Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70379 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
acorntree:

Lie!! Maybe you're not conversant with what's happening in your environment. What happened to me personally is even worst than been kidnapped. Nigeria really failed me despite my trust in her and my patriotism never favour. I regretted not leaving Nigeria when I was young. I pray you will experience what's I've experienced due to useless government we have here
Pray till tomorrow... Dont take charge of your life ... Europe and America sef go dissappoint you

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by yahoodetector: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

If I no follow ... Thunder go finish your family ... Oloriburuku... Since na government dey decide how your life go be ... Ode

So the policies of this ineptitude government doesn't affect the lives of the common man?

Now I know an illiterate with nothing upstairs mentioned me. Stop engaging me...I am not in the same league of stupidíty and illiteracy with you.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ayandee: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
sokeril:

Thank you sir,I will tell him this.
She has been threatening him that if he doesn’t move then they should divorce.
A man with a law firm,and making cool money...
I’m just scared all his hard work here might go to the drains.
That shouldn't cause séparation between them. He just needs to shuttle between Nigeria and the UK from time to time.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by OdefaGirl(f): 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

My relatives no beg me for money ... And me too no beg them... But cus you dey abroad you come dey feel like you better pass people wey no dey ... Na you run ooo... Nobody pursue you

You are off from the discussion... I wonder what you are now talking about.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
OdefaGirl:

You are off from the discussion... I wonder what you are now talking about.
Na you know that one ooo
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lingudy(m): 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2022
I think it worth it. Better life and good government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
gassbee:
you worked as a labourer in the west and u r more fulfilled as a labourer in d west than when u worked in oil and gas in nigeria, just to ask you worked as wat in the oil and gas in Nigeria

100% because I knew it was not my destination and I no longer work as a laborer. In that time frame I have successfully transitioned into IT and earning more than oil and gas workers that I started with
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
yahoodetector:

So the policies of this ineptitude government doesn't affect the lives of the common man?

Now I know an illiterate with nothing upstairs mentioned me. Stop engaging me...I am not in the same league of stupidíty and illiteracy with you.

These are paid government disinformation agents. Don't expect anything they say to make sense

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
Munamoqel:
those no follow for japa crew. This are work migrants na .

What's the difference? This place is a land of opportunities
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by LastProphet: 12:01am On Nov 07, 2022
Munamoqel:
story .obi was also an emperor and single handed pick his successor from his bank against all other . So you a a contradicting yourself. The SDP candidate is far better than obi in term of capacity . ideas . brilliance .obi is dull and inchorent and not in like of soludu Sunusi Osinbajo

You are a baby who cannot even understand what obi did even if it was explained to you. I used to be in a team of FG consultants that monitored MDG projects across states, Obi has no mate. I'm not ibo and and I don't give a damn about them but obi is not today. Your other candidates have no track record. As for who obi picked as successor, he didn't do that well that's where I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lotechi(m): 12:43am On Nov 07, 2022
alphabbey1:

It's been 3 years now, how much do you earn presently in you current country... no lies please...
I am in the US, and I make about 2million Naira in one week. I work about 12hrs a day for 5days.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:07am On Nov 07, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Am in ogun state here... Companys full here ...its owned by foreigners...
while Nigerians are running out to go do 2 jobs while Asians are coming into Nigeria to own companies

That's irony of life
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:08am On Nov 07, 2022
Lotechi:

I am in the US, and I make about 2million Naira in one week. I work about 12hrs a day for 5days.
lol... Story for the kindergarten

So how many firms do you own if you make such a money... Don't tell me you are still doing hourly wages or two jobs
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Blitzerz: 1:13am On Nov 07, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

People no dey die for Yankee...
How many times you hear say them kill 200 Nigerians for their farm there?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:15am On Nov 07, 2022
sokeril:
Been following your argument sir.
What will your advice be for a lawyer ,nine years post bar,34,already has his own law firm and employ lawyers he is paying..he is doing very well here but his wife who is a nurse in UK is telling him to come and relocate to Uk permanently.
In your opinion and with your experience sir, should he make the move?
God bless you sir

Who is the man of the house... Wait your wife is telling you to leave your law firm that you are doing well to come over! I don't get it!

You have a law firm doing fantastically well in Nigeria.. Paying lawyers and having great briefs and you want to close shop to live in UK. That will be the GREATEST REGRET of your life! Trust me!

Many in UK especially Kent, Peckham and some other places will pray to exchange positions with you. That is why folks like Tiwa Savage, Dbanj, Don Jazzy, NAIRA MARLEY NETO C and others left their places and came back today they are doing well.

My brother never make that mistake! If you can take that risk so be it unless it's the wife that is feeding you or paying the bills.

Tell her to come home...Nurses are making good money here also... They don't look for jobs but that is not the point. You can be visiting and coming back but to close down a thriving law firm for an unkwown life in UK of all places is a big NO NO for me.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:17am On Nov 07, 2022
Remnita:

Oga you too go back to your 35k monthly salary job
I stopped receiving salary about 5yrs ago... I pay!

