Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,115 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots (11059 Views)

Reply: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots. A suggestion to seun / Tinubu Bots: Nairaland Mods Should Do Something About This / Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by haffaze777(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Chai! Painment grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by BeardedMeat(m): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
[quote author=haffaze777 post=117636694][/quote]

My friend Afisi! grin

Sorry for your pains.

3 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by madapcmod: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
Thank God for this thread. We will be fishing them out gradually

8 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Ttalk: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
I don't know why Seun is paying attention to the cry of the Obidients who are daft and are lacking in substance.

Since they are so unintelligent to put up their ideas in words that would attract likes and share, they thought there were some bots somewhere that are giving likes.

Your conjectures are boring to read, insulting and embarrassing to the people and you want to get like.

Have you taken time to read the comments of those who get most of the likes to see that their points are always, educating, inspiring, and full of wisdom, compared to Obidients that are just bullying and constituting nuisance on every topic?

This is true, if they are craving for likes and share Seun should tell them to go and improve on their writing skills

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Curious345: 2:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What BOT farm is that?
Are you sure it is Tinubu that is financing BOT farm on NL?
yes it's his proteges of course

1 Like

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Munzy14(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I have noticed the fake likes by Tinubu Bots. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to find a permanent solution to this problem.

I have failed to deploy the solutions that I have because I feel they will either be circumvented pretty easily or cause too much collateral damage.

1. If you have ideas, please post them here.
2. Please use this page to report any post that has a suspiciously high number of likes.

I apologize for the delay in fixing this problem. We will fix this and any other problems as soon as possible.

Regards,
Seun.
First of their is no smoke without fire..

Summon a meeting with your Moderators..

Put mynd44 on the hot seat and grill him..Their must be a compromise somewhere..

A lot of accusations on him being a core Tinubu supporter and a biased human regarding political views of members and posts that hit FP.

People in such positions must be Neutral as long as they keep working here.

Too many lapses lately. lipsrsealed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
Curious345:
yes it's his proteges of course
Well, you see why it will be unfair to put his name on the thread
He could easily sue for slandering self
Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Curious345: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well, you see why it will be unfair to put his name on the thread
He could easily sue for slandering self
tinubu BOTS is not tinubu .

Obidients is not obi ...

Abii can you sue the admin of WizKids fan page and say you're sueing WizKid?

5 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by AyeMoJuba: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I have noticed the fake likes by Tinubu Bots. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to find a permanent solution to this problem.

I have failed to deploy the solutions that I have because I feel they will either be circumvented pretty easily or cause too much collateral damage.

2. Please use this page to report any post that has a suspiciously high number of likes.

I apologize for the delay in fixing this problem. We will fix this and any other problems as soon as possible.

Regards,
Seun.

Everything aside from your opinion is fake abi?

Your eyes go soon clear... Most of you will run out of Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by TheSameGuy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
You're very bias.

Have you checked the numbers of likes Obi's supporters get at a go?

It's ONLY Tinubu supporters you see.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Regards,
Seun.
Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
@Seun I have been a member of different forums abroad to combat this issue I suggest new profile should not be able to post in politics section for at least 30days or one month and must have have written at least 50 to 100 meaningful post on threads to unlock such privileges either to create a new thread or post on political section as well as the for sale section you can as well disable like function on political threads.

10 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by akwesenana: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
BeardedMeat:

My friend Afisi! grin

Sorry for your pains.
What the fūck is this?
Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by NwaMamaIwota(f): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
TheSameGuy:
You're very bias.

Have you checked the numbers of likes Obi's supporters get at a go?

It's ONLY Tinubu supporters you see.

I'm watching you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by BeardedMeat(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
akwesenana:

What the fūck is this?
It's called tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by LegendHero(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
Seun this is nonsense.

On Nairaland, Tinubu supporting comment do no even get as much likes as Obi supporters but yet you think Tinubu support is due to bots and not normal people?

You keep succumbing to the noise of IPOB terrorists who have taken you hostage psychologically wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by phemy36(m): 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
AyeMoJuba:

Everything aside from your opinion is fake abi?

Your eyes go soon clear... Most of you will run out of Yoruba land

Run out of Yoruba land for not supporting your tin God. You must be crazy for that statement. Is tinubu the owner of Yoruba land, who is he. If Tinubu is providing for your family,let that madness stop in your family please. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

13 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
Curious345:

Tinubu behind Sanwo-Olu, GAC insists as controversy surrounds second-term bid
Kindly share this story:

Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Bola Tinubu
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

• Only gov has picked nomination form – Lagos APC

CONTROVERSY has surrounded the second term bid of Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

While the Governor’s Advisory Council maintained that it has cleared Sanwo-Olu to return in 2023, it is not clear whether or not the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has endorsed the governor’s second term bid.

