Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. (4440 Views)

Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? / Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Ebubu: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
Saintinoo:

On one hand she is the best, bro if you dont know her well, you can vow to dump you babe for her, but on the other hand she does crazy things. we fight almost everyday, when you do something she doesnt like, then she doesnt mind to start frowning and changing mood till it result to a fight.
please dump this girl. i’ve dated her type in the past, a narcissist. i’ve cut her off. after about two months blocking her, i now regret why i met her.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by henrimoto(m): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2022
Saintinoo:

Bro, i do not normally talk about age, but i had to considering that this lady doesnt talk to her 18 years old kid sister the way she yells at me. She completely disregard me, especially when she is angry, anytime she becomes angry, i receive the eorworst word and insult of my life, belitting, telling me that she regrets dating me, she wish she could turn the hands of time.

This lady trys to control me, i dare not see her post online without saying a nice word, else she will tell me terrible things.

If we are to do something, it has to favour her, not minding wht they other person feel.
pls, must you marry this lady ? You talk as if you owe this lady a compulsory marriage, despite the unhappiness she is giving you.

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by henrimoto(m): 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
nnamdiosu:
[sup][/sup]

Regardless of all the good things you wrote about her, no 1 alone and no 2 has cancelled, countered, neutralized them all.

Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect. However there is a certain bad someone has, that can outweight all the good the person has.

If she was the kind of person that can take to corrections, even with the bad sides, there would have been hope.

BUT THE MOST TOXIC PERSON TO BE WITH IS THE PERSON THAT WON'T ACCEPT CORRECTIONS BUT RATHER BLAME OTHERS.

Marriage is not always sweet. Is stressful especially when children comes in or finances are not as it used to be. That's when the very patience of one is tested.
Imagine you two in the above situation, can you beat and cope?

Your answer is the answer to the question you are asking on this thread.
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Richy4(m): 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2022
henrimoto:
pls, must you marry this lady ? You talk as if you owe this lady a compulsory marriage, despite the unhappiness she is giving you.
She is a virgin cheesy grin
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Starz825(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Oga oga ...
Once a lady's imperfections are too rigid and will be very hard to adjust ...omoo...pick race ooo...

All her red flags are character based....
You can't change it...you can't...
She is showing all that would happen in the marriage....
Good, you are seeing it beforehand
Make your decisions yourself

How I go dey beg woman wey offend me...which kind rubbish be all this.....
If I offend you..sure I go plead..and if you offend me say sorry I go accept....that's how it works.....

You be simp joor....

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by oweniwe(m): 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Saintinoo:

Boss, now let me describe this lady for you.
You dare not tell her she is wrong or have problem, she accuses you of always complaining and how she has tried. She tell you that you are the one with the problem.

Tell her that she likes belitting you and yoi dont like it, when next you have issues with her, she will accuse you of belitting her.

Bro run. The earlier you run, the better.

Peace of mind and unbothered conscience are the most important things in any relationship. If both are missing, no matter how long you try to patch and manage the relationship, her red flag attitudes you mentioned will only get worse everyday and she will be blaming you for it.

Even if you stay for years, a time will come when you will get fed up and run away.

A woman that cannot accept responsibility for her actions or apologise when she's wrong is the major reason for divorce/husband leaving . Even all these baby mamas, it's one of the reasons why some of their guys decline to marry them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
Saintinoo:
Bro, everybody has a good and bad side, i am not perfect either. And u know that i am not the problem here, what do you make of a girl that belittles you and call you names when an issue comes up.
This has absolutely nothing to do with being perfect or not but the fact that in not really knowing yourself and what you want, you have pretty much wasted this woman's time in a relationship, probably even leading her to believe you are the right person for her. undecided

You are the problem here because this behavior of hers has been there from the start, it seems, yet you led her own making her believe you were OK with it. If you don't like a girl that belittles you and calls you names when an issue comes up, why did you date her all this while, going as far as to promise her marriage? undecided
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Octopusssy(f): 4:17am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This has absolutely nothing to do with being perfect or not but the fact that in not really knowing yourself and what you want, you have pretty much wasted this woman's time in a relationship, probably even leading her to believe you are the right person for her. undecided

You are the problem here because this behavior of hers has been there from the start, it seems, yet you led her own making her believe you were OK with it. If you don't like a girl that belittles you and calls you names when an issue comes up, why did you date her all this while, going as far as to promise her marriage? undecided
I doubt you have ever being in any serious relationship. You sha like talking nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Oct 23, 2022
Octopusssy:
I doubt you have ever being in any serious relationship. You sha like talking nonsense
See delusion abeg! undecided
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Octopusssy(f): 4:35am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
See delusion abeg! undecided
It's not delusion. Stop commenting on things you lack sufficient experience in

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Kobojunkie: 4:43am On Oct 23, 2022
Octopusssy:

It's not delusion. Stop commenting on things you lack sufficient experience in
See delusion! undecided
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by pelumiii(m): 5:10am On Oct 23, 2022
Saintinoo:
Good evening nairaland family.
I have never been in such a situation where i am afraid to make mistake like this.