No be everyone dey this una wages and salary Level abeg
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:19am On Nov 07, 2022
sokeril:

Thank you sir,I will tell him this.
She has been threatening him that if he doesn’t move then they should divorce.
A man with a law firm,and making cool money...
I’m just scared all his hard work here might go to the drains.
I told him the truth. He can't afford to close a thriving firm for a live he isn't sure of... If he tries it, that woman will curse him in UK and there is nothing he will do about it.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lotechi(m): 1:25am On Nov 07, 2022
ariesbull:
lol... Story for the kindergarten

So how many firms do you own if you make such a money... Don't tell me you are still doing hourly wages or two jobs
Oh no- I have a full time job as a program coordinator, and I make $60k in a year. I also drive Uber on my way to work, and on my way from work. Last month I made $6,400 driving Uber. Add that to my paycheck, and I am making about $10-12k in one month. Whenever I decide to drive Uber in the weekend, I even make more. E shock you Abi? Lol
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:26am On Nov 07, 2022
hodari:

I lived in Europe and have been to US so I know what I'm talking about.

The vast majority of Black people in those countries live on credit and are 10th class citizens. Even dogs are treated better than blacks.
your right... I went to Dubai sometimes, when I saw Nigerians in Sharjah and Deira... I just pitied them! They just hutsle to do Agent work while the girls are doing Olosho codedly... I just pity em!

I am not against people traveling but they should stop telling people that life is easy there.. Life is hard everywhere... I don't like the idea that people wound up their thriving business and travel to regret it. Many die of depression that is the truth.... They will not tell you

If you are in Europe do your thing quietly... Not everyone is designed to make it in Europe.. Soke are destined to live a rat race juggling between two jobs. While some will make it in Nigeria while some will make it in Europe... Don't make it look like Nigeria is that bad

Asians are making billions in Nigeria.. I

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:29am On Nov 07, 2022
Lotechi:

Oh no- I have a full time job as a program coordinator, and I make $60k in a year. I also drive Uber on my way to work, and on my way from work. Last month I made $6,400 driving Uber. Add that to my paycheck, and I am making about $10-12k in one month. E shock you Abi?
that is great but don't think that you are thinking of Naira with me while reeling out this figures bro...

You factor in your rent and I know you will be paying at least over 3k as rent in a month if you live in a decent neighborhood. Then you pay utilities and other credit bills

It is not what you are making that matters it is what is left! Bro that's the truth

So forget what you make it is what you have left! Remeber you pay in USD bro
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lotechi(m): 1:35am On Nov 07, 2022
ariesbull:
that is great but don't think that you are thinking of Naira with me while reeling out this figures bro...

You factor in your rent and I know you will be paying at least over 3k as rent in a month if you live in a decent neighborhood. Then you pay utilities and other credit bills

It is not what you are making that matters it is what is left! Bro that's the truth

So forget what you make it is what you have left! Remeber you pay in USD bro

I bought a four bedroom house with my girlfriend and we split the mortgage. I currently pay about 1,350 for my part of monthly mortgage and utilities. I pay 600$ as car payment. Basically, I don’t spend more than $2,600 for all my bills including eating out and other stuff. So, I am able to save about $6-8k Monthly.
Do not let politicians fool you, life does not need to be as hard as it is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 1:48am On Nov 07, 2022
Lotechi:

I bought a four bedroom house with my girlfriend and we split the mortgage. I currently pay about 1,350 for my part of monthly mortgage and utilities. I pay 600$ as car payment. Basically, I don’t spend more than $2,600 for all my bills including eating out and other stuff. So, I am able to save about $6-8k Monthly.
Do not let politicians fool you, life does not need to be as hard as it is in Nigeria.

You are on mortgage bro.. When you are done with the mortgage you can say you own the house... Or repo will show up.

Do you guys even think we are stupid? You make a 10% down payment you say you buy... Dude you are on mortgage, when you are done with the payment then let's have a conversation...

I don't do mortgage I buy land and build straight up... I hate credit life

I can't imagine buying boxers with credit card... My bank here in Nigeria have been telling me to take a credit card, I don't like it...

Credit life isn't good... Mortgage is credit... You make 10%or 20% deposit and spread the payment the next few years...

So why you come dey tell me say you bought a house like say you don finish mortgage

You save 8k monthly yet you never cibsh the mortgage payment nicely... Even the whites in USA how many of them save 6k a month... Abeg make we hear another gist bro

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lotechi(m): 2:11am On Nov 07, 2022
ariesbull:

You are on mortgage bro.. When you are done with the mortgage you can say you own the house... Or repo will show up.

Do you guys even think we are stupid? You make a 10% down payment you say you buy... Dude you are on mortgage, when you are done with the payment then let's have a conversation...

