Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) (28613 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

I thought you guys were happy that it was a Yoruba thug that was killed but it turns out it was an Igbo trader! Now you guys wants Justice?

Thought you guys were happy it was Lagos government that shut the market but it turn out it was shut by traders! Now you guys want it open?

Hunger should kee the traders nah

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Mrkumareze(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2022
PureFace1:

Shut Up

It is because the Agbero are Yoruba you guys want to have Courage

It is not today people have been complaining about Agbero in Onitsha, the Agbero in Onitsha when did igbo traders in Onitsha have the courage to resist them? But when it come to Yoruba land you guys will suddenly have muscle, you think Yoruba are easy to deal with.

The Era of Accommodation is over if you guys don't behave yourself, South west will get hot for you guys.

I have no issue with you, the lady I quoted has given me her clear view on the issue and I'm well pleased with her. As for you, a condom of N50 should have prevented your existence.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Benwallt(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
sorry about my cold comment, I stand with the innocent traders not the silly agberos...but I am just angry a specific tribe turned these into an ethnic fight and are claiming victimization!

But they don't know that all tribes were affected in that clash, including the host tribe!

Meanwhile, Agberos should be banned, they are a menace to the society!!!
Wow! I am disappointed. What are you justifying?

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Deeprooted: 8:24am On Oct 22, 2022
Tinibi boys at work

If that old man ever gets close to Ask Rock, the level of 'Agberondatry' will be unimaginable

7 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by VawulenceLover: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

I thought you guys were happy that it was a Yoruba thug that was killed but it turns out it was an Igbo trader! Now you guys wants Justice?

Yorubas are disgusting. Ibos are nuisance
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kaywhy09(m): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2022
Businesses suffer the loss
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2022
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by 2Radii: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2022
post=117770840:
Mind you that most of the traders have branches in Onitsha, Aba, Kano and other major cities
I think they should go to their branches for now, till further notice grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by FireUpNow(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

Do not allow tribalism to injure you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by bigdammyj: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Noted.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by 2Radii: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

Lol

Awon weyrey

Awon apoda, dadandidin grin

6 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by porthouse7(f): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2022
post=117770759:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMSnlScQlc

Alaba will remain close until those thugs that attacked the market face justice- Traders

Watch AIT coverage of Alaba market through the link below

https://fb.watch/gjeB_1D257/
which justice? U can even close it forever

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by naijapikin2(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2022
Let's see how long they'll have the mind to keep it locked!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Joniww(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2022
Justice is needed
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Lexusgs430: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2022
Let's see how tinubu's thugs, would extort them.......... Sanwo olu, should ban this thugs..........

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Cantonese: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2022
DesChyko:
They want a lasting solution. Even though Igbos dominate the market, we also have Yorubas dominating some forms of trade and Northerners dominating the Bureau d'Change and cart haulage areas.

And while the Northerners may not be subject to this level of extortion because their no-nonsense Alaba-Rago barracks is ready to send in brutal reinforcement to anyone who threatens their will to exist, the market suffers directly or indirectly from the activities of the miscreants and never-do-wells.

Let them hold till sanity return. The LASG need time to decide which is more favourable to them; grooming urchins or tax remittance. They can have a better way of collecting taxes without making the market a crazy scene and setting up an IDP ranch for the miscreants elsewhere where they can take care of them.

It started years ago, with the omoniles, criminally supported by the security agencies. It was not as bad it has presently become.

The lot for this payment at the Volkswagen bus stop only falls on the importer. Clearing agents and truck transporters carry the containers enroute to the market only to be blocked by these fellows, not in the name of NURTW or Parks management committee led by Musiliu Akinsanya, but in the names of the Oba, Navy, Army, Police, local government and themselves.

If not for the worsening economy, there used to be at least 500 containers on the average arriving Alaba international market daily. That has been drastically reduced, thanks to Buhari. With a daily average now of 100 - 200 containers, these touts make importers pay between 70k and 100k for 20ft and 40ft containers at that Volks point. You can all make your estimation and decide how much it translates to.

For those small buyers, getting out of the market through Iyana Iba involves extortion too by the touts. No one is spared. Your tribe does not exonerate you

Think about the multiplier effect. Traders must make their profits. So the cost of electronics in your homes skyrocket.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by pachigo001(m): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2022
I thought urchins say they are strong why are they running once igbos start chanting izogbu eyimba run for your life grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by oneMalik: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2022
very well.

What a great move !
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

What's your stand ? The Agboros should keep extorting the legit hustlers and allotting major roads to street traders
Haven't read such a biased comment from you on this platform. I hope your account is not hacked

You have worse agberos who collect more levies from you in the east and you comply without any complain, but when it comes to Lagos you can easily find your lost voice.
If you don’t like their activities, carry your polybag and go back to your cave, nobody invited you to Lagos.
Moreover I thought Yorubas are the lazy ones, how come they defeated the energetic people na?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by undisputedKOC: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2022
They should burn down the place and turn it to a graveyard, after all it is fake products that are harmful to society Igbos are selling there. Igbos always constitute nuisance and calamity everywhere they go all over the world. What a hopeless tribe undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Aldol: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2022
Benwallt:
You boys said it was Tinubu's urchin that was Killed, you were jubilating, now it turns out it was one of your own. You are now shouting tribal war.
I dey tell you, these people are so pathetic. I saw the thread where they posted the pic and celebrating saying they are heroes grin grin grin
Na wa for these people

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by spiralwedge(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

What's your stand ? The Agboros should keep extorting the legit hustlers and allotting major roads to street traders
Haven't read such a biased comment from you on this platform. I hope your account is not hacked

His comment wasn't biased, he was rather pointing to the bigotry, hypocrisy and victimization attitude of the other folks. People always talking from both sides of the mouth and always causing trouble without thinking of the consequences even to themselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2022
post=117770840:
Mind you that most of the traders have branches in Onitsha, Aba, Kano and other major cities

Better.
They should even go to those places so we can have some breathing space in Lagos.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sammirano: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2022
Since ibos want to be unfortunate we will tell them a we get here. Some fools cannot tell us how to run our State. If you don't want it leave already awon nuisance

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by porthouse7(f): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Your foolishness is epic grin grin grin u were celebrating the guy that was killed few days ago thinking is one of d agbero..........keep writing nonsense from pillar to post with ur anti yoruba comments grin grin grin ppl wey better pass ur ppl

Let them return to onitsha and Aba to their other shops coz once that place is opened agbero will come in full force and slaughter them like fowl grin
agbero are preparing petrol bomb once they reopen the market, una see wetin u put hand inside

9 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Pakwel(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

When this ethnic war you and your kind always intensify starts, don't run.

Surprised me that's it's a lady that even made that comment..

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by UrPapa: 8:33am On Oct 22, 2022
post=117770800:
Igbo traders have refused to open the market they want justice
when did Alaba turn to igbo market?

10 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 8:33am On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

When this ethnic war you and your kind always intensify starts, don't run.

Run to where?
It’s you guys that would be chased back to your cave, a place you shouldn’t have left in the first place to come constitute nuisance where decent humans are living.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by ipobarethieves: 8:34am On Oct 22, 2022
cool OBI will OPEN it grin cheesy cool wink lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Dissolves Park And Garages Committee, Returns NURTW / Dan Orbih Storms Edo Police Station With Crowd Over 'Rice Diversion' / Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine..special Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.