Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) (28619 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by fredoooooo: 9:18am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Stop boasting you buffoon.
Are ibo people the only ones into spare part business?
This arrogance of yours is tending towards insanity.
You place too much importance on yourselves.
Even the manufacturers of the products don’t make as much mouth as you mere buyers.
And it’s not like china sells to you guys alone.
Gedifok away jare.
Go and sell it in your biafra, nobody needs you here.
People wey dey mad , Lagos was in a perfect order , before they influx with ther Ghana must go in a overnight Bus.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kals4luv990(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

I thought you guys were happy that it was a Yoruba thug that was killed but it turns out it was an Igbo trader! Now you guys wants Justice?

so this your stupidity neva wan end.. nawa ooh

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Pipefitter: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:

Excuse me, we yorubas are wiser and so we don't involve ourselves in silly wars that will end up killing our people! Unlike you guys!

So pls stop drumming the chants of war!

Can you be reasonable for once, a life is lost. Try to see beyond tribe... We are talking about human life. Alaba issue is not about tribe, it's traders against extortionists, mind you that many Yoruba and other tribe traders abound there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by DMerciful(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2022
How can they be collecting tax for land from renters instead of the landlords who inturn collect rents from tenants.

You're not thinking straight and mind you Igbos fought to leave Nigeria but since Nigeria forced them to be nigerian, every inch of Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally including Igbos
SugarGirl44:

This is what they like, to bully people into silence and you just fell for their game.

Those agberos are collecting taxes on behalf of the land owners for the use of their land, but the ibos don’t want to pay them because Lagos is no man’s land according to them.
Whether they like it or not those agberos would continue to collect the taxes until a modern method is devised.

In their biafra they have brutal agberos there who collect money from you for just passing on the road, and have you ever heard them complain? No!
But when they get to Yorubaland, they suddenly develop wings and want to fly high because they say Yorubas are cowards.

Enough of the gentleman attitude abeg, we’re in the era of gbas gbos.

Any ibo that mentions me stupiidly should be ready to hear the history of ojuku this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Realist12: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2022
scottsammy:

Though your opinion, but I don't like the fact that a learned person like you supports this illegal extortions. If someone like you supports this,then we have a huge problem in Nigeria. It means that your education and exposure- if you are tho, is useless.
Agberos are no different from arm robbers, they extort with the use of threat and violence. Their activities are illegal and must be banned nation wide.
So both you, your kinds and the useless agberos are a menace to our society at large.
this is Africa. We have to upgrade our systems gradually not abruptly. Lagos state is the most upgraded state in terms of administrative systems but if we are realistic you can't fade away touting just like that . You're going to create chaos . The touts are doing legitimate work .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by freshvine(f): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2022
Mercury12:
Let it remain close till they have sense. They will las las pay their shop owners or dues or be ejected. Nobody will tell them this ain't the east

Same thing. Let it remain close while they keep paying their dues.
Almost all tribes in Nigeria live in Lagos state. One tribe cannot start giving wahala and fighting the system. This isn't the east

I thought yoruba touts usually clash with hausa traders ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Realist12: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2022
Alabaintprice:

I have one very simple question to ask you. When you give me an answer then I will swear on your generation yet to come....

You come to Alaba to buy a television set and you put it in your own private car. On you way going home a tout sights you and tell you to pay for what you bought.
Please tell this honourable thread in all sincerity, WILL YOU PAY? YES OR NO
I do pay when I used to buy things from Alaba.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2022
broadman20:

Are they not good in running?
People who Fulani herdsmen chased down to Benin Republic and they willing set up an IDP CAMP
Cowards, women in men's clothing.

See this mad man.
Even without war, all your people are running away to our land on a daily basis and you dare open your gutter mouth to talk?
Hope you know Benin is also part of Yorubaland sha?
So the joke’s on you.
Igbos always poking nose in other people’s business but leave theirs to rotten.

13 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kals4luv990(m): 9:24am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:

Excuse me, we yorubas are wiser and so we don't involve ourselves in silly wars that will end up killing our people! Unlike you guys!

So pls stop drumming the chants of war!
weakling and snitches na im choke Yoruba.. two faced cowards..

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Echoban: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2022
hush15:

The biggest justice these traders can get is to vote out these present government in Lagos. Any other suitable candidate is ok...

Have they ever voted APC in Lagos before? Abegi

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kingyakos: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2022
scottsammy:

Though your opinion, but I don't like the fact that a learned person like you supports this illegal extortions. If someone like you supports this,then we have a huge problem in Nigeria. It means that your education and exposure- if you are tho, is useless.
Agberos are no different from arm robbers, they extort with the use of threat and violence. Their activities are illegal and must be banned nation wide.
So both you, your kinds and the useless agberos are a menace to our society at large.

