Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later (81125 Views)

Lady Confronts Family Friend For Sleeping With Her Father / Missing Wura Is Dead, Family Found Her Body In Canal / 6-Month Premature Vs 4-Years Later: Lady Shares Photos Of Her Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mazzkenny:
It is called "Akudaya" by Yoruba.
It is a Jinn ( demon ) that put on the person's face, it wasn't the real person that has died. So whenever they see a familiar face, they will disappear.
First what purpose would this jinn do this? undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mazzkenny:
According to the Yoruba

It is a Jinn ( demon ) that put on the person's face, it wasn't the real person that has died. So whenever they see a familiar face, they will disappear.
According to the Islam.
For what purpose would a Jinn do such? And why does this happen only in yoruba society? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
He created jinn and humans so that we can worship Him.
You still haven't explained how a Jinn camouflaged as a human relates to Satan or cause a human to do Satan's bidding. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
bonario1:
My mom once told me she knew someone who was dead from her home town and the person came to bought something from her and immediately she recongnised the person the person got angry and was restless demands for his change and immediately he left she felt cold.

My friend once told me he had an uncle who was late but kept sending food stuffs and money to his mother until his mother summoned their family members to go and look for him since then he has stopped sending anything to his mother.

My mother inlaw said she knew someone from their home town who she met in another location and she gave her somethings to help her delivered to her family not knowing she was dead until she got back to the village to deliver the item.
All these seem like stories of folks who may have faked their deaths. The Op also sounded like that to me too. I know we don't really consider it possible because we typically think everyone else is on the same wavelength as far as we are in life but I believe there are people out there who may have faked their deaths for one reason or another. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by youngZee23: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mustiboy:

Fear fear

Something that I've tried many times out of curiosity.

Doesn't work.

Don't let these gullible folks mess with your brain.
U get mind ooh..as it worked for u..it might not work for me ooh
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Professorcplus(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
Onetenth:
So tell me d fucking reason I should tell a lie about something that never happened? If u are really worried and u wanna hear d truth. Some families have been selected to go to were he was buried for some prayers and confirmation of God knows what. So u can pm me I will give u d details. Oponu

Don't stress yourself sir.... There are two things involved:

The guy u buried was never the real guy....

Or the guy u saw at the termak was never the guy u new.

No quoting pls

Check well
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Mazzkenny: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
For what purpose would a Jinn do such? And why does this happen only in yoruba society? undecided
I don't know and it happens everywhere
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mazzkenny:
I don't know and it happens everywhere
Everywhere where? undecided

I have never personally read of a case or a man dying, say in Florida, only for his social security number to be used by someone looking exactly like him out in Arizona or even anywhere else America. Never seen a case of a dead man's image being caught on camera elsewhere either. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by madjune(m): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
Goalnaldo:
Yes please as far they are realities smiley

Watch out on Sunday.

Grab a bottle of chilled beer, turn off the lights and huddle close to your loved one.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by thinkmoney(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
Onetenth:
So tell me d fucking reason I should tell a lie about something that never happened? If u are really worried and u wanna hear d truth. Some families have been selected to go to were he was buried for some prayers and confirmation of God knows what. So u can pm me I will give u d details. Oponu
I believe u are also lying. If it happened in orile in this year 2022 and the guy actually disappeared, it would have gone viral.
Send me numbers too, I want to confirm this issue once and for all
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by drlateef: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You still haven't explained how a Jinn camouflaged as a human relates to Satan or cause a human to do Satan's bidding. undecided

I have explained it. They trick humans to believe there is re-incarnation which is an agenda of satan. I said it before. Read my comments.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
I have explained it. They trick humans to believe there is re-incarnation which is an agenda of satan. I said it before. Read my comments.
Why is reincarnation an agenda of Satan? undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Tayorshd2(m): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mazzkenny:
According to the Yoruba

According to the Islam.

Acknowledged I agree with you

But yet is part of what we were thought according to Islam and that does6mean our traditional believe too about them is not right ....

