Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) (38166 Views)

Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" / Peter Obi: ‘Obidients’ Are Angry Because They Want Change (Video) / Reuben Abati Supports Tinubu's Statement On Climate Change On Arise TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by bizzibodi(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
Haba!BAT who even poison holy communion?He should have said how do you prevent a mosque rat from eating a copy of the quooran?they will understand up there.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Softmirror: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
kingyakos:

Oga rest abeg. Tinubu goofed big-time on the climate change question, he's a complete wire touch.

BRO, MOST OF YOU ARE IGNORANT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Corridon: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2022
onuman:

But one wonders about what type of human beings that support a Tinubu who has been battling Parkinsonism to preside over Nigeria.
My brother I tire o. Na wicked people full this country.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by kingyakos: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2022
seunmsg:

You and folks like you are the ones embarrassing yourself with poor understanding of the subject of discussion. Tinubu gave a very strong and brilliant answer to the question. His analogy of the poor church rat (Nigeria) and the poisoned communion (climate change) was spot on.

The fact that he’s even willing to stand up to the west to guarantee our finances before any climate change talk says a lot about his understanding of the matter. We need all the damn fossil fuel for forex, electricity and rapid industrialization. Tinubu is simply saying Climate change is a poisoned food we can’t afford to eat because we are hungry. A very deep and brilliant response if you understand what is at stake.

Is Nigeria poor?...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by OsunOriginal: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
perrychemical:

This is the best practical response I have heard from any presidential candidate contesting this election. Forget about this theory of a climate change. Africa must explored all the available technology to develop their industries . We must first develop, pollute, before we can start depolution. Gbam!!!. I like this response. Its hundred percent accurate.

Ignorance again... Is the US not looking to borrow money every day? Do you know how much money the US has borrowed to finance even the Ukraine war? Every country needs external long-term funding. If Obi is telling you otherwise, he doesnt know what is saying or the position he is applying for. Did Obi do anything when he was in Anambra? No. That's why he keeps blabbing about keeping money in banks. If he had spent half of that money to control erosion and flooding in the state, half of Anambra won't be underwater today.

Anyway, you're just a random poster who the ubiquity of the internet has enabled to make a contribution to intellectual discussion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Morphinne: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pext-oSL3rk

Arewa Interactive Session: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change

Bola Tinubu on climate change:

"How do you prevent a church rat from eating a poisoned holy communion"?
…and your idiotic self decided not to tell us the concluding part of his response. You don’t just lift a part of someone’s statement and feed the public as what the person says. He said if the rich and developed western countries want us to comply with policies that would mitigate climate change catastrophe, then they should strive to help us financially. All I see is a brilliant mind who is speaking as a real Pan Africanist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Techhybeam: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
I don't think there is any need for his idiomatic expression. He is talking as if finding solution to rapid climate change is not for the benefit of all.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by onuman: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
politicoNG:

But how could a presidential candidate in Nigeria tell the Western powers: if you don't comply with us...?

Oh my Jee.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Stevosty: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Holy and poison, that 'idiom' is definitely not from English language maybe agbero's slang.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by israelmao(m): 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tinubu doesn't know the components of holy communion whether they are eaten or drunk or both.Tinubu keeps committing blunders in the bid to impress his maize-grubbers forgetting he is on the path to self-destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by coolio2020: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
PHIPEX:
Oga Tinubu don drop another quote. Are you sure he's not hallucinating? How can he be talking off point all the time?
Questions that was stage managed.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by smileyoo: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Oga tinubu was actually right , in this climate change issue, but his mode of expression was simply too archaic and outdated.
he was simply explaining that Africa contribute so little in global warming, because we have achieved only little industrialization in Africa, while the west with their big high -tech industries, contribute so much in global warming, therefore the west should carry the burden of curbing the effects of climate change in our planet, instead of disturbing the poor African continent, that is already struggling for survival.
so why are you guys castigating the man ? an elder will always speak like an elder .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by perrychemical: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
kingyakos:

Oga rest abeg. Tinubu goofed big-time on the climate change question, he's a complete wire touch.

Do not say it outside. Those of us in the energy sector knows all these things. Tinubu understands the politics behind climate change. The man has a deeper understanding of issues. This is the best answer!!!. I had personally gave my opinion about this issue long time ago. In fact, the question is what was the C02 emission per capital in Nigeria?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by seunmsg(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
kingyakos:

Is Nigeria poor?...

Very poor. If we stop mining and selling fossil fuel, where will we get forex from? Are you guys aware that drastic reduction in the usage of coal, gas, crude oil etc are the major targets of climate change activists?

Climate change is a problem no doubt but Tinubu was spot on to say the west need to work with us and guarantee our finances if we are to comply with any climate change regulation. That’s a very brilliant response. The best so far from any of the presidential candidates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by HopeSpencer: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
SmartPolician:
That analogy didn't make any sense at all!

Who poisoned the Holy Communion?

Just yank off "smart" from your name because you are actually dumb.

Ask those with adequate knowledge of Queen's English to explain that statement for you.

Typical of haters, attacking what they don't understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Morphinne: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
politicoNG:

…and your idiotic self decided not to tell us the concluding part of his response. You don’t just lift a part of someone’s statement and feed the public as what the person says. He said if the rich and developed western countries want us to comply with policies that would mitigate climate change catastrophe, then they should strive to help us financially and what this means is that desperate times call for desperate measures; the quest for survival of poor African nations will make them leverage on their carbon-emitting resources as their main source of survival. All I see is a brilliant mind who is speaking as a real Pan Africanist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Sunkyboie(m): 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Obi ain't a saint Igbo people are just wishing they attain presidency post.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by perrychemical: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2022
Techhybeam:
I don't think there is any need for his idiomatic expression. He is talking as if finding solution to rapid climate change is not for the benefit of all.

