Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) (28617 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zoharariel:

Don’t EVER be mistaken. The ones you think are different are only hiding their normal nature of hate & bile from you. All of them are the same everywhere on Earth.

Their bitterness & hatred was a “revenge mandate” handed down to them by their parents for losing the Biafran War.

Whichever end of the snake you grab, whether it’s the head or the tail - it is still a snake.

Whether real life, online or offline - all of them are the same everywhere you go.

DON’T EVER LOSE YOUR GUARD!

So says the bolded grin grin
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Lexusgs430: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
Gbagura:
STFU. You don't dictate for your hosts. Ever wonder why they checkmate your excesses in Ghana and SA, even in the north? Na Yoruba land you wan come try nonsense. Na policies we go use destroy you. That's how wise people fight people without manners.

To start with, tell your parents to STFU ........

Nigeria is for all ...... Nobody can claim ownership to any state ..........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
Oga learn to get hold of current information about happenings before jumping it silly conclusion life a lost slowpoke...
PureFace1:

Lol run You think Yoruba are scare of War?

Yoruba is a warring tribe if not for Education

The longest tribe Civil War was between Yoruba sub tribes-- Kiriji War even a sub tribe( the Owu people were wiped out).

Igbo are all over Yoruba land and if you can't behave yourself to have peace then so be it.

You can't resist Agbero in Onitsha and Aba but you suddenly have courage in Lagos? Why?
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Ade3131: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
Cantonese:

Ade, we are saying the same thing.

See, the unions do not have the chairman alone making pronouncements of such magnitude, without their members input.

The market unions basically run the same way, but some are more unified than others. Government has its role to play in terms of security, but the rest, which have to do with compliance fall on the traders and unions.

The ASPAMDA case largely had to do with disagreements among the unions, leading to government intervention.

Except for robberies before now, Alaba market has been a very peaceful place to buy and sell. The unions work well and there is good collaboration with Ojo local government, despite the extortion.

Truly we have a systemic failure. Government seems to abdicate its responsibilities. Part of government's responsibilities is the provision of security and adequate infrastructure for ease of doing business.

Alaba is a market started by a group of Igbo traders in 1979. They relocated from Alaka to that area and over time, that market has become what it is today. The same goes for Trade fair market, relocating from Lagos Island. All the traders there carry out their businesses with happiness and do not want to be molested. The problem lies with the touts, who just want to make life unbearable. Ironically a lot of them have shops within the market.

The challenge also is exacerbated by the security agents, who have made their uniforms, their personal shops. Those who should provide security, are the same people involved in the business of extortion.

The traders have always paid charges, but these charges have been multiplying. With the Nigerian challenge, a lot of traders have been sent packing. Note that I have not included government taxes here.

Government can make the difference by intervening. Government needs to collaborate with the market unions, the Oba, the legion of touts (since touting appears like a legitimate trade in Lagos) and the security agencies. The market unions only insisted that government must call them all to order before they can call for the opening of the place.

Alaba case is not like Ladipo, where government has severally closed because of its dirty habit. It's not 100% but its but it's not dirty.

The proceeds are very huge. They make over N100 million daily extorting traders. Government can have something done and the revenue converted to government use for the better life of everyone.

Let's get government to do the needful for a better Lagos.

Cheers.

On point. Cheers.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
An average northerner is hardworking, honest and straightforward. To them agreement is agreement. Not you Yoruba lots that is slave to your bellies..small hunger they will change signature, what a tribe, God forbid.
KingKO22:

Let them go and tell Kano people that their land belong to nobody then

You will get sence by force

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
Oga keep quite if it's a northern talking, I will give listen, not an idiot from a land full of cowards..
Benwallt:
Why begging him. Many Gowon like are all over the west. Funniest thing is they won't repeat what their saying here in real life situation.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
I used to think you have sense, but now I know you are a shameless liar..
Benwallt:
Honestly, the crop of igbos I met in real life are different from the ones here. The IGR from cadbury in one month is equal to 20yrs of Alaba

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by MoneyMustBMade(m): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
After going through many comment I came to realize that this nation is not one, I don't blame igbohor and nnamdi.

Politicians are the main tool behind the division for thier personal interest after that they will be arresting activities when they are the main tool behind it.

Politicians are supposed to be bringing people together not dividing them

In this case Lagos government need to call all situation in other and remind them that they are brothers for the sake of peace
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sircatherine45(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:

Excuse me, we yorubas are wiser and so we don't involve ourselves in silly wars that will end up killing our people! Unlike you guys!

So pls stop drumming the chants of war!

wiser indeed.

wiser isonu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by ericuzor(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
Gbagura:
Who took your bread, yanmiri?
you are just a child that can't even afford a bread you only come online to spread tribal hate because it gives you orgasm, you should be banned @seun ban Gbagura..

