Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,225 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later (81135 Views)

Lady Confronts Family Friend For Sleeping With Her Father / Missing Wura Is Dead, Family Found Her Body In Canal / 6-Month Premature Vs 4-Years Later: Lady Shares Photos Of Her Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by TheFalcon01: 2:07am On Oct 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:
One time I was in ikotun to attend prophet TB Joshua service.

The hotel where I lodged, we were watching African magic and the movie was about dead related script were someone saw a dead relation somewhere working as an engineer.

Somehow, argument started that you can see a dead person you know alive in another city.

One lady among us even told us that, if you doubt it, you should go to the centre of ikotun market around 12:midnights and bend down you'll see a dead person you know from your village grin.

Laugh wan kill me for here!
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by HRprof: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2022
drlateef:

Hebrew 9:27

“Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,”

The same Bible said and I quote
“ In the last day when the trumpet sound the dead shall raise again to face judgment day “ aren’t that complicating with Hebrew content
Bible is written by different authors based on their belief and feelings that’s why we see lot of contradictions in it, we use Bible as a guide but wisdom is profitable to direct wink
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Badguy77(m): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2022
VKN23:

you saw his lookalike
And his look alike disappear?

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Frenchkiss564: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Who told you this doesn't happen In saner climes. Have you gone to any and they said it doesn't happen?

You can't just sit down in your house and be assuming whatever you want to assume.

This is also common in the Americas.

Even T-Pain the musician also shared his story not too long ago. Police officers share also what they encounter. Many people do.

Do your research.

I hate it when these people think spiritual things don't happen in the so called "saber climes", it is annoying and reeks of ignorance of the highest order.

Even on Quora there are spaces dedicated to supernatural things where people from these saner climes share experiences.

Nice reply jareh.

4 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Oloniyan(m): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
Dshocker:

Stop lying bro

Shut up and open to learning.

The Spiritual control the physical, I believe you don't doubt that

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by CaseSensitive(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
I'm not religious but I strongly believe other world exists that are beyond human's sense or comprehension
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Dshocker(m): 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Oloniyan:

Shut up and open to learning.

The Spiritual control the physical, I believe you don't doubt that

Tell your fada to shut up...
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Truthshscrazy: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mazzkenny:
It is called "Akudaya" by Yoruba.
According to the Yoruba

It is a Jinn ( demon ) that put on the person's face, it wasn't the real person that has died. So whenever they see a familiar face, they will disappear.
According to the Islam.
For those who want to use the Halloween to check out some Akuduya stories that made headlines.

Saturday sun interviewed and documented this Orange seller Angela who married a ghost Joseph Tyopenda.
It was in the news 2017. Angela’s uncle Adzor Anodohumba of Benue also spoke to journalists .

https://igbozuru.com/people-society/mysterious-story-of-woman-who-was-married-to-dead-man-for-five-years/

https://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2017/10/woman-collapses-after-finding-out-her.html

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/mysterious-woman-married-to-dead-man-for-5-years/

Watch short narration on YouTube by Truecrime d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6D6IiTygRs

Taiyelolu Abdulrahman who grew up in Ajah Lagos ,also claimed she was fathered by a ghost & was married to a ghost. Some Journalists Also traced her to tell her story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAj8F685_xk

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by VenumX: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Fab21:

You mean where Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus and the other two disciples?

I think that's another mystery..

Similar thing also happen in the book of 1Samuel 28 where king Saul disguised as a female and told a woman to evoke the spirit of Samuel during philistines attack.

There are lots to all these mysteries ..

I wonder if those deemed righteous by God are resurrected right after death.

The Bible didn't say if it was a demon that was impersonating Samuel.

