Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) (28604 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Let's see how tinubu's thugs, would extort them.......... Sanwo olu, should ban this thugs..........
How many times have you asked anambra to ban those thugs at onitsha? I even think say you get sense until now. Werey umidigi peddler.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 11:22am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Thunder fire your mother.
When have you protested against the agberos in onisha and aba?
Your strength only lies in Lagos, bunch of mofos.

It’s very simple, if you can’t make the payment go back to your cave.
Why are you obsessed with Yorubaland?

You are a child and a foolish one too. grin grin
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:23am On Oct 22, 2022
pachigo001:
I thought urchins say they are strong why are they running once igbos start chanting izogbu eyimba run for your life grin
LASG have plans to demolish alaba, ladipo and computer village. Enjoy the moments being. No non-yoruba dominated market will be allowed as from next year. Let's know if Lagos is truly a no man's land when the events occur.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by omonnakoda: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2022
Your mouth no big pass anybody mouth so make you shut up abeg
No be only you sabi shout
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Ayodeoba: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2022
post=117770800:
Igbo traders have refused to open the market they want justice
that Justice! Where do he live?
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Your foolishness is epic grin grin grin u were celebrating the guy that was killed few days ago thinking is one of d agbero..........keep writing nonsense from pillar to post with ur anti yoruba comments grin grin grin ppl wey better pass ur ppl

Let them return to onitsha and Aba to their other shops coz once that place is opened agbero will come in full force and slaughter them like fowl grin
Keypad warrior grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Ayodeoba: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

When this ethnic war you and your kind always intensify starts, don't run.
this is our land,we no dey run go anywhere,if you do anyhow,you see anyhow. 3 osu down already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2022
membranus:

We don't need your votes in SE, the Igbos have been an open Yoruba enemies for a long time. We know you, we are just tolerating you.

And if your people dare start up any trouble, you will see what we are made of.

The Fulanis tried their religious wars with our forefathers and they failed at the Oshogbo war.

If we are going to divide this country, we had better do it peaceful, because if it is war, we are all prepared for it.

Alaaye dake joor. Spineless Afonja too is talking grin grin
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Ayodeoba: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Your foolishness is epic grin grin grin u were celebrating the guy that was killed few days ago thinking is one of d agbero..........keep writing nonsense from pillar to post with ur anti yoruba comments grin grin grin ppl wey better pass ur ppl

Let them return to onitsha and Aba to their other shops coz once that place is opened agbero will come in full force and slaughter them like fowl grin
hahahaha! You this guy,u get bad mouth ooo

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sukkot: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2022
BloomingDale:

You no dey fawk. Abeg, make we hear word. Everytime ashawo, ashawo. Ashawo Kee you there.
cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2022
fcbelle72:
... You and your people will remain slaves to ur fulani lords, igbos can never bow to any tribe , we are kings
Na why they pushed you one side for national politics. Keep fooling around till Ijaw take your place. Na ego go destroy your tribe if care isn't taken. You call yourselves what you aren't.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by pachigo001(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2022
Lagos is no mans land una no fit do anything we don buy una land finish you guys should go back to Osun state grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2022
johnfem321:
I believe yorubas understand this and other vistors should understand that Omo ita , agbero , area boy, omo adugbo etc is a part of Yoruba culture.. this is what make crime rate reduce in south west.. Alaba is not the only market in Lagos and other people pay this money as well..in Yoruba land.. we believe it a work not to Work and be paid.. as long as you don’t steal.. you can still create job for yourself( by greeting/hailing people, by showing people direction, by making sure a community is safe)

Visitors should understand this part of Yoruba culture , it has been for century and it will remain the same for a long time.. even as Yoruba we are happy and willing to pay this people money as any opportunity to discourage them from going into robbery or stealing

You are very foolish in a very funny way sir. grin grin But maybe you are correct, Agberoism is an inherent and deep rooted part of the yoruba culture. No wonder it's Emi lo kan or nothing. More power to your culture sire!
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2022
Judgesledge:
Imagine what Yorubaland would've been like, if the likes of you had the courage to declare ODUDUWA Republic, years back, I am not Yoruba, but I am fairly certain it would be comparable to Singapore now, but myopically you chose the path of servitude with the cowardly justification that you don't want silly wars that will kill your people. My dear I am shocked you are yet to realise that you and I are already in a WAR that is decimating brilliant minds irrespective of their tribes.
It's obvious you don't read. grin
You should be the one imagining how these senseless in-fightings should never have been if your father Azikiwe hadn't pushed for a united Nigeria. Cheers grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Go and check history very well or let me rather educate you on resisting agbero.