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
osidion2020:
Oga keep quite if it's a northern talking, I will give listen, not an idiot from a land full of cowards..
The greatest coward in Nigerian history is Dim chukwuemeka ojukwu eze gburugburu gbuogi dia! who left Biafra dressed like a woman and ran to ivory coast to look for peace grin
After killing 3 million of your uncles and aunts, rendered the children kwashiorkor ridden while his children were safely tucked away and fed fat. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
jideofor11:

This has to be the most knowledgeable comment I have seen so far on nairaland.

Thanks for your input and may God guide you abundantly.

I swear guy. I almost forgot there were reasonable human beings left.

Even myself I have already gone emotional with the ethnic champions, I no dey waste time na, my own na common sense for common sense, ethnic war for ethnic war grin grin.

Omoluabi deserves an award for the last airbender/Omoluabi.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Bragalane: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
He as no where to run to.
Lagos is where he is from it is your igbos that should not run when it start.
Zonefree:

When this ethnic war you and your kind always intensify starts, don't run.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Bragalane: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
The close of the place will expose how useless your entire tribe is to Lagos
Tenses:

Some people's IGR don reduced drastically.

Good one traders let this Dracula government choose between hard working Nigerians and useless, lazy and lawless "owo mi da" tinubu's Agbero.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by ASAPFERG1: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Truthdeypain Ogun go kill your tribe cheesy cheesy
More deaths and sorrow await you flatheadds in Lagos... cheesy cheesy
Cursed globally hated and globally killed tribe cheesy cheesy
Bloody immigrants and nuisances cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Truthdeypain Ogun go kill your tribe cheesy cheesy
More deaths and sorrow await you flatheadds in Lagos... cheesy cheesy
Cursed globally hated and globally killed tribe cheesy cheesy
Bloody immigrants and nuisances cheesy cheesy

Na wa oo I no quote you oo Boss, It be like say the truth pain you wella grin grin, have a nice day.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sircatherine45(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
membranus:

We don't need your votes in SE, the Igbos have been an open Yoruba enemies for a long time. We know you, we are just tolerating you.

And if your people dare start up any trouble, you will see what we are made of.

The Fulanis tried their religious wars with our forefathers and they failed at the Oshogbo war.

If we are going to divide this country, we had better do it peaceful, because if it is war, we are all prepared for it.

Oga, go and sit down. You can't do any shvt.

Powerless cowards!
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Larryton(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

When this ethnic war you and your kind always intensify starts, don't run.

Stop chest beating, I will only lead you to early grave

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Whiteshield: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
DamianX:
chest beating ape. No be una again? grin grin

Go ask your fathers why they ran away from Lagos during the war.
As them run comot Lagos, we still go that your East kill them well. Go read up on Benjamin Adekunle and Obasanjo.
You come from a lineage of cowardly pigs and you are hopeless.

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Advocate500: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
Realist12:
you're saying something totally wrong, don't let anyone gaslight you into thinking only Lagos uses Agberos or touts , I support the agberos, before now they have been used as levy and tax collectors throughout Nigeria why are you saying they should be banned only in Lagos, what's the reason for the revolt of the traders against the agberos today , if not for election and they think with Obi's presidency they won't be paying the land owners again where as they still pay such levies in their home state to same agberos. The question is why revolt against the system that has been in place for so long , the traders were actually the instigators of violence here . Even the Agberos have proven to be wiser than the traders.

Secondly is Nigeria ripe enough to stop agberos? Most modern taxation systems put in place by Lagos state government is been heavily criticized , Imagine criticism of toll gate which will automatically stop touting of tickets . This people are not stating their intentions.
do you actually meant what you wrote? How does agberoesm help the development of a society ,I don't envy lagosians seriously,how can one man with thuggish life mentality controls the rest of sane mind?
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Realist12: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
Advocate500:
do you actually meant what you wrote? How does agberoesm help the development of a society ,I don't envy lagosians seriously,how can one man with thuggish life mentality controls the rest of sane mind?
Okay man , are you proposing they touts that are doing legal jobs be disbanded ? If yes . Please explain the taxation system that will be effective. And are you willing to take up their jobs after they get disbanded ?

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kcnwaigbo: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Doctor Who ni.

No need for questions, just tell your people that we’re ok with the IGR they’ve been contributing to develop Lagos, they can now take it back home where you need it more.
Someone who stays under the bridge cannot decide for people who stay in posh duplexes where to do their businesses
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by tsdarkside(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
this issue has been here for soo many years....

strange is,igbos didnt make soo much noise when jonathan was in charge....

defendin criminality because of tribe is comin back to disturb them now....

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
2Radii:
u can issue it on their behalf... cretin..

I don't have time for retards, u can go play with dirts
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by djseanjohn77: 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
Tenses:

Some people's IGR don reduced drastically.

Good one traders let this Dracula government choose between hard working Nigerians and useless, lazy and lawless "owo mi da" tinubu's Agbero.

