Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44487 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Stargurl20(f): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
how old are you
I'm 23
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Munzy14(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:
WTF is your business? She's an adult and she's fulfilled! What's norms to you, your mother and everyone else, is not norms to her!

I'm glad I have nobody like you as a sibling. Disgusting thing!
Nobody wants to be in OP's shoes...It's been attack attack all the way. grin

The reality is, if I have a sister approaching 30, unmarried, I will genuinely be in his shoes but think differently.

I mean, You pass from Who born am, to who marry am as a lady.

Same goes to a man Approaching 40 and unmarried, It calls for urgent Umunna meeting as well. cheesy

Necessary things must be done as at when due.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by olaoye15(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
It seems guys don't even understand that things have changed. Since the inception of this year, the regular question on my lips is that How many marriage ceremony have you attended this year? Compared to five years ago?

Marriage ceremony rarely happen nowadays and there are so many factors responsible for that.

I am very sure that your sister isn't interested in marriage, she has be conditioned by the reality of today. Many men do not want to get married. So, if men do not want to get married, so is she going to marry? Herself?

Unfortunayelt, that's the reality of today and we have to content with it. I imagine the outlook of this circumstances 5 years to come.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Okd1: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2022
You are a fool if you try go physical on her. Is it your life or your business? If she's capable of doing very well financially as you said then she's capable of knowing her predicaments. Last last no be everybody go marry. Fact

quote author=IntelChief post=117589065]My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.[/quote]
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Plugsk(m): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
Focus on your life and let your sister live in peace. At least she pays her own bill.
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2022
madridguy:
Since she has a good job with flourishing side business can you dm her number tongue
Thief, you wan put vessill for her tanker to suck her dry
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2022
Munzy14:

The reality is, if I have a sister approaching 30, unmarried, I will genuinely be in his shoes but think differently.

Same goes to a man Approaching 40 and unmarried, It calls for urgent Umunna meeting as well. cheesy

I don't think it's necessary to bother people about marriage, irrespectice of age, even if they are one's sibling(s). It's wrong to expect people to follow the norms that everybody follows. We all have different ideologies about life and it's constituents, we should respect people's choices and decisions.

The said lady is doing well financially and she is most likely to be fulfilled. Many people see marriage as an achievement or ultimate goal, which I don't agree to. Not everyone is interested in marriage or raising offsprings, and some want those things but they only want them when they are mentally, financially and psychologically ready.

Africans needs to understand that!
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
She is waiting for Mr perfect

Tell her to go mould him
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Basicend: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Take it physical with her. . ! ! For what reasons bro. . It's her life and you absolutely no reason to attack her physically.

Best you can do softly advise her about it and pray well for her.

Look, marriage is secondary in the eyes on God. . Her first purpose is to fulfill her earthly role.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Basicend: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?

If she likes those guys approaching her enough...she would married them. .

You need to be happy in what you are getting into. .

For God sake face your front guy.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2022
Stargurl20:
I'm 23
go and marry. you are not getting any younger
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
Munzy14:

when are you getting married and be responsible
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
olaoye15:
It seems guys don't even understand that things have changed. Since the inception of this year, the regular question on my lips is that How many marriage ceremony have you attended this year? Compared to five years ago?

Marriage ceremony rarely happen nowadays and there are so many factors responsible for that.

I am very sure that your sister isn't interested in marriage, she has be conditioned by the reality of today. Many men do not want to get married. So, if men do not want to get married, so is she going to marry? Herself?

Unfortunayelt, that's the reality of today and we have to content with it. I imagine the outlook of this circumstances 5 years to come.
what are your plans
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

I don't think it's necessary to bother people about marriage, irrespectice of age, even if they are one's sibling(s). it's wrong to expect people to follow the norms that everybody follows. We all have different ideologies about life and it's constituents, we should respect people's choices and decisions.