They were resisted in computer village.
They were resisted in trade fair.
They will also be resisted in Alaba.

You think Lagos State government cares about your emotions when they know where they get the highest tax income from.

Trust me, they will snub you and give those people what they want.

It has happened before and it will happen again.

Speaking of war.
There is no need to talk much until you cowards decides to draw first blood.

For those who said it was only Igbo people who had the death or wound... Well, bring your ego down and ask questions very well.

Na we wey dey ground know wetin happen.
They ran for there lives. They ran like chickens
You dey hype yourselves too much. For your mind now, you think you can do what you like in Lagos? When govt was demolishing ladipo, wetin you fit do? Agbero still dey computer village till tomorrow it there's another one I don't know? Why must you lie to fool around?

You can't try quarter of what you're trying in Lagos in other Yoruba states when you don't want to lose your lives and properties. The reason why you're being allowed to trade frewli in Lagos is cos of her former fct status and nothing more. The special status Lagos is asking for will take care of your excesses. One Nigeria dey give you the leverage you're enjoying in Lagos today.

That market remains close. Na people wey pass sanwoolu gave that order. Next year will put ibos in their rightful place in Lagos. Some of you will have to go back home.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by richeeyo(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
Justice indeed!

I thought you guys were happy that it was a Yoruba thug that was killed but it turns out it was an Igbo trader! Now you guys wants Justice?

Don't take them seriously
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2022
You made a nasty comment initially, see let's learn to jettison this ethnic colouration we front expecially in public, it's so sad that Nigerians no longer value the sacredness of the human life. Can you tell me who isn't been a victim of these tax collectors scattered all over Lagos.
Islandlady:

Excuse me, we yorubas are wiser and so we don't involve ourselves in silly wars that will end up killing our people! Unlike you guys!

So pls stop drumming the chants of war!
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by johntolu: 11:45am On Oct 22, 2022
Zoharariel:

Don’t EVER be mistaken. The ones you think are different are only hiding their normal nature of hate & bile from you. All of them are the same everywhere on Earth.

Their bitterness & hatred was a “revenge mandate” handed down to them by their parents for losing the Biafran War.

Whichever end of the snake you grab,
whether it’s the head or the tail - it is still a snake.

Whether real life, online or offline - all of them are the same everywhere you go.

DON’T EVER LOSE YOUR GUARD!

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

'Agba o ni tan lori ile, o'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Please, I beg your government to close the market.

The whole of Nigeria will suffer.

The truth hurts but it will be told regardless ...

Not just Yoruba but the whole of Nigeria will suffer.

Those who has any product gotten from Alaba will increase there price due to scarcity....
Once it finishes you're left with nothing.

Then who will go back to beg the Igbos to resume?
Nigerians. Then we will give you our conditions.
Shut up there. I remember when Fashola deported some ibos to anambra, your leaders came to beg in droves and you dey nairaland dey brag on emptiness. Your fathers with military might ran for their lives back to east during the war and you're here fooling around. You even have the temerity to say nobody can chase you from Lagos, even the govt. How dare you? Can you people withstand the heat if we bring it to you? Cos we will first close ọrẹ and every entrances into SW before choking you up.

WE ARE WICKED!

Dont start what you can't finish. Na Yoruba man gave Gowon the idea to kill 3m of you and we can do it again. We don't have to carry guns to decimate you. One policy and you're gone. Know your lane before you lose what you might not be able to recover in years to come. Na jẹjẹ Yoruba dey go but if you bring trouble, you get in double.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2022
The same way fulani herdsmen slaughtered your brothers, raped your mothers at Ile ife..I sorry for you..I have come to understand that the Yorubas envy the Igbos while they worship their fulani master. This same fulani sees the Igbos as a threat no thanks to their economic sagacity, funny thing is these regions are economically made prosperous by these Igbo traders...
Cryofigbos:

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Lexusgs430: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2022
Gbagura:
How many times have you asked anambra to ban those thugs at onitsha? I even think say you get sense until now. Werey umidigi peddler.

