Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) (28614 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / 49 Dead Shiite Members Buried After Clash With Security Operatives. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Elliotwaveforec: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2022
Many don't know Agberos collect money for the land owners; failure to pay is a declaration of war because they would feel you want to take their land away from them.

Baales and Obas have their own shares from the collections.

When i visited my state and went to buy goat at Kara Market, after buying the goat, getting to the exit of the market, I was asked to pay N300. I paid happily even as an indigene of the town.

Igbos, the money you pay is a form royalty to the owners of the land; refusal to pay is a declaration of war.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2022
teeytimi:
We all must admit the menace of agberos is defacing the effort of the LSAG in making Lagos a mega city. We Yorubas are too civilised to accommodate these nonsense in our mist

It didn’t start in a day and it definitely can’t be wiped out in a day.
If challenges like this are not in existence, then we would have been one of the developed countries.

But the good thing is that we have a working governor who’s on top of his game.
With time, we’ll get there.

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2022
Realist12:
you're saying something totally wrong, don't let anyone gaslight you into thinking only Lagos uses Agberos or touts , I support the agberos, before now they have been used as levy and tax collectors throughout Nigeria why are you saying they should be banned only in Lagos, what's the reason for the revolt of the traders against the agberos today , if not for election and they think with Obi's presidency they won't be paying the land owners again where as they still pay such levies in their home state to same agberos. The question is why revolt against the system that has been in place for so long , the traders were actually the instigators of violence here . Even the Agberos have proven to be wiser than the traders.

Secondly is Nigeria ripe enough to stop agberos? Most modern taxation systems put in place by Lagos state government is been heavily criticized , Imagine criticism of toll gate which will automatically stop touting of tickets . This people are not stating their intentions.

Nonentity! Simple and short.
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:
Many don't know Agberos collect money for the land owners; failure to pay is a declaration of war because they would feel you want to take their land away from them.

Baales and Obas have their own shares from the collections.

When i visited my state and went to buy goat at Kara Market, after buying the goat, getting to the exit of the market, I was asked to pay N300. I paid happily even as an indigene of the town.

Igbos, the money you pay is a form royalty to the owners of the land; refusal to pay is a declaration of war.

Don’t mind them. They want to use style to integrate into the land and claim they’ve been living in Lagos since lugard’s days.
They don’t want to know their boundary that there are people who actually own the land and lived there before they migrated from their cave.
That’s the problem with one Nigeria anyways, nobody seems to know their limit.
Biafra will soon come and everybody can rest.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kingyakos: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Your mother right?
Poor her.

Illegitimate child

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Juliusetoo: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2022
Am in support of the market to close for now, because the madness of Arena boys Is getting too much
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Beverlyjean(f): 10:07am On Oct 22, 2022
sukkot:
i hope you have stopped sleeping with old married men cheesy cheesy

awon ashawo

Ur mother is the ashawo ...u have nothing in that ur ofe mmanu brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2022
Islandlady:
sorry about my cold comment, I stand with the innocent traders not the silly agberos...but I am just angry a specific tribe turned these into an ethnic fight and are claiming victimization!

!!!

Why you apologising? What for? You fall my hand big time.

9 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2022
DMerciful:
Again, the traders locked the market themselves. The Yorubas traders in Alaba will equally be at home.

Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally, deal with it

Ani una no dey stay one place se, so now you know Yorubas are also in the market.
Ain’t you always boasting that you’ve taken over all Lagos markets?
Una ment no get cure aje.

7 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by teeytimi: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2022
johnfem321:
I believe yorubas understand this and other vistors should understand that Omo ita , agbero , area boy, omo adugbo etc is a part of Yoruba culture.. this is what make crime rate reduce in south west.. Alaba is not the only market in Lagos and other people pay this money as well..in Yoruba land.. we believe it a work not to Work and be paid.. as long as you don’t steal.. you can still create job for yourself( by greeting/hailing people, by showing people direction, by making sure a community is safe)

Visitors should understand this part of Yoruba culture , it has been for century and it will remain the same for a long time.. even as Yoruba we are happy and willing to pay this people money as any opportunity to discourage them from going into robbery or stealing
I don't know your own part of Yoruba who believes in thuggery, laziness, area boys, stealing and other vices but the part of Yoruba where I come from, we believe only in hard work to earn a living no other way around it.
Maybe you are not a real Yoruba person. Ise logun ise nile tiwa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2022
I know some igbos have their excesses with this chest beating and Lagos is no man's land thing, but I find it shameful and deplorable that some of my people are standing with these thugs. When did it get so bad for us where riffraffs, omo-oniles are now seen to be carrying put the Yoruba mandate? Where we now glorify these thugs seeing them as street smart because they muscled their ways to become politicians paddies thereby eating out of our national loot? Great Awo sure had a different dream for us.