Bro, that guy is not educated and he hasn't travelled out from his shell. There's a very massive electronic market in my state that's been trade by Igbos and Yoruba, you can never see any agbero roaming ten meters close to the market gate because the State government has invested alot to keep the market to standard and their mode of tax payment is digital.

Exception of motor park, agbero has no place in my state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Echoban: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2022
freshvine:

Shop they've bought. They're rent free.

U can't own the shop more than the govt. Sorry

9 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kals4luv990(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

See this mad man.
Even without war, all your people are running away to our land on a daily basis and you dare open your gutter mouth to talk?
Hope you know Benin is also part of Yorubaland sha?
So the joke’s on you.
Igbos always poking nose in other people’s business but leave theirs to rotten.
please go and do history well..Benin is not Yoruba and will neva be Yoruba.
If not for we igbos,na ghost for develop your Lagos?
Tribe with no shame and sense
I did rather deal with a fulani or hausa dan deal with Yoruba.. niggas b snitches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Mercury12(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2022
freshvine:

I thought yoruba touts usually clash with hausa traders ?
they won't mind a clash with ipob miscreants that won't pay their dues too. Can y'all try same with anambra touts?

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Godszilla: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2022
This is scary, how can someone learned n expose support agbero.sad.
Becos it's what we use Nigeria does it make it right?Even in this east you guys talk about they av agbero (ye m ego,that's their cliche over there)are greatly disliked over there too.
How do u defend thuggery n violence n call it a norm, na wah.

Realist12:
you're saying something totally wrong, don't let anyone gaslight you into thinking only Lagos uses Agberos or touts , I support the agberos, before now they have been used as levy and tax collectors throughout Nigeria why are you saying they should be banned only in Lagos, what's the reason for the revolt of the traders against the agberos today , if not for election and they think with Obi's presidency they won't be paying the land owners again where as they still pay such levies in their home state to same agberos. The question is why revolt against the system that has been in place for so long , the traders were actually the instigators of violence here . Even the Agberos have proven to be wiser than the traders.

Secondly is Nigeria ripe enough to stop agberos? Most modern taxation systems put in place by Lagos state government is been heavily criticized , Imagine criticism of toll gate which will automatically stop touting of tickets . This people are not stating their intentions.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by freshvine(f): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2022
Mercury12:
Let it remain close till they have sense. They will las las pay their shop owners or dues or be ejected. Nobody will tell them this ain't the east

Same thing. Let it remain close while they keep paying their dues.
Almost all tribes in Nigeria live in Lagos state. One tribe cannot start giving wahala and fighting the system. This isn't the east

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by JaskanFactor: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2022
the same people behind the flood, the terrorists etc are behind all the transports worker cult violence and alaba fight is just part of that process.

This are all things we never heard before in Nigeria and now they are all happening at the same time. Obviously you will find those behind it in government and all the way up to the oyinbo colonial rulers of Nigeria .

All of this things that have never happen befor is not happening at same time by chance.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Benwallt(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2022
Aldol:

I dey tell you, these people are so pathetic. I saw the thread where they posted the pic and celebrating saying they are heroes grin grin grin
Na wa for these people
I saw the battered face of the victim here too. They were celebrating as if it was a goat that was killed oblivious that it was one of theirs. These same individuals worship deadlier agberos in onitsha and won't dare to look them in the face. For the fact that they are given enabling environment to conduct their business doesn't mean they should be flexing muscles looking for avoidable problem. I am not glorifying agbero but grounds should be prepared to discuss and reach resolutions. No man or tribe is superior to the other but these guys are trying to prove what they are not.

9 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sukkot: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2022
fcbelle72:
... You and your people will remain slaves to ur fulani lords, igbos can never bow to any tribe , we are kings
kings indeed cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by babajero(m): 9:29am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

I thought you guys were happy that it was a Yoruba thug that was killed but it turns out it was an Igbo trader! Now you guys wants Justice?

So you are really proud of thuggery?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Mercury12(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2022
E pain this one e go google pictures grin
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sangresan(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2022
post=117770759:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMSnlScQlc

Alaba will remain close until those thugs that attacked the market face justice- Traders

Watch AIT coverage of Alaba market through the link below

https://fb.watch/gjeB_1D257/

Una dey play too much. Body go pain you.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kingyakos: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

This is what they like, to bully people into silence and you just fell for their game.

Those agberos are collecting taxes on behalf of the land owners for the use of their land, but the ibos don’t want to pay them because Lagos is no man’s land according to them.
Whether they like it or not those agberos would continue to collect the taxes until a modern method is devised.

In their biafra they have brutal agberos there who collect money from you for just passing on the road, and have you ever heard them complain? No!
But when they get to Yorubaland, they suddenly develop wings and want to fly high because they say Yorubas are cowards.

Enough of the gentleman attitude abeg, we’re in the era of gbas gbos.

Any ibo that mentions me stupiidly should be ready to hear the history of ojuku this morning.

