Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? (39570 Views)

Can I Bring A Dog In A Plane From USA To Nigeria? / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by ednut1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Agony of a lonely 33plus nigerian woman in Canada. They will bring the man over and start reminding him what they did for him. You cant win with this gender

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Germi9: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
In as much as you shouldn’t work with your feelings,there’s need for you to help him over without aspiring to get anything in return
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by hustla(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

That’s true and I bet old age/menopause is knocking already.

cheesy
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by OdefaGirl(f): 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2022
advanceDNA:

But the comments are different....some said she shouldn't do it that naija men will cheat....
Everybody cant have the same view....

The comments on the 1st page said it all......
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by tunapawizzy: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2022
chigoziri2403:
What is your aim of bringing him to Canada
Loool
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Ekugbeh(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:
I knew him before leaving the country. He was in Nigeria and was doing quite okay, even though I was earning more than him.

We separated for a while since I wanted to focus a little on my new life. But recently, we connected again. I'm just realizing I still have something for him in spite of the time and distance. But I'm really confused about starting anything because it will mean that I have to bring him over.

What are the chances he won't take advantage of me?
And if it were to be the other way round, would you mind him bringing you over?
Balderdash cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by juman(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
Discuss with him at length.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by duduade: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
chigoziri2403:
What is your aim of bringing him to Canada

As her future partner na

grin
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by advanceDNA: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
OdefaGirl:

The comments on the 1st page said it all......

Anyways...u are a woman...jumping into conclusion is your thing.....

A thread tgat will reach not less than 10 pages, but to you page one has said it all....thats why u all cry bashing here...because u conclude on a few comments
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by lawrenzooo: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:
I knew him before leaving the country. He was in Nigeria and was doing quite okay, even though I was earning more than him.

We separated for a while since I wanted to focus a little on my new life. But recently, we connected again. I'm just realizing I still have something for him in spite of the time and distance. But I'm really confused about starting anything because it will mean that I have to bring him over.

You still have something for him, how are you sure he still feels something for you....
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Amumaigwe: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:

This is what men do everyday for women hoping for the best. The same you are conducting a press conference for to ascertain if he will take advantage of you. Which means that you plan to hold him down as one of your pets never to breathe. This mindset has already ruined the chances of achieving whatever your objectives are. No real man will succumb to that.
By way of advice, go ahead and bring him to Canada that is if there is any advantage in it. If it goes sour, just console yourself with the fact that you have done a human being a good turn.

That's how i roll.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by jubrilELsudan: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2022
YOU ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN HIM BECAUSE YOU NO SEE HUSBAND WEY GO MARRY YOU FOR THE CANADA WEY YOU DEY

6 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by OdefaGirl(f): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2022
advanceDNA:

Anyways...u are a woman...jumping into conclusion is your thing.....

A thread tgat will reach not less than 10 pages, but to you page one has said it all....thats why u all cry bashing here...because u conclude on a few comments

I didn't lie..... And if you can do yourself the favour of reading my first comment, you would notice that I said... "Some of you"
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by DrinkWater10: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:

I remember you from your old 2018 post seeking advice on whether to use your Canada visa or stay back. I'm happy you chose Canada.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Cincinnatus: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2022
Assist him to join you.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by advanceDNA: 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2022
OdefaGirl:

I didn't lie..... And if you can do yourself the favour of reading my first comment, you would notice that I said... "Some of you"

I never accused you of lying...dont get triggered.....i accused you of running into conclusuon based on some comments of front page....btw.. u never used "some" ...u packed nairaland guys...u said guys here were all dragging her in the mud
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by tunapawizzy: 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2022
How do you define "taking advantage of you".

Does he still have feelings for you? I hope he ever had feelings for you.

Do you really desire him or he's the one available and clock is ticking

That you earned more than him in Nigeria. Of what relevance is that information to the story or what u want to achieve.

I just wan understand weytin dey live inside u...

On d surface looks to me like u wnat to use immigration ticket to buy a husband.....it will work if the man is a naturally grateful person and you stop assuming that you are d one helping him, una wan help each other ni, tell yourselves the truth and establish that u both deserve to be grateful to each other, then una go dey alright.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by advanceDNA: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Cincinnatus:
Assist him to join you.

Women are not stupid like men.....they are the real redpillers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by grandstar(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:

You're completely correct! How will you know? He might also be coming over based on starry-eyed views of Canada and not ready for realities on the ground. I generally feel it is best to marry someone on the ground, whether a Nigerian or a non-Nigerian. The only snag is Nigerian girls no dey like to marry Oyinbo

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by ppogba: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
PJ123:
By the way, when did you become a Canadian consular officer to grant visa to anyone you like?
You have no power to bring anyone into any country except he or she was part of your dependants in your application process.
If not, you have no such power.