These thugs and touts do they give back to Yoruba land? Like someone out there pointed out, it is a multiplier effect. You can't build house in peace. Why is the cost of transport and feeding so high? Ask market women! Continue hailing them because you think they are bringing 'honour' to Yoruba land. Onitsha have agbero, so we should protect our agbero too..as per national treasure. If you think these Shylock politicians and their goons care about you as per tribe, you're a daftie.

Some people should be cautioned too.your emotion is your bane. You don't go to someone's land screaming it is no man's land. It is an abomination. Very few people will take that shit. You wouldn't try it in some places like kano. The elders should talk to the youths to drink ice water..

May the departed get justice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by SugarGirl44(f): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2022
kingyakos:

Illegitimate child

No. That only happens in your region, the baby factory headquarters.
Most of you ibos were fathered by one man, your adopted mothers came to purchase you from those factories.
That’s why insanity runs in all your blood.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
Benwallt:
Honestly, the crop of igbos I met in real life are different from the ones here. The IGR from cadbury in one month is equal to 20yrs of Alaba

Don’t EVER be mistaken. The ones you think are different are only hiding their normal nature of hate & bile from you. All of them are the same everywhere on Earth.

Their bitterness & hatred was a “revenge mandate” handed down to them by their parents for losing the Biafran War.

Whichever end of the snake you grab, whether it’s the head or the tail - it is still a snake.

Whether real life, online or offline - all of them are the same everywhere you go.

DON’T EVER LOSE YOUR GUARD!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sukkot: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Ur mother is the ashawo ...u have nothing in that ur ofe mmanu brain
grin grin just stop sleeping with old married men. i saw your past posts. you do know you will collect karma right ? the LORD will destroy you for sleeping with other womens husbands

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
PureFace1:

Lol run You think Yoruba are scare of War?

Yoruba is a warring tribe if not for Education

The longest tribe Civil War was between Yoruba sub tribes-- Kiriji War even a sub tribe( the Owu people were wiped out).

Igbo are all over Yoruba land and if you can't behave yourself to have peace then so be it.

You can't resist Agbero in Onitsha and Aba but you suddenly have courage in Lagos? Why?

You mean the Agberos who evil tax, multi task and over task, people who are struggling to make a living simply because they are IGBOs They flagrantly close shops, intimidate, fight wound, injure and wreck all sorts of havoc on non Yorubas especially the IGBOS with gross impunity and you sit here glorifying these actions and try to equalize it with a fictional, non existent organized ABA /ONITSHA agbero, who even if they did exist will certainly not be tribalistic and evil in their dealings, simply because all this calculated hate and oppression is against IGBOs.

You know say una Omoluabi people are known for all the hate, TRIBALISM and WICKEDNESS in the world, great supporters of evil, so long as it negatively affects the IGBOs. Support all the evil all you want, rejoice all you want, intimidate all you want, my advice is simple Gbado kwanu anaya ka azu, because when kasala go bust we know who the last man standing will still be.

During the kano riots of 2003, I know how we staked our lives for these worthless spineless useless fellows called Omoluabi, cowards the lot of them! We carry this people matter for head where they wan murder a bunch of the bastards for their quarters, I regret all those actions.

You Yorubas are the real devils and enemies of truth and all sense of justice. It no go better for una! And yes I made a nasty generalization because you'll never see even the few 1 percent less tribalistic ones ever speak up against evil.

It go soon bust make una no run oo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by DMerciful(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
If you're 70% in a market, is that not majority?