There had been reports (not by The PUNCH) that Tinubu had dumped Sanwo-Olu for another loyalist, Mustapha Olorunfemi, ahead of the May 23, 2022 governorship primary in the state.

Dolphins Basketball Team Honours Late PUNCH Chairman, Wale Aboderin | PunchIt Hurts Seeing My Sister In Pain -Relative Of Lady Crushed By Lebanese Hit-And-Run DriverI feel damaged for life, says 24-year-old lady allegedly defiled at childhood by uncle, dad’s friendWoman Dies During Childbirth, Husband Blames Lagos Hospital For Negligence
Efforts to get the reaction of Tinubu’s spokesman, Tunde Rahman, on whether Sanwo-Olu had the nod of the APC leader proved abortive as he did not take calls and reply to the message to his line on Thursday.

However, GAC member, 85-year-old Prince Tajudeen Olusi and APC chairman in Lagos, Cornelius Ojelabi, in separate interviews with The PUNCH on Thursday, noted that Sanwo-Olu had GAC’s support to return to office.

The GAC, the highest decision-making organ of the party headed by Tinubu, had mid-April endorsed Sanwo-Olu for second term.

GAC had in 2018 kicked against the second term bid of a former governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, which led to the emergence of Sanwo-Olu as the APC candidate in the 2019 governorship election in the state.

Ambode’s predecessors were in office for two consecutive terms.

They include Tinubu, who was governor between 1999 and 2007; as well as current Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who was governor from 2007 to 2015.

Responding to viral reports that Tinubu had rejected Sanwo-Olu just as he opposed Ambode in the build-up to the 2019 governorship election, Olusi told our correspondent in a telephone interview on Thursday that Tinubu had filled Sanwo-Olu’s endorsement form which would be transmitted to the party’s secretariat in the state before the May 23 governorship primary.

Olusi said, “All members of GAC are happy with Sanwo-Olu’s first-term performance and we support his return for second term.

“A lot of our members have also filled a form endorsing Sanwo-Olu’s second term bid. Tinubu also signed the form. Any other thing is untrue.”

GAC member, the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, did not respond to inquiries by The PUNCH as of press time.

When contacted, Kayode Odunaro, an aide to another GAC member and Senator representing Lagos West, Solomon Adeola, said his principal won’t go against GAC’s decision.

“Whatever GAC has decided is what they have decided and I don’t think my principal will go against it,” he said.

Related News
On his part, the state chairman of APC, Ojelabi, said though the party did not have a consensus candidate yet, no other aspirant aside from Sanwo-Olu had picked up the APC governorship form for Lagos.

Ojelabi said, “We don’t have a candidate yet. I only know that Governor Sanwo-Olu has obtained his nomination form. I have not seen any other person that has obtained form from Lagos State.

“The GAC made a statement that they have endorsed Sanwo-Olu for second term and they have not changed that. Asiwaju is part of the GAC.”

Efforts to speak with Sanwo-Olu’s Chief Press Secretary, Gbeyega Akosile, proved abortive as calls to his line and a text message were unreturned as of press time.

But Lagos State Commissioner for Information, Gbenga Omotoso, told our correspondent that the reports making the rounds were so because of what happened to Ambode in 2019.

Omotoso said, “Asiwaju is a member of the GAC and GAC, about two weeks ago, endorsed Mr Governor. What is going around is mischief.

“People are talking about this because of what happened during Mr Ambode’s tenure but that should not make them give Asiwaju the name that he doesn’t bear; I think it is not fair to the man. The GAC has spoken.”

Meanwhile, a source close to Sanwo-Olu accused Ambode’s camp of peddling falsehood.

The source said, “Tinubu has no problem with Sanwo-Olu. They were still together in Abuja days ago when their nomination and expression of interest forms were presented to them individually. It is Ambode’s people that are peddling falsehood.”

Responding, the Chairman of the Akinwunmi Ambode Campaign Organisation, Wale Oluwo, in a telephone chat with our correspondent, refuted the allegation.

He said, “The same way they heard about it was the same way we heard about it. The person that they said has been picked to replace Governor Sanwo-Olu is not from AMCO. He doesn’t work with us; we know him because he was in government and had been a PS (Permanent Secretary).”

When asked whether Ambode had purchased APC N50m form for the May 23, 2022 governorship primary, Oluwo said, “No”.

