Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? (35444 Views)

Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. / 10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by vexing(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
1234ben:

Pls analyse ur expenses. I ve 3 kids and a wife, weekly on a manage level, my wife spends up to 30-40k
meat 5k,
Chicken/fish 3-4k
Soup ingredient 2k
Tomatoes 2-4k
Kids Bobo/Biscuits. 5k
Sachet water(2bags). 2.2k
Gen fuel. 2k
Fuel for car. 5k
Miscellaneous. 10k
Total. 36k -44k.
This is based on d facts that there foodstuff at home.

I was surprised to see people saying 20k oh. iIspent about 30k to 35k weekly and this is without adding, rice, beans, semo, garri, red oil, grandnut oil, NEPA bill and Data oh.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by shegra58: 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
20k for a whole family?

Cos as a single guy, i spend 70-80k monthly.

Please someone shu take me out of this Rivers state.
you tend to spend less when you're married I'm talking from experience
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by ayatoncee(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
15k with 2 kids but there is food stuff @ home
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by dahunsi12(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Slynation:
I'm just hear to learn...But as a single guy, I Mastered the act of buying everything in bulk from my dad and uncle...

Bro. I learnt that when I was single and I can tell you for free buying in bulk is the best and it saves alot of stress and money. please when you get marry stick to the act of buying in bulk

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by translux(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Really , I thought I was the only one spending this much, I always give madam30k every Monday for the Week, though for 4 kids, I stay in Island from Monday to Friday, on My own I manage 10k myself for the week, that's a total 40k on weekly basis and N120k a month, I have been trying to reduce this but I don't want the kids to suffer, they were well fed and if I reduced that amount, it would affect the children feeding.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by PaulajBen(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
20k for a whole family?

Cos as a single guy, i spend 70-80k monthly.

Please someone shu take me out of this Rivers state.

Money wey u use go bearbarn no follow for home running cost oh. I'm also a single guy in Port Harcourt and I don't spend 70-80k a week for just what I will eat, fuel and others. when you go groove your money finish you come here dey shout

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by grafixdon: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
With food at home 30k without food stuff 50-60k family of 5
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by vexing(m): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
skedman:
just one kid
My weekly expenses

Ikedc 10,000
Gotv. 3000
Generator fuel 5000
Food
Rice. 3400
Pepper 2000
Chicken 5,000
Pure water 750
Transport fare wife 2500
Car fuel. 10,000
Biscuit and caprizone 500
Total. 37150
What about soup and pocket money in case you need to buy recharged card. What about eggs and beverages. What about noodles and maybe plantains.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by olamilekan9(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
wallarwallar:

D way people lie on dis forum hen.. Na every week u dey pay 4 gotv maka why? U, Ur wife and one kid go finish 3400 rice within a week wen no be say na only rice na dey eat 10k fuel for a week na uber u dey do abi no be to go work and come bak.. 5k fuel na house na dey work ni and pepper 2k for a week na dey drink pepper for na House
for the fuel part i can testify to that,i spend nothing less than 15k on fuel per week….no cap �…my area no light for ages
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by chuksPraise50(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yahoo Boys,Stay out of this trend grin
Exmilitant:
Single with so many hanger-on, plus relatives who crawled out of the woods.

I spend more than 250k Monday to Friday.
Saturdays and Sundays over 300k.

Street dey pay sha cool

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Even people wey no send pass 5k, dey quote 1 million.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by tribalmall: 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
Buy bobo n biscuit in packs

1234ben:

Pls analyse ur expenses. I ve 3 kids and a wife, weekly on a manage level, my wife spends up to 30-40k
meat 5k,
Chicken/fish 3-4k
Soup ingredient 2k
Tomatoes 2-4k
Kids Bobo/Biscuits. 5k
Sachet water(2bags). 2.2k
Gen fuel. 2k
Fuel for car. 5k
Miscellaneous. 10k
Total. 36k -44k.
This is based on d facts that there foodstuff at home.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Eteka1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
70k per week minimum
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Rubbiish(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
shegra58:
you tend to spend less when you're married I'm talking from experience
Hmm?
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
Exmilitant:
Single with so many hanger-on, plus relatives who crawled out of the woods.

I spend more than 250k Monday to Friday.
Saturdays and Sundays over 300k.

Street dey pay sha cool

My friend go and sit down, this is a lie.

The question is on family running.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by MeridianAutos(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
USD 800 weekly. My two children are teenagers. Na wa o! The struggle is real. Can't wait for the older one to go to University next year.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by InspektorRino: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
I have three kids I spend 5k weekly and I live in a 2 bedroom apartment.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by biafranrealson: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
5k daily on food alone
Wife + 5 kids
Weekly total budget is N50k
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by vexing(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Godfullsam:
I am married with 2 kids. I drop 10k every Friday for my wife.