I have been with this girl for more than three years, of courses i promised her marriage, but i have been seeing so many red flags which after doing my findings, takes me to her being a narcissit.

My problem with her:

1. She wants to control and dominate
2. She loses control of her words when angry; she talks to anybody in any manner she likes when she is angry
3. When she is wrong, instead of apologising, she rather manipulate you to take the blame (gaslighting)
4. She appears disrespectful at times, you dare not tell her that she is disrespectful, she will bring up manipulation.

Her good side:

1. She is a type of woman you can call good woman, considering the moral decay of our society
2. She is a virgin, even though am not bothered about that
3. She can go any lenght to make sure her man and family is ok
4. She cares about me so well, prays for and check on me very well.
5. She is contented with the little i give, even if i know she nags about it sometimes.
6. She is always ready to help when things goes bad.

This good sides if hers is the reason i have still not kicked her out, but the red flags are so clear and i would not want to over look that.

Pls advice, because i think these behaviour of hers won't go, and if i marry her, i have to live with with.
She can go to any lenght to make sure that her man and family is ok and yet you labeled her a narcissist.. Even though this red flags you mentioned are serious issues, have you tried to discuss these things with her and how have you tried to help her?

I don't know much about your relationship with her but from the little you wrote, I can say you are really amplifying her faults and diminishing her strengths.

She is your woman, so you know her more than we do, but I believe these faults she has are things she can work on if she is willing to...

Most times the way we look at the problem is the problem, imagine someone you already labeled a narcissist, obviously you will constantly be on the look out for her flaws and atimes you might end up blowing things out of proportion.

There is one rule I used in my past relationship, I don't correct or point out my partner's fault when the atmosphere is already tensed or when she is still very agitated, I realized she is more receptive when the matter has died down and she is calm, she tend to listen more and see her faults then, but if I pointed her faults out when she is already agitated, she tend to justify her bad behavior and this will create more chaos because I will now definitely get angry...

But you are the one that know where the shoe pinches, all i said is from my own little understanding of your post, but don't be quick to loose a good woman because because of flaws she can work on if she is willing...

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Iceyy(f): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2022
henrimoto:
I don't even understand
Must he marry the girl?
If someone does not give you peace of mind, you let of the person.

See the kind headache he is getting from the girl and he is still asking questions cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Saintinoo(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2022
pelumiii:

She can go to any lenght to make sure that her man and family is ok and yet you labeled her a narcissist.. Even though this red flags you mentioned are serious issues, have you tried to discuss these things with her and how have you tried to help her?

I don't know much about your relationship with her but from the little you wrote, I can say you are really amplifying her faults and diminishing her strengths.

She is your woman, so you know her more than we do, but I believe these faults she has are things she can work on if she is willing to...

Most times the way we look at the problem is the problem, imagine someone you already labeled a narcissist, obviously you will constantly be on the look out for her flaws and atimes you might end up blowing things out of proportion.

There is one rule I used in my past relationship, I don't correct or point out my partner's fault when the atmosphere is already tensed or when she is still very agitated, I realized she is more receptive when the matter has died down and she is calm, she tend to listen more and see her faults then, but if I pointed her faults out when she is already agitated, she tend to justify her bad behavior and this will create more chaos because I will now definitely get angry...

But you are the one that know where the shoe pinches, all i said is from my own little understanding of your post, but don't be quick to loose a good woman because because of flaws she can work on if she is willing...

Bro you spoke well, more importanly about talking to her. But one of, if not the main reason for the fights is that i try to correct her where she is wrong, i even ready last time we had a major fight, i told her gently that she needs some sort of help, and i will stand by her to make sure we pass this trying stage.

The more you try to tell her the wrongs she did, she turn the fault on you and try to manipulate you until you agree to being the problem.

The reason why i said she is a narcissit is because she thick all the boxes of a narc, but still i wanted to see that we can work things out. I have never for once told her that she is a narc, i only tild to watch out for some narc behaviour in her and work on it.

I am not trying to sound good, i also have my fault, but i have never attempted, even the thought of laying my hands on her, i respect her and her decisions, i might sometimes go wrong, after everything i call and apologize.