On whether the ex-governor had any intention to do so, he said, “The organisation, AMCO, will announce it. The organisation has to meet and finalise things and announce.”

Copyright PUNCH

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Kindly share this story:

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

So indirectly we have a Cabal in Lagos state. the GAC is a silent Powerful Cabel in Lagos state and possibly south west and are trying to spread there tentacles to the federal through Tinubu mandate.

6 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Vote4Obi: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
If at this point you're still supporting Tinubu then you're absolutely senseless and irredeemable.

Everything about this old corrupt criminal is based on lies, deception, fake and propaganda. How can such character help Nigeria? How can anyone be sane and still be supporting Tinubu just because primitive ethnic or religious sentiments?!

Even Buhari that almost destroyed Nigeria completely is far better than Tinubu yet some fools are still supporting Tinubu and still want to vote for him.

May they never escape karma!
May Nigeria happen to them!!

13 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Vote4Obi: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
LegendHero:
Seun this is nonsense.

On Nairaland, Tinubu supporting comment do no even get as much likes as Obi supporters but yet you think Tinubu support is due to bots and not normal people?

You keep succumbing to the noise of IPOB terrorists who have taken you hostage psychologically wise.

You enemies of Nigeria will get your reward in due time.

So, Seun that has access to nairaland backlink can't detect Tinubu bots and their fake likes?

Everyone knows that Obi likes are organic from Nigerians that genuinely like him but 90% of Tinubu likes are fake and from bots.

Nigeria is bigger than Tinubu and his urchins.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Fira09(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
@Seun, a Nairalander just provided some solutions to this issue.
ExplorerReturns:
i saw a thread by seun requesting for ideas on how to tackle the menace of tinubu bots. The developer in me will doubt the sincerity of this request because it is not actually a programming nightmare to stop the so called 'bots'.

This is something a developer can easily stop by investigating the source of the problem and writing appropriate functions or 'algorithms' that can curb the menace.

I believe that those responsible for the fake likes are not really sophiscated enough to create programs that automate the process of generating fake likes. So i will assume that they are simply creating multiple accounts that maybe a ten man team sitting in same room uses to like affliated posts.

Moving to the possible scenarios and solution.

1. So assuming that as a not too techy person i want to generate likes. I will
simply create multiple accounts with temp mail or normal gmail and use same password on all for easy
rememberance. Having 500 accounts with different password is a nightmare, so i will definitely use same password or at least same set of passwords.

2. i will simply launch my tor,chrome or microsoft edge browser. open 25 private tabs on each of the browsers. On each of the tabs i will simply log in with a fake account and start liking affliated posts.

If we are just 5 guys in a room operating 25 tabs each on two different browsers we will generate (25*2) * 5 = 250 likes for a single post. imagine we are 10,20 guys? that will be 500 and 1000likes respectively

SOLUTION

i believe that nairaland is already logging the ip addrress of each user during logging. How do i know this? After some failed login attempts you are expected to wait for some minutes before trying to log in again. This same process could have been done with cookies or a session on the users browser, i cant really tell because i have not tried to investigate, so i am just assuming.

The solution lies in the changing the criteria for a user to like a post. Instead of checking
the user name or user id have liked a particular post in the likes table, you can check if thesame
ip address have liked the post. This means instead of just using user id or user name in the likes
table you can use the ip address as the primary identifier.

The problem with using the ip address as an identifier is that many people can be on same wifi router and access nairaland. so limiting same the ip can cause problems for others that are genuine.

You can bypass this by checking the ip address count. If about 20 users are associated with thesame Ip address, then that is likely a red flag.

You can investigate more by saving the including the user agent. The user agent gives you information about the browser making the requests. Writing a function that checks if two ip addresses have same
user agents will obviously expose that such an account is a BOT account. You can use more parameters like screen size, browser name etc to identify unique likes!

STOP FAKE ACCOUNTS FROM LOGGIN

Simply creating a table to track each successful login.

On each logging, store the password,Ip address, user agent and username.

On each logging attempt check if the password,Ip address and user agent already exist on the logging table. If it exists and the username names don't match, this means the logging is coming from same device and address, it is a bot or alternate account. You can simply stop the logging process at this point.

If the above matches and the username are thesame, it is a genuine account that logged out and trying to log in again.

You can set up a cron job or task scheduler that will empty this table after 24hours

1 Like

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by JasonScoolari: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Regards,
Seun.
Thank you for listening... Tell your moderator Mynd44 who I believe is Pro-Tinubu to stop intimidating Obidients.....