I can't imagine buying boxers with credit card... My bank here in Nigeria have been telling me to take a credit card, I don't like it...

Credit life isn't good... Mortgage is credit... You make 10%or 20% deposit and spread the payment the next few years...

So why you come dey tell me say you bought a house like say you don finish mortgage

You save 8k monthly yet you never cibsh the mortgage payment nicely... Even the whites in USA how many of them save 6k a month... Abeg make we hear another gist bro
You hate credit life because you are not very educated. Without access to relatively low interest loans, societies cannot adequately grow and keep up with innovation. I am not competing with you, I just answered the question they asked about how much I make in the US. If you buy your stuff outright, then good for you. Nor be quarrel, nor be fight. But one thing I can tell you is life is way better in the developed world - believe it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 2:25am On Nov 07, 2022
Lotechi:

You hate credit life because you are not very educated. Without access to relatively low interest loans, societies cannot adequately grow and keep up with innovation. I am not competing with you, I just answered the question they asked about how much I make in the US. If you buy your stuff outright, then good for you. Nor be quarrel, nor be fight. But one thing I can tell you is life is way better in the developed world - believe it or not.

Because I hate credit now that means I am not educated... Please stop telling folks that you bought a house.

You are on a mortgage.. When you are done then you can say you own a house. Work hard so that repo will not come!

Have a great day
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lotechi(m): 2:28am On Nov 07, 2022
ariesbull:

Also, why do I need to pay off my mortgage when I can put a down payment for another house, rent it out and my tenants pay the mortgage with their rent. That’s how wealth is built over time with credit! Just a little economic lesson.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 2:30am On Nov 07, 2022
Lotechi:

Also, why do I need to pay off my mortgage when I can put a down payment for another house, rent it out and my tenants pay the mortgage with their rent. That’s how wealth is built over time with credit! Just a little economic lesson.
lol

This dude is funny! Rent it out or live in it.. It is inconsequential

Pay off your mortgage before you can claim ownership fully or repo will knock

Have a great day
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 2:32am On Nov 07, 2022
Lotechi:

Do you want to end up like this?

In fact, 73% of consumers had outstanding debt when they were reported as dead, according to data provided to Credit.com by credit bureau Experian. Those consumers carried an average total balance of $61,554, including mortgage debt. Without home loans, the average balance was $12,875.

The data is based on Experian’s FileOne database, which includes 220 million consumers. (There are about 242 million adults in the U.S., according to 2015 estimates from the Census Bureau.) To determine the average debt people have when they die, Experian looked at consumers who, as of October 2016, were not deceased, but then showed as deceased as of December 2016. Among the 73% of consumers who had debt when they died, about 68% had credit card balances. The next most common kind of debt was mortgage debt (37%), followed by auto loans (25%), personal loans (12%) and student loans (6%).

These were the average unpaid balances: credit cards, $4,531; auto loans, $17,111; personal loans, $14,793; and student loans, $25,391.

That’s a lot of debt, and it doesn’t just disappear when someone dies.

.. Is this how you want to end up? This is Rat race! How can people owe till they die! Always in perpetual debt! Doing 3 jobs that's slavery!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Lotechi(m): 3:08am On Nov 07, 2022
ariesbull:
lol

This dude is funny! Rent it out or live in it.. It is inconsequential

Pay off your mortgage before you can claim ownership fully or repo will knock

Have a great day
“You know nothing Jon Snow” lol
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by KlausMike(m): 3:18am On Nov 07, 2022
gassbee:
if u are earning 500k n cant give urself some degree of a quality life then something is wrong with u financially

N500k is not a lot of money. Definitely not enough for the type of lifestyle I grew up in and was definitely not going to be enough to care for my family. There are some lows some of us will never settle for without a fight! My fight was to leave my comfort zone and seek a better life! Now I get to choose the life I’ve always dreamt of in Canada ��.

Not everyone will leave naija sha. It worked out for me and mines wink grin

At the end of the day, choose the life you want!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by acorntree(m): 3:30am On Nov 07, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Arindin... Why Nigeria no go fail you... When you put your trust in a man that doesnt know you exist... Anybody make e reach there ... I go find my way... I dont rely on any government to decide how my own personal life go be

I thought you're a reasonable human being until you degrade yourself to this level . Oponu, so you think you can live a secured life without a proactive government. I'm successful to certain level but I don't see myself and my children living a secured life. Any calamity could happen to anyone at anytime because life here is insecure
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by willian10: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2022
Akangbedfacts:
Many people don't follow international trend. Do u think outside country is smooth and fine at the moment? How can I have above 40m and yet I will relocate outside Nigeria. That is madness. I can turn it round far better here.
U really think so

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply)

Here Are Countries You Can Buy Citizenship From, When Tired Of Nigeria / Five Cowries Terminal: Lagos Jetty - Water Transportation (Video, Photos) / Nurse Who Visited Nigeria Over 35 Years Ago Moves Man To Tears In UK. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.