See as you are exposing your mumuism in public place....Do you even know how many markets are in Lagos? Do you think the bulk of Lagos revenue comes from market owners? For your info, that revenue there goes to the Ojo Local Govt. You think 45billion monthly is 45million.....You think if government were to collect revenuwe from Alaba, it can generate 45m monthly -You are so daft, all your etrnal problem is Lagos revenue, you want lagos to become Anambra suddenly, Anambra will never ever in 1 million years to come be like Lagos, not even half of Lagos wealth. You know why? you are bigots, you are tribalist, A state only progresses if it runs an inclusive non-bias, non-tribal, non-ethnic, non-partisan governance. That's why Lagos is progressive, it accommodates all , even flat heads, they run to Lagos to sell gala in traffic. Your graduates flock/run to Lagos for opportunities after graduation, can you zone ever do such? No, Tinubu and Lagos is your headache, calm down before you develop HBP

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by BanyXchi: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Most of u yorubas are soooo foolish...if a tribal.war starts here... it will be the end of lagos.... structures will be destroyed , businesses will be forever gone, investors will runaway from lagos...infrastructure will be totally annihilated.... the northerners are still suffering it and are looking for ways to bring the igbos back....something that can never happen....without the oil and gas in he South South that ur lagos still benefits from... u guys will be like lome ... if not for the igbos...ur lavos obas will be as hungry and wretched like most of these other local obas in SW.... without the Igbos u yorubas can't make money... u will be worse than Aljamiri ... cos u people have nothing to offer apart from relying on government.....mention one known lucrative business a yoruba man is known for ? Mention just one... u guys only live on tax and selling of land ... the Igbos use the money they make from their numerous business to acquire properties in lagos... if u yorubas were good at making money as u claim, then the rest of other SW states will also be at least 70% developed as lagos ....
we'll never let you burn down Lagos you stupid nyamiri low IQ animal.... You 'develop' everywhere except from your own erosion ravaged potopoto shithole region.

Ogun and Oyo state are a billion times dar developed than your landlocked erosion ravaged cannibalistic potopoto shithole, Ogun ranks 2nd in HDI and Oyo has more VAT than the east combined,your region was already a poor shithole even before the war started by your flat headed Ojukwu,get that into your flat skull osu.

I would have thought the state with so many “billionaires” would have had these same “billionaires” invest back all their “billions” in their flagship state. 90% of the rich folks from your region didn’t even make their money from the same region grin they had to migrate to my region and outside the country (trading, drugs and crime) to make their money. You guys have the lowest number of middle class in the south, low purchasing power, little population, zero industries, zero manufacturing coupled with insecurity, therefore no company (foreign or local) would invest in your region. Na only to open shop to buy and sell una sabi. Worst is that you don’t even manufacture what you sell. You simply import everything, thereby killing our economy, manufacturing and naira.

You primitive people can continue your petty trading, while my people are dominating in value/critical sectors like manufacturing, IT/FINTECH, coding, software, entertainment, financial market, insurance, banking etc. Container business is your future. Your children will take over while we will pass on intellectually driven businesses to our next generation. Your container businesses can also be very easily targeted, so I’m excited for that. I look forward to that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by 2Radii: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

I don't have time for retards, u can go play with dirts
grin grin

He feel oppressed

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by JealousCobra(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

I thought you guys were happy that it was a Yoruba thug that was killed but it turns out it was an Igbo trader! Now you guys wants Justice?

I noticed that most of your Comments here are bias and senseless.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Everlastingson: 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

U have mental problems......dis thread was created by ur fellow bigots to ridicule the peaceful yoruba ppl, u did not condemn that but it's my comment that's ur problem....that problem won't leave u

Hatred and tribalism will take you to hell
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2022
Benwallt:
Honestly, the crop of igbos I met in real life are different from the ones here. The IGR from cadbury in one month is equal to 20yrs of Alaba

Just wait a while. One of them will come and tell you that Cadbury is a yiibo company. They are that stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by chriss100: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Calm down educated man.
They can’t be phased out just like that, they might be going a little overboard in their dealings but their job requires some level of crase to collect money from some stubborn traders who feel entitled to Lagos as a no man’s land.

Or can you go to the market with your suit and tie to collect the tax or should they leave the traders to use the land free of charge?

This type of tax collection might be a bit crude but it’s simply a reflection of our level of development in naija.

With time Lagos govt will come up with a better method, but the traders have no choice but to manage for now, and if they don’t want it , onisha market is there for them to trade without agberos disturbing them.
Body go tell them.

Facts!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by DamianX: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Whiteshield:

Go ask your fathers why they ran away from Lagos during the war.
As them run comot Lagos, we still go that your East kill them well. Go read up on Benjamin Adekunle and Obasanjo.
You come from a lineage of cowardly pigs and you are hopeless.

It's okay to make up fairytale in your head just to shy away from the painful reality grin

I'll let you dream because it's free grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" / President Jonathan's Food-Poisoning Suit In Gambian Court / Twitter User Begs GEJ For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.