To me it's real because do u know how many years they have been saying Jesus is coming

That means it's life without end because we will keep reincarnating from one generation to another bro
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Mazzkenny: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Everywhere where? undecided

I have never personally read of a case or a man dying, say in Florida, only for his social security number to be used by someone looking exactly like him out in Arizona or even anywhere else America. Never seen a case of a dead man's image being caught on camera elsewhere either. undecided
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/4146649/gateman-10-years-died-cotonou/2&ved=2ahUKEwjH39eZ4IX7AhVJQPEDHdMtD78QFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw18ORUxEUOPyE13exVlwNXy
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by wowcatty: 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
I think this story is true, I had 3 experiences of my own.

1. 1 was around 11 and were being taken to go and braid our hair. All of us screamed when we saw the man who had just died walking on the main street in ijebu Ode. I just thought maybe he didn't die.

2. My grandma was sitting thoughout the first night live on a chair next to our bed. I wasn't scared but was too weak to tell my then boyfriend, I was just awed. I thought my eyes were playing with me but each time I rubbed my eyes to check, she was still sitting there.

3. This is the one that made me believe that maybe there's something to this. My baby was 3 years old when my mother in-law passed, we went to their town and as we took shower, a young child that didn't understand anything about what happened pointed to the bathroom wall and said "mom see the youman." I screamed so loud the whole house came to the bathroom. Some probably thought she was haunting me because they said I killed her, which I didn't. There was a misunderstanding in the family but none was directed at her but her daughter who didn't want me. I only said innocently that God will stop whoever tries to destroy my marriage. I even traveled all the way when she was in the hospital but her daughter told the hospital not to let me in. I didn't know how serious the broken bone was, it was a fall, she was going to meet the other son who was visiting home from the States late in the night when she came out of the car and fell into a gutter. So I was outside the hospital praying and saying I've forgiven your family please forgive me.

4 Likes

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mazzkenny:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/4146649/gateman-10-years-died-cotonou/2&ved=2ahUKEwjH39eZ4IX7AhVJQPEDHdMtD78QFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw18ORUxEUOPyE13exVlwNXy
I am sorry, that story makes no sense considering there are a lot of details missing. The man probably faked his death. I mean think about it. Serving as a gateman for10 years, he obviously had a life somewhere that she, the homeowner was not aware of, and he, the gateman, probably didn't update her on. undecided

Anyways, that's another one of dem Africa only stories... how come we don't read these stories in saner climes where cameras and ID systems are the norms? And curiously, why e come be say na only poor people these things dey mostly happen to? I mean what about an "Akudaya" supposedly getting on a plane to some other city or country or getting caught while living the high life? undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by drlateef: 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why is reincarnation an agenda of Satan? undecided

Because God does not re-incarnate any soul. Every soul dies once, after which there’s judgement. But satan will always want to twist the decree of God in our minds.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
Because God does not re-incarnate any soul. Every soul dies once, after which there’s judgement. But satan will always want to twist the decree of God in our minds.
According to what ideology is this? undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by BluntCrazeMan: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2022
Onetenth:
I have never believed in reincarnation but my eyes did saw one yesterday

Here's the story:

Year 2020, I think around may according to his parents because I can't recollect, this neighbor of ours and close friend to my sibling was into cultism.
There's was a cult clash at ikorodu that year and he lost his life, I wasn't told I was there life when police released his corpse to his parents and I was even part of those who digged the grave he was buried. Two years ago oo..

Now, this is year 2022, I saw this boy at orile, he wanted to board the bus I was in with my girlfriend. Immediately we both saw each other I wanted to scream but I couldn't I don't know how. But everyone in the bus saw my reaction, this boy disappeared on that spot.

This isn't a made up story, if there's any nairalander at orile bustop around that time will testify to this.

Omo! I still can't believe what I saw, I cried till I got home, my girlfriend was shocked and speechless as well. How did he do that? How did he disappear in midst of people? Why is he not dead? There's obviously something spiritual about this that I'm not told.

His mom has been hospitalized since we got home and I explained everything that happened. He was her only child. This is so disheartening and scary as well

You were so much interested in rushing to tell that he disappeared.

