Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44479 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by SamOchuko: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

You want to change it for your elder sister that supports you financially cause she’s not perturbed about marriage? You don ever hear this word “mind your business” b4? Your mum is in a better place to discuss the issue with her
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
maasoap:

It's a not crime to be concerned about your siblings attitude to some matters, nothing disgusting about it dear friend.
By the time our sister begins to be worried about kids or marriage, it is the Op who will be there for her, not you. Sometimes, people make mistakes in the present which they actually see as a mistake until later in life. So, it's natural for their family and friends to call their attention to such things before it's too late

Try and be reasonable, please!

Being concerned about your siblings or relatives should be with moderation, not extremity. I realized that most Africans always go overboard with issues like marriage, which shouldn't be so. Also, I noticed that people will always believe they have a say in your life, until you start changing it for them.

I've never been an individual that follows herd mentality. Everyone knows me for my principles and way of life, and I don't bend my principles to please anyone (including parents or relatives). I do what pleases me, as long as I'm not going against the law of where I reside.

I don't give a fück about anyone's expectation!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Bishop(m): 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

All i can say is that you don't have anything serious doing. Go and look for a job please.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Basicend: 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
God instituted it

Yes he instituted it as long as it does not cut short your earthly assignment.

Why do you think most great priests in the Bible were not married. . If married will lead you into too much compromises, God will.not allow it.

If you can be graced to find a right partner that would allow God's expression then it is OK.

Your primary role is to accept Jesus Christ and multiply his seeds here on earth. . And if you will.multiply his seeds, your marriage will be the first and main ground. .
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by okwusdaddy: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

If she is flirting with guys then you can advice her to get married instead. But if she is single and chaste let her be.When the time comes,she would get married. All this pressures to get married has made people marry for the wrong reasons.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Goldbw122(m): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Is hard everywhere if you know you know it is not easy. Just tell her a joke about marriage then she will get the message, and for your information she knows.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by flowccshop: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2022
dont even try it else you will be her worst enemy benumbccshop [url]https://benumbccshop.ru/ [/url]
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by masks(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
What is your fucking business
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by AyeMoJuba: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

She knows.
And she's is not happy about it

Yes, but they will never admit that fact that they are not happy about their situation...the'd rather put up a false appearance of bn happy and suffer agonising pains within...alone.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by blackgold2018(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

go physically on her? Because you are the man in the house. Plus she’s probably feeding you too.

My man you are very stupid person

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by blackgold2018(m): 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:
WTF is your business? She's an adult and she's fulfilled! What's norms to you, your mother and everyone else, is not norms to her!

I'm glad I have nobody like you as a sibling. Disgusting thing!
very disgusting fooolish thing..
He even said he may go physically on her..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2022
blackgold2018:
very disgusting fooolish thing..
He even said he may go physically on her..

He's a typical Nigerian man that believes he's got the right to control any female gender. Stupid creature.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Suremikky(m): 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
This one don over bellefu naim mk
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
bigpicture001:

liea..from the pitnof hell...those that got married early lowered their requirements and got a man....sh is looking for a perfect man....
and she later got it... case closed
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Ossaiman(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2022
Tell her to check this your post simple
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Fantazy(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
What do you really want to gain from her getting married? Is it grandchildren?

She's living her life and not worried (which is the principal thing) and you are here crying.

What is your problem sef?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by 4lorunsho(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

How much does she make monthly ?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Munzy14(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

I don't think it's necessary to bother people about marriage, irrespectice of age, even if they are one's sibling(s). it's wrong to expect people to follow the norms that everybody follows. We all have different ideologies about life and it's constituents, we should respect people's choices and decisions.

The said lady is doing well financially and she is most likely to be fulfilled. Many people see marriage as an achievement or ultimate goal, which I don't agree to. Not everyone is interested in marriage or raising offsprings, and some want those things but they only want them when they are mentally, financially and psychologically ready.

Africans needs to understand that!
Sometines, one can be soo focused on one thing, while neglecting the basic things.

So, every human at a point will need tha person who set their head straight to basic things.

Africans do..We are more of an Egalitarian.