Will she apologize? in the heat of our argument, she told me that she wish she can turn the hands of time, the next day i called her to scold her about what she said and to ask her if she really want to turn the hands of time, guess what, she started bringing up stories to manipulate me and make me feel guilt, instead of apologising.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Stargurl20(f): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2022
Don't tell me you're just seeing all these after 3years.
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Saintinoo(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2022
Stargurl20:
Don't tell me you're just seeing all these after 3years.

No, i have been trying to make things work and finding a way to understand her all through those years. But i know better now.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Ebubu: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Octopusssy:

kobojunkie talks nonsense always in every relationship issues. there’s this other moniker i’m trying to remember, can’t tell if it’s other moniker or still same kobo. the two of them once i see their comment, i expect rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Ebubu: 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Saintinoo:

No, i have been trying to make things work and finding a way to understand her all through those years. But i know better now.
guy, you are on your own if you marry this girl. my hand no dey.

i’ve gotten tired of trying to change someone. i prefer the person meeting my characters i want instead of transforming who doesn’t meet my characters into having such characters.

no go devote your life into transforming someone wey no be you born am.

dump her and tell her if she ever chats or calls you again, you’ll use her for rituals, she’ll run. i am warning you to leave that girl and never look back

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Stargurl20(f): 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
Saintinoo:

If you're being honest with all these you accused her of, I wouldn't advice you to marry such woman. Not just a woman, humans shouldn't have high inflated idea of their won importance. We shouldn't be full of ourselves.

However, I think u should have discard her earlier the moment you tried changing all these, and u are not seeing any signs of her willing to. Maybe her virginity got into her head, not knowing they are countless virgins ( forget what they say here.
Anyway, the ball is in your court

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Saintinoo(m): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
Stargurl20:

If you're being honest with all these you accused her of, I wouldn't advice you to marry such woman. Not just a woman, humans shouldn't have high inflated idea of their won importance. We shouldn't be full of ourselves.

However, I think u should have discard her earlier the moment you tried changing all these, and u are not seeing any signs of her willing to. Maybe her virginity got into her head, not knowing they are countless virgins ( forget what they say here.
Anyway, the ball is in your court

Not only her virginity, she has good figures, she is a type of girl that 10 men will try to talk to daily, so that nade her tell me things like '' i wish i can turn the hands of time, you make me regret saying yes to you, you know how many men i have refused because of you''.
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by obinna58(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Saintinoo:
I have never been in such a situation where i am afraid to make mistake like this.

I have been with this girl for more than three years, of courses i promised her marriage, but i have been seeing so many red flags which after doing my findings, takes me to her being a narcissit.

My problem with her:

2. She loses control of her words when angry; she talks to anybody in any manner she likes when she is angry
3. When she is wrong, instead of apologising, she rather manipulate you to take the blame (gaslighting)
4. She appears disrespectful at times, you dare not tell her that she is disrespectful, she will bring up manipulation.

Her good side:

1. She is a type of woman you can call good woman, considering the moral decay of our society
5. She is contented with the little i give, even if i know she nags about it sometimes.

This good sides if hers is the reason i have still not kicked her out, but the red flags are so clear and i would not want to over look that.

Pls advice, because i think these behaviour of hers won't go, and if i marry her, i have to live with with.
Some of your statements are contradicting, else na pretence
A good woman will humble herself instead of wanting to control, dominate and manipulate her man, moral societal decency is of no use to you, inner purity is what you need.
I don't think being disrespectful and willing to go any length to make sure her man is ok should be in the same line.
She nags sometimes and yet contented with little you give(I no understand o)
Na pretence I dey see o

Does she make effort to settle problems, like try to make peace or you're the carrying it for head?
Is she someone who can't look away over very little things, like small things turns very big problem?
If you both angry who tries to make peace first?
Does she go toe to toe with you? Or have such capability.
If you cannot tame her don't marry her else na wotowoto

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by DonnyD24hj: 1:57am On Dec 22, 2022
Once I was young and did not know how to build suckers properly. It was difficult for me, because I did not know how to find an approach to my partners. That was when I had a narcissistic girl in my pair. However, everything changed when I studied in more detail the rules and approaches to building such relationships in this blog https://worldofarticle.com/narcissist-couples/ The rules and tips were useful and in the following relationships I managed to do everything right. I think you will also be interested in this blog.
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Stevenbright(m): 4:53am On Dec 22, 2022
Saintinoo:

Bro that number three also trouble me, what ked to our current fight, she talked to me un a disrespectful way, i told her to mind the way she talks to me, that aside being her boyfriend, i am not her mate, this girl picked offense and startedaccusing me of being ddominating and forming god.