Now, when he disappeared in front of everybody inside that bus,, what else happened naa?
What did the people do?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by drlateef: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to what ideology is this? undecided

It’s there in bible and Quran.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
It’s there in bible and Quran.
Speak of the one you are sure of. The Bible does not speak... it is a library of books written by different authors. What you claim was supposedly written by Paul in one of his letters and the meaning of that claim is as found in the context of his letter which you conveniently ignore when you lift his word out-of-context so. undecided

In scripture, we read of several who died and were raised... they didn't die once, did they? undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Mazzkenny: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry, that story makes no sense considering there are a lot of details missing. The man probably faked his death. I mean think about it. Serving as a gateman for10 years, he obviously had a life somewhere that she, the homeowner was not aware of, and he, the gateman, probably didn't update her on. undecided

Anyways, that's another one of dem Africa only stories... how come we don't read these stories in saner climes where cameras and ID systems are the norms? And curiously, why e come be say na only poor people these things dey mostly happen to? I mean what about an "Akudaya" supposedly getting on a plane to some other city or country or getting caught while living the high life? undecided
ok
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by drlateef: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Speak of the one you are sure of. The Bible does not speak... it is a library of books written by different authors. What you claim was supposedly written by Paul in one of his letters and the meaning of that claim is as found in the context of his letter which you conveniently ignore when you lift his word out-of-context so. undecided

In scripture, we read of several who died and were raised... they didn't die once, did they? undecided

But your bible says it is written for man to die once, and after that, judgement.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
But your bible says it is written for man to die once, and after that, judgement.
The Bible does not say that... the bible does not say or talk at all. It is instead a library. So much the same way you cannot say your library said something, it is wrong to say the bible said something. undecided

Instead, what you claim was supposedly written by Paul in one of his letters and the meaning of that claim is as found in the context of his letter which you conveniently ignore when you lift his word out-of-context so. undecided

In scripture, we read of several who died and were raised from the dead. e.g. Lazarus, Tabitha, etc... they didn't die once, did they? So, it is essential to understand the meaning behind what Paul stated before seeking to continue. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by drlateef: 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Bible does not say that... the bible does not say or talk at all. It is instead a library. So much the same way you cannot say your library said something, it is wrong to say the bible said something. undecided

Instead, what you claim was supposedly written by Paul in one of his letters and the meaning of that claim is as found in the context of his letter which you conveniently ignore when you lift his word out-of-context so. undecided

In scripture, we read of several who died and were raised from the dead. e.g. Lazarus, Tabitha, etc... they didn't die once, did they? So, it is essential to understand the meaning behind what Paul stated before seeking to continue. undecided

Hebrew 9:27

“Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,”
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
Hebrew 9:27 “Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,”
That is the same one I was referring to. Instead, what you claim was supposedly written by Paul in one of his letters and the meaning of that claim is as found in the context of his letter which you conveniently ignore when you lift his word out-of-context so. undecided

Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by drlateef: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is the same one I was referring to. Instead, what you claim was supposedly written by Paul in one of his letters and the meaning of that claim is as found in the context of his letter which you conveniently ignore when you lift his word out-of-context so. undecided

Is bible contradicting itself?
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
drlateef:
Is bible contradicting itself?
As I explained earlier... The Bible does not say that... the bible does not say or talk at all. It is instead a library. So much the same way you cannot say your library said something, it is wrong to say the bible said something. undecided

And no, there is no contradiction there in the statement. Instead, you commit what is an informal fallacy by quoting the verse out-of-context, distorting the intended meaning of the author as a result. undecided
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by Darevofpeace(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
arthurwillia:
this is not hearsay but it’s actually hearsay na baba. No be landlady tell Una. Una See am

You lacked comprehension
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by searchlight: 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
sharpwriter:

Don't be funny, read for understanding.... Those who wanted to transport him did the magic stuff, not the dead man. You may quote the original narrator for clarification.
I'd those had the powers to do that why don't that have the powers to get back to life? All na wash.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by searchlight: 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
detectivejones:
Dude just say you want the full gist than this your headache questions. The kids are not my cousin. Quote me again let me offload the story for you
Tell the full story.
Re: I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later by dreamxhaser: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
LyfeJennings:

Bro, I'm a Muslim and I understand the scriptures but no be everything God tell us explicitly
Na Holy books talk say Jazz no dey but bro, JAZZ DEY, CONFAMA
There are so many things that are beyond us
No be any Jinn enter the guy body
na the guy gangan he see live but he is no longer ordinary human

Islam confirms jazz exist. I has been used on the Prophet Pbuh before Allah freed him

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / Upside Down Marriage / 'Fear Woman: The Adulterous Wife' - Obituary Poster In Delta State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.