Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,866 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44373 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by BigCowHornn: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Lol, 32 and you think she is old?

Me and her are mates and when i talk in some circles in my village they will tell me to sit the fvck down that I am a small boy.
I swear life no balance at all... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by faithfull18(f): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
BigCowHornn:

Lol, 32 and you think she is old?

Me and her are mates and when i talk in some circles in my village they will tell me to sit the fvck down that I am a small boy.
I swear life no balance at all... grin grin grin grin grin
You don't have money that's why.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by BigCowHornn: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
faithfull18:

You don't have money that's why.

Invits to certain social circles in my place is by age not money. Having money is a given but age is the prime factor.

None of them is less than 40
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by faithfull18(f): 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
BigCowHornn:

Invits to certain social circles in my place is by age not money. Having money is a given for aspirants but there are other factors.

Age is number 1
None of them is less than 40
Okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / How Often Should Couples Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.