Which also led her say that she regrets saying yes to me, she been saying this for long.

"Which also led her say that she regrets saying yes to me"

The above is not the kind of words you take for granted. She is the type that will tell you in the future that she regret marrying you. Such a lady will leave you for another man when you most needed her! Be warned.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 22, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by JeffreyJunior: 6:10am On Dec 22, 2022
You promised her marriage and you've been with her for 3yrs, only for you to realize now that she has bad sides? Oga, you yourself no dey try too but I'll forgive you because we are talking marriage here not just any relationship.

You are the one getting married not me so you should be able to know exactly what you want in a woman.

As for me, I put my peace of mind above everything including love and beauty. A lady that can't afford to grant me that singular request is not for me.

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Backo97: 6:20am On Dec 22, 2022
Saintinoo:

My problem with her:

Her good side:

I had some of these issues with my ex, especially number 3. I was with her for 3 years; we were even friends for many years before dating. She also has the exact good qualities you listed. 

But I took the hard decision and I eventually left her because I was convinced in my heart that she would never change, and if I eventually got married to her, which was my plan, there would be a crisis. It’s been eight months since we separated, and I never regretted my action. 

Follow your conviction, bro.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by missidy: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2022
All you just described is my 41yrs old cousin. Bad character everywhere, her fiance ran away to Ghana so that she won't find him. Till today, she isn't married. Anytime we watched a movie together and she sees a lady talking anyhow to her husband, she will shake her head and say "she go soon learn, me sef I don learn my lesson grin." Talk to her, if she refuses to change then make your decision.
Saintinoo:

Bro, i do not normally talk about age, but i had to considering that this lady doesnt talk to her 18 years old kid sister the way she yells at me. She completely disregard me, especially when she is angry, anytime she becomes angry, i receive the eorworst word and insult of my life, belitting, telling me that she regrets dating me, she wish she could turn the hands of time.

This lady trys to control me, i dare not see her post online without saying a nice word, else she will tell me terrible things.

If we are to do something, it has to favour her, not minding wht they other person feel.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by oladcity(m): 8:40am On Dec 22, 2022
Guy, run for your life. These so call good sides or attributes will be like gravel coated with chocolate in your mouth after you get married.

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by BigCowHornn: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2022
Saintinoo:

My problem with her:

Her good side:

That's a wonderful woman you have right there.

It's seems she can manage everything else except her personality ... the anger part in particular

I'll advice you not marry her though. Why?

You don't have the personality or understanding to absorb her bad side. No one is perfect to.

That girl can be tamed but not with force or too much sense.
Gentleness, love, silence and ... grin.... sense.

It's a fight you can't win unless she loves you. I speak from experience here. I once had a bad babe like that in school. She was big and beautiful ...so full of all the shiit you've mentioned

Whenever she makes trouble at home it's me her people send for to bring her under control . She fights everyone except me.. never argues with me.

Babe and me were same age. She got married to older man right after school thanks to her people. I wasn't ready then. That's how I lost her. It's one of my few regrets in life especially given that she is dropping twins like biscuit... 3 sets so far.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Pootle: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
na becos she never chop correct gbola...doggy her and put sense into her head cool
Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Curiouscity(m): 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
Op, this was exactly my list of pros and cons 12 years ago. I am living in deep regret and tears now.

You see those things you listed as 'good side'? That is manipulations at work. Fear manipulators!

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I Am About To Marry A Good Girl Naricisssit. by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
missidy:
All you just described is my 41yrs old cousin. Bad character everywhere, her fiance ran away to Ghana so that she won't find him. Till today, she isn't married. Anytime we watched a movie together and she sees a lady talking anyhow to her husband, she will shake her head and say "she go soon learn, me sef I don learn my lesson grin." Talk to her, if she refuses to change then make your decision.
Stop perpetuating this silly idea that there is only one person out there for ant particular woman. Tell your cousin to get herself together and find herself a man whose specs fit hers. Stop making it seem as though she is doomed for life or something because one man left her. undecided

Also, tell your cousin that scientists have identified at least 16 different personality types meaning even in relationships there is no one formulae for success. A woman is as free as a man to engage and express herself without needing to be demonized by other women such as your cousin for not fitting into a set mold created by society. In fact society thrives when folks learn that so long as no crime is committed all is to be expected and accepted. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Mother's Day To All Nairalanders / A Husband Confesses: 'watching My Wife Give Birth Put Me Off Sex For A YEAR!' / Help! My Husband Keeps Saving His Ex-girl Pix From Watzup On His Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.