This is our continent, I mean "Nke a bu nke anyi" in Igbo. We have our traditions, we must uphold it wherever we find ourselves.

The western ways we tend to uplift usually backfires with time.

A lady was chasing money, and shouting I don't need marriage, what do I need man for..While her mom was going for alter calls, booking mass on her head to get married.

When she got pregnant, her status was " Whatever you heard about me, believe it" grin grin

Anyways, she did her trad on August or so..you needed to see the excitement of Mother and daughter. grin grin

There are ways to go about this. OP can talk to her in a way she will process the massage clean.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by nesgeeek(m): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
Marriage is choice not by force. Don't disturb her when the right time for her comes, she will definitely get marry.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by faithfull18(f): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
Basicend:

Yes he instituted it as long as it does not cut short your earthly assignment.

Why do you think most great priests in the Bible were not married. . If married will lead you into too much compromises, God will.not allow it.

If you can be graced to find a right partner that would allow God's expression then it is OK.

Your primary role is to accept Jesus Christ and multiply his seeds here on earth. . And if you will.multiply his seeds, your marriage will be the first and main ground. .
Full stop. It's in the new testament self, if you can't do without sex, get married to avoid committing sin.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by EndRape2(f): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
Who marriage help, we still.mourning one that died now, you are talking about marriage ,

And you foolishly say you will go physical on her ,

lder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.[/quote]
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Sometines, one can be soo focused on one thing, while neglecting the basic things.

So, every human at a point will need tha person who set their head straight to basic things.

Africans do..We are more of an Egalitarian.

This is our continent, I mean "Nke a bu nke anyi" in Igbo. We have our traditions, we must uphold it wherever we find ourselves.

The western ways we tend to uplift usually backfires with time.

A lady was chasing money, and shouting I don't need marriage, what do I need man for..While her mom was going for alter calls, booking mass on her head to get married.

When she got pregnant, her status was " Whatever you heard about me, believe it" grin grin

Anyways, she did her trad on August or so..you needed to see the excitement of Mother and daughter. grin grin

There are ways to go about this. OP can talk to her in a way she will process the massage clean.

Yes, this is Africa and there's no civil law that states you must have a child or spouse. I don't care about traditions and culture as regards marriage and kids. This shit is the reason most are still in poverty breeding like rodents in a room apartment. And even those that have money are married because of societal pressures!

And that woman going to altar call or whatever just wasted her time, money and resources because her daughter wasn't impregnated because of those things. The daughter was pushed into such union!

I can't live my life to please people.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by doneback04: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2022
you can't tell me that men have been coming and she is rejecting at age 32, lesbian is what ur big sister is , most of this girl's that what they do, having only female friends
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
doneback04:
you can't tell me that men have been coming and she is rejecting at age 32, lesbian is what ur big sister is , most of this girl's that what they do, having only female friends

Having only female friends means a lady is a lesbian? Also, where's your statistics that shows ladies of that age as lesbians?

Kindly answer honorably and not ignorantly!
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by tanimusaeedu: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Discuss with her and tell her the benefits of that name call marriage also tell her how valuable and respectful she would be if she gets marry, she needs to be convinced my dear because at times a case like this is not ordinary and involve her in midnight prayers and this is the secret I use for my sister too
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by oneclickng: 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry
Is she beautiful and dark skinned?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Peskid147: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Bro are u not happi that your Sis is still alive, if you force her into marriage and something tragic happens (abusive relationship) what will you say. Oga u are of age y u no go marry also if u think it easy. U think marriage is child's play that u can walk in and out? Guy let her be Abeg there is time for everything when the Right person and time comes she will get married..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by dnawah(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

it not too late and it will make her have less children before menopause.talk true,have u ever remember her in your prayers? angry angry
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?
Wait for her tomorrow being Monday morning, block her at the gate with serious threat that "today na today unless u bring man wey go make me an uncle you're not going to that work today".

NB please dm her number if she's black and tall.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Williams150(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
May be she prefer baby mama than marriage, let her call me......
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
Ok
I dey come
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Clinghton: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
During a chit chat you can jokingly ask her about her boyfriend, then pass your message maturely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.