3 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Iamgrey5(m): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2022
LegendHero:
Seun this is nonsense.

I honestly believe Seun has lost it. This is entirely unbelievable.

He is now playing to the gallery.

It is obvious for years that some Nairaladers have multiple monikers and they use it for the purpose of liking their own comments to make it appear more favourable.

So how on earth does he all of a sudden pin it on Tinubu supporters alone?

This is a totally disturbing thread on so many levels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by MaliCampus: 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
Iamgrey5:
I honestly believe Seun has lost it. This is entirely unbelievable.

He is now playing to the gallery.

It is obvious for years that some Nairaladers have multiple monikers and they use it for the purpose of liking their own comments to make it appear more favourable.

So how on earth does he all of a sudden pin it on Tinubu supporters alone?

This is a totally disturbing thread on so many levels.
Hahaha so you are part of Tinubu urchins. How come I didn't notice all this while.
Vote wisely oooo

10 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Iamgrey5(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
Seun honestly If the amounts likes a comment is getting is your major problem, then you have honestly lost it.

You are simply pandering to the people offended by amount of likes a comment is getting and chosing sides in a political discuss.

I will have given you the benefit of the doubt If the problem you have identified was about hacking your site to change the contents of front page, posting nudity or trying to scam people of their hard earned money.

But complaining about the amounts of likes a political charged comment is getting? Common!

Besides if you believe something Is wrong somewhere and you have enough evidence to support your claims, you should have done something about it, instead of making a post about it.

And since when does likes on Nairaland change the outcome of an election results in Nigeria?

This is a simply a disgrace for this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tinubu and his supporters are too desperate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Iamgrey5(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
MaliCampus:
Hahaha so you are part of Tinubu urchins. How come I didn't notice all this while.
Vote wisely oooo
I will never vote for Tinubu, I have said this much about two years ago and I still hold my believe.

I will never vote for Obi either because up till now, I haven't seen anyone prove beyond reasonable doubt that his records in public administration is better than that of Atiku or Tinubu as public administrators.

However, it's quite pathetic than the owner of a forum will make post alleging that a certain group is getting "likes" because If he has enough evidence of that allegation, he has absolute power to punish them without making any fuss about it.

Making a post about it like someone complaining rather than taking action is simply playing to the gallery.

It's like a Nigerian politician stealing Nigerian's resources and telling the populace to pray for the nation or the national assembly protesting against the president instead of introducing articles of impeachment.

It's entirely silly.
Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by ExplorerReturns(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
@seun seun possible solution in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7387909/reply-fake-likes-tinubu-bots

1 Like

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by MaliCampus: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Iamgrey5:
I will never vote for Tinubu, I have said this much about two years ago and I still hold my believe.

I will never vote for Obi either because up till now, I haven't seen anyone prove beyond reasonable doubt that his records in public administration is better than that of Atiku or Tinubu as public administrators.

However, it's quite pathetic than the owner of a forum will make post alleging that a certain group is getting "likes" because If he has enough evidence of that allegation, he has absolute power to punish them without making any fuss about it.

Making a post about it like someone complaining rather than taking action is simply playing to the gallery.

It's like a Nigerian politician stealing Nigerian's resources and telling the populace to pray for the nation or the national assembly protesting against the president instead of introducing articles of impeachment.

It's entirely silly.
At the bolded,he has done that,but the Tinubu bots keeps coming back,reason he made it public. Freestuffng is the cheif Bots supplier
Vote Peter Obi,he's the best candidate.Atiku is a cunning person.Obi already told you to hold him responsible if he fails. Atiku has never granted any live interview.

4 Likes

Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Ttalk: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
LegendHero:
Seun this is nonsense.

I wonder o. The thing tired me o
Re: Fake Likes By Tinubu Bots by Iamgrey5(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
MaliCampus:
At the bolded,he has done that,but the Tinubu bots keeps coming back,reason he made it public. Freestuffng is the cheif Bots supplier
Vote Peter Obi,he's the best candidate.Atiku is a cunning person.Obi already told you to hold him responsible if he fails. Atiku has never granted any live interview.
. Where exactly has he did you catch that in his remarks? That he had punished them times without number but they kept coming back

Anyways, so how exactly has this thread helped in restraining the alleged bots now! ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu: I Will Run A Private Sector-Driven Economy / ₦25k Monthly To 15M Nigerians, Tax Waivers Solutions To Economic Hardship - BAT / Tinubu Orders AGF, Lokpobiri To End $1.3 Billion Oil Block Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.