It is for the benefit of the west, not for us. We contribute nothing. Up Nepa alone is even enough to reduce our contribution. Climate change for Africa is a scam. We all know is a global issue, but we are not contributing.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Olinex: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2022
udele1:
Just like Buhari, always looking to the west for money. He will borrow more than buhari for consumption.

This is why Nigeria needs Peter Obi now.

So if the West does not give you money, you will not know that deforestation is not healthy?

And I have noticed that tinubu always uses church to make jokes.

He said if buhari chose the pope as running mate he wont win.

Said speaking in tongues was inherited from Bible.

Now church rat and holy communion.

Can't he use Muslim Koran for illustration and jokes.

If they don't give us money, we will cut all our trees and use it for firewood. What a daft response.

No wonder he advised this government to print more money and they did. Today, inflation is 17years high.

What did u say this man did in lagos again?

They said he is a planner.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by SmartPolician: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
HopeSpencer:

Just yank off "smart" from your name because you are actually dumb.

Ask those with adequate knowledge of Queen's English to explain that statement for you.

Typical of haters, attacking what they don't understand.

Another urchin on my mention wailing.

You go wail tire!
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by OsunOriginal: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
onuman:

But how could a presidential candidate in Nigeria tell the Western powers: if you don't comply with us...?

Oh my Jee.

That threat is to get them to act... You're ignorant. Ignorants shouldn't be contributing to intellectual discussions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by BirtherOfKings(f): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
Please leave proverbial answers and speak ur mind
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by drlateef: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
Corridon:
grin grin. Tinubu didn't understand what he was asked about. The man was busy speaking out of point. What an embarrassment.

This man is far smarter than most of you. It takes an intelligent person to understand what he is saying. The proverb means the poor people and countries will continue to fell trees and do things that will further worsen climate change because they have no option. The west must help them if they dont want those activities to continue. Thats the meaning of his proverb.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Prenonjebose: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
"The media is here, so I will not reveal everything". Hmm, this is a funny way of evading a simple question.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Slynation(m): 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
GeneralPula:

No, it's obviously you that doesn't have a high medulla capacity to understand what he's saying..

You should meet a learned person to explain to you in a lay man..
shows you don't have sense, what's the correlation between rat and holy communion...

The agbado grandmaster himself acknowledge he was told to stay on the script, Una go defend and wail tire while the Iragbiji BATman keeps disgracing himself, just wait for it...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by maestroferddi: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
LegendHero:
He gave the best response to the question.

"How do you prevent a church rat from eating a poisoned holy communion?

We are a poor nation, they say firewood should not be used, they said we need to plant more trees and they are not giving us money. We need to open our eyes and tell the West, if you don't guarantee our finances and work with us to stop this, we are not going to comply with your climate change."
I know you wouldn't mind sounding dumb in order to defend the indefensible...

Things would have been not so embarrassing for you and Tinubu if you had stuck with what you know...

Even a nitwit can decipher that 'holy communion" and "poison" are antithetical terms...

Infact it is a rank blasphemy to use the phrase "poisoned holy Communion".

I sense serious amnesia and complete cognitive dissonance here...

Desperation is such a reprehensible thing, yunno...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Mccullum: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
Very brilliant response from Jagaban, but those obid'iots can understands it, simply because they're dullards grin

Thanks for guy that made this illustration below:
You don't understand Tinubu's idiom even after he made a short explanation of it? I swear Tinubu is far ahead of you Dumbbbbb guys, Poisoned holy communion means the air pollution that causes climate change. Hence you can't ask the church rats (poor people) to avoid it except the developed countries can also help.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by sean079: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
Church rat is poor nation while poisoned holy communion is crude oil. In essence tinubu is saying u cannot stop poor country like Nigeria from exploiting her resources which is causing pollution leading to climate change except the west i.e USA, Uk, france support Nigeria financially so dat she can stop exploiting crude oil

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by OldNairalander(m): 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
His response is too non chalant and shows lack of understanding of the question asked.
Climate change is a major national issue in Nigeria now.
Fulani farmers clash that gave rise to bandits is because of rapid desertification in the North, which is pushing more herdsmen southward. Everyone is suffering it now.
You don't need Western money to encourage afforestation and invest in cheaper energy sources. Gas availability and affordability alone can help curb the use of firewood by 90%.
Poorer countries like Rwanda and Namibia are making efforts at investing in green energy to reduce climate change.

Let's stop making mockery of ourselves in the name of tribalism and religious affiliation.
He simply goofed with the answer.
BTW there no connection between something holy and poison.
If it's poisoned then it's not holy. BAT is suffering from dementia and no amount of propaganda can erase that fact

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Germi9: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
For a moment i thought he was drunk

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Bhol28: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
SmartPolician:
That analogy didn't make any sense at all!

Who poisoned the Holy Communion?
its a simple IDIOMATIC expression,no one needs to poison it.He went further to explain that Africa needs financial support to be able to adopt the Western solutions to Climate change
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by am5635: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tinubu will be worst of Buhari if given the chance to rule us oooo. Nigerians pls dont vote TINUBU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari To Fight Graft With 5 Special Laws / Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Andy Uba: I Am Very Sure I Will Win Anambra Governorship Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.