Very strange Bible verses.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
HRprof:
The same Bible said and I quote
“ In the last day when the trumpet sound the dead shall raise again to face judgment day “ aren’t that complicating with Hebrew content
Bible is written by different authors based on their belief and feelings that’s why we see lot of contradictions in it, we use Bible as a guide but wisdom is profitable to direct wink
That particular verse in Hebrew is not of contradiction as instead, the commenter quoted the verse out of context. The letter to the Hebrews is directed at believers who are of Hebrew/Jewish decent, those bound to the Old Law of Moses. And as stated, when those of Jewish blood die, they are judged, by the standard that is the old Law of Moses. If found unrighteous, Death is the end whereas for it is Life for the righteous - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The beauty of the redemption from the law of Moses they are granted as believers in Jesus Christ is they are made dead to the Old Law --- judged righteous as a result of their belief in Jesus Christ to it --- and made alive anew in Jesus Christ, to then await the judgment at the end which is to come. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
Fab21:
You mean where Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus and the other two disciples? I think that's another mystery.. Similar thing also happen in the book of 1Samuel 28 where king Saul disguised as a female and told a woman to evoke the spirit of Samuel during philistines attack. There are lots to all these mysteries ..
Yes, the transfiguration and the raising of Samuel are similar in ways, and if you note, the men who were raised in those cases, were all righteous men of the Old Law of Moses - they had eternal life hence spirits. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Fab21: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes, the transfiguration and the raising of Samuel are similar in ways, and if you note, the men who were raised in those cases, were all righteous men of the Old Law of Moses - they had eternal life hence spirits. undecided

Hmm!

Deep....
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Fab21: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
VenumX:

I wonder if those deemed righteous by God are resurrected right after death.

The Bible didn't say if it was a demon that was impersonating Samuel.

Very strange Bible verses.

Another perspective..
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ramon92:
My experience was something similar, mind you I never used to believe these stuffs..

I lost my uncle and the night he died, I had a dream where I saw him helpless on a bed, the one in my grandma's room cos she had two. He was beckoning to me to like help him off his current state... Mind you, I was in school and didn't even know he was sick till I heard the news from my dad first thing that morning that he died that same night.

Forward a few months, I'll hear reports of the tenants seeing this my uncle walking around the house at midnight, as in physical seeing sometimes with footsteps. I wasn't scared initially cos, well he's dead.

Now this Christmas we went to our home town and I usually sleep on the second bed in my grandma's room. My gma was on the other bed.
I woke up around 2 am and couldn't sleep, so I was surfing the net and was on nairaland and stuffs.
Not up to a min I dropped my phone, I felt someone physically walk into the room, as in I could see a figure live but couldn't move my body. I was dead cold. I could feel him sit on the bed, you know that feel when someone sits on the bed you on. I saw him physically and I could recognise him..

I was like that for some minutes till he stood up and left the room. I heard footsteps but not the door opening or closing. That was one of the scariest moments I've experienced.

Told my dad a few days after and was made to understand some things about life..

All these people forming woke these things ain't real are just ignorant..
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by JaySterling: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
Can this be real ?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Oloniyan(m): 12:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Dshocker:

Tell your fada to shut up...

I believed You don't have one
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 12:57am On Nov 01, 2022
realestate99:

You are right, there is a book that treated this subject perfectly, " The journey of the souls". Time in the spirit world is different from the physical world here, that is why some spirits might be haunting a place for centuries but in the spirit world it is just like a minute to them. There are many factors that make a spirit Earth bound, It is perfectly depicted in the book above.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 1:08am On Nov 01, 2022
realestate99:

Yeah, and stop responding to those "woke" wannabes, a big problem itself is to think science has every answer to all earthly phenomenon and Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 1:40am On Nov 01, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
When I was young under 10 precisely, I saw my grandpa who died like 40+years before I was born. Late At night I and my brother were still playing in the traditional hall catching insects and beetles flying in there because of the bright light. To our surprise an old man dressed in royal robe and a crown came out of the middle one among the 3 past kings statues there, b4 then we were taught the middle one is grandpa, mehn my elder brother who was more sensible had already ran away, I was like a living dead just watching him move from there to go sit on an olden days king chair there, I was dead standing and couldn't move because of the shock, I was just standing dumbfounded staring at him, I remember he started stamping his feet on the ground to scare me away. That was what I remembered last of that experience because I passed out before I later opened my eyes in the house of one very old powerful priestess where my mom and elder ones took me to and I remember them mocking me that I should have asked grandpa to give me money. I will never forget that childhood experience, that experience changed my life about my believe in some certain things. These things are very real because I saw more of things like this in where I grew up but my Grandpa encounter was the height of it.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 2:25am On Nov 01, 2022
madjune:

I don't pray for you to have any encounter before you dislodge your unbelief.

Years ago, I was once like you...that was until 1994.
I've narrated my experience here on Nairaland but I doubt if many can recall it.