To bring any other person outside your dependant lists in your application, you prove beyond reasonable that he's your spouse.
You have to first get Marry to him and kick-start his process of your 'spouse' joining you and not friend.
The best you can do for him now is to provide useful information about his own independent application to relocate,which I think good friends should provide for one another without any emotional attachment, and this doesn't guarantee him getting approved.

Thank you my brother.
Some of the posts here are outright silly. One would have thought with the " few days'" she has spent in Canada she should know what you pointed out.
It is like someone giving you an assurance of an American visa because he/ she works at the embassy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Konjiboii: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
I wrote about a situation a friend of mine went through recently with his babe that traveled to Canada , you see bah. A guy won't hesitate to bring his woman abroad but for women they will make a big deal about it and consult pastor,dibia,disturb God about it..I guarantee you that the UK statistics about Nigerians bringing their dependants is majorly 98% male.
Nigerian women are the most dubious and selfish being ever. The sooner men realize this fact the sooner we start building for only "us" we may live longer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Bankowner: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
He was in Nigeria
Where is he now? If he's out of Nigeria, why want to bring him to Canada? You can as well go join him where he is.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by phurlar(m): 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
Follow your mind. If he is open to it, then give it a try.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by bluefilm: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:

Nobody on this planet knows the chances of him taking advantage of you or not.

The best you can do for yourself is to keep an open mind AND never expect anything from anyone.

That way, you will never be disappointed by what they do or didn't do.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by BigCowHornn: 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2022
Jimmythewise:
The answer is yes.

That being said, do it as a favor. Expect nothing in return, that's how to overcome disappointment before it happens. If he is wise you won't regret it.

Best advice.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by advanceDNA: 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2022
tunapawizzy:
How do you define "taking advantage of you".

Does he still have feelings for you? I hope he ever had feelings for you.

Do you really desire him or he's the one available and clock is ticking

That you earned more than him in Nigeria. Of what relevance is that information to the story or what u want to achieve.

I just wan understand weytin dey live inside u...

On d surface looks to me like u wnat to use immigration ticket to buy a husband.....it will work if the man is a naturally grateful person and you stop assuming that you are d one helping him, una wan help each other ni, tell yourselves the truth and establish that u both deserve to be grateful to each other, then una go dey alright.

With this her mentality, the guy will be walking on field land mines everyday...

because every fight may lead to her accusing him of being ungrateful she brought him to canada

...if the guy dare breakup even if shes at fault ....he's in trouble.....because to her now..she has done the ultimate sacrifice by bringing him abroad

5 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by ppogba: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
skales67:

No mind the babe. African Black women and the least sought after women in Canada and Europe and most parts of the United States. Caucasian men prefer their fellow Caucasians, Latino, Asian and Hispanic women to African women. For African men, the reverse is the case...African men are the most sought after men by Caucasian women.

She has probably gone there and no man is looking at her and konjí don dey nack her left and right and she suddenly "remembers" the guy she she wants to use as a sex slave.

You grab the gist
She wants to grab what she badly needs under the pretence of doing the guy a favor.

I could remember way back when a man came with his four(4) daughters from Canada and was desperately seeking for good guys for them. No joke. Real life story.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by xeju: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2022
Confusedgirlie:

You're in a situation of "what might be", it's a gamble. So think whether you can cope when your slip cut
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by advanceDNA: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2022
Aguiyimba:

Things women do. Just because you want to help a guy you don carry am come nairaland if na man his left hand will not hear about it.

This thread is funny......
Shes not buying him a car oooo...
Shes not buying him a house ooo....

See her over thinking before doing something they will both enjoy....

...i will always say it women are not stupid...they are the real redpillers....they are way smarter than men...

. if na man..he go don collect loan for work to bring her, over all expense paid.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by aestake: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2022
pansophist:
Because you have a thing for him is not a good reason to bring him over to Canada. The question you should be asking yourself is if he is a man of character, a good man, a good husband, and potentially a good father. Emotions are fleeting, and you should never make decisions solely based on them.

Since you have known him before you left for Canada, then you should have an idea of his kind of personality. If you are convinced that he is a good man, then marry him.
Is she a good person? Abi everyone in Canada is good?

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by Commissionguru: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2022
DaniWhizbang:
And what package do you have for him soon as he arrives? If you're not the type that go on wailing and cursing men with the "after all I did for him" then I suggest you weigh the situation. If the cost outweighs the benefits, then you know what to do.

Meanwhile, I can't really understand why a man will leave his home for a woman. Never a good move to make. It should be the other way round

Sapa never sapalize you.

Old things have passed away, behold all things have become new.
Re: Should I Bring Him Over To Canada? by brandsoncharlie: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
QuinModah:
No
Why not make your reasons known than saying no just like that.
Be interesting, don't be dry like that.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) / Owu Waterfalls – Kwara State (Pictures) / Truck Collides With Bus In Agulu, Anambra,16 Killed (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.