops do well? I have some 200k. Educate me please. Zero et one tri for fiv nyn nyn tri nyn one. Thank you.
Tohsynetita1:

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by NoToPile: 6:47am On Mar 12, 2023
Never, I even did a masters, my mum was practically on my neck for it.

The job I got later was because of that same Masters not my Bachelors.

Education (formal) is never a scam, you can never get some jobs without some certificates/certifications.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by NoToPile: 6:52am On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:
I went to a technical college 3 years (Mechanical Engineering) within 3 years I have worked with 5 manufacturing companies as Mechanical Technician, I'm currently taking home 100+ salary, by next year I will enrolled for OND then HND, my boss told me I will be needing those certificates in future time for promotions and salary bargain, I'm not ashamed I want to start my OND at the age of 27

Pls nairaland guard me Dos and Dont in polytechnic

If it's for promotions it better you have OND and Bachelors or go for Bachelors degree straight.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by oneclickng: 6:53am On Mar 12, 2023
cry

Sometimes I do. I feel depressed lot of times seeing my certificate don't bring a dime to me and I'm languishing in lack and full of despair.
Contact jagaban
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Yoighaman(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
lol
A man that believe that certificate and education are the same thing is the biggest ignorant man in the room

Stop this deceitful narrative. I am not here to argue, but if you feel education is a scam, please don't send your children to school.

Also, if you feel certificate is a scam, let your children out of school, so they can be as great as Okonjo-Iweala or Akinwumi Adesina.

And if you think Dangote did not go to school, that's fine.

Best wishes.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 7:00am On Mar 12, 2023
hardbody:

I am a lawyer.
I live in my personal house - in designated High brow part of Lagos
I have other landed properties, some outside Lagos
I have reasonable investments in cash and near cash
I go for vacation in choice environments yearly
I run a charity and help people
I have a number of movable assets (choice cars)
I am in my 40's.
I will always be a lawyer.
QED.
you went for the knowledge but unfortunately millions of young nigerians are being brainwashed daily from their parents to their peers to go for the certificate rather than the knowledge
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 7:02am On Mar 12, 2023
Yoighaman:

Stop this deceitful narrative. I am not here to argue, but if you feel education is a scam, please don't send your children to school.

Also, if you feel certificate is a scam, let your children out of school, so they can be as great as Okonjo-Iweala or Akinwumi Adesina.

And if you think Dangote did not go to school, that's fine.

Best wishes.

If you don't know the difference between knowledge and certificate then it means you went to school to get certificate and not knowledge
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by nizelgirl(f): 7:03am On Mar 12, 2023
No I don't. The knowledge and experience I gain in the school as a engineering student is what I used to create a job for myself and I'm thanking God for it. So don't regret going to school look for a problem to solve around you and money will come knocking at your door.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by TradingGod: 7:12am On Mar 12, 2023
NoToPile:
Never, I even did a masters, my mum was practically on my neck for it.

The job I got later was because of that same Masters not my Bachelors.

Education (formal) is never a scam, you can never get some jobs without some certificates/certifications.
Ignorant man

Knowledge and Skills gives you jobs and not certificate

If not the millions of unemployed graduates would have been employed by now automatically

The only value your certificate will give you is if you have the opportunity to bribe your way to get a job that is always different from what you studied in school which is actually unethical because it is your knowledge that you studied in the scholl that is supposed to open doors for you and not your 'connections'
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Prechgold1180(m): 7:14am On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:
did you regret going to poly instead of uni

No bro

The only regret is trying to get admission twice

First u buy ND form

After 2 years u get to graduate from ND

You get to buy another form again HND
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Barbiturate(m): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2023
Oh yes and yes, yes, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

If I'd joined spare parts dealers when I was young, I would have been in serious money
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by ukaface(f): 7:18am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:

Your uncle have low self esteem ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ
nope I donโ€™t feel itโ€™s low self esteem
He sees it as an added advantage
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Sirchiboy: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Smartguyboy:
I have my HND since 2018 I am not sure if I will ever use it for anything but I pray I use it .

What are you doing now
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Backpedal: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2023
NEVERR
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Sirchiboy: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2023
JohnSamuel35:

I am bilding an intergrated farming system. We started off with chickens and would expand it later in the year to 10,000 - 20,000 chickens. For now, we're handling crops on a large scale. You studied Agric right? Would you like to work on my team? Let me know

Hit me up

Interested but based in ph

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Yoighaman(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:

If you don't know the difference between knowledge and certificate then it means you went to school to get certificate and not knowledge

Go to school, get the certificate and also get the knowledge. Anything wrong with that?

I read that you are a Lawyer, if you had gone to some home school to get the knowledge without the certificate, will you be here listing your achievements? Would you have attended Law school?... without a certificate?

Also, if you went to the Uni to get the certificate without the knowledge, will you be proud to state all you have achieved?

Again, go to school, get the certificate with good grades and also get the knowledge.

Very simple.

I don't like argument, I am not a Lawyer.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Ajilityy: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2023
If I had used that 5yrs inside Onitsha main market, I for don own 4decken somewhere...its good to be learned shaa
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Sirchiboy: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2023
hardbody:

I am a lawyer.
I live in my personal house - in designated High brow part of Lagos
I have other landed properties, some outside Lagos
I have reasonable investments in cash and near cash
I go for vacation in choice environments yearly
I run a charity and help people
I have a number of movable assets (choice cars)
I am in my 40's.
I will always be a lawyer.
QED.

Can you employ me as your gateman
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Olachase(m): 7:41am On Mar 12, 2023
Prechgold1180:

No bro

The only regret is trying to get admission twice

First u buy ND form

After 2 years u get to graduate from ND

You get to buy another form again HND
did you think poly will still be relevant in 5 years to come
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by LordIsaac(m): 7:44am On Mar 12, 2023
Mercury12:
so your acquired first degree cant give you 1 trillion naira except someone gives you it to you? undecided
What guarantee do you have that your masters and PhD will gives your such amount of money in this clime undecided
My rationale for further studies is not to get money.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Calibrator: 7:59am On Mar 12, 2023
I hear you.

Stick to your small circle then.... Some people have something called "bigger dreams and aspirations"
TradingGod:

I can never be associated in a circle that look down on people because of their educational qualification.

That is a small mindset association

Only people with low self esteem will take such a circle serious
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by olisaEze(m): 8:01am On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
Billgate dropped out and he is richer than your generation cheesy

My friend focus on reality, do you reside in the same country Bill Gates resides??
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by toloohthegreat: 8:07am On Mar 12, 2023
I love your courage. May your road be clear and your sky be laced.
In the mean time, pls let's note that it is not 'guard' but 'guide' you through.

Olachase:
I went to a technical college 3 years (Mechanical Engineering) within 3 years I have worked with 5 manufacturing companies as Mechanical Technician, I'm currently taking home 100+ salary, by next year I will enrolled for OND then HND, my boss told me I will be needing those certificates in future time for promotions and salary bargain, I'm not ashamed I want to start my OND at the age of 27

Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by Tohsynetita1: 8:08am On Mar 12, 2023
nony43:

Where will you get the seeds from?
seed is the easiest stuff. Agronomical store sell enough of it.
Re: Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? by OkoAnike(m): 8:10am On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:

Your location?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Teacher Accepts 500k Retweets To Cancel Students Final Exam - Pictures / Unilag Students Sleep Outside Over Re-absorption Forms (photos) / Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.