It takes one werey, to know another werey.........

It's an insane society, that puts thugs on the roads to extort people............
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Like I said, I'm sorry to feed on your ego.....

Your government cannot.... More emphasis on CANNOT send Igbos out of the southwest.

They will even defend us because they know the relevance of Igbos on there land.

Imagine a government knowing it's own people don't have relevance but making way for another set of people to do what there people cannot do...

Ask Tinubu, he will give you the full gist
So how did Fashola deported some ibos? This boy is a typical ibo clown. You just dey cap on nairaland when you go dey behave offline. Ontop alaba, na you and your leaders go beg tire. We knew how you were crying when oshodi and ladipo were being demolished. Na Yoruba go teach you manners for this naija. You don dey ask for it for so long and it will come one day. Even UN won't be able to come to your rescue.

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 11:52am On Oct 22, 2022
Olodo na him you be...No wonder indians, Chinese and Lebanese don turn una people to slave, all in the name of industries..
Cryofigbos:

Ibos ppl r clown.........agbero IGR or State, place wey LASG dey find excuse to shut down b4

If lock up shops is what boost IGR na Anambra suppose dey make money pass.......when industries yapa
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 11:55am On Oct 22, 2022
Bros leave this fool jare, where Igbos dey talk, yuruba no suppose even put mouth for that conversation, but for the British with their oversabi Biafra nation suppose dey borrow Nigeria money now. Dirty, lazy stinking owo mi da lots
kcnwaigbo:

Oga both thugs and traders were killed.The Agberos were chased out of the market quit gloating
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It takes one werey, to know another werey.........

It's an insane society, that puts thugs on the roads to extort people............
STFU. You don't dictate for your hosts. Ever wonder why they checkmate your excesses in Ghana and SA, even in the north? Na Yoruba land you wan come try nonsense. Na policies we go use destroy you. That's how wise people fight people without manners.

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2022
kals4luv990:
weakling and snitches na im choke Yoruba.. two faced cowards..
Ojukwu was world's greatest coward. Tell me one Yoruba man wey run from fight since independence. Abiola came back despite warnings from all around the world. Fela never ran away, he faced the military. Your Kanu, Ojukwu and Simon Ekpa go cause trouble and run.

Ibos are the greatest cowards on earth

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by ericuzor(m): 11:59am On Oct 22, 2022
Gbagura:
Shut up there. I remember when Fashola deported some ibos to anambra, your leaders came to beg in droves and you dey nairaland dey brag on emptiness. Your fathers with military might ran for their lives back to east during the war and you're here fooling around. You even have the temerity to say nobody can chase you from Lagos, even the govt. How dare you? Can you people withstand the heat if we bring it to you? Cos we will first close ọrẹ and every entrances into SW before choking you up.

WE ARE WICKED!

Dont start what you can't finish. Na Yoruba man gave Gowon the idea to kill 3m of you and we can do it again. We don't have to carry guns to decimate you. One policy and you're gone. Know your lane before you lose what you might not be able to recover in years to come. Na jẹjẹ Yoruba dey go but if you bring trouble, you get in double.
you are just one poor sick psycho child behind one dirty greeny wall, filled with hate,sorrow, a lost child that has never been loved in his entire life only to come online to spread hate.. Try and seek help spiritual and physical before you become homicidal..
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2022
Omoluabi16:
I know some igbos have their excesses with this chest beating and Lagos is no man's land thing, but I find it shameful and deplorable that some of my people are standing with these thugs. When did it get so bad for us where riffraffs, omo-oniles are now seen to be carrying put the Yoruba mandate? Where we now glorify these thugs seeing them as street smart because they muscled their ways to become politicians paddies thereby eating out of our national loot? Great Awo sure had a different dream for us.

These thugs and touts do they give back to Yoruba land? Like someone out there pointed out, it is a multiplier effect. You can't build house in peace. Why is the cost of transport and feeding so high? Ask market women! Continue hailing them because you think they are bringing 'honour' to Yoruba land. Onitsha have agbero, so we should protect our agbero too..as per national treasure. If you think these Shylock politicians and their goons care about you as per tribe, you're a daftie.