The said lady is doing well financially and she is most likely to be fulfilled. Many people see marriage as an achievement or ultimate goal, which I don't agree to. Not everyone is interested in marriage or raising offsprings, and some want those things but they only want them when they are mentally, financially and psychologically ready.

Africans needs to understand that!
what are your plans
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
Basicend:

Take it physical with her. . ! ! For what reasons bro. . It's her life and you absolutely no reason to to attack her physically.

Best you can do softly advise her about it and pray well for her.

Look, marriage is not secondary in the eyes on God. . Her first purpose is to fulfill her earthly role.
God instituted it
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry

You said you will go physical with her... You must be a big clown.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
what are your plans

None of your business, boy.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by seunak2016: 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

keep praying for her or you ask her nicely what really happened and why she no gree for any guy
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by olakan22: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2022
If you knew your sister enough, you will know why. At least an inclination.
Are you aware of her past experiences with romance?
Perhaps that's what you should help her with, healing. You should talk with her lovingly and not judgingly, also with wisdom. She may shock you with what she will tell you.

Furthermore, she obviously isn't interested. It's a different thing that she is willing but hasn't found anyone. She will not likely regret and stress herself if she doesn't get married ever because she's making an informed decision.

So I suggest you pray for her. Not that she gets married tommorow but that she finds peace and clarity in her life and that God heals whatever hurt she has been carrying for long.

Pray for yourself too, that you will not be a source hurting for her but that she will find strength and love in you just as she helps you financially.

I think your sis will be fine
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

None of your business, boy.
i pity your parents expecting grandkids
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Emmani360(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2022
You want to live your life and live her own as well, if she is happy being single or is still looking for her ideal person then let her be.
If she marries tomorrow now and divorce or get killed by someone she marries shey you will come here and wail.
If God made it so that everyone will get married then the ratio of male births to female births will simply be 1:1 and it is not so marr8is not for everybody
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by gucci20(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

I can handle the matter if you don't mind.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by gucci20(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

If you don't mind I can handle the matter...coz am a single father.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by judedwriter(m): 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Marriage isn't do or die.

Infact many people would have still been alive if not the people they married.

You can be single and be very happy and satisfied.

However, no man or woman is an island.

Until you meet the right person, it's best to stay single.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by jaymichael(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

You wan live her life join your own? As long as she isn't a liability to you or anyone, let her make her decisions and live with it.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Osariemen12: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
The OP is a big time fool.

He doesn't think of her sister's happiness, only what suits his narrative.

If I were the OP, I'll get a life because the sister has one already.

Fools everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by nedekid: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2022
Streett:

This thread is currently making my Sunday a fabulous one …

This is Netflix wotowoto standard

IntelChief won’t like todays date in history .. omo make Una no make this guy hate him sister o
Lolz
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by maasoap(m): 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

She knows.
And she's is not happy about it

I don't think so. She's not showing interest in any man, not even saying anything about it to her brother but only talking about travelling out at 32 as a single.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
i pity your parents expecting grandkids

Pity yours instead . grin

Unlike you, I don't have dumbos as parents. Clear off, boy!
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by nedekid: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
Senior man!!!!
You just woke up and decided to be the butt of jokes today, Kai!
Persin go just siddon bring himself to ridicule on a public forum. Haba. You are truely a great guy.
Had it been this forum was a physical one where we all sit down and discuss, we would have given you a kiddies chair, those small ones so you go sit in the kindergarten area with your mates
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:
WTF is your business? She's an adult and she's fulfilled! What's norms to you, your mother and everyone else, is not norms to her!

I'm glad I have nobody like you as a sibling. Disgusting thing!

It's a not crime to be concerned about your siblings attitude to some matters, nothing disgusting about it dear friend.
By the time our sister begins to be worried about kids or marriage, it is the Op who will be there for her, not you. Sometimes, people make mistakes in the present which they actually see as a mistake until later in life. So, it's natural for their family and friends to call their attention to such things before it's too late
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Octopusssy(f): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
This one dey use una catch cruise

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen / I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.