Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44459 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Sometines, one can be soo focused on one thing, while neglecting the basic things.

So, every human at a point will need tha person who set their head straight to basic things.

Africans do..We are more of an Egalitarian.

This is our continent, I mean "Nke a bu nke anyi" in Igbo. We have our traditions, we must uphold it wherever we find ourselves.

The western ways we tend to uplift usually backfires with time.

A lady was chasing money, and shouting I don't need marriage, what do I need man for..While her mom was going for alter calls, booking mass on her head to get married.

When she got pregnant, her status was " Whatever you heard about me, believe it" grin grin

Anyways, she did her trad on August or so..you needed to see the excitement of Mother and daughter. grin grin

There are ways to go about this. OP can talk to her in a way she will process the massage clean.
do you know any lady i can impregnate?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
Williams150:
May be she prefer baby mama than marriage, let her call me......
how many rounds can you go?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by macho44(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

grin grin grin
You'll go physical with her indeed, e go shock you as she go take BEAT u

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by freeDR(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

You're a thoughtless f00l

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Judybash93(m): 12:43am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry

What kinda f'd up mentality is this? undecided
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Rememberdeath: 12:57am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

Op So you ever thought that you want to beat your Elder sister? Be like say you don dey mad. Even if she is a younger sister, you don't have any right to touch or insult her. Don't pressure these innocent ladies into marriage please. Face your life. You are not getting younger yourself. Go and marry too
Werey say he want to go physical with her. Lol idiot.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by cococandy(f): 1:42am On Oct 17, 2022
You’re a very xtupid person.

Consider putting your misplaced passion into a project that will make you some money so that she doesn’t have to financially support you.
IntelChief:
Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons...
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by galantjoe(m): 3:58am On Oct 17, 2022
Call her to order and to her senses.

Igbo adage says you can pass massage to the king but you can't force him to implement the massage.

You can take horse to stream but you can't force it to drink.

Have heart to heart discussion with her on this issue. Stitch in time saves nine

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by cococandy(f): 4:43am On Oct 17, 2022
mrblessed:
If you no maintain, you go surely collect. Now, this is a joke. Marriage is very important, don't mind the drooling hypocrisy of most Nigerians who sheepishly think they can copy the western world.
xtupid
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Stargurl20(f): 6:09am On Oct 17, 2022
smeag0l:
OP, your sister doesnt have a decision not to marry. She probably has a warped mentality about relationships which a lot of Nigerian ladies, especially the ones from poor or middle class backgrounds , have. Their main motive for going into relationships is not love but rather to better their unfortunate situations. They never appreciate little things and always expect the man to do more. The y consider the man as their meal ticket and one-way ticket out of poverty. However, since your sister is lucky to have escaped all these she doesnt see any reason for a relationship
Me that wish to go into relationship because of love, some people just discouraged my wish. Which one should we follow. I'm not in relationship because I have not found who I have even an iota of feelings for, yet, some people just discouraged that in one of my posts. Which one person wan choose o
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by JUSTDREY: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2022
You no dey mind your business, she hustle to make it even supporting you financially as if she's your parent anyway, you seems not to understand nature of life, do survey of Nigerian marriages and give us successful one, only because it's too late for many thoughts to back off, go find yourself busy, you are a man or you think she's not bothered about it.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by fabbby(m): 6:41am On Oct 17, 2022
Oga, leave your sister alone o. The right man and the right time may eventually change her perception of marriage but please don't go and block your source of income
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by countryman13: 6:45am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

Explain to her d same way U just analyzed here and she will definitely adhere because going physical wt her might worsen d situation.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:56am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?
Oga, what do you mean you will go physical with her if she continues to reject men? Are you going to beat her or what?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:01am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry
If she doesn't want to marry,how is it your headache? It should be her headache.You absolutely have no right to decide her marital status, whether and when she marries.
So you will beat her because she isn't interested in marriage.
Op,you sound like someone with a psychopathic problem.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Omoodutodaiwa1: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2022
Just arrange your friend to go after her then she will understand.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

You sound like a deranged psychopath.So you will actually beat your elder sister over marriage issue.How is it your business if she marries or not.So if you are given a chance, you will beat her or"go physical with her" as you said.And how do you intend to teach her the lessons?
This psychopath, your sister is in her father's house, not yours, and she has every right to decide her marital status.
Honestly, many in this country have psychopathic tendencies.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by kwasoly(m): 7:33am On Oct 17, 2022
[quote author=IntelChief post=117589065]My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged m

Mind your business.
Is it ur marriage?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2022
Kirchoffs:
You would go physical on your elder sister cos she doesn’t want to get married. You must be a crazy person , cos only someone who’s crazy can say such from their mouth
Exactly bro.The Op is obviously a deranged psychopath.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Silentflute1234: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2022
Is marriage the most important thing for man
Let her be pls
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Meedass(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

you are a very foolish person!! People like you will force her into a wrong marriage that will most likely affect her mental health or kill her!! To marry na must? You wen dem dey support wan change am for person!! You are a goat
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Poanan: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

For you ti think od fighting your elder sister cos of marrigae..... are u sure u are okay?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Lepon02: 9:36am On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

Mind your business.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by mashad(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2022
She knows.. don't bother yourself
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by folks4luv(f): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2022
blaise26abj:

You want to beat up your 32 year old elder sister because she is not interested in marriage .? You don’t fully respect your sister just some respect ? Yet she helps you financially .

You are a huge disgrace to manhood . You should be thinking of how to make money and be successful like your sister . You want to be beating her . Shame on you .
I think the story is made up though .
I was typing a response but stopped midway. This must be made up. No one can be that stupid
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ayenale1(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2022
Guess you guys are Igbos 9especially IMO state...let her transfer 5m to me I'll marry her next weekend...
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Mryacks: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
IntelChief:

Lmao...you want to "litrerarily teach her some lessons into marriage" grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by litaninja(m): 1:29am On Oct 18, 2022
You don't. You mind your business.

Man in the family?? Are you alright at all? Physical abuse?? Because she is living HER life the way she chooses? Must be ment.

IntelChief:

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by yemmywesey(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2022
bisqit:
fùck one girl and plant your seed. No time to waste time

I dey try find one girl, but nah olosho full everywhere.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by maasoap(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2022
MufasaLion:

Try and be reasonable, please!

Being concerned about your siblings or relatives should be with moderation, not extremity. I realized that most Africans always go overboard with issues like marriage, which shouldn't be so. Also, I noticed that people will always believe they have a say in your life, until you start changing it for them.

I've never been an individual that follows herd mentality. Everyone knows me for my principles and way of life, and I don't bend my principles to please anyone (including parents or relatives). I do what pleases me, as long as I'm not going against the law of where I reside.

I don't give a fück about anyone's expectation!

You need some work to do on yourself. You are a kind of disappointment by my appraisal of your opening remarks
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 11:40am On Oct 18, 2022
maasoap:

You need some work to do on yourself. You are a kind of disappointment by my appraisal of your opening remarks

Cry me a river, boy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by maasoap(m): 11:50am On Oct 18, 2022
MufasaLion:

Cry me a river, boy.

Take note and adjust. It is called self improvement, you don't need to be childish

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Woman With Cancer Reveals, Husband Is Not The Father Of 3 Kids; Nigerians React / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.