But there is always stuff like red oil, veg oil, rice, beans, semo, yam, garri etc we buy these items in large quantities to last for at least 3 months including cooking gas. (I fill my 12.5kg every 3 months, we do supplement with charcoal and electric burner especially if she wants to cook beans and other foods that take time to done)

The 10k is mainly for soup and other minor stuff.
If you monetise the things mentioned above, I bet you will be spending about 30k weekly. You didn't add transportation for yourself

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Michelle70(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
PaulajBen:

Money wey u use go bearbarn no follow for home running cost oh. I'm also a single guy in Port Harcourt and I don't spend 70-80k a week for just what I will eat, fuel and others. when you go groove your money finish you come here dey shout
Bymuying gas and Feeding alone cost me up to 45k
Internet sub
DSTV sub
fuel for generator weh i deh on ones in a while

I do not smoke nor womanize, i am talking about what i spend
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Pierocash(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Announced3:
I'm a serving Corp member.. still single but I spent #2,200 per week in Benue grin
grin this is not up to my daily feeding. Only me oo
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Akeema14: 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
we use to stock rice (half bag, last for 3 months) and gari (big rubber, last for 2 months) and dried maise (to be soak small small and converted into pap which last for months too. So, with this we have 3 standing foods stocked at home. So, we spend only like 4k weekly, some times 3k weekly. any food we are craving, we just buy small quantity to eat, then go back to our home food stuff. some times instead of cooking beans with gas, we just buy outside, (#150 in two places) then top with gari(at times bread). some times we buy ilata (1/3) then cook with #100 charcoal. if we crave for moinmoin, we do buy #100 in two places and top with gari. some times we cook stew for our stocked rice. sometimes, vegetable, some times melon. we keep rolling good without pressure (the only little pressure time is for our half bag of rice not to go down). thank God for the wife i marry (she understand and support a lot). any amount i give her as upkeep daily, no complain, whether #100 or #200 or #1000 or more. kid is on d way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Adek15(m): 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
I think this thread should be extended to Lagos and specifically island alone. As a single guy, I spend nothing less than 70k a month and it’s not like I’m even eating ‘tooth’ foods, driving car and I don’t take beer nor patronize Olosho.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Adek15(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
Akeema14:
we use to stock rice (half bag, last for 3 months) and gari (big rubber, last for 2 months) and dried maise (to be soak small small and converted into pap which last for months too. So, with this we have 3 standing foods stocked at home. So, we spend only like 4k weekly, some times 3k weekly. any food we are craving, we just buy small quantity to eat, then go back to our home food stuff. some times instead of cooking beans with gas, we just buy outside, (#150 in two places) then top with gari(at times bread). some times we buy ilata (1/3) then cook with #100 charcoal. if we crave for moinmoin, we do buy #100 in two places and top with gari. some times we cook stew for our stocked rice. sometimes, vegetable, some times melon. we keep rolling good without pressure (the only little pressure time is for our half bag of rice not to go down). thank God for the wife i marry (she understand and support a lot). any amount i give her as upkeep daily, no complain, whether #100 or #200 or #1000 or more. kid is on d way.
wow!! You’re very lucky

3 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by LekkiG: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
[APC member detected, they can lie for African

quote author=VictorUSA post=117575757]I have 2 kids and i spend nothing less than 1 million a day.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by ADSP116(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
My children don't eat much before,but now,they consume like desert donkeys.

5 Likes

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Rubbiish(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
translux:
Really , I thought I was the only one spending this much, I always give madam30k every Monday for the Week, though for 4 kids, I stay in Island from Monday to Friday, on My own I manage 10k myself for the week, that's a total 40k on weekly basis and N120k a month, I have been trying to reduce this but I don't want the kids to suffer, they were well fed and if I reduced that amount, it would affect the children feeding.
When I see the sacrifice & discomfort we go through to ensure our kids are ok, I only realize we can never appreciate our parents enough. Guess if not for family, every man out there would be rich.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Rubbiish(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
ADSP116:
My children don't eat much before,but now,they consume like desert donkeys.
Lol
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Cutehector(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Babyboyforeal:
Nigerians too like suffer, why will you have 5 kids in this hard economy
so he should kill all his children because Nigeria's economy is bad in 2022.

Was the economy bad 5yrs ago? You people with your useless reasoning.
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by kingsceemark(m): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
I have 2 kids and i spend nothing less than 1 million a day.

Thief
Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by stEmmy96(m): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
I have twins and this week alone, I've spent 20k on toys, 25k on red oil, and another 20k for kids supplies which I do twice in 3 weeks, this is excluding mobility, monthly tv, phone and power bills that I have used almost 10k to settle this week, food is not inclusive because I buy in bulk... Na God dey help us sha... E no easy.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? by Cutehector(m): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
Birdman07090:
I'm a single guy living alone in delta, I spend more than 50k weekly, so I'm surprised to be hearing that people are spending 20k weekly with them family, make orna give me the secret of spending
the secret is to marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Wife Is Seeking For Divorce And She Is Crying / The 3 Kids who Survived a Trailer Accident In Awka, Anambra / Woman Gives Birth On The Streets In Onitsha (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.