You really have no point. Go to Alaba and grab an Igbo boy and attempt to move him out of Lagos and see if you'll not be deported to Ekiti where you're from, claiming Lagos�
SugarGirl44:

Ani una no dey stay one place se, so now you know Yorubas are also in the market.
Ain’t you always boasting that you’ve taken over all Lagos markets?
Una ment no get cure aje.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Beverlyjean(f): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
sukkot:
grin grin just stop sleeping with old married men. i saw your past posts. you do know you will collect karma right ? the LORD will destroy you for sleeping with other womens husbands

U are so foolish..u think I'm like ur mother.... I married as a virgin u fool

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Merelyn(f): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Your foolishness is epic grin grin grin u were celebrating the guy that was killed few days ago thinking is one of d agbero..........keep writing nonsense from pillar to post with ur anti yoruba comments grin grin grin ppl wey better pass ur ppl

Let them return to onitsha and Aba to their other shops coz once that place is opened agbero will come in full force and slaughter them like fowl grin

What then happens to the yorubas in the Eastern part when the igbos are slaughtered?

Stop thinking with ur scrotum, u should advocate for peace and stop this tribal war it won't help matters... Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Godszilla: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2022
First off you ar right n its the fact at the moment.
However, if agberos( thuggery n violence) is the only solution we have then Nigeria is a lot cause.
Humans learn from others,theirs n history even the Good book advice you go "learn from the ants". There r beta societies that av gone thru what we are going through(we can't b the first
people- nothing new under the sun) why don't we study them n apply "some" of their methods n principles.
But thuggery?I can't defend any where in Nigeria they r a menace to society
Realist12:
please prescribe an administrative solution to touting of tickets and see if it hasn't been proffered before and wildly criticized. Some truths have to be said no matter how civilized you're. You don't want to pay parking fee , don't want tolling of roads etc the old system suits you better .
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Cantonese: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Thunder fire your mother.
When have you protested against the agberos in onisha and aba?
Your strength only lies in Lagos, bunch of mofos.

It’s very simple, if you can’t make the payment go back to your cave.
Why are you obsessed with Yorubaland?

Truly you are a very irresponsible layabout.

I know that you still reside with your parents and are surely not able to fend for yourself.

What do you know about Yorubaland?

Surely you are born of parents who are touts, hooligans and vagabonds, making you one. How would you dare insult people's parents?

Your parents definitely relocated from one hamlet to Lagos, where you were born and now call yourself a Lagosian. You are a pernicious little rat, with no iota of training, hiding under the cover of social media to insult people and tribes.

You talk about caves as if you know anything about them. Well I need to inform you this dirty, rag wearing monkey, that you are already living a mniserable life in a cave, filled with bats and sucking your touting blood dry.

Muntula.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by do4luv14(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Ibos ppl r clown.........agbero IGR or State, place wey LASG dey find excuse to shut down b4

If lock up shops is what boost IGR na Anambra suppose dey make money pass.......when industries yapa

Those people does not live on a branch Alone, They even have other branches outside Ojo, even in Apapa , So it can't affect them,

And if LASG is Trying to Close it, Then They LASG, Are the Clowns, A Very Big Clowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Shemadex(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2022
Tenses:

Some people's IGR don reduced drastically.

Good one traders let this Dracula government choose between hard working Nigerians and useless, lazy and lawless "owo mi da" tinubu's Agbero.
Mumu what

We ar the one that shut it down so if it affecting us we ll not do that
We want u ppl to feel it

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by jideofor11(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2022
Omoluabi16:
I know some igbos have their excesses with this chest beating and Lagos is no man's land thing, but I find it shameful and deplorable that some of my people are standing with these thugs. When did it get so bad for us where riffraffs omo-oniles are now seen to be carrying put the Yoruba mandate? Where we now glorify these thugs seeing them as street smart because they muscled their ways to become politicians paddies thereby eating out of our national loot? Great Awo sure had a different dream for us.

These thugs and their do they give back to Yoruba land? Like someone out there pointed out, it is a multiplier effect. You can't build house in peace. Why is the cost of transport and feeding so high? Ask market women! Continue hailing them because you think they are bringing 'honour' to Yoruba land. Onitsha have agbero, so we should protect our agbero too..as per national treasure. If you think these Shylock politicians and their goons care about you as per tribe, you're a daftie.

Some people should be cautioned too.your emotion is your bane. You don't go to someone's land screaming it is no man's land. It is an abomination. Very few people will take that shit. You wouldn't try it in some places like kano. The elders should talk to the youths to drink ice water..