Hypnotized dullard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Ade3131: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2022
Cantonese:

The traders union in Alaba market is very strong, especially inside the main market. If Lagos State government says open the market and the union does not give the go ahead, it will remain shut.

The union authorised the closing of the market just as the government played its own part to avoid further damage.

This fight was long coming. They have had similar fights in Ladipo and Balogun markets several times. None yet at the trade Fair. It's only traders who feel the pain.

Government has to look into the matter. The extortion is unbearable for everyone.

Before now, what you could import at the rate of $400, you get at the rate of $750. Now you need to source for more naira to pay for your goods. On arrival at the seaport, tariffs have increased along with VAT. You pay shipping company and terminal owners. Customs do their own. You face transporters and then set off to the market. You encounter customs at Berger and Festac. You encounter NURTW and other touts on the road. Finally you get to Volkswagen where you pay that disputed bulky amount.

For youths here who are so childish and cannot reason properly, ask yourselves who pockets those monies go to. They are not used to fix roads or develop the state. Alaba roads are very terrible.

When the trucks pass Volkswagen, they encounter the local government team in front of their offices and then the "police armoured tanker" toll gate. Other ones wait as the truck progresses to the importer's warehouse.

These things are killing.

How can we have a country like this with crooks in different guises? Customers on foot are scared to get to the market because area boys are waiting to collect ground rent on the way out of the market.

If we truly want a better country, we must rise against every form of injustice and overcome tribalism.

Whatever happens in Alaba market, affects those others outside the market. Prices are determined there. Most of your electronics are sourced there. Your corner shop in your area where you purchase your generator, get their supplies from there. Now that the market is closed, prices would definitely rise, as dealers do not have where to restock from.

Hopefully government can get it sorted out quickly and the unions open the market.

To be candid, your points are valid and to some degree, 100% true.

My question is premised on the claim that it's the market chairman that closed the market whereas in the real fact it is the constituted authority of the state that made the call.

And to clarify you on the only point I think you missed a bit. If the state government decide it's time to reopen the market and the market chairman insist it remains closed, the state have the powers to nullify the authority and constitution that brought such chairman into office and appoint a sole administrator for such market, pending when a new election will be conducted, and consequently go on with their plans to reopen the market. The guys in ASPMDA will explain how this works to you because the immediate past president of ASPMDA was an administrator appointed by the government before they did election about 5 months ago or so.

Like I said earlier, your points are valid just that we all know the shit of a country we find ourselves in. Our problem here is systemic failure. So many non-state actors and institutionalized corruption.

I don't know how we're ever going to come out of it because if they make you the governor of Lagos state today, I can bet my left balls that you won't end it too, because the proceeds from this avenue are unaudited and unaccounted for, yet the remittance comes in daily.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by caprini1: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Your foolishness is epic grin grin grin u were celebrating the guy that was killed few days ago thinking is one of d agbero..........keep writing nonsense from pillar to post with ur anti yoruba comments grin grin grin ppl wey better pass ur ppl

Let them return to onitsha and Aba to their other shops coz once that place is opened agbero will come in full force and slaughter them like fowl grin
Nothing to laugh about this incident.....some Hausas,Igbos and Yorubas lost their lives unnecessarily .The press will never really know what happened.We dont need all this senseless mayhem.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Mercury12(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2022
Godszilla:
This is scary, how can someone learned n expose support agbero.sad.
Becos it's what we use Nigeria does it make it right?Even in this east you guys talk about they av agbero (ye m ego,that's their cliche over there)are greatly disliked over there too.
How do u defend thuggery n violence n call it a norm, na wah.

They are disliked but not fought. Right?
Then you think Lagos state is the right place to begin your fight against the system abi?

12 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by membranus: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2022
onatisi:
that has always been the trend in Nigeria anytime a general election is coming but in this case, it is a great pity that it is the Yoruba presidential candidate that will suffer for this.
most Yorubas supporting this think the impact and effects of these actions stays only in Lagos and that is where they are getting it wrong. now even the small votes apc is thinking of getting in the southeast is gradually slipping away.

We don't need your votes in SE, the Igbos have been an open Yoruba enemies for a long time. We know you, we are just tolerating you.

And if your people dare start up any trouble, you will see what we are made of.

The Fulanis tried their religious wars with our forefathers and they failed at the Oshogbo war.

If we are going to divide this country, we had better do it peaceful, because if it is war, we are all prepared for it.

6 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by seunjungle1(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2022
It cleared in your face now that nobody have might to hold vawulence.

Zonefree:

When this ethnic war you and your kind always intensify starts, don't run.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sangresan(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2022
Ibos were celebrating on Nairaland that they dealt with Yorubas not knowing it was their people who got killed.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Subsidy: You Can’t Go On Strike, FG Tells NLC, TUC / Explosion At Mr Biggs In Karu, Abuja / Photo: To Raise Sculptural Piece Of Jonathan In Otuoke As A Mark Of Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.