Some people should be cautioned too.your emotion is your bane. You don't go to someone's land screaming it is no man's land. It is an abomination. Very few people will take that shit. You wouldn't try it in some places like kano. The elders should talk to the youths to drink ice water..

May the departed get justice.

I do think this no man's land thing is neither exclusive to IGBOs or anything like that it has always been an ancient saying due to the nature and strategic position of Lagos, also it is just usually a defensive mode for us when these your brethren go on their usual tribal and ethnic hate steams. It's just a way of keeping them in check, Igbos are not disrespectful to their hosts even though they would have you beleive otherwise through propaganda and stuff, tell me how many times have you been having a normal conversation with an IGBO person and the person just comes off bragging that Lagos is no man's land.

It's usually when we are fed and treated hate speeches that we respond in kind, in order to checkmate the aggressors, however like you said some of us may cross the line at times, nobody has monopoly of madness, some of us fit dey overdo, if only a fraction of the population is as reasonable as you, why our country no go flourish, unfortunately you'll not receive many likes from your fellow omoluabis, instead they may call you omo ale and all sorts of names in the hope to intimidate you, even though you clearly disbursed blame with mature abandon and objectivity.

You are the realest omoluabi and yes I am impressed and still hopeful for humanity!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Gbagura: 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
ericuzor:
you are just one poor sick psycho child behind one dirty greeny wall, filled with hate,sorrow, a lost child that has never been loved in his entire life only to come online to spread hate.. Try and seek help spiritual and physical before you become homicidal..
Who took your bread, yanmiri?

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2022
This your line is really funny. No nonsense Alaba rago barracks sending in brutal reinforcement. This is the reason these tax collectors stylishly fear the Hausa/fulani guys�
DesChyko:
They want a lasting solution. Even though Igbos dominate the market, we also have Yorubas dominating some forms of trade and Northerners dominating the Bureau d'Change and cart haulage areas.

And while the Northerners may not be subject to this level of extortion because their no-nonsense Alaba-Rago barracks is ready to send in brutal reinforcement to anyone who threatens their will to exist, the market suffers directly or indirectly from the activities of the miscreants and never-do-wells.

Let them hold till sanity return. The LASG need time to decide which is more favourable to them; grooming urchins or tax remittance. They can have a better way of collecting taxes without making the market a crazy scene and setting up an IDP ranch for the miscreants elsewhere where they can take care of them.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by osidion2020(m): 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
It's obvious you know absolutely nothing about this latest revolt. Possible beer parlour information at your disposal.
Realist12:
you're saying something totally wrong, don't let anyone gaslight you into thinking only Lagos uses Agberos or touts , I support the agberos, before now they have been used as levy and tax collectors throughout Nigeria why are you saying they should be banned only in Lagos, what's the reason for the revolt of the traders against the agberos today , if not for election and they think with Obi's presidency they won't be paying the land owners again where as they still pay such levies in their home state to same agberos. The question is why revolt against the system that has been in place for so long , the traders were actually the instigators of violence here . Even the Agberos have proven to be wiser than the traders.

Secondly is Nigeria ripe enough to stop agberos? Most modern taxation systems put in place by Lagos state government is been heavily criticized , Imagine criticism of toll gate which will automatically stop touting of tickets . This people are not stating their intentions.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Monimaker22: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Benwallt:
Honestly, the crop of igbos I met in real life are different from the ones here. The IGR from cadbury in one month is equal to 20yrs of Alaba

What's the IGR of your personal business to the Lagos you are defending?

Tribalism will kill all igbo haters.

U think its by industry, this goes to show immature knowledge in the IGR of a state.

What i know all these nonsense from your proclaimed agberos must stop, stop feeding on igbos hardwork oga, go create your own market and let see the IGR to Lagos since you have alternative to Alaba International market.

This is the reason more why lazy yorubas can't survive without the igbos but yet rant upandan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo Supports Atiku / #LekkiShooting: Our Hospital Was Overwhelmed On First Night – Babajide Lawson / Unknown Gunmen Killed Six Policemen In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.