You see, we humans aren't the only life forms( at least, physically) in this plane of existence...or expanding into the universe.

There's a lot uncovered by the human mind and only the unfortunate few are chanced a revelation and, to what purposes I can't fully explain.

This happened at the College of education, Akampka in 1994 where I was an IJMB student then, preparing for my jamb exams for a hopeful admission into Unical.
Now, ranging like 3 miles from the back of our male hostel was this river. It was a gently rolling river which meandered through narrow enclaves with fresh ferns and rock outcrops for one to bath or wash few clothes. We students went there for our baths, especially when the hostel taps seized running.
On looking back, I can recall that, the students who were natives of that region shunned going to this river.
Now, on this morning. Very early in the morning, the tap was out and we have this morning class coming up. My friend Jude and I hurried off to the river to have our bath. And as I can recall. As we walked down it's steep slope, down by the banks as we could see; a spectral form in the shape of an old woman with a lone stick tied to her head which she held with her hand stood out.
She kept coming uphill as we descended. We made nothing of it.
As we came closer to her, we noticed that from her trodden path, there came no sound.
She seemed to float above the ground. We didn't quite take stock of this abnormality till we passed her.
What we found strange was, as we passed her and proferred a greeting, she ignored us and moved on.

Now, within a step or two as we've passed and remarked to ourselves upon the woman's cold attitude; we turned to look around and fully call her into view. Could you believe it that the woman whom just took two steps was now more than two miles up the hill. And then, she stopped upon our gaze.

Her spectral form had an uncanny cast to it.
It seemed like all that morning fog and darkness tended to form a halo above her head and as she made to.look in our direction, we ran off into the bushes...we kept running and running until we got to the doors of our hostel...and made it to our individual rooms where we kept screaming and mumbling incoherently.
The whole students in the hostels gathered to hear our story and some of the natives had this knowing looks like they knew what we saw.

They wouldn't say much.

On that night we became sick and you know what, though we didn't share the same room or bed, more stranger was, we slept and dreamt...and had the same dream.

As we.woke the next day and recounted our dreams...it was like...

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2022
Toktee:
My father died in 1994 in Benue state, 2001 i moved to Nigeria state and while in the market I saw my father ahead of me i immediately tap my friend that knows my father well and was like this is a ghostbut as a son i followed him to some distance when I was about to touch him my friend said no that I should call his attention, I said baba ma so he turn look at me and disappeared... Omo my friend faint in the market.
I was confused and still confused 20yrs now.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2022
Digixtreme:
This thing is soo real. I know about a person that died and after like 4 years, someone that knew him saw him in another town building a house, the person did not talk to him, he just went and told his wife, when the wife heard in disbelief, she decided to follow the man to see and lo and behold as the man saw his wife, he disappeared. Till today that house is still standing, but no one lives there. Its like a haunted house.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 7:14am On Nov 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I believe you guy. MufasaLion can't be blamed for his unbelief because such a story is always hard to believe but it happens. You saw the ghost because you had never had sex with any girl before. At that age, you just left secondary school with your mind still unpolluted. Only those who have not stained their body with women or men wouid always see such a thing like that or those who have washed their face with juju . This life is a mystery. Only God can decipher it's forms.

Sometime in 1993, a friend of mine who just finished from secondary school had a similar experience. He's from ekiti and you know ekiti people for their occupation-farming. He was on his way to their farm to fetch some yam for the weekend. As soon as he left the town behind, he saw this man coming all alone from the farm, towards the outskirts of the town. It was a sunny, desolate and serene afternoon, around 1pm on a Friday as he described it. This man was human from his waist to his head but animal from his waist down. My friend said he was hearing his footsteps so audibly even though he was like 200m away from him. The closer he got, the louder the footsteps. By the time he now got closer, he greeted him, Good afternoon sir, but he said nothing. He repeated, Good afternoon sir, still no response. He said his head swelled and he was feeling uncomfortable. He now looked at him closely. This man didn't say a word till he disappeared from his face as he looked on.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by JeffreyJunior: 7:34am On Nov 05, 2022
pashiano:
A childhood friend of mine came back from school to attend a relative funeral, long story short, he drowned in the River Niger while they went to carry some logistics for the burial, it was a Tuesday, but the body was seen on Saturday and recovered. well the issue now is that the coursemates said that he has been attending class since Wednesday that week. So this shits are real.
Hian.