May the departed get justice.

This has to be the most knowledgeable comment I have seen so far on nairaland.

Thanks for your input and may God guide you abundantly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by sukkot: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2022
Beverlyjean:

U are so foolish..u think I'm like ur mother.... I married as a virgin u fool
stop this your ashawo lifestyle you this woman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by kingyakos: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

No. That only happens in your region, the baby factory headquarters.
Most of you ibos were fathered by one man, your adopted mothers came to purchase you from those factories.
That’s why insanity runs in all your blood.

Your vacuum brain has been filled up with ibo ibo ibo. To ur empty skull anybody ain't sharing same thought with you is ibo.

Bastard pikin

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by broadman20: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

See this mad man.
Even without war, all your people are running away to our land on a daily basis and you dare open your gutter mouth to talk?
Hope you know Benin is also part of Yorubaland sha?
So the joke’s on you.
Igbos always poking nose in other people’s business but leave theirs to rotten.

Hahaha!

At least nobody chased us to Lagos, Abuja or Kaduna,

What the Europeans came to do in Africa is what we Igbos are doing in all parts of the world.

You can't stay in your brown roof Ekiti or Oshogbo village and conquer the world, you move and you are moving you gain and expand your world.

So my dear Just watch us as we take over your markets, towns and villages it's just a matter of time.

Save this discussion today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by leisuretym: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2022
DMerciful:
So in your judgement, they started the fight?
Do you have credible information regarding this assertion?

Didn’t you see the video of them shouting Eyimba Eyi! nsogbu nsogbu eyimba eyi!
Moving forward with weapons , while advancing tactically

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by johnfem321: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2022
Keep deceiving yourself.. we both know Yoruba don’t like hardwork..
teeytimi:
I don't know your own part of Yoruba who believes in thuggery, laziness, area boys, stealing and other vices but the part of Yoruba where I come from, we believe only in hard work to earn a living no other way around it.
Maybe you are not a real Yoruba person. Ise logun ise nile tiwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2022
PureFace1:

Shut Up

It is because the Agbero are Yoruba you guys want to have Courage

It is not today people have been complaining about Agbero in Onitsha, the Agbero in Onitsha when did igbo traders in Onitsha have the courage to resist them? But when it come to Yoruba land you guys will suddenly have muscle, you think Yoruba are easy to deal with.

The Era of Accommodation is over if you guys don't behave yourselves , South west will get hot for you guys.

First off you are incredibly comical with the bolded. grin. grin You'll run away from SW before an IGBO man does trust me on that.

Secondly there are Non state actors everywhere who carry out an organized, reasonable, system of taxation, which is not inherently conceived on the notions of IGBOPHOBIA or used as an instrument to oppress any select people.

There is one thing Yorubas have monopoly of and that is TRIBALISM and ENVY, but you see violence ba.. There will be no Hausas/FULANIS running to your rescue, your balls are so weak and pale. Don't be rushing into what you know not of boy, You are soft as your Amala!

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by bigcasava1(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2022
Tinubu tell ur boys to leave us alone. You can't use extortion to run ur campaign! Is this what u are planning to do to Nigeria when u become president
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2022
undisputedKOC:
They should burn down the place and turn it to a graveyard, after all it is fake products that are harmful to society Igbos are selling there. Igbos always constitute nuisance and calamity everywhere they go all over the world. What a hopeless tribe undecided

Iq below 2, a disgrace and a shame you are, TRIBALISM makes you look super stupid!
Re: Alaba International Market Closed After Clash Between Traders & Thugs (Video) by Truthdeypain: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2022
sammirano:
Since ibos want to be unfortunate we will tell them a we get here. Some fools cannot tell us how to run our State. If you don't want it leave already awon nuisance

Your father and your mother are both unfortunate.

No be only run, you wan "inherit people's hard earned investments" wey you no work for ba, well here's some news flash for you boy. Iya la iya ee go fest run from lagos, and then Iya la iya baba ee will follow suit, because they are all unfortunate, useless and lazy bones.

Oni iranu!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos And Video From The Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Maiduguri / Lagos Govt Dissolves Park And Garages Committee, Returns NURTW / APC Presidential Campaign Rally Bauchi [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.