How could that have happened?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by JeffreyJunior: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Lolsssssss, my brother, things dey happen ohhhhh. Na pikin wey dem back no no say journey of a man no bi by having 2 scrotum.
En get one bros wey die for our side. Young bros, bros dey do well, dey help families, dey help community.
After some years, we lost bros, so we waka enter one hood go find out waiting kill bros. As we enter, d man in charge of d hood mak some incantation with his mirrow, d man dun already tell everybody inside d hood not to panik if bros spirit show, that bros spirit go hint us waiting kpai bros.
After like 25 or 30minutes, incantation, we cum dey see something like smoke, d next think something in human form just dey appear with en back. D hood man signal us not to panik and talk. Bros cum face us, tell us say nobody kill am, say na secret society wey en join na waiting en sign bi that. Bros forget, men dey see things. Or d one wey op experience, me dun experience am when I seminary school
How are you sure it was the same bros you knew who appeared to you?

Was there a particular thing he said or did that made you believe it was really him?

I'm just curious.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2022
madjune:

I had my education in the 90s Nigeria.

Today, our youths learn from the internet.

Education gleaned off the pages of books is far different from online write ups etc.

Let's OBIdiently pray and hope our standards are restored.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by emmanuelbrown26: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
How are you sure it was the same bros you knew who appeared to you?

Was there a particular thing he said or did that made you believe it was really him?

I'm just curious.
My brother, when late bros dey cum wit en back, I no say na him:
1. Same height
2. Voice but a bit faint
3. Face, changed a bit
Then, when late bros made money,en dey always say some parables that translate to "u no no when u go kpai, so do ur ting and leave d rest"
Baba talk plenty ohhhhh,but no bi everything man see man dey talk, coupled wit say na online we dey
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by AmuRubber(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2022
shantti:

U hardly ask questions, u counter people's opinions instead.

U always have a quest for the need to be right. Because of that u counter everything, in your so called woke delusions. I don't know if it is pride or what, but you hardly learn from others.

I don't know if ghosts are real or not, but I wouldn't counter a ghost story simply because I don't believe in it or haven't experienced it. I would rather open my mind to learning.

You must not counter everything, it is possible that u could be wrong, everything is not about sounding woke woke
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by JeffreyJunior: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

My brother, when late bros dey cum wit en back, I no say na him:
1. Same height
2. Voice but a bit faint
3. Face, changed a bit
Then, when late bros made money,en dey always say some parables that translate to "u no no when u go kpai, so do ur ting and leave d rest"
Baba talk plenty ohhhhh,but no bi everything man see man dey talk, coupled wit say na online we dey
Normally I wouldn't have believed this but you sounded believable so I will because I know now there's more to this life.

I remember some elderly village men weeping bitterly at my dad's funeral and threatening that they would go to Calabar or so to find out if there was any foul play by enemies of good thing in the community but we never believed such existed so we saw it that they had too much to drink. grin
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by BritishAirways: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
Urheadmaster:
One time I was in ikotun to attend prophet TB Joshua service.

The hotel where I lodged, we were watching African magic and the movie was about dead related script were someone saw a dead relation somewhere working as an engineer.

Somehow, argument started that you can see a dead person you know alive in another city.

One lady among us even told us that, if you are doubting it, you should go to the centre of ikotun market around 12:midnights and bend down you'll see a dead person you know from your village grin.
women too dey believe and spread mumu stories
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by BritishAirways: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Take it or leave it, reincarnation is real....!!!
Demons are real too
Take that to the bank.

Which of the banks
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Stevo35:

That's Not reincarnation' that's ghost.
It happens for real to people who didn't die well' My landlord was into mysticism.In 2003 my landlord was seriously ill and was moved to his village in AKWA IBOM STATE for treatment he later died and we were not informed about his death.The ghost came to CALABAR and asked for payment of his house rent' when his relatives later came to inform us about his death everyone was shocked. We all said but he was here yesterday' the relatives said no! how can that happen' that he died 4 days ago. Nna come see temple run to park out was everybody's plan.
Nna! Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / Upside Down Marriage / When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.